PDA

View Full Version : Malonga

Hibs1992
24-02-2016, 09:55 PM
Very easy I know to start grasping at things after a night like tonight but I can't help but feel we may end up regretting the decision to let Malonga leave.

Keatings confidence is clesrly at rock bottom and he doesn't look like scoring. Dagnall seems like a hard worker and decent option but not a goal threat.

Clearly Stokes was meant to be the direct replacement for Malonga and an upgrade on him. Early days but he does not seem to be at it. Lots of ability but poor attitude when the going gets tough and straight down the tunnel when subbed tonight.

A lot of pressure on Cummings to score as our midfielders do not chip in with nearly enough goals considering how much time they spend in the final third.

The number of goals we score at this level is not really as high as it should be and may end up costing us in the play offs as Falkirk have had a fair but of success in frustrating us and then nicking a goal in the past.

Feeling slightly worried just now but maybe just due to the sheer shock of tonight's result and more significantly the completely disjointed and chaotic 2nd half performance.

I miss Dom :confused:

pedroorange1875
24-02-2016, 10:00 PM
Stokes came back out very quickly with a tracksuit on.....bit early to start slagging him

Dom'sFirstTouch
24-02-2016, 10:02 PM
I was a big Malonga fan and I certainly personally regret that Hibs let him go, but in truth he wasn't contributing many goals this season either. He was always fantastic entertainment at least.

It seems to be as much about team set up as individuals, as it's been a relatively constant problem during Stubbs' tenure.

Andy74
24-02-2016, 10:05 PM
I was a big Malonga fan and I certainly personally regret that Hibs let him go, but in truth he wasn't contributing many goals this season either. He was always fantastic entertainment at least.

It seems to be as much about team set up as individuals, as it's been a relatively constant problem during Stubbs' tenure.

He was in scoring form when he left and overall his record was very good.

When you consider Dagnall hasn't yet scored, Keatings not for weeks. Stokes hasn't improved upon it.

Nicho87
24-02-2016, 10:05 PM
Said on twitter tonight, we let him go 6 months to early.

Hibs1992
24-02-2016, 10:06 PM

Take your point on Malonga not scoring many goals but felt he was a great partner to Cummings.

Malonga was far better at taking the ball in to his feet or body and keeping possession for the team than anybody we have instead (although Farid is good at this too so if he can get fit he may fill the void).

He brought a touch of class to our foward play and stretched out the opposition thereby allowing our other attackers to find space.

jarre1875
24-02-2016, 10:10 PM
I thought at the time we let big dom go a bit early especially with the games we had coming up. Admittedly he wasnt everyones fav player he gave us something a wee bit different up front.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
24-02-2016, 10:11 PM
Personally of it was a simple choice I would have not only kept him but tried to sign him up on a longer deal.

Sadly I don't think it was entirely Hibs choice. His family hadn't really settled in Edinburgh and he wanted to go. Whther we should have forced him to see out his contract or not is another debate of course.

Billy Whizz
24-02-2016, 10:12 PM
Personally I would have not only kept him but tried to sign him up on a longer deal.

Sadly I don't think it was entirely Hibs choice. His family hadn't really settled in Edinburgh and he wanted to go. Whther we should have forced him to see out hos contract or not is another debate of course.

He wanted to go. As fas as I'm concerned, I was a big Dom fan, but he walked out on us on the eve of a Cup Semi

Dom'sFirstTouch
24-02-2016, 10:17 PM
He was in scoring form when he left and overall his record was very good.

When you consider Dagnall hasn't yet scored, Keatings not for weeks. Stokes hasn't improved upon it.

Yep I'd personally prefer to have Malonga in the team over Dagnall, Keatings or Stokes (on what he's shown so far anyway).

It seemed that he'd dropped behind Stokes and Dagnall in Stubbs' pecking order (rightly or wrongly) though so not sure how much game time he'd have been seeing?

Thecat23
24-02-2016, 10:18 PM
Guys folk need to know Malonga asked to move simple as that. His wife wanted to go back to Italy and Hibs didn't stand in his way. I wish he had stayed but there was no danger of it once he informed Stubbs he wanted a move back there.

Imagine how pissed off he'd have been if we said no! Also if we knew we were getting Stokes I'm sure 99% would take that swap.

