PDA

View Full Version : Fair Play to Morton

Ken
24-02-2016, 09:39 PM
If someone was going to beat us, that exactly how they need to play. Attack us and take your chances. They could have easily got a fourth too, although we could have made it a different game if we had of scored 1st.

A set back 2/3 weeks before the quarters and the final might not be a bad thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monts
24-02-2016, 09:42 PM
Morton got their tactics spot on. Right in our faces with a high tempo.

Jonnyboy
24-02-2016, 09:42 PM
No. 16, Bobby Barr was outstanding. Very pacy and can pick a pass.

cabbageandribs1875
24-02-2016, 09:46 PM
lets hope jim Duffy is not friendly with jim Mcintyre..or Yogi, duffy gave stubbsy a bloody nose tonight

Barr(16) and McMullun (33) had a great game, infact..i'm sure number 33 was on steroids, another low for our club tonight, was that Morton's biggest win against us at Fortress Easter Road for 100+ years(or sommit like that)

DaveF
24-02-2016, 09:47 PM
They also fouled well and got away with it. I'm certain Cummings was pushed when he headed wide and Stokes was pushed when going for the rebound off the bar.

Billy Whizz
24-02-2016, 09:50 PM
No complaints, best team won, can't lose 3 goals at home and expect to win

Dom'sFirstTouch
24-02-2016, 09:50 PM
They rode their luck defensively in the first half but attacked us from set pieces and hit us on the break in the second half to perfection. Should have scored a couple more. A textbook example of how to exploit our weaknesses.

villager
24-02-2016, 09:51 PM
Bobby Barr the key to their game plan after getting the first goal. He delivered big time.

eastterrace
24-02-2016, 09:52 PM
They also fouled well and got away with it. I'm certain Cummings was pushed when he headed wide and Stokes was pushed when going for the rebound off the bar. yes both were fouled especially Cummings chance. Also they were fouling all night and giving themselves high fives when they got away with it.

cabbageandribs1875
24-02-2016, 09:53 PM
last time i saw a team so clinical against us at ER was.......inverness caley :agree: the day butcher sat in the main stand after leaving caley during the week leading up to that game

oh aye and as for oxley.... sayin nowt

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-02-2016, 09:53 PM
I thought they were one of the worst sides we've played for the first 30 mins, still can't believe they went 1-0 up-we should have been out of sight by then. They played well second half but I would have fancied anyone against us the way we performed for 45 mins.

eastterrace
24-02-2016, 09:54 PM
lets hope jim Duffy is not friendly with jim Mcintyre..or Yogi, duffy gave stubbsy a bloody nose tonight Barr(16) and McMullun (33) had a great game, infact..i'm sure number 33 was on steroids, another low for our club tonight, was that Morton's biggest win against us at Fortress Easter Road for 100+ years(or sommit like that) number 33 was a cheating wee turd fouling and kidding on he was injured and high fiving his teammates when got away with it

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-02-2016, 09:55 PM
They also fouled well and got away with it. I'm certain Cummings was pushed when he headed wide and Stokes was pushed when going for the rebound off the bar.

Both looked stick on fouls and both would have led to a red card. Ref seemed to miss loads

Pretty Boy
24-02-2016, 09:56 PM
I'll be having nightmare about that reverse cross field ball for weeks.

They played it on the counter about 10 times and we are probably still trying to work out how to deal with it.

cabbageandribs1875
number 33 was a cheating wee turd fouling and kidding on he was injured and high giving his teammates when got away with it

was it him that was stretchered off ? couldn't see over that side :nerd:

givescotlandfreedom
Morton got their tactics spot on. Right in our faces with a high tempo.

yes both were fouled especially Cummings chance. Also they were fouling all night and giving themselves high fives when they got away with it.

Correct. Whilst we were rank they were fortunate to get off with their antics too. There was a foul in the lead up to the second goal by the eventual goal scorer too though that doesn't excuse our ineptitude elsewhere.

Pretty Boy
24-02-2016, 09:58 PM
was it him that was stretchered off ? couldn't see over that side :nerd:

Conor Pepper I think.

Good wee player imo, said it a few years back when he was at ICT.

Calum68
24-02-2016, 09:58 PM
Difficult to be too hard on them after the recent run but I genuinely believe we got what we deserved from the game. Oxley is nothing short of a disaster in my view. I say it week in week out. Doesn't control his box, punches the ball back in front of goals and makes stupid errors. Time to give the young lad a game I think.

Anyway, put it behind us and move on.

Dunbar Hibee
24-02-2016, 10:01 PM
Morton deserved that 100%. They actually missed a couple of great chances in the second half too.

MWHIBBIES
24-02-2016, 10:03 PM
last time i saw a team so clinical against us at ER was.......inverness caley :agree: the day butcher sat in the main stand after leaving caley during the week leading up to that game

oh aye and as for oxley.... sayin nowtWasn't even our worst player so you should be saying nowt. If Cummings could score from 5 yards we'd have been 2-0 up before they got over the half way line. Stokes also far worse.

cabbageandribs1875
24-02-2016, 10:03 PM
Conor Pepper I think.

