PDA

View Full Version : Farid alagui

ManBearPig
24-02-2016, 09:32 PM
Good to see him back. granted game was over but harried defenders and won couple of headers. Good to have that option again although we are really top heavy.

rcarter1
24-02-2016, 09:33 PM
Good to see him back. granted game was over but harried defenders and won couple of headers. Good to have that option again although we are really top heavy.

Didn't know that he was back in the frame. Really really pleased to see him back. He offers something different, and could be a crucial option for the remainder of the season.

Welcome back Farid!! :thumbsup:

Diclonius
24-02-2016, 09:35 PM
Please stay fit this time Farid. One of the only positives from tonight.

truehibernian
24-02-2016, 09:36 PM
Great to see him back.

Pretty Boy
24-02-2016, 09:38 PM
Looked lively and won a few nice flick ons that weren't capitalised on.

Billy Whizz
24-02-2016, 09:41 PM
Well done big man, enjoyed your contribution

Dom'sFirstTouch
24-02-2016, 09:54 PM
Really really hope he's fit enough to make a contribution in the run in. Too many of our strikers aren't really performing at the moment.

ManBearPig
24-02-2016, 10:05 PM
Really really hope he's fit enough to make a contribution in the run in. Too many of our strikers aren't really performing at the moment.

I think would be great foil for Cummings as works like a Trojan and more than capable of popping up with a goal or two just his injuries that let him down. I would like to see more of him and boyle

Nicho87
24-02-2016, 10:06 PM
Done more than stokes

MWHIBBIES
24-02-2016, 10:07 PM
Our best striker

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2016, 10:07 PM
He did miss an open goal with a header near the end didn't he?

MWHIBBIES
24-02-2016, 10:10 PM
He did miss an open goal with a header near the end didn't he?10 yards out with the keeper in the middle of his goal isn't an ''open goal''. Cummings missed an open goal.

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2016, 10:10 PM
10 yards out with the keeper in the middle of his goal isn't an ''open goal''. Cummings missed an open goal.

No not that one - that was just a weak effort - another one - the ball went right across and he was a yard out and dint get a touch?

Boyle89
24-02-2016, 10:17 PM
If he had been fit last season I'm positive we would've gone up. Offers us something we don't have. He was outstanding before he got injured and in the Derby when he came back he was immense. Really hope he gets fit for the last few games. Can see him hauling us out of this league.

ManBearPig
24-02-2016, 10:19 PM
If he had been fit last season I'm positive we would've gone up. Offers us something we don't have. He was outstanding before he got injured and in the Derby when he came back he was immense. Really hope he gets fit for the last few games. Can see him hauling us out of this league.

We will have him and handling who had started to look like a player again back could prove fruitful

Criswell
24-02-2016, 10:25 PM
I had totally forgotten about him! He came on and made an immediate impact. I think he definitely gives us something different up-front with his aerial presence and touch. Could he be the missing piece in our jigsaw?

Nicho87
24-02-2016, 10:26 PM
Always like el alagui. Rotten luck with injuries. Chance is there for him to partner cummings imo. Nobody else taking theirs. Go on yerself big man

djs69
24-02-2016, 10:46 PM
If he stays fit he could add something different in attack, weird because he hasn't featured for development squad in a while but good to see him back

Hibbyhaz
24-02-2016, 10:59 PM
He will be very useful for us from crosses and corners (which we haven't been great at recently):thumbsup:

Nicho87
24-02-2016, 11:27 PM
Get mcginn on corners for our right. Scored against sevco and his delivery is whipped in

woodythehibee
25-02-2016, 07:03 AM
Looked pretty useful. Had more impact than Stokes/Cummings.

GreenCastle
25-02-2016, 07:52 AM
Great to have him back - a positive from last night.

neil7908
25-02-2016, 07:56 AM
Offers us something else up front. That said (and this isn't Farid's fault) I was disappointed we seemed to run out of ideas and started punting the ball forward once he came on

smithy_hibees
25-02-2016, 08:05 AM
Saw him at the Hibs St Johnstone game in Hibs end, had good chat with him decent lad who likes Hibs as a club and gutted hes been out when we are playing so well :flag:

blackpoolhibs
25-02-2016, 08:08 AM
If he stays fit great, we have been here before though with him, and nothing really has changed with his knee. He gives the team a whole different option, but i'm not getting my hopes up about him.