Andy74
24-02-2016, 10:20 PM
Guys folk need to know Malonga asked to move simple as that. His wife wanted to go back to Italy and Hibs didn't stand in his way. I wish he had stayed but there was no danger of it once he informed Stubbs he wanted a move back there.

Imagine how pissed off he'd have been if we said no! Also if we knew we were getting Stokes I'm sure 99% would take that swap.

He wouldn't have been too pissed off according to his comments afterwards that he agonised over it.

Hibs should have done more to keep him. Simple as that.

scotia44
24-02-2016, 10:21 PM

Yes but we have just been cuffed by morton and people want heads to roll and players who have gone to come back so don't you go spoiling it with facts😃

Hi Heid Yin
24-02-2016, 10:24 PM
The team as a whole let us down tonight. I really don't believe that Malonga would have made the slightest difference or affected the outcome. Our team was riddled with quality but it was simply a collective failure. This happens from time to time.

Thecat23
24-02-2016, 10:25 PM
Yes but we have just been cuffed by morton and people want heads to roll and players who have gone to come back so don't you go spoiling it with facts😃

😁👍🏼

Andy74
24-02-2016, 10:25 PM

It's quite relevant though. There was a feeling the decision may impact us as the league went on and it has. It's normal for those decisions to be discussed. We are talking one of the best players we have had in recent years and we gave him away with so many important games coming up.

Glory Lurker
24-02-2016, 10:26 PM
Dom! Dom!

:boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2016, 10:26 PM
It's quite relevant though. There was a feeling the decision may impact us as the league went on and it has. It's normal for those decisions to be discussed. We are talking one of the best players we have had in recent years and we gave him away with so many important games coming up.

You genuinely think we lost tonight cos Malonga wasn't playing?

Andy74
24-02-2016, 10:27 PM
You genuinely think we lost tonight cos Malonga wasn't playing?

I genuinely think we are now 8 behind because we let him go, yes. Not just tonight.

Ozyhibby
24-02-2016, 10:27 PM
It's not the personnel, it's the system. We should be scoring far more goals than we are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thecat23
24-02-2016, 10:28 PM

Do you think Hibs just let him go the moment he asked? I'm almost certain they would have sat down with him and discussed the situation. Once he made it clear he wasn't staying Hibs have then and found a replacement in Stokes (which almost all) wanted him and who's also a proven goal scorer!

It's time we moved on from this because it's becoming a .Net fact that Hibs just let him leave and it's our fault.

Hermit Crab
People are not seriously wanting malonga back after one bad result are they?

Danderhall Hibs
I genuinely think we are now 8 behind because we let him go, yes. Not just tonight.

We've dropped points in 2 games since he left so it can only be those 2?
How many points behind were we when he left?

scotia44
I defo think rowan vine might have scored tonight
I miss vine.....😢 we should have done more to keep him

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2016, 10:29 PM

They also want stokes sent back to Celtic after one bad result.

erin go bragh
24-02-2016, 10:29 PM
The team as a whole let us down tonight. I really don't believe that Malonga would have made the slightest difference or affected the outcome. Our team was riddled with quality but it was simply a collective failure. This happens from time to time.

Nail on head 👍 Games caught up with us . Move on .

GGTTH

Thecat23
24-02-2016, 10:30 PM

I loved Dom as much as the next but that's ridiculous! You can't say we are 8 behind because we let him go Andy.

Andy74
Do you think Hibs just let him go the moment he asked? I'm almost certain they would have sat down with him and discussed the situation. Once he made it clear he wasn't staying Hibs have then and found a replacement in Stokes (which almost all) who's a proven goal scorer!

It's time we moved on from this because it's becoming a .Net fact that Hibs just let him leave and it's our fault.

He couldn't just leave. He had a contract and from what he was saying he wasn't demanding to go at all. He was in two minds about it.

If McGinn say just fancied away we'd just say yes that's fine?

Hermit Crab
I defo think rowan vine might have scored tonight
I miss vine..... we should have done more to keep him

If you want to troll, do it on Kickback. :rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
24-02-2016, 10:31 PM
They also want stokes sent back to Celtic after one bad result.

