PDA

View Full Version : The ref

matty_f
24-02-2016, 10:39 PM
100% not to blame for the defeat, but **** me, he was ****ing terrible. Never had control of the game. Woeful.

Not as bad as Hibs were, but he was a very close second.

gaz1875
24-02-2016, 10:42 PM
We should have had a foul just before their second goal.

Monts
24-02-2016, 10:42 PM
Would need to see them again but I thought we should've had two penalties in the second half.

Cummings was also claiming for one after his miss, but it was the wrong end for me to see.

I thought the ref missed a lot of fouls, and was very reluctant to book any of them.

Thecat23
24-02-2016, 10:43 PM
Would need to see them again but I thought we should've had two penalties in the second half.

Cummings was also claiming for one after his miss, but it was the wrong end for me to see.

I thought the ref missed a lot of fouls, and was very reluctant to book any of them.

This 👆🏼

djs69
24-02-2016, 10:43 PM
Was that when Hendo was just about kicked in the head. We had a clear penalty when stokes was bundled over and he was generally poor

LaMotta
24-02-2016, 10:44 PM
Making up for the dodgy pen he gave us in the semi.

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2016, 10:45 PM
Was that when Hendo was just about kicked in the head.

I thought he stooped into that one.

Monts
Was that when Hendo was just about kicked in the head. We had a clear penalty when stokes was bundled over and he was generally poor

That high foot was a stick on foul. No idea how he didn't give it.

matty_f
We should have had a foul just before their second goal.

Thought there were two fouls in the build up, Stevenson was being held in a ridiculously obvious way, and there was a handball too.

The shove on Stokes was as blatant a penalty as you'll see.

Also, Oxley would have been booked if he'd wasted the time their keeper wasted, and kicking the ball away is evidently only a booking in a derby.

Ref was murder.

gaz1875
24-02-2016, 10:46 PM

Yep clear foul players pretty much stopped expecting it.

Bayern Bru
24-02-2016, 10:46 PM
Infuriatingly fussy. Some bizarre decisions as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matty_f
24-02-2016, 10:47 PM
I thought he stooped into that one.

The boot was up with the studs showing, Henderson's head was bowed but he wasn't stooping, imho. Should have been a foul.

djs69
24-02-2016, 10:47 PM
Apparently he was a stand in, didn't catch his name

IrnBru22
24-02-2016, 10:48 PM
He was useless

Monts
24-02-2016, 10:48 PM
Think it was McLean

matty_f
24-02-2016, 10:52 PM

I hope he never stands in again. Total joker.

Biggie
24-02-2016, 10:55 PM
I thought he let Morton take the piss out of him.....how some of that mob weren't booked is beyond me

MWHIBBIES
24-02-2016, 10:56 PM
If we gives the penalty for the foul on Stokes the guy has to be sent off and we probably win. We were rotten but he made a very big mistake which cost us.

ALF TUPPER
24-02-2016, 10:57 PM
100% not to blame for the defeat, but **** me, he was ****ing terrible. Never had control of the game. Woeful.

Not as bad as Hibs were, but he was a very close second.

He was howl in' ....., so we're we right enough

Ozyhibby
24-02-2016, 10:58 PM
Maybe now that Sevco have won the league we'll start getting an easier time from the refs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Criswell
24-02-2016, 11:00 PM
Gave a pretty poor performance in my opinion. Never got on top of Morton's cynical antics, in fact they played him like an old fiddle. I also thought he chickened out of a couple of big decisions; eg Cummings fouled in a goal-scoring situation. Should have meant a penalty and a red card!

Nevi_SOL
24-02-2016, 11:01 PM
Thought there were two fouls in the build up, Stevenson was being held in a ridiculously obvious way, and there was a handball too.

The shove on Stokes was as blatant a penalty as you'll see.

Also, Oxley would have been booked if he'd wasted the time their keeper wasted, and kicking the ball away is evidently only a booking in a derby.

Ref was murder.

as well as leaving the field of play to celebrate, but as has already been said we weren't good enough to win the game.

pedroorange1875
24-02-2016, 11:03 PM
I disagree with the statement he is not 100% to blame for the defeat, i think he had a massive influence on where the game went

matty_f
24-02-2016, 11:04 PM
as well as leaving the field of play to celebrate, but as has already been said we weren't good enough to win the game.

Yep. ****ing nonsense the way ref's pick and choose when they book for it.

Shrekko
24-02-2016, 11:21 PM
As ridiculous at it seems- if the ref had done his job correctly we may well gave gone on to win the game. The non penalty at 0-1 is one of the worst decisions I've seen in ages. We score that and the most likely outcome is that we settle down and go in to win it.

Incredible that he let a Morton player batter the ball out of play with his hand after a foul and somehow it's not a booking.

Boyle89
25-02-2016, 01:35 AM
Just watched the 'highlights'. Clear penalty for the foul on stokes! The guy just leans/pushes on him till they fall over when the ball is right there for a shot at goal!
Clear holding on Stevenson for the second goal, having said that oxley shouldn't have spilled it.
Also the ball over the top for keatings I think is a pen as well! Defender doesn't get the ball and falls into keatings. Pen and a red card all day for me.

