PDA

View Full Version : Positives after tonight

Torto7062
24-02-2016, 09:28 PM
Being realistic before tonight's game, second in the league was the least we expected. Stubbs was interviewed before the game and said Falkirk were too far behind us,which made me think Ooops that's setting us up for a fall.
OK tonight is a very bad night at the office BUT it will be a wake up call to the players and might just might help us focus on the final.

On another note...****** the Hertz

Ggtth

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Michael
24-02-2016, 09:30 PM
Being realistic before tonight's game, second in the league was the least we expected. Stubbs was interviewed before the game and said Falkirk were too far behind us,which made me think Ooops that's setting us up for a fall.
OK tonight is a very bad night at the office BUT it will be a wake up call to the players and might just might help us focus on the final.

Ggtth

He said that??? Helloooo third place.

Jones28
24-02-2016, 09:30 PM
It's a right kick in the balls. We shouldn't be loosing at home to Morton under any circumstances.

Torto7062
24-02-2016, 09:32 PM
Yeh mate...I thought wait a minute we have a massive budget compared to Falkirk so we should be miles ahead of them.....still think o the extra doh the club will get by us winning the play offs

Waxy
24-02-2016, 09:33 PM
2 defeats in 29 games. Would anyone have taken that?

Joe6-2
24-02-2016, 09:34 PM

Of course, we all would

essexhibee
24-02-2016, 09:38 PM
If we had won tonight and the remaining games until we met Rangers beating them would have meant the gap would have been just two.

Getting out of this league is far more important for the long term future of the club than getting to the league cup final so struggle to see any positives tonight. Don't agree at all with the idea that the focus should be on a Final over the league.

Jim44

Ggtth

If he actually said that, he's a fool.

derekduval

Spin it anyway you like that's the beauty of statistics but I don't except that tonight.

Positives are hopefully less demand first thing tomorrow for final tickets although this will also have a knock on effect on other matches.

Torto7062
24-02-2016, 09:40 PM
Yeh course we would

My_Wife_Camille
24-02-2016, 09:43 PM
Sugar coated pish. 4 defeats in 25 league games and 8 points off top. Nobody would have taken that.

greenpaper55
Had a bad feeling about tonight, to many games, a freezing cold night and umpteen team changes was a recipe for disaster, realistically we were always going to fight out a play off place with Falkirk and nothing has changed after tonight.

Bostonhibby
At least that's got Morton on a Wednesday night at Easter Road out of the way for another year and hopefully longer.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-02-2016, 09:46 PM
He said that??? Helloooo third place.

Let the wed betting commence!

Torto7062
24-02-2016, 09:48 PM
Had a bad feeling about tonight, to many games, a freezing cold night and umpteen team changes was a recipe for disaster, realistically we were always going to fight out a play off place with Falkirk and nothing has changed after tonight.
That's how I'm looking at it....just stay ahead of Houston's men

WeeRussell
24-02-2016, 09:48 PM
Celtic go elsewhere for Ronnie's replacement and we fire up through the playoffs with 2 cups :confused:

Very sore one tonight, and no excuses. Our hopes of winning the league have just got a whole lot fainter. But, our main objective this season is still alive and to be played for, alongside our cup bids.

Bad night, very bad night at the office. We don't give up here though.

Oh and an actual positive for me is I was ill and never went and watched that.

Together. :flag:

mcfly
24-02-2016, 09:49 PM
Positives are Hanlon and Bartley are Certs for final.

I also think gray needs to be careful as he gets caught out of position too often.

Oxley - words fail me

Pretty Boy
24-02-2016, 09:50 PM
I suppose a positive is we can now play with a bit more freedom knowing we are almost certainly playing to consolidate 2nd as opposed to chasing Rangers.

That might allow us to relax a bit and get back to playing good football regularly in the league.