Bay Area Hibees
25-02-2016, 08:11 AM
great have him back. read a lot of posts on here suggesting he's finished due to knee problem. delighted for us and him if that's not true and that he can be part of the run in.

Alex Trager
25-02-2016, 08:28 AM
Glad he's back.
It's good to see. He won a few headers.

I'd like to see him involved more. And Boyle too. We need pace.

Coco Bryce
25-02-2016, 08:30 AM
Great to see Farid back last night. Hopefully he's ready to hit the ground running as we desperately need him over the next few months.

J-C
25-02-2016, 09:53 AM
great have him back. read a lot of posts on here suggesting he's finished due to knee problem. delighted for us and him if that's not true and that he can be part of the run in.

He does have knee problems, it's just a case of how badly it flares up after playing, ha has no cartilage so it's bone on bone similar to Ledley King, after last night he may be goosed for 3 weeks or he may be fine, all just a flip of the coin.

Diclonius
25-02-2016, 10:19 AM
Might be worth starting him against Dumbarton with Cummings?

scoopyboy
25-02-2016, 11:14 AM
If he stays fit great, we have been here before though with him, and nothing really has changed with his knee. He gives the team a whole different option, but i'm not getting my hopes up about him.

Exactly where I am with him.

smithy_hibees
25-02-2016, 11:24 AM

Dagnall or keatings with him, Jason needs dropped for me...

NAE NOOKIE
25-02-2016, 11:32 AM
It was good to see him back and he certainly made an impact, won a fair few headers and gave the Morton back 4 a few problems .... I would love to see him remain injury free .... he gives it everything when he plays and deserves better luck.

jnr_hibee
25-02-2016, 01:02 PM
Good to see him back for sure. What's not so pleasing to see is our passing game go out the window and us adopt route 1 football just because he is a big lad.

MWHIBBIES
25-02-2016, 01:12 PM
Good to see him back for sure. What's not so pleasing to see is our passing game go out the window and us adopt route 1 football just because he is a big lad.So it was nothing to do with us being 3-0 down then?

25-02-2016, 01:17 PM
If he can keep himself fit then he could have a very big part to play in our run in to the end of the season.

SunshineOnLeith
25-02-2016, 01:26 PM
If he's fit enough/able to play on Dumbarton's pitch, I'd start him at the weekend instead of Stokes. Brilliant to see him back.

dmc1875
25-02-2016, 02:11 PM
Here's hoping (again) he stays fit because there's no doubt he will score goals and be a huge asset offering something different.

brog
25-02-2016, 02:52 PM
We have no physical presence up front. He gives us a real different option. I hope for his & our sakes that this isn't another false dawn.

Lago
25-02-2016, 02:55 PM
Been a long 2 weeks:greengrin

Sir David Gray
25-02-2016, 06:57 PM
Looked good when he came on.

Assuming he's fit enough to play 90 minutes, I would start him on Saturday ahead of Stokes.

Ronniekirk
25-02-2016, 09:34 PM
Looked good when he came on.

Assuming he's fit enough to play 90 minutes, I would start him on Saturday ahead of Stokes.

Can't see him being ready to play 90 minutes !but as he wont be risked on queens plastic pitch no harm in starting him and giving him as long as feels he can play .But on the other hand we need goals and it would be a risk starting him
I

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
25-02-2016, 09:42 PM
Can't see him being ready to play 90 minutes !but as he wont be risked on queens plastic pitch no harm in starting him and giving him as long as feels he can play .But on the other hand we need goals and it would be a risk starting him
I

As far as goals are concerned, based on last night it wouldn't be any more of a risk than playing Stokes.

Ronniekirk
25-02-2016, 09:55 PM
As far as goals are concerned, based on last night it wouldn't be any more of a risk than playing Stokes.