Stokesy's on fire
25-02-2016, 02:01 AM
Shall we start a petition??? hahaha

renato
25-02-2016, 05:18 AM
Used to think he was one of the better refs but that was a shocker last night. At least one pen and how Stevenson didn't get a foul in build up to their second, I'll never know. Yet again, game changing decisions (never mind the other smaller mistakes he made).

Same ref that gave the "handball" decision against Dylan at Ibrox that cost us that game too.

Tricla
25-02-2016, 05:45 AM
IMO the refs performance stank of the GFA last night. We were pish though.

Onion
25-02-2016, 06:14 AM
As ridiculous at it seems- if the ref had done his job correctly we may well gave gone on to win the game. The non penalty at 0-1 is one of the worst decisions I've seen in ages. We score that and the most likely outcome is that we settle down and go in to win it.

Incredible that he let a Morton player batter the ball out of play with his hand after a foul and somehow it's not a booking.

:agree: Would need to see it again but Stokes was impeded in the box, pen and red card for the boy, Hibs owl have gone on to win match. Instead ref gifts Sevco 3 points.

DaveF
25-02-2016, 06:48 AM

Was he just dragged in off the street?

He missed every crucial decision and was generally never in control of the game. As rotten as we were, that ref was by far and away the worst on the park.

kaimendhibs
25-02-2016, 06:51 AM
He was absolutely rank rotten but only in decisions in mortons favour. Well played you plank

Geo_1875
25-02-2016, 10:15 AM

Why did they choose to celebrate the goal in the furthest corner from their own fans and almost in front of the Hibs support in the East Stand?

Surely they would have wasted more time by running behind the goals and shaking the hand of every Morton fan who turned up.

Their back 6 ran the length of the pitch to join in the celebrations and nobody is booked. That's just not right.

The_Horde
25-02-2016, 10:48 AM
Seen the highlights. 2 of the clearest pens you'll ever see and how that's not a foul for the 2nd I'll never know. Useless. And if it was Thomson folk would be going off their rocker

DaveF
25-02-2016, 11:22 AM
Seen the highlights. 2 of the clearest pens you'll ever see and how that's not a foul for the 2nd I'll never know. Useless. And if it was Thomson folk would be going off their rocker

Not yet seen them but thanks for confirming what most of thought. Someone else said he was the ref who gave sevco the free kick from which they scored the resultant free kick in the 1-0 game?

We should be looking out his lodge membership...

renato
25-02-2016, 11:26 AM
Not yet seen them but thanks for confirming what most of thought. Someone else said he was the ref who gave sevco the free kick from which they scored the resultant free kick in the 1-0 game?

We should be looking out his lodge membership...

Aye, that was me. Game changing decisions decide championships (some would argue even more so than a 90 minute performance from a team).,,

hulk
25-02-2016, 12:31 PM
According to the EEN the ref was Greg Aitken - another name for us to remember / avoid if we can !!!!!

JoeT_WasTheBest
25-02-2016, 12:49 PM
According to the EEN the ref was Greg Aitken - another name for us to remember / avoid if we can !!!!!

It was Steven McLean. I assume Greg Aitken was supposed to ref, last minute change as mentioned earlier.

DaveF
25-02-2016, 12:56 PM
It was Steven McLean. I assume Greg Aitken was supposed to ref, last minute change as mentioned earlier.

Nah, it wasn't McLean. I see he's listed on the sfa site bur it looked nothing like him.

IrnBru22
25-02-2016, 02:29 PM
Nah, it wasn't McLean. I see he's listed on the sfa site bur it looked nothing like him.

It was McLean.

matty_f
25-02-2016, 02:35 PM
I didn't think it was McLean.

brog
25-02-2016, 02:49 PM
I didn't think it was McLean.

It was according to our site. I usually think he's one of the better ones, or at least less poor!

matty_f
25-02-2016, 02:53 PM
It was according to our site. I usually think he's one of the better ones, or at least less poor!

Whoever it was last night had a complete shocker. One of the worst refs this season, and that's saying something.

Danderhall Hibs
25-02-2016, 03:04 PM

Think you're right Joe. Definitely looked like McLean.

Jonnyboy
25-02-2016, 03:06 PM
It was Steven "come on the The Rangers" McLean

DaveF
25-02-2016, 03:43 PM
It was Steven "come on the The Rangers" McLean

Think I need to go to Specsavers then as I didn't think it looked anything like him!

Monts
25-02-2016, 03:55 PM
Is there anywhere to see the penalty incidents again?

JeMeSouviens
25-02-2016, 04:00 PM
Is there anywhere to see the penalty incidents again?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35661707

I'm not convinced the ball is out before McGinn "scores" either or even if it was, that the linesman could've seen it. None of the Morton players claim for it.

MWHIBBIES
25-02-2016, 04:04 PM
Wasn't out of play and Stokes was clearly fouled...brilliant. Game in hand and that happens, shocker.

renato
25-02-2016, 04:31 PM
It was McLean and yes he's normally one of the better refs but he had a shocker last night, as well as that dodgy free kick at Ibrox for the 1-0 loss.