Craig_in_Prague
24-02-2016, 09:52 PM
I learnt what the hell periscope is about.

et_hibby
24-02-2016, 09:53 PM
Positives: play-offs will generate big money: gates & TV (all funded by us, of course...)

jabis
24-02-2016, 09:55 PM

Really.

oconnors_strip
24-02-2016, 09:56 PM
Least that's the poor result out of the way and we can concentrate on the league cup final, league and quarter final matches

neil7908
24-02-2016, 09:56 PM
The 3 goals were very poor and we looked horribly exposed every time they attacked. The frustrating thing is if we had got the first goal I'm confident we'd have won easily. As the game went on we looked less and less likely to score and Morton should even have got a 4th. I worry that with Dom gone if Stokes and Cummings aren't on song we really struggle. Trying not to be too despondent but hard after freezing my backside off watching that

Jim44
24-02-2016, 09:57 PM
Really.

Yup!

rcarter1
24-02-2016, 09:58 PM

Ggtth

I like Stubbs, and he has hauled the club back to being a football club again. He will learn, just like virtually every manager out there, it all turns on a penny.

Borderhibbie76
24-02-2016, 09:58 PM
If we had won tonight and the remaining games until we met Rangers beating them would have meant the gap would have been just two.

Getting out of this league is far more important for the long term future of the club than getting to the league cup final so struggle to see any positives tonight. Don't agree at all with the idea that the focus should be on a Final over the league.
Me neither...I always try and see positives but that was a joke tonight!! Cummings and Stokes as a pair don't work and I really hope stubbs has realised that tonight. So far imo Stokes has been a massive let down. 3 nil at home to morton is just not acceptable under any circumstances and the performance 2nd half was frankly pathetic

givescotlandfreedom
24-02-2016, 10:04 PM
Positives - El Alagui worked his rear end off when he came on and will be an asset to us if he keeps fit.
Hanlon and Bartley shouldn't be left out again, let that be a lesson.

truehibernian
24-02-2016, 10:05 PM
The 3 goals were very poor and we looked horribly exposed every time they attacked. The frustrating thing is if we had got the first goal I'm confident we'd have won easily. As the game went on we looked less and less likely to score and Morton should even have got a 4th. I worry that with Dom gone if Stokes and Cummings aren't on song we really struggle. Trying not to be too despondent but hard after freezing my backside off watching that

Alloa exposed us, straight away after Boyle's first, and three times at 2-0 first 15 minutes second half.

Livingston had us pinned back first 45 seconds first half.......

Simple fact is Hibs need to beat teams every game in the league at the business end if they want the title - we lost the league title tonight and it's the play offs - no way will The Rangers lose it now.

They need to fully focus on the league - cups are not crucial, promotion is.

My_Wife_Camille
24-02-2016, 10:07 PM
Me neither...I always try and see positives but that was a joke tonight!! Cummings and Stokes as a pair don't work and I really hope stubbs has realised that tonight. So far imo Stokes has been a massive let down. 3 nil at home to morton is just not acceptable under any circumstances and the performance 2nd half was frankly pathetic

Agree with this. If you want to win titles at any level you can't drop as many points as we do. Simple as that.

5 wins in our last 10 league matches isn't title winning form and it was always a worry for me with Stubbs and his team.

The only slight positive I can take from today is that I never seriously felt we would win this league. I still think we'll go up in the play offs.

jabis
24-02-2016, 10:09 PM
Yup!

Fair enough,you think our manager is a fool.
It's all about opinions.

Stuarty27
24-02-2016, 10:11 PM
From 30minutes onwards we were awful tonight.

Dylan McGeough 🙈🙈 Mortons best player

FromTheCapital
24-02-2016, 10:12 PM
No positives at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pedantic_Hibee
24-02-2016, 10:12 PM
I got my nat king.

Dom'sFirstTouch
24-02-2016, 10:13 PM
There were none: our weaknesses were ruthlessly exposed by a poor side, Dylan got injured again, Stokes, Thomson and Oxley were abysmal and we again seemed completely reliant on Cummings for goals.

With automatic promotion almost certainly gone we can maybe prioritise certain games to keep everyone ready for the play-offs, but that's about it.

Glory Lurker
24-02-2016, 10:13 PM
No positives. A shocking performance and result.

SkintHibby
24-02-2016, 10:16 PM
I learnt what the hell periscope is about.

Me too! And being an old fart I was amazed to even manage to log in.:thumbsup:

B.H.F.C
24-02-2016, 10:19 PM
Nothing positive about that tonight. Winning the league was unlikely but that has killed it off.