Good wee player imo, said it a few years back when he was at ICT.

nah pepper was subbed on the hour mark, stretchering off was nearer the end i think it must have been McMullan

Andy74
24-02-2016, 10:12 PM
Fair play indeed but given some of the results in our recent past that we still talk about this is right up there. It was Greenock Morton at home and we've been well beaten in a must win game.

Hibernia&Alba
24-02-2016, 10:16 PM
Yes, they seemed to be that wee bit quicker to everything, which might be a consequence of the amount of games we've played recently. We looked a bit heavy in the legs, despite a couple of changes. Morton deserved their victory.

ehf
24-02-2016, 10:20 PM
nah pepper was subbed on the hour mark, stretchering off was nearer the end i think it must have been McMullan

Pretty sure is was Pepper - their no 15.

Nicho87
24-02-2016, 10:24 PM
There pressing all over the pitch was different class. Would be easy to think it was them chasing down top spot. Not good enough hibs.

Sammy7nil
24-02-2016, 10:25 PM
Difficult to be too hard on them after the recent run but I genuinely believe we got what we deserved from the game. Oxley is nothing short of a disaster in my view. I say it week in week out. Doesn't control his box, punches the ball back in front of goals and makes stupid errors. Time to give the young lad a game I think.

Anyway, put it behind us and move on.

This - not all his fault tonight but he is an accident waiting to happen every week. The only reason he gets away with it is because their are not too many teams pressurise us even hearts failed to get enough shots on target

Nicho87
24-02-2016, 10:32 PM
Oxley is an average joe keeper. He will make mistakes like tonight. Nothing more nothing less. Not a great shot stopper unless straight at him and not good at corners. We can do a lot better

Sammy7nil
24-02-2016, 10:37 PM
Next season.
D Utd
St Midden
Dunfermline
QoS
Falkirk
Morton
Raith

Promotion tbis season is vital

MWHIBBIES
24-02-2016, 10:38 PM
Oxley is an average joe keeper. He will make mistakes like tonight. Nothing more nothing less. Not a great shot stopper unless straight at him and not good at corners. We can do a lot betterJust a straight up lie.

Hibernia&Alba
24-02-2016, 10:39 PM
Just a straight up lie.

Surely an opinion, rather than a matter a fact :greengrin

matty_f
24-02-2016, 10:42 PM
Morton rode their luck loads but in the end were very deserving winners. Pace on the counter attack and organised at the back once they got their act together.

We were minging tonight, Morton took full advantage.

Bayern Bru
24-02-2016, 10:48 PM
Pretty sure is was Pepper - their no 15.

Yes - taken to hospital after being stretchered off

NAE NOOKIE
24-02-2016, 10:57 PM
It was a very good performance by Morton, they chased everything down, scrapped for every ball and attacked with pace throughout the game .... yes they exaggerated injuries and should have lost a couple of goals ..... but they deserved their win.

I would say the Stokes penalty shout was a stick on ... it looked like he would have got a shot in if he hadn't been flattened.

MWHIBBIES
24-02-2016, 11:00 PM
It was a very good performance by Morton, they chased everything down, scrapped for every ball and attacked with pace throughout the game .... yes they exaggerated injuries and should have lost a couple of goals ..... but they deserved their win.

I would say the Stokes penalty shout was a stick on ... it looked like he would have got a shot in if he hadn't been flattened.Keeper was on the ground, would be been a very easy chance for Stokes and should have been a red card.

hfc rd
24-02-2016, 11:19 PM
Everytime they attacked us, I just felt they were going to score. The 3-0 scoreline looks a flattering scoreline to Hibs as unfortunately it could have been more than 3.

Thecat23
24-02-2016, 11:21 PM
Everytime they attacked us, I just felt they were going to score. The 3-0 scoreline looks a flattering scoreline to Hibs as unfortunately it could have been more than 3.

I actually thought the shoreline flattered them. We should have been 3 up at HT

ehf
24-02-2016, 11:26 PM
Yes - taken to hospital after being stretchered off

Sad to hear that; a lot of Hibs fans were boo-ing when he went down and even when he was being stretchered off - not Hibs class.

ehf
24-02-2016, 11:29 PM

True, but after it went to 0-3, they could easily have had another three and we were not going to score in a month of Sundays.

Gerard
24-02-2016, 11:31 PM
Sad to hear that; a lot of Hibs fans were boo-ing when he went down and even when he was being stretchered off - not Hibs class.I agree with your post. The lad was injured. There was no need to boo him. I expect much better from our fans:wink:

SaulGoodman
25-02-2016, 10:22 AM

I thought we looked lost at sea last night.

renato
25-02-2016, 11:35 AM
True, but after it went to 0-3, they could easily have had another three and we were not going to score in a month of Sundays.

To be fair, I think the booing was due to the time the medical team were taking to get off their ***** and get the stretcher onto the pitch. Then it was for the faffing of the officials after the boy was carried off (linesman back and forward up the touch line).

Don't think anyone was booing the prone lad on the ground.

ekhibee
25-02-2016, 12:29 PM
other way round mate, Pepper was definitely the one stretchered off, Mcmullen was subbed later on.

portyhibernian
25-02-2016, 12:48 PM
Morton were more than worthy winners last night, sadly. It was as bad a performance from us as I've seen under Stubbs. Hopefully a boot up the arse going into the final and business end of the season. Promotion is a must this season.