I wasn't at the game trig ,but Stubbs has made it clear he expects stokes to score us goals, so he will need to judge him on that ?if Stubbs thinks he isn't getting the best out him then hope he won't just stick with him and hope it works out
But for all Dagnals graft he never looked like scoring against Alloa IMO Stubbs must be privately worried that with Keatings not scoring his two new strikers have only got two ( stokes ) between them after several games
Some are suggesting Stokes isn't match fit and if that is the case he needs games as well as extra fitness training it's a dimes that Stubbs needs to grapple with and find a solution to .

Sir David Gray
25-02-2016, 10:01 PM
I wasn't at the game trig ,but Stubbs has made it clear he expects stokes to score us goals, so he will need to judge him on that ?if Stubbs thinks he isn't getting the best out him then hope he won't just stick with him and hope it works out
But for all Dagnals graft he never looked like scoring against Alloa IMO Stubbs must be privately worried that with Keatings not scoring his two new strikers have only got two ( stokes ) between them after several games
Some are suggesting Stokes isn't match fit and if that is the case he needs games as well as extra fitness training it's a dimes that Stubbs needs to grapple with and find a solution to .

Trust me, El Alagui did more to trouble the Morton goal in the 15 minutes he had on the pitch than Stokes had done during the previous 75 minutes.

Danderhall Hibs
25-02-2016, 11:00 PM
Trust me, El Alagui did more to trouble the Morton goal in the 15 minutes he had on the pitch than Stokes had done during the previous 75 minutes.

Did he? What did he do again?

ManBearPig
25-02-2016, 11:03 PM
Did he? What did he do again?

He hassled defenders won at least three headers including a flick on in the box and created a good chance with some jnterplay with McGinn. He looked hungry and determined. It may be a body language thing but certainly looked more interested than stokes.

Danderhall Hibs
25-02-2016, 11:04 PM
He hassled defenders won at least three headers including a flick on in the box and created a good chance with some jnterplay with McGinn. He looked hungry and determined. It may be a body language thing but certainly looked more interested than stokes.

Cheers. Wonder what trig meant by threatening the goal then cos none of what you said is doing that.

ManBearPig
25-02-2016, 11:04 PM
I hope stokes is the business and turns it on soon but expectations are high for him and not seen too much. I think he will shine in 'big games' but will have to wait and see

ManBearPig
25-02-2016, 11:06 PM
Cheers. Wonder what trig meant by threatening the goal then cos none of what you said is doing that.

Wouldn't say threatened goal only stokes shot just over and Cummings did that with his sitter.

DTS
25-02-2016, 11:13 PM

He also had a good header at goal from distance hit the target which is one more shot on target than stokes managed

ManBearPig
25-02-2016, 11:18 PM
He also had a good header at goal from distance hit the target which is one more shot on target than stokes managed

There was that as well which even I could've saved but with the exception of odd header from Cummings we've lacked in a striker from a while especially one just back from injury. Anyway back to original point of threat good to see him back and hopefully give us options going forward

Danderhall Hibs
25-02-2016, 11:19 PM

The one from about 12 yards that went straight to the keeper? Or was there another one? The Stokes header that hit the side netting was more threatening than that.

Sounds like I'm criticising the guy - I'm not but the abuse getting chucked at stokes is a nonsense.

DTS
25-02-2016, 11:48 PM
The one from about 12 yards that went straight to the keeper? Or was there another one? The Stokes header that hit the side netting was more threatening than that.

Sounds like I'm criticising the guy - I'm not but the abuse getting chucked at stokes is a nonsense.

Yeah that's true, I agree with the abuse is iver the top, however he does need to start contributing a lot more for me

broondog
26-02-2016, 07:45 AM

Love Farid, top top player and great to see him back. Really hope he is able to get a run in the team this time and stay fit. Probably our best striker overall if he can do that.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-02-2016, 07:57 AM
He is as like to stay fit and score goals as he is to suffer from further problems. That is his bad luck story unfortunately.

Brightside
26-02-2016, 08:05 AM

Not sure about match fit but there was a lack of effort. He certainly wasn't the only one.

jacomo
26-02-2016, 08:23 AM
I hope stokes is the business and turns it on soon but expectations are high for him and not seen too much. I think he will shine in 'big games' but will have to wait and see

Any time Stokes wants to turn it on would be fine by me, but how about sooner rather than later, eh?