A result like that has been coming. Maybe not to that extent but we've scraped by in a lot of league games.

We've had a lot of praise which had been deserved but I hope that is a proper wake up call, especially with a cup final in a fortnight.

matty_f
24-02-2016, 10:22 PM
We didn't lose more heavily, which we easily could have.

Really pish way to concede the title. That's not a positive.

erin go bragh
24-02-2016, 10:22 PM
It didn't rain . And we won't get that ref in the final .

GGTTH

paddy1875
24-02-2016, 10:23 PM
Positives

I knew I was right about mark oxley

lyonhibs
24-02-2016, 10:23 PM
Christ alive, the positives to the club and our position of getting ridden 3-0 at home by Morton are none. If metaphysically possible, -100000 "positives"

Anyone saying otherwise is clutching at the notion of clutching at straws.

Booked4Being-Ugly
24-02-2016, 10:25 PM
The ONLY positive tonight was the return of El Alagui.

HibeeDave
24-02-2016, 10:26 PM
Positives - El Alagui worked his rear end off when he came on and will be an asset to us if he keeps fit.
Definitely Bartley every time before Thomson

Dashing Bob S
24-02-2016, 10:27 PM
There are times where you just have to have a bloody good laugh. This is one of them for me.

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2016, 10:28 PM

He didn't. Just another example of someone not listening properly. It's almost a daily occurrence.

Jim44
Fair enough,you think our manager is a fool.
It's all about opinions.

My opinion is qualified by his stupid comment that a 5 point lead is too much for a team like Falkirk to overcome. In my book, anyone who comes out with that nonsense is foolish.

3pm
Ross County and ICT probably watching.

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2016, 10:29 PM

:agree: could've been 5 or 6.

Minds focussed on the playoffs (and cups) now.

green day
24-02-2016, 10:30 PM

This x 100

The defence minus Hanlon looked brutal tonight - and you could see instantly what Bartley brings. I like Thomson, but he is a squad player now.

Brightside
24-02-2016, 10:30 PM
The ONLY positive tonight was the return of El Alagui.

Not if it means our CHs are just going to fire in high balls for 80 mins!

Torto7062
24-02-2016, 10:31 PM
He didn't. Just another example of someone not listening properly. It's almost a daily occurrence.
So remind me what he said.....
My memory says Stubbs said..."realistically Falkirk have a big ask to catch Hibs. No disrespect to them but I think it's down to us two"
Chick said is every game a must win
Stubbs...yes we're now at that stage of the season we could say that..

Correct or not ?

Andy74
24-02-2016, 10:31 PM

Depends what preceded it.

I wouldn't have taken being this far behind this year if it was offered at the start, no.

hibee_girl
24-02-2016, 10:32 PM
Not if it means our CHs are just going to fire in high balls for 80 mins!

At least Farid knows how to win a header

SherbetFountain
24-02-2016, 10:33 PM
There were none: our weaknesses were ruthlessly exposed by a poor side, Dylan got injured again, Stokes, Thomson and Oxley were abysmal and we again seemed completely reliant on Cummings for goals.

With automatic promotion almost certainly gone we can maybe prioritise certain games to keep everyone ready for the play-offs, but that's about it.

Cummings forces us to be reliant on his goals as he doesn't pass the ball when he's within 35 yards of the goal! Maybe if he lifted his head, we would get into better positions as a team! He should have scored 3 goals tonight!

hibbysam
24-02-2016, 10:34 PM
My memory says Stubbs said..."realistically Falkirk have a big ask to catch Hibs. No disrespect to them but I think it's down to us two"

Correct or not ?

Without having listened to it, if that was the conversation then that's not Stubbs saying 5 points is too much to catch us, it is saying 13 points is too much to catch Rangers.

truehibernian
24-02-2016, 10:35 PM

I honestly feel the boys focus is on the cup(s) matty which I understand but they surely realise we could win the league - is it a motivational thing ? Not wanting an injury ? Indeed are a couple nursing wee knocks and don't want to miss out on the final and play despite them.

Boyce and the wee Dutch felly will rip us a new one in the LC Final playing like that at the back !

Brightside
24-02-2016, 10:35 PM
Positives are Hanlon and Bartley are Certs for final.

