PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Stokes

The_Horde
24-02-2016, 09:10 PM
The ability to be our best player, by an absolute country mile. But pal, your attitude was seriously stinking tonight and in previous games too. If you're not willing to roll your sleeves up and do the graft, you can sit in your slippers in your house watching the games from here on in.

Additionally, you are not the only player in this team. You are an addition and you have to work just as hard as the rest of them.

Pull the finger out.

FromTheCapital
24-02-2016, 09:11 PM
He worked harder than Cummings tonight.
Walking straight down tunnel summed up the night for all.
Sheer frustration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dp00
24-02-2016, 09:11 PM
He Thinks he is too good for hibs, his attitude stinks ... Faird done more in the time he was on than stokes

Glory Lurker
24-02-2016, 09:12 PM
Hope he bucks up soon, otherwise it's been a mistake bringing him in

hibee_girl
24-02-2016, 09:12 PM
He's been like this for a few games now, looks knackered after 60 minutes too

The_Horde
24-02-2016, 09:13 PM
He worked harder than Cummings tonight.
Walking straight down tunnel summed up the night for all.
Sheer frustration.

He didn't work harder than him, but they were both very poor. Cummings needs to have a look at himself if he wants a move to a bigger team.

Escapes criticism far too often for costing us points

Just Alf
The ability to be our best player, by an absolute country mile. But pal, your attitude was seriously stinking tonight and in previous games too. If you're not willing to roll your sleeves up and do the graft, you can sit in your slippers in your house watching the games from here on in.

Additionally, you are not the only player in this team. You are an addition and you have to work just as hard as the rest of them.

Pull the finger out.
Harsh..I know where you're coming from.... but it's still a bit harsh

GGTTH!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

djs69
I don't like that he goes straight down the tunnel after getting subbed , didn't stay in pitch after Herts match either

neil7908
24-02-2016, 09:14 PM
Early days for Stokes, we know how good a player he is. The question may be can he and Cummings play together. If not, who do you leave out?

IrnBru22
Stokes and Cummings kept going out wide or dropping really deep to collect the ball. So frustating because when the ball gets played into the box theres noone there

The_Horde
Harsh..I know where you're coming from.... but it's still a bit harsh

GGTTH!

I thought I was being quite nice about it too.

hibee_girl
24-02-2016, 09:15 PM
Early days for Stokes, we know how good a player he is. The question may be can he and Cummings play together. If not, who do you leave out?

You leave Stokes out

I personally think Cummings and Dagnall work better together than Cummings and Stokes

Hibs90
24-02-2016, 09:15 PM
Rather have Malonga on evidence so far.

neil7908
24-02-2016, 09:16 PM
He didn't work harder than him, but they were both very poor. Cummings needs to have a look at himself if he wants a move to a bigger team.

I think that's harsh on Cummings but I agree he needs a lot more work to get a game for a decent team down south. He's capable of magic but needs to improve his decision making big time.

Glory Lurker
Rather have Malonga on evidence so far.

This 200%

Stuarty27
He was unlucky not to score in the first half.

But 2nd half he was poor as was most of the team.

madhatter
He gives us the square root of nothing. Play Dagnall instead.

Appalling attitude which doesn't fit this league. Morton fouled constantly and got away with it but let's be honest we should have given as good as we got but didn't. Stokes should be an example as one of our oldest players but isn't.

Pretty Boy
Stokes was a bit like a weird kid playing with his youngers brothers mates and trying to show off tonight.

Some of the flicks he tried in the 1st half were, to put it bluntly, utter pish.

neil7908
24-02-2016, 09:18 PM
You leave Stokes out

I personally think Cummings and Dagnall work better together than Cummings and Stokes

Dagnall hadn't really convinced me yet either. He works his socks off but from the admittedly small amount of time he's had on the pitch I'm sure if he's going to be a great forward for us

staunchhibby
24-02-2016, 09:19 PM
Was Stokes playing tonight or just making up the numbers

jnr_hibee
24-02-2016, 09:20 PM

Agree mate, Stubbs is trying to play them both when it's just not working. We looked far more dangerous with Dagnall and Jason upfront in the league cup semi.

Thecat23
24-02-2016, 09:20 PM
I don't think he's fully fit. Remember Henderson struggling for large parts when he first came as well. He's been very poor but that has to be one of Cummings worst games ever! Missed a sitter and contributed nothing!

AndyB_70
24-02-2016, 09:21 PM
He chased back more than Cummings. There was once when he was almost the only defenders chasing back.
I don't think it is working for him but we know he can do it. e have seen it in the past. Hopefully it will come. Just wish it would hurry up and get here. :greengrin

Dom'sFirstTouch
24-02-2016, 09:22 PM
He was abysmal tonight, and his performances seem to be getting worse by the week. Very concerning with the huge games we've got coming up.

Coco Bryce
He was shocking tonight. Didn't look the slightest bit interested IMHO. Totally gutted by tonight's result, all that positive work done in the last few weeks completely blown away tonight.

The_Horde
Stokes was a bit like a weird kid playing with his youngers brothers mates and trying to show off tonight.

Some of the flicks he tried in the 1st half were, to put it bluntly, utter pish.

Yep. Win the battles, win the game and then start that pish.

WoreTheGreen
24-02-2016, 09:23 PM
Looks like he does not want be here just ghosting though games avoiding injuries real disappiontment

Hibs90
24-02-2016, 09:23 PM
Agree mate, Stubbs is trying to play them both when it's just not working. We looked far more dangerous with Dagnall and Jason upfront in the league cup semi.

This, Dagnall suits Cummings better. They are trying desperately to get the Stokes/Cummings partnership to work when it just doesn't.

The_Horde
24-02-2016, 09:24 PM
I don't think he's fully fit. Remember Henderson struggling for large parts when he first came as well. He's been very poor but that has to be one of Cummings worst games ever! Missed a sitter and contributed nothing!

Not debating that, they were both poor. But Cummings at least shows he's pissed off, frustrated or whatever. Stokes looked disinterested and beaten.

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2016, 09:25 PM
Ffs.

Edson Arantes
24-02-2016, 09:26 PM

Straws.

Clutching at.

Edson Arantes
24-02-2016, 09:27 PM
Ffs.

