PDA

View Full Version : Full strength on Saturday

Diclonius
24-02-2016, 09:03 PM
Hanlon in for Fontaine, Bartley in for Thomson, and I would put in Darnall/Boyle/Keatings for Stokes. Tonight was a failed experiment in team rotation and we need to get back into winning ways immediately.

neil7908
24-02-2016, 09:09 PM
Thing is we had a much stronger team out than against Alloa. I honestly just think it was one of those games tonight, although Hanlon may have helped at the back. Would like to see Boyle get more game time. Keatings hasn't impressed me much and although it's still early days would say the same about Dagnall

Crammond Hibee
24-02-2016, 09:10 PM
Hanlon in for Fontaine, Bartley in for Thomson, and I would put in Darnall/Boyle/Keatings for Stokes. Tonight was a failed experiment in team rotation and we need to get back into winning ways immediately.

I agree with every one

adhibs
24-02-2016, 09:13 PM
Hanlon for Mcgregor for me. Thats the second goal Mcgregors cost us this season, the other being at ibrox. same number as Oxley, Just wish we also had a tested keeper who could come in.

Brightside
24-02-2016, 09:13 PM
Almost every player from tonight is up for dropping imho. Rubbish. Utter rubbish. 2nd to every ball.

Oxley - poor distribution and poor decision making
Gray - either not fit or not fussed. Players jogging back into position is simply not good enough. And why can he never run to the byline and cut back?
Fontaine - all over the place positionally
McGregor - poor passing and constantly putting players into 50/50s
Stevenson - very poor final ball

McGinn - no passing - running into oppo players all night.
Henderson - as above
Thomson - waste of a shirt tonight...dragged everything back to our half and agin failed to cover back when he lost the ball
Dylan - simply not fit. Don't play him

Cumming - effort was ok - finishing was poor
Stokes - pointless. And we need to stop him taking every single free kick.

Subs showed nothing either.

Boyle and Carmichael showed more than anyone in the last game and deserved to stay in the team. Very odd to drop them for tonight.

Probably the worst I've seen from us since Stubbs took over. Players need to have a big look at themselves tonight.

jnr_hibee
24-02-2016, 09:17 PM
Almost every player from tonight is up for dropping imho. Rubbish. Utter rubbish. 2nd to every ball.

Gray - either not fit or not fussed. Players jogging back into position is simply not good enough. And why can he never run to the byline and cut back?

Henderson - as above
Thomson - waste of a shirt tonight...dragged everything back to our half and agin failed to cover back when he lost the ball

Stokes - pointless. And we need to stop him taking every single penalty.

Boyle and Carmichael showed more than anyone in the last game and deserved to stay in the team. Very odd to drop them for tonight.

Probably the worst I've seen from us since Stubbs took over. Players need to have a big look at themselves tonight.

You must have been at a different game from me bud.

Henderson was the only player looking for the ball and trying to play right up until the end. Would you rather he stopped playing football and start humping it long like Fontaine, McGregor and Mcginn all did when the going got tough?

Jason had a mare and should have been hooked well before Stokes.

Dom'sFirstTouch
24-02-2016, 09:17 PM
Tonight was very close to a full strength team, certainly a lot closer than Saturday's when we won 3-0. It was a team which should have had more than enough to see off Morton at home. Was surprised to see no Carmichael or Boyle given how well they played against Alloa.

Brightside
24-02-2016, 09:18 PM
You must have been at a different game from me bud.

Henderson was the only player looking for the ball and trying to play right up until the end. Would you rather he stopped playing football and start humping it long like Fontaine, McGregor and Mcginn all did when the going got tough?

Jason had a mare and should have been hooked well before Stokes.

Henderson ran around all night....like a headless chicken. Passing was very poor.

Hermit Crab
24-02-2016, 09:24 PM

Henderson - as above

Stokes - pointless. And we need to stop him taking every single penalty.

Oxley. Absoloutely howling for the 2nd goal, not for the first time. Made the same mistake against hearts but got away with it because of the offside flag. Drop him

Fontaine. Long balls to nobody is a common feature from him. Must do better.

Mcginn, McGeoch and Henderson left to do it all themselves as KT offered nowt - hee haw - nixie.