I also think gray needs to be careful as he gets caught out of position too often.

Oxley - words fail me

I think Gray is done. I'd have Gunnarson in full time now. The biggest thing for Gray was always his pace and energy. That appears to be gone.

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2016, 10:36 PM

Correct or not ?

Decent recollection I think. The way you put it in your original post led people to believe he had rubbished Falkirk.

ancient hibee
24-02-2016, 10:39 PM
What Stubbs actually said was that if we won tonight Falkirk would be eight points behind which he thought would be too many for them to make up.He also said that they had done fantastically well as shown by the number of points they were ahead of the nest team.Hopefully that will stop another Hibs.net myth getting unde way.

Torto7062
24-02-2016, 10:39 PM
Decent recollection I think. The way you put it in your original post led people to believe he had rubbished Falkirk.
Not intended to dig at Falkirk mate it was more the Old....say something and give the other team a reason to beat/catch you/trip up scenario.....
Made a rod for our back...but chasing success on 3 fronts is a big ask...so League Cup win and a Play off winners medal will do nicely
[emoji460] [emoji471] [emoji481]

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2016, 10:40 PM
What Stubbs actually said was that if we won tonight Falkirk would be eight points behind which he thought would be too many for them to make up.He also said that they had done fantastically well as shown by the number of points they were ahead of the nest team.Hopefully that will stop another Hibs.net myth getting unde way.

:agree:

green day
24-02-2016, 10:40 PM
Positives?

Lovely staff in the ticket office as I picked up the Cup Final tickets.

Game? Best consigned to the bin.

Dom'sFirstTouch
24-02-2016, 10:45 PM
Cummings forces us to be reliant on his goals as he doesn't pass the ball when he's within 35 yards of the goal! Maybe if he lifted his head, we would get into better positions as a team! He should have scored 3 goals tonight!

True, Cummings missed a couple of golden opportunities at 0-0, and yes, he's absolutely a very greedy player; that's why he's scored 20 goals this season.

Cummings is miles from the finished article (he is only 20), his link play is often average and he misses too many chances, but I don't think that 'forces' our many other talented attacking players in the team (Stokes, Keatings, Dagnall etc) to score so few goals. Too often we simply don't have enough players in the box, are unwilling to shoot, or play poor final balls from wide positions.

LaMotta
24-02-2016, 10:51 PM

I can't remember exactly what he said but I thought as soon as he said what he did say, whatever that was, that he probably shouldnt have said what he did!

TrinityHibs
24-02-2016, 10:51 PM
I think Gray is done. I'd have Gunnarson in full time now. The biggest thing for Gray was always his pace and energy. That appears to be gone.

Don't agree. Gray was up against the fastest player I have seen at ER this year. No protection in front of him and asked to push on. Not a good mix. Gunnarson might or might not be the future but Gray is not done.

SherbetFountain
24-02-2016, 10:56 PM
True, Cummings missed a couple of golden opportunities at 0-0, and yes, he's absolutely a very greedy player; that's why he's scored 20 goals this season.

Cummings is miles from the finished article (he is only 20), his link play is often average and he misses too many chances, but I don't think that 'forces' our many other talented attacking players in the team (Stokes, Keatings, Dagnall etc) to score so few goals. Too often we simply don't have enough players in the box, are unwilling to shoot, or play poor final balls from wide positions.

He limits our play in the final third frequently trying to shift the ball on to his left foot and get a shot off! If he had more to his all round game, it would subsequently create more chances for his team mates! It's basic stuff! As you said, he is miles from the finished article and but he's scored goals at championship level in Scotland - agreed.

gaz1875
24-02-2016, 10:57 PM

Yep been saying this most of the season, occasionally whips in a good cross ie against Hearts but few and far between, today he seemed to be caught out with cross field balls unless McGregor was supposed to be covering for him?

Dom'sFirstTouch
24-02-2016, 11:10 PM
He limits our play in the final third frequently trying to shift the ball on to his left foot and get a shot off! If he had more to his all round game, it would subsequently create more chances for his team mates! It's basic stuff! As you said, he is miles from the finished article and but he's scored goals at championship level in Scotland - agreed.