Delighted Farid is back, much more than a route 1 option, as others have said without Dom there is no one else who can hold the ball up top.

JimBHibees
26-02-2016, 08:43 AM
Exactly where I am with him.

Completely agree cant depend on him given what we have seen in the last year and a half injury wise however if he can contribute even in a small way that would be great as he provides a totally different option to what we have.

Alex Trager
26-02-2016, 10:19 AM
Good to see him back for sure. What's not so pleasing to see is our passing game go out the window and us adopt route 1 football just because he is a big lad.

I may be a solo act in saying this but I think we rarely play a passing game, in terms of the way moves start.

We pump it high 90% of the time IMO.

And it's a huge waste.

Rarely do we play it out from the back.

It is only when we get the ball back that we start to play but majority of the time the ball is pumped high and long.

And for the life of me I cannot understand why.

eastmainsmsh
26-02-2016, 11:27 AM
Could be perfect foil for Cummings and stokes not sure about dagnall yet

Borderhibbie76
26-02-2016, 11:38 AM
Could be perfect foil for Cummings and stokes not sure about dagnall yet

on evidence of last few weeks id rather go with Dagnall than Stokes mate...been very unconvinced so far and maybe Ronny Deila aint so daft after all???

ancient hibee
26-02-2016, 05:11 PM
on evidence of last few weeks id rather go with Dagnall than Stokes mate...been very unconvinced so far and maybe Ronny Deila aint so daft after all???

Based on what exactly-Dagnall,whole hearted,runs around a lot,couldn't hit a barn door from inside the barn.Stokes not playing as well as he can has still scored two goals including a match winner.

MWHIBBIES
26-02-2016, 05:44 PM
I may be a solo act in saying this but I think we rarely play a passing game, in terms of the way moves start.

We pump it high 90% of the time IMO.

And it's a huge waste.

Rarely do we play it out from the back.

It is only when we get the ball back that we start to play but majority of the time the ball is pumped high and long.

And for the life of me I cannot understand why.We play out from the back plenty, especially when Fyvie is playing.

It also isn't difficult to work out why we kick it long at times, our midfield push high up and win second balls from it which has been very fruitful at times. Rarely do we kick it long and the ball comes right back at us.

Dashing Bob S
26-02-2016, 06:41 PM
Dagnall is Gareth Evans taken out the cryogenic freezer.

Stokes is Gareth Evans left in the cryogenic freezer.

Smartie
26-02-2016, 06:47 PM
Dagnall is Gareth Evans taken out the cryogenic freezer.

Stokes is Gareth Evans left in the cryogenic freezer.

Rowan Vine was the pile of pubic hair and dead skin created after Gareth Evans been left lying, scratching his nuts in a cryogenic freezer for 20 years.

Wheat Hound
26-02-2016, 07:51 PM
Rowan Vine was the pile of pubic hair and dead skin created after Gareth Evans been left lying, scratching his nuts in a cryogenic freezer for 20 years.

Junior Agogo was the lice on that pubic hair

MWHIBBIES
27-02-2016, 02:46 AM
Junior Agogo was the lice on that pubic hairAgogo was a quality player throughout his career and at international level, he was just finished by the time Hibs signed him. No where near as bad as Vine.

TheHarpy76
27-02-2016, 04:38 AM

Do you mind. It's cost me thousands of pounds of therapy to convince me that Rowan Vine never happened.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-02-2016, 05:14 AM
Agogo was a quality player throughout his career and at international level, he was just finished by the time Hibs signed him. No where near as bad as Vine.

Junior Agone-gone

The_Horde
27-02-2016, 07:14 AM
Junior Agone-gone

Junior Astopstop.

Keith_M
27-02-2016, 07:41 AM
Our best striker

Signed 18 months ago and only scored 3 goals.

I think he's been 'a couple of weeks away' from a return to the first team for over a year, so I think we shouldn't get too excited about some messianic second coming. We've been there before with other players

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-02-2016, 08:12 AM
Can't see him playing today as it's an artifical pitch.

The_Horde
27-02-2016, 08:22 AM

No it's not.

Billy Whizz
27-02-2016, 09:26 AM

It's not, but he played at Alloa earlier this season, and has also played recently at least twice on 3G for the development team