Thats laughable as well.

Andy74
24-02-2016, 10:31 PM
I loved Dom as much as the next but that's ridiculous! You can't say we are 8 behind because we let him go Andy.

I can and I did. That and replacing him with strikers that aren't scoring. All part of the same thing. We knew we were still in 3 competitions and it would be tough.

Thecat23
24-02-2016, 10:34 PM
I can and I did. That and replacing him with strikers that aren't scoring. All part of the same thing. We knew we were still in 3 competitions and it would be tough.

Yes you did, but you can't say he'd have made a difference could you? The goals Stokes did get Dom might not have! It's all what ifs and again you have missed the part that....He wanted to leave, what part of that is Hibs fault?

Hibs1992
24-02-2016, 10:35 PM

Failing to score against Livingston and then Morton suggests that we are struggling for firepower at the minute.

I think it is a relevant point of discussion.

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2016, 10:36 PM

How many points were we behind when he left?

scotia44
24-02-2016, 10:36 PM
If you want to troll, do it on Kickback. :rolleyes:
The thread is about a player that is no longer at hibs. Dom won't,can't, will never change tonight's result

Hermit Crab
24-02-2016, 10:38 PM
Failing to score against Livingston and then Morton suggests that we are struggling for firepower at the minute.

I think it is a relevant point of discussion.

Yet we scored against St mirren (H), Morton (A) St Johnstone (N), Hearts (A), Hearts (H) and Alloa (H) 12 goals in 8 games, lackof fire power? Some teams don't manage 12 goals in 12 games...

Thecat23
24-02-2016, 10:41 PM
Yet we scored against St mirren (H), Morton (A) St Johnstone (N), Hearts (A), Hearts (H) and Alloa (H) 12 goals in 8 games, lackof fire power? Some teams don't manage 12 goals in 12 games...

Stop posting facts, this is a thread about Dom winning us the treble and how it's gone tits up after one defeat. A defeat that Dom would have stopped as well mind. 😂

Andy74
24-02-2016, 10:44 PM
Yes you did, but you can't say he'd have made a difference could you? The goals Stokes did get Dom might not have! It's all what ifs and again you have missed the part that....He wanted to leave, what part of that is Hibs fault?

His record suggests he would have got more than the 2 is it that Stokes and Dagnall have between them.

As I said Hibs had to choose to let him leave. You would just let every player that had another option go would you?

It would have been useful to still have one of our best players as an option.

Were you confident any of our bench tonight would get a goal if needed?

Hermit Crab
24-02-2016, 10:45 PM
Stop posting facts, this is a thread about Dom winning us the treble and how it's gone tits up after one defeat. A defeat that Dom would have stopped as well mind. 

I'm sorry I shall now retire to my room to repeatedly beat myself with a wooden cane as punishment for posting facts on .net when in actual fact I should be living in make believe land like some on here. :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2016, 10:47 PM
His record suggests he would have got more than the 2 is it that Stokes and Dagnall have between them.

As I said Hibs had to choose to let him leave. You would just let every player that had another option go would you?

how many points behind were we when he left?

Hermit Crab
24-02-2016, 10:47 PM

Which suggests Stubbs didn't think he was good enough otherwise he would have tried to convince him to stay. I fail to see how malonga staying at hibs would have enhanced our chances of winning tonight.

Andy74
24-02-2016, 10:49 PM
Which suggests Stubbs didn't think he was good enough otherwise he would have tried to convince him to stay. I fail to see how malonga staying at hibs would have enhanced our chances of winning tonight.

Well that would be the crux eh and Stubbs would have to live or die by that decision if it was his. As it stands it wasn't a good decision.

You fail to see why having one of our best players and a regular goal scorer could have improved our chances of winning?

Hermit Crab
24-02-2016, 10:50 PM
Well that would be the crux eh and Stubbs would have to live or die by that decision if it was his. As it stands it wasn't a good decision.

You fail to see why having one of our best players and a regular goal scorer could have improved our chances of winning?

Most definitely not one of our best players and not on the score sheet every 2nd week either.

Thecat23
24-02-2016, 10:52 PM

It would have been useful to still have one of our best players as an option.

Were you confident any of our bench tonight would get a goal if needed?