I agree to an extent, but there's got to be more to our lack of goals than just Cummings' poor link up play.

ancient hibee
24-02-2016, 11:14 PM
I think the main reason for our lack of goals is passing the ball around the back while opposing teams pull 9 men back.We should be spreading the game wide much earlier and play the ball through retreating defences.Kids in the park do it regularly.

SherbetFountain
24-02-2016, 11:18 PM
I agree to an extent, but there's got to be more to our lack of goals than just Cummings' poor link up play.

There obviously is but I think he plays a significant role in this! It's even more evident on nights like tonight where things don't go his way - he becomes even more determined to get shots off and create space for himself! The majority of occasions he would be far better placed linking with other players in better positions.

But you're right, there are other factors playing their part! Stokes obviously isn't fit and has been a disappointment, keatings form and confidence has nose dived, Dagnall looks 'industrious' but doesn't look like scoring too many goals and we've got rid of your mate malonga!

Dom'sFirstTouch
24-02-2016, 11:21 PM
There obviously is but I think he plays a significant role in this! It's even more evident on nights like tonight where things don't go his way - he becomes even more determined to get shots off and create space for himself! The majority of occasions he would be far better placed linking with other players in better positions.

But you're right, there are other factors playing their part! Stokes obviously isn't fit and has been a disappointment, keatings form and confidence has nose dived, Dagnall looks 'industrious' but doesn't look like scoring too many goals and we've got rid of your mate malonga!

Aye fair dos. We've got definitely got some issues up front currently. Will be interesting to see what Stubbs does.

Nicho87
24-02-2016, 11:28 PM
Positive tonight was i beat the traffic.

paddy1875
24-02-2016, 11:29 PM

Cummings is a good player, but he is so predictable at times. He needs to hit the touch line a few times in a game to plant the seed he's not going to cut inside onto his left all the time. Even if his cut backs are gash on his right no defender wants to be beaten and it just might give him the extra couple of yards he needs to offload a rocket

silverhibee
24-02-2016, 11:39 PM
Positives from tonight.

£10 on Morton & Man City. :taxi

Onion
25-02-2016, 04:50 PM
While we obviously want to push the Huns hard for the title, if we do end up in the POs, better to know earlier than later. IMO worse case would be pushing them to the final day and losing out. That would be crushing and probably affect our attitude going into the POs. Momentum is key.

MWHIBBIES
25-02-2016, 05:21 PM
Yep been saying this most of the season, occasionally whips in a good cross ie against Hearts but few and far between, today he seemed to be caught out with cross field balls unless McGregor was supposed to be covering for him?and the 2 he put on a plate for Cummings last night...honestly.

erin go bragh
25-02-2016, 06:08 PM
I think the main reason for our lack of goals is passing the ball around the back while opposing teams pull 9 men back.We should be spreading the game wide much earlier and play the ball through retreating defences.Kids in the park do it regularly.

Like we did on Saturday.
Carmichael and Boyle ripped Alloa a new one .
Heard Boyle was unwell but how Carmichael didn't start or at least make the bench was baffling. I would have loved to have seen the same formation with Cummings and Stokes replacing Keatings and Daggers .

GGTTH

PISTOL1875
25-02-2016, 06:22 PM

Yes we all would've taken that BUT the most important thing is that we are 8 points behind Sevco...

PISTOL1875
25-02-2016, 06:23 PM
Another positive is that after last night's game we hopefully might have seen the end of Mark Oxley..

PISTOL1875
25-02-2016, 06:25 PM
I like Stubbs, and he has hauled the club back to being a football club again. He will learn, just like virtually every manager out there, it all turns on a penny.

What will he learn exactly ?? After nearly 2 years in the job . he still hasn't learnt that we have no pace or creativity in our side...

MWHIBBIES
25-02-2016, 06:47 PM
Another positive is that after last night's game we hopefully might have seen the end of Mark Oxley..I'd rather see the end of you, pathetic post. Cummings and Stokes were both worse than Oxley last night, should they be binned as well?

ancient hibee
25-02-2016, 06:48 PM
What will he learn exactly ?? After nearly 2 years in the job . he still hasn't learnt that we have no pace or creativity in our side...

You really think McGinn and Henderson are not creative players?Wow.