As above Thomson offered nothing and was he not at fault for the 3rd goal or was it McGregor? Just let the boy run into the box.....

The front 2 were just pish. Poor finishing, poor first touches, poor decisions.

Hard to slam the team after this but definitely a bad day at the office and AS must take a lot of the blame and stop this rotation pish and just play his strongest 11 and win the games we play. He can start by scudding Dumbarton on Saturday.

paddy1875
24-02-2016, 09:56 PM
From where I was sat in the east the first goal was from a corner that the guy got his head on in the six yard box?

I might be wrong as I was well up the other end but if it was surely oxley has to come and claim that?

hibee_girl
24-02-2016, 09:58 PM
From where I was sat in the east the first goal was from a corner that the guy got his head on in the six yard box?

I might be wrong as I was well up the other end but if it was surely oxley has to come and claim that?

I thought the same tbh

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2016, 09:59 PM

I'd love a defender to be getting a head on it as well.

GreenArmy1875
24-02-2016, 10:04 PM
Thomson....the new Liam Craig on .net

Hermit Crab
24-02-2016, 10:05 PM

He's worse than that.

Brightside
24-02-2016, 10:07 PM

Do you not agree he was pointless tonight.

Hiber-nation
24-02-2016, 10:10 PM

It was Gray's man, he totally lost him. Not sure Oxley could have come through that ruck of players.

HappyAsHellas
24-02-2016, 10:11 PM
1st goal - free header from six yards - who was supposed to be marking him?
2nd goal - Oxley's famous crisp bag wrists come to the fore again.
3rd goal - Thomson had been taken off, Gray and Stevenson trying to push forward so McGregor runs deep into their half and straight into three of them - cue very simple counter attack

All goals down to individual mistakes. Add to this the squandered chances, utterly inept refereeing, niggling fouls and play acting and it was a disastrous day at the office. Let's see how our young keeper gets on as we're not going to win the league now. And for christ's sake get Hanlon back in the defence, he holds it together. Was disappointed not to see Carmichael or Boyle as Keatings ain't exactly firing on all cylinders just now.

paddy1875
24-02-2016, 10:18 PM

Aye a defender should be getting his head on it. I'd still like my goalkeeper coming out taking no prisoners and punching clear or even collecting it.

Poor first to loose no matter who's to blame.

The second goal is a howler. Absolutely rotten.

And the third is textbook counter attack, centre half Carries the ball a yard to far looking to claw our way back into the game, loses the ball straight up the park cut back and everybody knows the rest.

Bartley was a the biggest miss for me tonight. I thought it would've been Thompson that lost his place in the team to compensate Dylan coming back in.

broondog
24-02-2016, 10:37 PM

agree 100%, settled 11 every match please

lucky
24-02-2016, 10:51 PM

Correct, Oxley was at fault for the first two goals. He's just not good enough

hfc rd
24-02-2016, 11:13 PM
I thought that was one of Jason Cummings' worst performance in a long time.

Will Otso be given a chance after Oxley's howler?

Onceinawhile
24-02-2016, 11:16 PM
Correct, Oxley was at fault for the first two goals. He's just not good enough

Don't agreement was at fault for the first, he had six players around him. The defenders needed to be stronger and buy him some space.

Need to see the second again, but it didn't look good for him.

SeanWilson
24-02-2016, 11:18 PM
I really liked the look of us on Sunday... Was a work in progress but having real wingers looked good. Perhaps a more solid version of that with stokes and Cummings up top - not sure who I'd have as back three - fonts, Hanlon, McGreggor? Bartley McGinn and Henderson in middle, Carmichael and Boyle on wings and AS an JC up.

scoopyboy
25-02-2016, 11:07 AM

Henderson - as above

Stokes - pointless. And we need to stop him taking every single free kick.

Neither was dropped, Boyle unwell and Carmichael's groin yet again.

1987kev
25-02-2016, 11:24 AM
Back to a 3-5-2 for me I would like to see Boyle and Carmichael on the wings.

Ox

Macgregor
Hanlon
Fonts

Boyle
Dylan
Bartley
Mcginn
Carmichael

Cummings
Dagal

Brightside
25-02-2016, 11:28 AM

Good info - thanks Scoops

green day
25-02-2016, 11:52 AM

That's just magic :rolleyes: as McGeough came off holding his groin too..................