Exactly

ancient hibee
24-02-2016, 09:27 PM
Malonga is the only player Cummings has formed a partnership with.For me it has to be Stokes or Cummings,not both.

Onion
24-02-2016, 09:28 PM
Really thought Stokes was going to be the final piece in the jigsaw, but looks a shadow of the guy I thought we were getting. Disappointing.

Hermit Crab
24-02-2016, 09:29 PM

:agree:

Careful, I got hounded a while back for saying the same, at least someone agrees with me. He needs to improve his passing, first touch, awareness and decision making.

Thecat23
24-02-2016, 09:29 PM
Straws.

Clutching at.

Eh??

Andy74
24-02-2016, 09:33 PM
I miss Dom.

tam4hibs
24-02-2016, 09:34 PM

Careful, I got hounded a while back for saying the same, at least someone agrees with me. He needs to improve his passing, first touch, awareness and decision making.

Must agree. Cummings first half chances are more guilty of costing us points tonight than any other player, including oxley. Shouldnt take 5 or 6 chances to score.

Very frustrating and been off for a while.

Hard for alot of folk to hear that criticism of cummings, but If we scored first or in even equalised in the first half I'd have no doubt we would have won.

Libby Hibby
Cummings and Stokes cannot play together...far to similar...either or with Dagnal and stick with the pairing for a few weeks

NadeAteMyLunch!
Utter pish tonight. Should be strolling this league yet he's not even close to doing so. Straight down the tunnel after being subbed sums the attitude up as well sadly

Hermit Crab
24-02-2016, 09:37 PM
Must agree. Cummings first half chances are more guilty of costing us points tonight than any other player, including oxley. Shouldnt take 5 or 6 chances to score.

Very frustrating and been off for a while.

Hard for alot of folk to hear that criticism of cummings, but If we scored first or in even equalised in the first half I'd have no doubt we would have won.

It was just one of those nights. I remember us doing the same to Rangers under calderwood. We won 0-3 during the week and rangers had chance after chance and just couldn't score. A bad night all round and 2 defeats in 28 games isn't all that bad but its very frustrating in the manor we lost tonight. Chance after chance gone a begging. We could have been out of sight by the time Morton went 0-1 up.

GlasgowHibee
24-02-2016, 09:37 PM
I just hope Stokes's poor attitude doesn't start to rub off on JC35.

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2016, 09:38 PM
Is Stokes taking the blame for this?

Got to be honest I'm surprised that the poor attitude shouts have taken so long to surface.

Anyway I'm off to find the official scapegoat thread.

Monts
24-02-2016, 09:40 PM
If farid can stay fit, both Cummings and Stokes would relish playing along side him IMO. He does the dirty work.

Jonnyboy
24-02-2016, 09:42 PM
He chased back more than Cummings. There was once when he was almost the only defenders chasing back.
I don't think it is working for him but we know he can do it. e have seen it in the past. Hopefully it will come. Just wish it would hurry up and get here. :greengrin

After he'd given the ball away cheaply.

Stokesy's on fire
24-02-2016, 09:42 PM
He's not bothered.

He wants back to his IRA chums.

Do one Tony.

Or, try a wee bit.

Stokes is quality.

Hermit Crab
24-02-2016, 09:44 PM
Stokes is quality.

Not tonight he wasn't. Sniff sniff.

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2016, 09:45 PM

Nobody was good tonight but there seems to only be one player being criticised.

dp00
24-02-2016, 09:46 PM
Utter pish tonight. Should be strolling this league yet he's not even close to doing so. Straight down the tunnel after being subbed sums the attitude up as well sadly

His attitude stinks, acts like he is just hear cause he has to been told to

truehibernian
If farid can stay fit, both Cummings and Stokes would relish playing along side him IMO. He does the dirty work.

Absolutely agree - I think our strikers need a focal point striker to play off.

Stokes plays better a bit wider and taking a player on on the inside. Keep JC in that penalty area with Farid just off him doing the hard, physical work - Farid also has good feet.

It would mean a 4-3-3 though - I love that formation but Stubbs doesn't it seems.

Hermit Crab

They were all poor but Oxley really frustrates me. Mistake after mistake. Punished tonight though.

rcarter1
Is Stokes taking the blame for this?

Got to be honest I'm surprised that the poor attitude shouts have taken so long to surface.

Anyway I'm off to find the official scapegoat thread.

To be fair, I just think he's a bit frustrated. Against Hearts he tried hard to impress, but frankly looked average. Playing at the level that he has achieved in the past is no mean feat, and requires confidence. I hope he finds it!

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2016, 09:47 PM
His attitude stinks, acts like he is just hear cause he has to been told to

Pish.

He chose to come here.

YorkshireHibee
Stokes is a quality player but in the last few games I've watched at ER and when we were at Tynie he's looked tired. And I've missed the last 2 games due to illness

Started to wonder about his "attitude" after he took the free kick of Liam Henderson against hearts didn't look right at all.

That said he's not the worst in the squad...

Stokesy's on fire

Players have bad games sometimes

dp00
24-02-2016, 09:48 PM
Pish.

He chose to come here.

He chose to come here because he thought he could just turn up and play with minimum effort...

Danderhall Hibs
They were all poor but Oxley really frustrates me. Mistake after mistake. Punished tonight though.

Saved us a few times as well.

Stokesy's on fire
Stokes is a quality player but in the last few games I've watched at ER and when we were at Tynie he's looked tired. And I've missed the last 2 games due to illness

Started to wonder about his "attitude" after he took the free kick of Liam Henderson against hearts didn't look right at all.

That said he's not the worst in the squad...

His first start for a long long time was at Tynecastle so yes he would have been tired but he played well that day

Danderhall Hibs
He chose to come here because he thought he could just turn up and play with minimum effort...

Aye that's right. Minimum effort and less money.

MWHIBBIES
24-02-2016, 09:49 PM
Him and Jason were very poor but at least Cummings was getting into the right positions. Much more needed from Stokes in the coming weeks.

Hiber-nation
24-02-2016, 09:50 PM

Everybody else was rank but at least they were trying. Stokes looked as if he'd given up after half an hour.

dp00
24-02-2016, 09:51 PM
Aye that's right. Minimum effort and less money.