Bishop Hibee
25-02-2016, 04:41 PM
The ref and linesman were the only ones in the ground who couldn't see the foul on Stokes was a penalty.

kaimendhibs
25-02-2016, 05:36 PM
Knew last night he was bad but out of play, never😤😤 and certain push on stokes

1875Sean
25-02-2016, 05:45 PM
Never seen it mentioned does anyone know why the McGinn goal was disallowed? Looking can't looks like Cummings kept the ball in and not sure it was offside?

MWHIBBIES
25-02-2016, 05:50 PM
Never seen it mentioned does anyone know why the McGinn goal was disallowed? Looking can't looks like Cummings kept the ball in and not sure it was offside?Was because the ball went out. Was no where near out though.

matty_f
25-02-2016, 06:46 PM
Was because the ball went out. Was no where near out though.

Couple of criminally bad decisions. Good job we're not paranoid or we'd be questioning the officials' motives in this game...

MWHIBBIES
25-02-2016, 07:03 PM
Couple of criminally bad decisions. Good job we're not paranoid or we'd be questioning the officials' motives in this game...Yeah, it really sucks. We were actually solid for the first 30 minutes and should have been at least 1 up. We went to bits second half but officials did us no favors.

No coincidence that this was a must win game to keep the title with Rangers alive...

DaveF
25-02-2016, 08:12 PM
Wasn't out of play and Stokes was clearly fouled...brilliant. Game in hand and that happens, shocker.

Agree with that. Don't think the Cummings one was a penalty though - just an absolute howler of a miss.

wookie70
25-02-2016, 08:28 PM
Cummings miss - red card and pen
McGinn Goal - Goal
Stokes Pen - red card and pen
Keatings Pen - good shout
Their second goal - clear foul on Lewis

That is a hell of a lot of big decisions in one game to go against a team particularly one playing at home with a decent support. From where I sat at the game (upper west front row on 18 yard box at away end) I would, with my bias, have said that every incident was 60/40 Hibs. Having watched the highlights a few times I would go more like 70/30 with the exception of the Keatings pen which I would say was more not than it was but not easy to see. I think the ref was the only one that actually performed worse than the Hibs players

JimBHibees
25-02-2016, 08:32 PM
McGinn Goal - Goal

That is a hell of a lot of big decisions in one game to go against a team particularly one playing at home with a decent support. From where I sat at the game (upper west front row on 18 yard box at away end) I would, with my bias, have said that every incident was 60/40 Hibs. Having watched the highlights a few times I would go more like 70/30 with the exception of the Keatings pen which I would say was more not than it was but not easy to see. I think the ref was the only one that actually performed worse than the Hibs players

McGinn goal offside against Cummings.
Stokes a pen and red card.
Cummings header not a foul IMO.

JimBHibees
25-02-2016, 08:32 PM
Was because the ball went out. Was no where near out though.

Cummings was offside.

eastterrace
25-02-2016, 08:41 PM
Cummings was offside. no he wasn't if you look at linesman he clearly shows that the ball went out of play

MWHIBBIES
25-02-2016, 08:41 PM
Cummings was offside.Pretty sure he gave a goal kick?

eastterrace
25-02-2016, 08:42 PM
Pretty sure he gave a goal kick? he did

wookie70
25-02-2016, 08:44 PM
I have watched the Cummings header a good few times and there is contact in his back just before the ball reaches Jason and possibly a tangle of legs just as it is headed. He accelerates after heading the ball right into the back of the net due to the shove imo.

The McGinn goal having watched it again could well have been offside. I was looking for the ball going over the bye line as that is what it seemed the lino was waving his flag for at the game. The game restarted with ball in 6 yard box and if Cummings was offside it was 8 yards or so away from the 6 yard box

JimBHibees
25-02-2016, 08:47 PM
Pretty sure he gave a goal kick?

Ok wasn't there last night just looked like Cummings was offside and linesman was looking like he was signalling offside, maybe wrong.

gaz1875
25-02-2016, 11:02 PM
Ok wasn't there last night just looked like Cummings was offside and linesman was looking like he was signalling offside, maybe wrong.

The linesman claimed the ball went out, how he could see that in the position he was in was pretty incredible. Having watched it a few times on BBC the ball looks like its not even touching the line never mind being over the line, even the Morton players near Cummings looked like they had lost a good goal.

givescotlandfreedom
26-02-2016, 01:48 AM
The linesman claimed the ball went out, how he could see that in the position he was in was pretty incredible. Having watched it a few times on BBC the ball looks like its not even touching the line never mind being over the line, even the Morton players near Cummings looked like they had lost a good goal.

The same linesman also signalled the ball was out in the second half for a thrown in in the second half when the who ball hadn't even nearly crossed the line.

Kato
26-02-2016, 09:39 AM
McGinn Goal - Goal

Ach, don't worry. We all know that these decisions even themselves overtime, over the time it takes hell to freeze over that is.