How many had Malonga got for us this season? He hit a dry run and may have not scored again until now for all we know.

Would I let anyone go? No I'd sit down discuss it and see what we could do, which Hibs done. You said you have contacts within Hibs surely you know Dom wanted out of Hibs for personal reasons and Hibs done the right thing.

Keeping him would do Hibs nor the player any good. Also since we are just making up scenarios what if Stokes scores the winning LC goal or SC goal or League Play off goal, will you think I'm glad we got Stokes in?

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2016, 10:52 PM

Just checked 4 goals in 20 games this season? Is that regular?

That's only 2 more than stokes.

Thecat23
24-02-2016, 10:53 PM

You are failing to see HE wanted out. He wasn't regular either, many did he score this season?

Edit.. From 8th Aug to Jan 9th he scored 6 goals. That's a very poor return for a striker and suggests he wouldn't have changed tonight's result.

Hermit Crab
24-02-2016, 11:00 PM

Sensible decision ion to let him go. I think stokes will have 10-15 goals by the end of the season.

Thecat23
24-02-2016, 11:00 PM
I'm sorry I shall now retire to my room to repeatedly beat myself with a wooden cane as punishment for posting facts on .net when in actual fact I should be living in make believe land like some on here. :greengrin

😂

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2016, 11:01 PM
You are failing to see HE wanted out. He wasn't regular either, many did he score this season?

Edit.. From 8th Aug to Jan 9th he scored 6 goals. That's a very poor return for a striker and suggests he wouldn't have changed tonight's result.

You're including 2 goals in cup matches. It's the league that we've lost due to him leaving.

Thecat23
24-02-2016, 11:02 PM

Stokes is a proven striker. Stubbs knows what he's doing and Malonga wanted out.

Plus what you stated above shuts down any argument Andy74 has that he'd have changed the game and we wouldn't be 8 points behind.

Thecat23
24-02-2016, 11:04 PM
You're including 2 goals in cup matches. It's the league that we've lost due to him leaving.

Right enough. I find it crazy to think Dom would have made up this 8 points gap and I was a fan of his. He scoring record was rotten this season.

J-C
24-02-2016, 11:05 PM
As a team this season we are averaging just over 1.5 goals per game and have drawn 4 and lost 4, forget Malonga but it's these piss poor stats that have cost us winning this league.

Hibbyhaz
24-02-2016, 11:08 PM
No doubt he is a great player, but no point keeping a player who doesn't want to stay. We all know he was prone to a huff now and then. Pretty sure he scored last week in Italy. All the best to him:scarf:

SeanWilson
24-02-2016, 11:13 PM
On a night that didn't go our way, Malonga would probably have been top of the lazy, not doing enough list. He's gone, great on his day but time to move on. 👍

Greenblood70
24-02-2016, 11:14 PM
We lost Malonga and replaced him with a striker who will run all day but doesn't score and one who doesn't run and is capable of scoring lots of goals but doesn't look like he gives a flying ****.

I miss Dom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andy74
24-02-2016, 11:42 PM
Stokes is a proven striker. Stubbs knows what he's doing and Malonga wanted out.

Plus what you stated above shuts down any argument Andy74 has that he'd have changed the game and we wouldn't be 8 points behind.

5 I think and was coming onto a run when we let him go. A better record the previous season too which suggested he would score goals reasonably regularly.

Dom wasn't really just about goals though and I think just dispensing with even having that option was crazy.

Funny how we didn't have the let him go if he wants attitude when Allan wanted to go to Rangers. It's often about having players respect the contract especially when you are in an important run in. He could have gone in the summer if he really wanted to.

Centre Hawf
24-02-2016, 11:44 PM

Because he's better than any of the options on the bench tonight and I'm starting to think he may be better than the two that started up front tonight as well. Should never have let him go and should have worked harder to keep him, I like Dagnall as I think he does a lot of work that say a Cummings or Stokes would appreciate but Stubbs is persisting with two players up front that just do not work together. Malonga, Cummings, Dagnall would have been a brilliant front 3 imho.

I'm not blaming Stubbs but I'm sure him constantly signing forwards did nothing to make Dom think he was appreciated by the staff hence why he's asked to leave, as well as his family not settling of course.