He will be getting paid by Celtic, so the less money doesn't stand ... He was down the tunnel once the 3rd sub was made on Sunday and straight down the tunnel tonight add to that a performance which was terrible ... Not got the right attitude for me

SMAXXA
24-02-2016, 09:51 PM
Lazy bassa, we have 2 lazy strikers in him and Cummings. Why no dagnall I dint think those 2 offer enough as a pair. Was pish and lazy against hearts and tonight was worse. Big time can head back Al to the m8 for me

Hermit Crab
24-02-2016, 09:54 PM
Saved us a few times as well.

Not tonight?

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2016, 09:55 PM
Not tonight?

Saves made at 0-0

Hermit Crab
24-02-2016, 09:56 PM
Saves made at 0-0

He never came for the ball at the first goal, again. Shocking parry for the 2nd. When will he learn.

ancient hibee
24-02-2016, 09:57 PM
Lazy bassa, we have 2 lazy strikers in him and Cummings. Why no dagnall I dint think those 2 offer enough as a pair. Was pish and lazy against hearts and tonight was worse. Big time can head back Al to the m8 for me

On Sunday Dagnall and Keatings couldn't have hit a coo's backside with a banjo.

MWHIBBIES
24-02-2016, 09:57 PM
On Sunday Dagnall and Keatings couldn't have hit a coo's backside with a banjo.Each got an assist though, more than Stokes done this evening.

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2016, 09:58 PM
He never came for the ball at the first goal, again. Shocking parry for the 2nd. When will he learn.

Aye he made a mistake for the 2nd.

you're right I'll forget the saves he made as well.

Hermit Crab
24-02-2016, 09:58 PM
Each got an assist though, more than Stokes done this evening.

What did cummings do apart from miss an open goal?

Scottie
24-02-2016, 09:59 PM
He showed so far why Sellick want him nowhere near their team at the mo.

Hermit Crab
24-02-2016, 10:00 PM
Aye he made a mistake for the 2nd.

you're right I'll forget the saves he made as well.

What saves are these? Anything in the 6yd box he has to come and claim. He doesn't do it. Give the new keeper a shot. Keepers position seems to be far too safe these days. If he can chop and change the out field players he can change the keeper.

coldingham hibs
24-02-2016, 10:02 PM
Stokes is a billy big b@ws and needs to lose that before he can move on with his career.

He was woeful tonight and has added nothing since his arrival, I'd even suggest we have been a poorer team when he has played.

SMAXXA

Mask yourself this though as a Morton defender who would you rather mark a statue or a player who will not give you a minutes piece. Thier energy allows others opportunities and I don't actually think they have been any worse than the 2 tonight for the last 3 games

Andy74
I know I'm like a dog with a bone on this one but I still can't fathom why we quite happily gave away Dom and why there wasn't that many too bothered. We miss that bit of class and ability to hold the ball and create. It's been a very poor decision to let him leave when we were in three competitions. It doesn't help that most of the other strikers have stopped scoring but that's what you risk when you are happy to let someone go.

Hiber-nation

And there we have a problem. Dagnall looks either miles short of confidence or just not good enough, Keatings has some ability but it seems to have gone, Cummings misses 2 sitters tonight and Stokes needs a rocket up his jacksie.

Come back Dom!!

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2016, 10:03 PM
What saves are these? Anything in the 6yd box he has to come and claim. He doesn't do it. Give the new keeper a shot. Keepers position seems to be far too safe these days. If he can chop and change the out field players he can change the keeper.

The saves he made. I can't help it if you weren't watching.

I'm not convinced by the "if it's in the box he's got to come for it" argument either. Maybe they had agreed the defenders would defend and he'd stay on his line?

In fact I think one of the saves I'm referring to was made because he stayed on his line.

MWHIBBIES
24-02-2016, 10:04 PM
What did cummings do apart from miss an open goal?Nothing, he was pish.

*hit the bar though

Hermit Crab
24-02-2016, 10:04 PM
]Nothing, he was pish.[/B]

*hit the bar though

Ronniekirk
24-02-2016, 10:09 PM
Hope he bucks up soon, otherwise it's been a mistake bringing him in

It was a calculated risk brining him in Stubbs thinks he can get the best out of him again and he may be able to do that yet .
But I really thought he would be scoring most weeks once fit and in the team .
With Dagnal not scoring at all the two new strikers to date haven't improved our scoring tally and with keatings going through a drought
Its a bit of a concern
Has Riordan moving on taken the edge off the strikers performances or is that just coincidence

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Smartie
24-02-2016, 10:13 PM
I know I'm like a dog with a bone on this one but I still can't fathom why we quite happily gave away Dom and why there wasn't that many too bothered. We miss that bit of class and ability to hold the ball and create. It's been a very poor decision to let him leave when we were in three competitions. It doesn't help that most of the other strikers have stopped scoring but that's what you risk when you are happy to let someone go.

I'm with you 100% on this.

Remember Hibs pre-Malonga?

It was a bit like Hibs post-Malonga.

We were always a better team with him in it.

Stubbs is really going to need to earn his corn now and work on getting a cohesive strikeforce in place because for all he was ace, Malonga is gone, not coming back and we're going to have to deal with it.

Stubbs had no answers tonight, we got worse once Keatings came on too, created f-all.

I reckon the answer is a lot closer to the team on Sunday than tonight, genuine pace and width with a few of our "stars" on the bench and in the stand.

proud_and_green

This is exactly the thought I had about him tonight. Seemed to be showboating a bit, where he should have kept it simple, clean and easy - but I have thought for a while now that we (and not just stokes) overcook our play too often. In and around the box we seem to hold on to the ball for half a yard too much instead of having a dig, pass wide when a more direct approach might be the better option, try to get perfection where instinct is probably the best way....

Dunno, is it a confidence question - too much, too little...? Is there too much going on, two cups plus the big promotion question...?

ManBearPig
The saves he made. I can't help it if you weren't watching.

I'm not convinced by the "if it's in the box he's got to come for it" argument either. Maybe they had agreed the defenders would defend and he'd stay on his line?

In fact I think one of the saves I'm referring to was made because he stayed on his line.