Onceinawhile
25-02-2016, 11:57 AM

Hibs were saying he was just rested - so if it is his groin, presumably just a wee tweak?

stantonhibby
25-02-2016, 12:11 PM
That's just magic :rolleyes: as McGeough came off holding his groin too..................

McGeouch was stretching from very early on.......same on Sunday as well.

khib70
25-02-2016, 12:13 PM
Oxley. Absoloutely howling for the 2nd goal, not for the first time. Made the same mistake against hearts but got away with it because of the offside flag. Drop him

Fontaine. Long balls to nobody is a common feature from him. Must do better.

Mcginn, McGeoch and Henderson left to do it all themselves as KT offered nowt - hee haw - nixie.

As above Thomson offered nothing and was he not at fault for the 3rd goal or was it McGregor? Just let the boy run into the box.....

The front 2 were just pish. Poor finishing, poor first touches, poor decisions.

Hard to slam the team after this but definitely a bad day at the office and AS must take a lot of the blame and stop this rotation pish and just play his strongest 11 and win the games we play. He can start by scudding Dumbarton on Saturday.
He wasn't on the pitch for the third goal, and I thought he had a damn sight better game than Cummings, Stokes and Stevenson put together. But let's not let these pesky facts get in the way of a good Tommo witch hunt, eh? We were poor all round. Too many minds on tin pots and not on the main job in hand of getting out of this league. Pointless to scapegoat individuals for a flat and disinterested team performance. But we need a win in every league game and we need to start playing like we know that. I suspect a bad day at the office which everyone has, including Rangers, and no cause for witch hunting or hand wringing yet.

Brightside
25-02-2016, 12:39 PM
McGeouch was stretching from very early on.......same on Sunday as well.

I don't understand why we are playing unfit players. Gray is also not fit

500miles
25-02-2016, 01:03 PM
...............Ox
..Gunnarsson.Hanlon.Fontaine
.......Bartley.McGinn
..Boyle...Carmichael.Stevenson
.........Dagnall
.............Cummings

Players need rested, and whether we prioritise the cups or not, we need to rotate to prevent injuries.

scoopyboy
25-02-2016, 01:15 PM
Hibs were saying he was just rested - so if it is his groin, presumably just a wee tweak?

hopefully

Hermit Crab
25-02-2016, 03:31 PM
He wasn't on the pitch for the third goal, and I thought he had a damn sight better game than Cummings, Stokes and Stevenson put together. But let's not let these pesky facts get in the way of a good Tommo witch hunt, eh? We were poor all round. Too many minds on tin pots and not on the main job in hand of getting out of this league. Pointless to scapegoat individuals for a flat and disinterested team performance. But we need a win in every league game and we need to start playing like we know that. I suspect a bad day at the office which everyone has, including Rangers, and no cause for witch hunting or hand wringing yet.

Read the whole sentence i sad him or mcgregor. I couldn't remember. That aside KT offered **** all last night and was a waste of a jersey. Far too deep and passes along the back line from him will not win us games.

Hermit Crab
25-02-2016, 03:32 PM
...............Ox
..Gunnarsson.Hanlon.Fontaine
.......Bartley.McGinn
..Boyle...Carmichael.Stevenson
.........Dagnall
.............Cummings

Players need rested, and whether we prioritise the cups or not, we need to rotate to prevent injuries.

Swap oxley for the new keeper.

blackpoolhibs
25-02-2016, 07:38 PM
It was Gray's man, he totally lost him. Not sure Oxley could have come through that ruck of players.

Clear the lot, defenders forwards the ref and the bloody ball, good keepers do that in THEIR 6 yard box, the problem here is i said good keepers. :rolleyes:

kaimendhibs
25-02-2016, 07:43 PM
Clear the lot, defenders forwards the ref and the bloody ball, good keepers do that in THEIR 6 yard box, the problem here is i said good keepers. :rolleyes:

Watch out, you will get a row.

blackpoolhibs
25-02-2016, 07:45 PM

Do i look frightened? :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-02-2016, 07:46 PM

He's used to it! :-)