He made two very good saves low down drive in the first half and diving to his left after the first goal. and the reason he was struggling to come for the ball was it was an excellent corner dipping into the gap in 6yard box and he had 4if their players blocking him. Not running in like our corners but literally in 6yard box hustling before kick was even taken. Again with blame he keeper pish fact of the matter there is no one player that is to blame for tonight. Poor perfomance and I felt poor refereeing led to a poor result. Rest assured the team will come back from this

I

Nicho87
24-02-2016, 10:16 PM
about as predictable as cummings cutting in on his left foot time after time after time.

silverhibee
24-02-2016, 10:19 PM
I miss Dom.

I agree Andy. Gave us something different.

And was a good technical player.

Glorious St Pat
24-02-2016, 10:20 PM
He's not bothered.

He wants back to his IRA chums.

Do one Tony.

Or, try a wee bit.

No need for the above abuse. He like many tonight had an off night.

churchie16
24-02-2016, 10:23 PM
Wasn't any worse than anyone else tonight everyone had a poor night tonight. Get it out the system and get back on track starting Saturday and winning games going in to these playoffs!

silverhibee
24-02-2016, 10:27 PM

Correct again Andy, he has been a miss since he left us.

MWHIBBIES
24-02-2016, 10:31 PM
I know I'm like a dog with a bone on this one but I still can't fathom why we quite happily gave away Dom and why there wasn't that many too bothered. We miss that bit of class and ability to hold the ball and create. It's been a very poor decision to let him leave when we were in three competitions. It doesn't help that most of the other strikers have stopped scoring but that's what you risk when you are happy to let someone go.Spot on, class player who I loved to watch. We've missed him and it might cost us big time.

silverhibee
24-02-2016, 10:36 PM
Spot on, class player who I loved to watch. We've missed him and it might cost us big time.

My thoughts as well.

John Plunkett
24-02-2016, 10:36 PM
Stokes looked like he was playing in a testimonial match tonight. Very poor effort/performance.

Hermit Crab
24-02-2016, 10:40 PM
Stokes looked like he was playing in a testimonial match tonight. Very poor effort/performance.

Just Stokes?

Cameron1875
25-02-2016, 12:32 AM
Dreadful in both derbies and tonight. Happy to be proved wrong but he looks totally disinterested in football. Plenty time after football for bevvy and girls so hopefully he sorts himself out or his career is in trouble.

A couple year ago he was skinning players in champions league qualifiers so he should be gliding past part time diddies like Morton.

dp00
25-02-2016, 06:48 AM
Correct again Andy, he has been a miss since he left us.

It been quoted time and time again tho hibs didn't want to to let malonga leave however his wife with there young child were struggling to settle on Edinburgh. Therefor we done the right thing for the player

On paper stokes should be the best player in this team however he think he is billy big baws and doesn't have to try. Not sure it's an attitude which fits with the club just now

Coco Bryce
25-02-2016, 06:56 AM
Let's face it we all knew Stokes had an attitude problem when he came, every manager that has had him states this. Even Yogi who tried to get him before we got him said so, but offered some guidance to help the lad on the straight on narrow.

Nothing to do with tonight's performance but I think his career will go down the road of Deek's and can't imagine Stokes will ever play football again at a high level.

FraserHFC
25-02-2016, 06:57 AM
It been quoted time and time again tho hibs didn't want to to let malonga leave however his wife with there young child were struggling to settle on Edinburgh. Therefor we done the right thing for the player

On paper stokes should be the best player in this team however he think he is billy big baws and doesn't have to try. Not sure it's an attitude which fits with the club just now

Dont mean to pick on you in particular but the last paragraph is total pish.

Stokes has been working as hard as cummings its just not been happening as yet. Other than the header at tynecastle cummings has been rank for longer than stokes has been bere. He also has missed a few sitters proving very costly.

Stokes was at one point tonight in covering CH position, then burst a gut to get up an support the attack. Folk slating him for going down tunnell he re-emerged no long after.

Last night Oxley, thommo and in particular Gray were all a lot worse.

Keep the faith

neil7908
25-02-2016, 07:06 AM
I think Stokes may just be lacking some sharpness. Before he joined us was his last game for Celtic not in November or something? He's barely played this season so maybe we are being a tad unfair to expect him to come straight in. As other posters have noted he did as much running (or maybe more) than Cummings who hasn't been brilliantly recently either

Smartie
25-02-2016, 07:10 AM
Dont mean to pick on you in particular but the last paragraph is total pish.

Stokes has been working as hard as cummings its just not been happening as yet. Other than the header at tynecastle cummings has been rank for longer than stokes has been bere. He also has missed a few sitters proving very costly.

Stokes was at one point tonight in covering CH position, then burst a gut to get up an support the attack. Folk slating him for going down tunnell he re-emerged no long after.

Last night Oxley, thommo and in particular Gray were all a lot worse.

Keep the faith

I thought Stokes was very poor last night, not defending him.

But he's a goalscorer and I don't remember us creating even a half-chance for him. You could say that at least Cummings was getting into positions but he missed the chances that came his way.

Had Stokes been the focal point in a forward line like we saw on Sunday, with pace and trickery out wide then we might have seen a very different end result.

Unfortunately Stokes, Cummings, Keatings and Dagnall all look out of sorts at the moment, I hope Stubbs realises this. There won't be a club in world football who can carry 4 misfiring strikers.

Tbh if fingers are to be pointed then I think they need to be pointed at Stubbs now. He's been backed with more than adequate resources. We shouldn't be struggling for goals and dropping this far off the pace.

The cup performances are papering over a good few cracks - this season should be all about the league and we've been (generally) substandard in the league for a few months now.

J-C
25-02-2016, 07:18 AM
Cummings and Stokes are too similar and that's why the partnership won't work, Cummings and Keatings didn't work either for the same reason, we need someone like Farid or Malonga but one has gone and the other has been on the field I think twice as a sub.

Andy74
25-02-2016, 07:33 AM

We all get that he wanted to go. We took a gamble that we could accommodate that. To date that hasn't worked and we have made a decision that might have benefitted the player but has helped in us probably not winning the league.

We might not have done so with him either but it was a gamble to remove having that option.

Borderhibbie76
25-02-2016, 07:36 AM
Starting to look like a mistake bringing Stokes back I've not been impressed one bit so far and his attitude stank last night. Cummings also needs to look at himself...missed 2 sitters and barely touched the ball afterwards. Both let us down badly last night

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

flash
25-02-2016, 08:06 AM
A lot of mind readers on here seem to know what his attitude is.
Or alternatively we have somebody new to blame.

Thecat23
25-02-2016, 08:07 AM

Exactly.

Coco Bryce
25-02-2016, 08:23 AM

https://twitter.com/odea_darren/status/646801945961857025

flash
25-02-2016, 08:24 AM
https://twitter.com/odea_darren/status/646801945961857025

Not sure what you are trying to say?

Coco Bryce
25-02-2016, 08:26 AM
Not sure what you are trying to say?

His 'attitude' has been very well documented over the years by ex managers, press and fans.

Or are all them mind readers also.

NorthNorfolkHFC
25-02-2016, 08:30 AM
His new hair looks smart though and he has a new bird as well, just chill folks.

The_Exile
25-02-2016, 08:41 AM
Just a bad night all round and can't see why we're singling out one particular player, and one player at that who had nothing much created for him all night?

Personally, after the start we had this season and coupled with how consistent Rangers have been I had thought the playoffs would be the most likely outcome for us and it's looking to be panning out that way, as long as we finish strong I'll be happy and confident heading into them. Remember we're still competing on 3 fronts and squad rotation is essential, it usually does disrupt a winning team as a winning team usually want to just keep playing together but it's not always possible due to the amount of game time and niggles/injuries/suspensions/fatigue that creep in, I'm still fairly relaxed about the rest of the season, no doubt we'll drop a few more points as will Rangers but I feel 2nd is where we'll end up and we'll hopefully be in great form heading into the playoffs.

Jones28
25-02-2016, 08:46 AM

Yes while this is true, it wasn't only Cummings or a lack of goals that cost us the game tonight

Stevie Reid
25-02-2016, 08:48 AM
Stokes didn't have a good game by any stretch of the imagination, but I certainly wouldn't say he didn't work hard. At one point in the first half Morton had a break on, and Stokes tracked back so far he was actually furthest man back before McGregor intervened.

Last night was a very bad day at the office, a freak result that can happen sometimes. Every single player was poor, no point singling any out IMO.

Super_JMcGinn
25-02-2016, 08:50 AM
Just a bad night all round and can't see why we're singling out one particular player, and one player at that who had nothing much created for him all night?

Personally, after the start we had this season and coupled with how consistent Rangers have been I had thought the playoffs would be the most likely outcome for us and it's looking to be panning out that way, as long as we finish strong I'll be happy and confident heading into them. Remember we're still competing on 3 fronts and squad rotation is essential, it usually does disrupt a winning team as a winning team usually want to just keep playing together but it's not always possible due to the amount of game time and niggles/injuries/suspensions/fatigue that creep in, I'm still fairly relaxed about the rest of the season, no doubt we'll drop a few more points as will Rangers but I feel 2nd is where we'll end up and we'll hopefully be in great form heading into the playoffs.

Pretty much sums it up for me, to single out Stokes is crazy, had he got the 2 headers Jason had I would have backed him to score. He received similar criticism when he first came to ER and went on to score a barrow load for us, hopefully history repeats itself.
We have to get a consistency in team selection with some massive games coming up, this squad rotation is not working.

Evergreen86
25-02-2016, 11:29 AM
From where I was sitting Stokes was talking to Cummings/players around him all through the game. Helping with positioning etc..... Just didn't pay off in the end. Didn't look like someone who wasn't interested...... some folk on this nee to give their heed a wobble

Danderhall Hibs
25-02-2016, 11:32 AM
From where I was sitting Stokes was talking to Cummings/players around him all through the game. Helping with positioning etc..... Just didn't pay off in the end. Didn't look like someone who wasn't interested...... some folk on this nee to give their heed a wobble

:agree: they've been waiting to pounce.

Super_JMcGinn
25-02-2016, 11:55 AM
I saw that too, anyone accusing any of the players of not looking interested or trying is way off the mark. We're all hurting from that result but no one can fault their effort.

KeithTheHibby
25-02-2016, 12:49 PM
I am hoping that Stokes is still getting match fit rather than any attitude issues.

Cummings attitude last night was annoying, spent so much time mouthing off to the officials rather than getting on with the game.

The_Horde
25-02-2016, 01:46 PM
:agree: they've been waiting to pounce.

Waiting to pounce?

I was hoping he'd be the missing puzzle piece, the one who would tear teams open with his movement and skill.

Thus far, his 2 goals aside, all he's done is try flicks and tricks. That haven't come off.

Edson Arantes
26-02-2016, 12:13 PM
Stokes is quality.

He maybe was but, since his return he has not been.

George Street beckons though.

Hence the return I reckon.

bigwheel
26-02-2016, 12:38 PM

are you actually suggesting that the main reason for joining us is to party in George Street? What a disrespectful post...

i recall , not that many months ago, when you made your first posts..they were refreshing and about football, and were well received ...your posts now seem to be much more about your ego... what a shame ...

Smartie
26-02-2016, 12:47 PM
are you actually suggesting that the main reason for joining us is to party in George Street? What a disrespectful post...

i recall , not that many months ago, when you made your first posts..they were refreshing and about football, and were well received ...your posts now seem to be much more about your ego... what a shame ...

When he joined us we all thought the purpose of it - from his point of view - was to score a bucketload of goals, win us the league, get one right up The Rangers (who he hates), make Deila look stupid for letting him go, force his was back in Celtic or get a move to another big club and force an outside chance of going to the European Championships to play for the Republic of Ireland.

He's had half a dozen or so games and it just isn't happening for him.

It's maybe a bit cheeky to suggest George Street is the reason but not entirely unreasonable. What did he do here before, what did he like about his first spell that might have made him want to come back here? He scored a bucketload of goals but he did enjoy himself off the park and was the subject of a ton of rumours about what he may or may not have been getting up to.

When you see a player of his undoubted quality failing to make an impact against Livingston and Morton you ask questions why.

bigwheel
26-02-2016, 12:53 PM
When he joined us we all thought the purpose of it - from his point of view - was to score a bucketload of goals, win us the league, get one right up The Rangers (who he hates), make Deila look stupid for letting him go, force his was back in Celtic or get a move to another big club and force an outside chance of going to the European Championships to play for the Republic of Ireland.

He's had half a dozen or so games and it just isn't happening for him.

It's maybe a bit cheeky to suggest George Street is the reason but not entirely unreasonable. What did he do here before, what did he like about his first spell that might have made him want to come back here? He scored a bucketload of goals but he did enjoy himself off the park and was the subject of a ton of rumours about what he may or may not have been getting up to.

When you see a player of his undoubted quality failing to make an impact against Livingston and Morton you ask questions why.

it's precisely this logic from fans that I dislike....a player isn't setting the heather a light, so he must not really care and just want to party...what a lot of bollocks. Disrespectful to the player..he scored in his first two games...are you forgetting those? I'm sure he'll know more than us he hasn't hit the right standard yet...but to suggest it is due to the fact he is really here to party is frankly absurd.

Smartie
26-02-2016, 02:09 PM
it's precisely this logic from fans that I dislike....a player isn't setting the heather a light, so he must not really care and just want to party...what a lot of bollocks. Disrespectful to the player..he scored in his first two games...are you forgetting those? I'm sure he'll know more than us he hasn't hit the right standard yet...but to suggest it is due to the fact he is really here to party is frankly absurd.

Whoa - steady!

It is a fact that cannot be argued that it hasn't really worked out as well as we'd hoped for Stokes (and it is early days - he may yet score the goals that fire us to promotion and a couple of trophies).

My opinion on why that hasn't hit the heights yet - we (well, Stubbs) haven't found the right formation and the right combination of players to play to his strengths. His attitude is fine, he gets on fine with the other players but we just haven't clicked when he's been in the team. If he'd been playing on Sunday instead of Dagnall he would imo have got a few goals. He's a poacher, a goalscorer and he needs to have chances created for him. Width, pace and creativity is what is needed (exactly like we got from Carmichael and Boyle), not a f*****g diamond with fullbacks, another poacher as a strike partner and fullbacks struggling to get forward and make an impact in the final third.

Other folk might see it differently. Managers in the past have questioned Stokes attitude - did we not practically bundle him out of ER the last time without taking anything like enough time to sort out a remotely suitable replacement? If someone wants to raise the question of his attitude then that is their right, especially when you're talking about a guy who is no stranger to dubious publicity.

jacomo
26-02-2016, 08:01 PM
Us and Falkirk played Stokes as the poacher, but I do think Celtc made him a more rounded player, able to play wide as well as up top.

Frankly, if he's not getting the ball, and he's partnered with JC, I'd expect him to go find it and make things happen. He should be a step ahead of most players in this league.

I think the big problem is he's not match fit or match sharp. This was the big risk - swapping Dom for a guy who's barely kicked a ball this season before coming back here.

I really hope it clicks soon, but all my initial scepticism is being justified at the moment.

Edson Arantes
26-02-2016, 09:32 PM

Disrespectful is "Tony" signing again for us albeit short term, putting in some lazy performances and then, shock, hitting the boozers with Hibs money.

What a shame.

"Well received" by the way, does not constitute being branded a 'Yam' after post number eh... 167 I think.

You think Stokesy put in a shift against Morton?

I dont.

Sorry though.

:flag::flag:

FromTheCapital
26-02-2016, 10:03 PM
It's funny that folk on here defended Malonga and yet berate Stokes at every opportunity. They're very similar, albeit Stokes is better.

Pete
26-02-2016, 10:21 PM
Us and Falkirk played Stokes as the poacher, but I do think Celtc made him a more rounded player, able to play wide as well as up top.

Frankly, if he's not getting the ball, and he's partnered with JC, I'd expect him to go find it and make things happen. He should be a step ahead of most players in this league.

I think the big problem is he's not match fit or match sharp. This was the big risk - swapping Dom for a guy who's barely kicked a ball this season before coming back here.

I really hope it clicks soon, but all my initial scepticism is being justified at the moment.

Good point about him being a slightly different player to the one we had previously. One thing I really like about him is his link up play and lay offs that have the potential to carve open defences. You can see the quality.
His finishing has been poor since he came back but I think all he needs to do is smash one into the top corner to get the feel back.
It's nothing to do with lack of effort as some suggest, it's more to do with match sharpness and people expecting this John Robertson style poacher to reappear when he clearly isn't that type of player any more.

MWHIBBIES
26-02-2016, 10:51 PM
It's funny that folk on here defended Malonga and yet berate Stokes at every opportunity. They're very similar, albeit Stokes is better.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHe hasn't been better so far.

The_Horde
27-02-2016, 07:12 AM
He hasn't been better so far.

Yep, by this time Malonga has his own song.

JimBHibees
27-02-2016, 07:40 AM
Dreadful in both derbies and tonight. Happy to be proved wrong but he looks totally disinterested in football. Plenty time after football for bevvy and girls so hopefully he sorts himself out or his career is in trouble.

A couple year ago he was skinning players in champions league qualifiers so he should be gliding past part time diddies like Morton.

Nonsense he was very good in the last one especially first half when involved in all our best moves.

Ronniekirk
27-02-2016, 08:18 AM

We haven't seen the best of him yet ,that's for sure Some posters on here said before he signed they didn't think it was a good move and worried he may destabilise the squad morale .
Still think it's too early to be saying it's not worked out for us and the Morton game, as unpalatable a performance as it was can't have been down to his influence alone ,it was a collective failure and a set of circumstances including Stubbs deciding to make another seven changes from the game before ,not going ahead ,chasing the game losing shape and discipline .
But he will come good and score important goals IMO
But with Farid making an appearance the big problem is Stubbs has tried different combinations and we still don't appear to have a natural front partnership that can work together .
With Boyle and Carmichael staking claims for places against Alloa he has even more options now So team selection is going to be a factor going forward .

The cups provide the bigger crowds ,and the one off excitement of taking a scalp from the league above us ,but it's the bread and butter games in front of the die hards that are then sometimes more difficult for players to motivate themselves .

Alex Trager
27-02-2016, 09:36 AM

You think Cummings is lazy?
Watching a different player from
Me. He drops deep all the time to help make the play

eastmainsmsh
27-02-2016, 10:04 AM
He looked so unfit in the 2-2 draw concerning great player when on song tho

emerald green
27-02-2016, 12:02 PM

I'm not so sure Hibs were "happy" to let him go? He wanted to go for family reasons. Or is that not the case? Happy to have this clarified.

Heisenberg
27-02-2016, 12:07 PM
Hibs wanted to keep Malonga. He was determined to leave for his family.

tamig
27-02-2016, 12:08 PM

I don't think they're similar in the slightest. I'd much rather we'd kept Dom. And I'm not saying that with the benefit of hindsight. A totally different option and a real game changer.

Andy74
27-02-2016, 12:16 PM
Hibs wanted to keep Malonga. He was determined to leave for his family.

Although he said he agonised over it and wasn't sure until the night before. I don't think that gives the impression of a guy who was so desperate to go he would have stopped playing.

Hibs had him under contract and the decision should have been a football one. They gambled that they had better players signed. That hasn't worked.

Allan was desperate to go to Rangers. We said no to that one.

emerald green
27-02-2016, 12:22 PM
Although he said he agonised over it and wasn't sure until the night before. I don't think that gives the impression of a guy who was so desperate to go he would have stopped playing.

Hibs had him under contract and the decision should have been a football one. They gambled that they had better players signed. That hasn't worked.

Allan was desperate to go to Rangers. We said no to that one.

The Allan and Malonga situations are not comparable. Malonga was not wanting to join our closest rivals for promotion out of the Championship. Hibs were 100% correct in their stance regarding Allan.

GordonHFC
27-02-2016, 01:00 PM
Not in the picture today !

Keith_M
27-02-2016, 01:08 PM
Stokes missing from today's squad.

Must have borrowed money from the younger team members and gone on the Bevvy.

Probably drowned some kittens as well.......

:greengrin

Andy74
27-02-2016, 01:13 PM
The Allan and Malonga situations are not comparable. Malonga was not wanting to join our closest rivals for promotion out of the Championship. Hibs were 100% correct in their stance regarding Allan.

In that sense they aren't comparable but people are suggesting we just had to do what the player wants. You don't.

matty_f
27-02-2016, 01:19 PM
In that sense they aren't comparable but people are suggesting we just had to do what the player wants. You don't.

Malonga wasn't even in the starting 11 consistently, and so I don't think your point that it was a big mistake to let him go actually has much credibility.

I loved Dom, and was sad to see him go - but I would say that his impact was limited this season.

jacomo
27-02-2016, 01:25 PM

Dom only had 6 months remaining on his contract and a chance at winning something at Hibs (isn't that what all players say they want when they 'look back on their career'?). I get that he wanted to move back to his family but I feel we could have worked harder to keep him. Even more public praise for him in the media might have helped. I can't recall any of that from Stubbs.

Being fair, there's still time for the situation to turn in our favour, but so far it has not.

bigwheel
27-02-2016, 01:26 PM

Dom only had 6 months remaining on his contract and a chance at winning something at Hibs (isn't that what all players say they want when they 'look back on their career). I get that he wanted to move back to his family but I feel we could have worked harder to keep him. Even more public praise for him in the media might have helped. I can't recall any of that from Stubbs.

Being fair, there's still time for the situation to turn in our favour, but so far it has not.

I'm sure his two year deal in italy was a much bigger draw than winning something....

Andy74
27-02-2016, 01:27 PM
Malonga wasn't even in the starting 11 consistently, and so I don't think your point that it was a big mistake to let him go actually has much credibility.

I loved Dom, and was sad to see him go - but I would say that his impact was limited this season.

We need a squad though don't we?

He had also popped up with some important goals when he played or came on.

Not starting him as often I would also consider to be a mistake. We played better with him in the team.

Would he be in with a shout of partnering Cummings right now? Of course he would.

Were you confident looking at the bench during the week for Dagnall and Keatings to get a goal? I think they have gone a combined 20 games or something without a goal.

chrisski33
27-02-2016, 01:27 PM

Dom only had 6 months remaining on his contract and a chance at winning something at Hibs (isn't that what all players say they want when they 'look back on their career'?). I get that he wanted to move back to his family but I feel we could have worked harder to keep him. Even more public praise for him in the media might have helped. I can't recall any of that from Stubbs.

Didnt stubbs acknowledge that they couldnt stop dom as he wanted to be with his family and wife and an opportunity arose to do that? I certainly would put family before a job.

Andy74
27-02-2016, 01:29 PM
Didnt stubbs acknowledge that they couldnt stop dom as he wanted to be with his family and wife and an opportunity arose to do that? I certainly would put family before a job.

They could. He had a contract.

As I said I think we were very confident that we had better players up front. That hasn't proven to be right so far.

I'm hoping today our strikers all score though regardless of this thread!

bigwheel
27-02-2016, 01:32 PM

As I said I think we were very confident that we had better players up front. That hasn't proven to be right so far.

Stubbs let him move on, as was his request , we need to get over it...He seems to be getting glowingly better in people's memories the longer he is away. On his day he could be breathtaking, other days "meh".... was it 4 goals this season for Dom? Stokes already has 2 and has hardly kicked a ball..

hfc rd
27-02-2016, 01:36 PM

I'm sure Stubbs has mentioned in the past that he wouldn't stand in a players way if they wanted to leave. Dom probably wanted to go as his wife was Italian and probably wanted to move back home. Secondary wouldn't have been promised that much game time that he would have wanted/hoped for after signing Stokes & Dagnall in January.

Mikey09
27-02-2016, 01:58 PM
Some of the comments I've heard since our defeat against Morton have been mind blowing!! Course it was a bad performance but has it warranted the slating of CERTAIN players? No. Seems that you're better thought of if you leave. Stokes getting it with both barrels for a terrible performance mid-week... McGinn was poor yet he's the golden boy, couldn't tear a strip off him eh?! It's laughable. Some just couldnt wait to rip into Stokes. Aye his performances could have been better but the comments are way over the top.

CRAZYHIBBY
27-02-2016, 02:12 PM
Stokes will be in the squad next week. ....not well today

Edson Arantes
27-02-2016, 02:17 PM

Well, if that's the case and we win well today I for one hope he doesn't swan right back into the team.

:tsk tsk:

Beefster
27-02-2016, 02:44 PM

If that's the case, the twat on Forth 1 needs a rocket up his arse for ****-stirring.

Ronniekirk
27-02-2016, 06:45 PM
Stokes missing from today's squad.

Must have borrowed money from the younger team members and gone on the Bevvy.

Probably drowned some kittens as well.......

:greengrin

I have no idea what's behind stokes omission today and no doubt this will start rumours circulating .
But unless he has been supplying the entire defence with L S D. Even he can't be blamed for them shipping six goals in two games .

thebausburst
27-02-2016, 08:30 PM
I thought Stokes worked his $%se off against Hearts in the replay. He is a top quality player anyone who disagrees doesn't know much about football. He will be VITAL in our big cup games and play-offs - watch this space! :flag:

The Harp Awakes
27-02-2016, 08:38 PM
I thought Stokes worked his $%se off against Hearts in the replay. He is a top quality player anyone who disagrees doesn't know much about football. He will be VITAL in our big cup games and play-offs - watch this space! :flag:

Couldn't agree more. In the Hearts win at Easter Road there were 2 pieces of brilliance from Stokes that should have led to goals. He worked his arse off the whole game as well. My impression is that there's a section of the Hibs support that can't wait to have a go at him. The abuse shouted at him from guys around me at the Morton game was pathetic. The whole team were p1sh that night but they singled out Stokes for abuse.

shetlandhibee
27-02-2016, 08:46 PM
:top marks
Couldn't agree more. In the Hearts win at Easter Road there were 2 pieces of brilliance from Stokes that should have led to goals. He worked his arse off the whole game as well. My impression is that there's a section of the Hibs support that can't wait to have a go at him. The abuse shouted at him from guys around me at the Morton game was pathetic. The whole team were p1sh that night but they singled out Stokes for abuse.

midfield_maestro
27-02-2016, 09:13 PM
Couldn't agree more. In the Hearts win at Easter Road there were 2 pieces of brilliance from Stokes that should have led to goals. He worked his arse off the whole game as well.

Yep, spot on. For me the surprising thing about Stokes has been the extent he has been willing to work to set up great chances for Cummings. He is probably doing exactly what Stubbs wants him to do.

Leith Mo
27-02-2016, 11:04 PM
The man scores goals and he's as frustrated as all of us about not doing it. Ireland's loss in the rugby today will not make him feel in any way better but I hope he'll bounce back. Big game player and that might be the issue? Not sure but glad he's here as will show

Super_JMcGinn
28-02-2016, 06:12 AM
I had an old guy in a cap in front of me at the Morton game, wasn't a regular and must have been given a season ticket. I hope I don't see him again as he shouted nothing but abuse the minute we went a goal down, and strangely enough most of it at Stokes :confused:, he wasn't the only one mind you. We really do have a distasteful element amongst our support at times.

BSEJVT
28-02-2016, 11:13 AM
I had an old guy in a cap in front of me at the Morton game, wasn't a regular and must have been given a season ticket. I hope I don't see him again as he shouted nothing but abuse the minute we went a goal down, and strangely enough most of it at Stokes :confused:, he wasn't the only one mind you. We really do have a distasteful element amongst our support at times.

Absolutely correct

Some would say worse than those that come onto internet forums and criticise players.

Personally I cant make up my mind.

Super_JMcGinn
28-02-2016, 11:22 AM
Absolutely correct

Some would say worse than those that come onto internet forums and criticise players.

Personally I cant make up my mind.

I have never criticsed any Hibernian player at any match, no matter how much of a howler I might think they are having. The only time my voice is raised at any match is in encouragement.
An internet forum is the place to criticise any player if you feel the need, which thankfully I do a lot less than most.

Hermit Crab
28-02-2016, 11:26 AM
I have never criticsed any Hibernian player at any match, no matter how much of a howler I might think they are having. The only time my voice is raised at any match is in encouragement.
An internet forum is the place to criticise any player if you feel the need, which thankfully I do a lot less than most.

No, fans pay their hard earned cash, which in turn pays the wages of these players and if they are not performing as they should be the fans have every right to criticise the players. They still collect their £1500-£2000 a week if they play pish or not. If most of us underperformed at work we'd be up on a disciplinary charge or a corrective action plan or such like. Footballers are not exempt from the critics.

Onion
28-02-2016, 11:28 AM
The man scores goals and he's as frustrated as all of us about not doing it. Ireland's loss in the rugby today will not make him feel in any way better but I hope he'll bounce back. Big game player and that might be the issue? Not sure but glad he's here as will show

You'll all have to bow down to the guy when he bags the winner at hampden in 2 weeks time. Whether he's playing well or not, Stokes is a quality player and genuine threat to Ross County and a potential cup winner for us.

Super_JMcGinn
28-02-2016, 11:29 AM
[/B]

No, fans pay their hard earned cash, which in turn pays the wages of these players and if they are not performing as they should be the fans have every right to criticise the players. They still collect their £1500-£2000 a week if they play pish or not. If most of us underperformed at work we'd be up on a disciplinary charge or a corrective action plan or such like. Footballers are not exempt from the critics.

If you think criticising a player during the match is more constructive than shouting encouragement then we will have to agree to disagree. Personally if it were me I would respond to encouragement rather than abuse.

Hermit Crab
28-02-2016, 11:31 AM
If you think criticising a player during the match is more constructive than shouting encouragement then we will have to agree to disagree. Personally if it were me I would respond to encouragement rather than abuse.

They responded to neither yesterday, almost as if they'd given up. Fatigue may have played a part though.

Beefster
28-02-2016, 11:41 AM
If most of us underperformed at work we'd be up on a disciplinary charge or a corrective action plan or such like. Footballers are not exempt from the critics.

That's a fatuous argument IMHO. You can't compared a sportsperson's performance to someone in a 'normal' job. Aside from anything, capability is there to manage long-term piss-poor performance so it's not really comparable with some trumpet deciding to give a player dogs abuse because he's not playing well that day.

Eyrie
28-02-2016, 11:50 AM
[/B]

So you'd be comfortable with your boss or customers yelling abuse at you for underperforming, even when you're trying your best?

Personally I'd rather have some encouragement or sympathy at that point, followed by a chat with my boss later about where I'd gone wrong and how I could fix it.

liamh2202
28-02-2016, 12:09 PM
They responded to neither yesterday, almost as if they'd given up. Fatigue may have played a part though.

I dont agree. After hendos goal and a bit of a lift from the crowd i thought we kicked on and were unfortunate not to get at least a draw