MWHIBBIES
25-02-2016, 06:49 PM
What will he learn exactly ?? After nearly 2 years in the job . he still hasn't learnt that we have no pace or creativity in our side...Did you see Liam Hendersons pass for Boyles goal on Sunday? Tell me again how we have no creativity or pace.

twiceinathens
25-02-2016, 08:47 PM
Rangers draw '1-1 with late equaliser, win 1-0 with Kenny Miller hit-and-hope. Hibs draw 0-0 and follow up with last night's disaster. Suddenly the gap is 8 points.

PISTOL1875
25-02-2016, 09:09 PM
You really think McGinn and Henderson are not creative players?Wow.

Pace ??

PISTOL1875
25-02-2016, 09:11 PM
I'd rather see the end of you, pathetic post. Cummings and Stokes were both worse than Oxley last night, should they be binned as well?

Stokes and Cummings will do more good than bad.. Oxley is honking.. Answer me question , when the ball goes into the box from a cross/corner , are you confident that Oxley will deal with it ??

Andy74
25-02-2016, 09:21 PM
Stokes and Cummings will do more good than bad.. Oxley is honking.. Answer me question , when the ball goes into the box from a cross/corner , are you confident that Oxley will deal with it ??

Usually yeah. Oxley had a bad night but the externsion of that to him being useless is pretty pathetic - you couldn't have that view having watched the team this season.

MWHIBBIES
25-02-2016, 09:25 PM
Stokes and Cummings will do more good than bad.. Oxley is honking.. Answer me question , when the ball goes into the box from a cross/corner , are you confident that Oxley will deal with it ??Oxley has done a lot more good than bad this season, there is no arguing otherwise.

Yes, I'm confident our back 5 will deal with it like they did against Hearts, Aberdeen etc. More than just the 'keepers job to deal with a cross. Why was the cross even allowed in the box in the first place? Why did we give away a corner? Those are more difficult questions than just blaming the 'keeper like you have.

SherbetFountain
25-02-2016, 09:32 PM
Usually yeah. Oxley had a bad night but the externsion of that to him being useless is pretty pathetic - you couldn't have that view having watched the team this season.

Oxley has been found wanting on a number of occasions this season - it's been there for everyone to see! He certainly doesn't fill me with confidence every time I see him!

He's capable of some good stops and is tremendous with the ball at his feet but he makes too many mistakes! Last night was comical - I'm still not sure what he was trying to do for the second goal while under no pressure! And there was one occasion in the first half when he flapped under his cross bar, it was school boy stuff!

Now many players struggles last night but over the course of the season, he's been the consistent weak link.

Andy74
25-02-2016, 09:34 PM
Oxley has been found wanting on a number of occasions this season - it's been there for everyone to see! He certainly doesn't fill me with confidence every time I see him!

He's capable of some good stops and is tremendous with the ball at his feet but he makes too many mistakes! Last night was comical - I'm still not sure what he was trying to do for the second goal while under no pressure! And there was one occasion in the first half when he flapped under his cross bar, it was school boy stuff!

Now many players struggles last night but over the course of the season, he's been the consistent weak link.

He's not really.

kaimendhibs
25-02-2016, 09:46 PM
He's not really.

Yes he has

Sir David Gray
25-02-2016, 09:50 PM
There really weren't many positives to take out of last night's match.

Perhaps the fact that we didn't concede any more than three, which we could have done in the second half.

Awful night.

Looking forward to Saturday to get last night out of the system.

PISTOL1875
25-02-2016, 09:54 PM
Oxley has done a lot more good than bad this season, there is no arguing otherwise.

Yes, I'm confident our back 5 will deal with it like they did against Hearts, Aberdeen etc. More than just the 'keepers job to deal with a cross. Why was the cross even allowed in the box in the first place? Why did we give away a corner? Those are more difficult questions than just blaming the 'keeper like you have.

Oxley is a liability now and always has been when it comes to dealing with cross balls...

JimBHibees
25-02-2016, 09:58 PM
Yes he has

How many clean sheets, he played well in the recent games.he isn't perfect but excellent distribution. A bit of support would be good and less of putting the boot in when the guy has a poor game.

kaimendhibs
25-02-2016, 10:19 PM
How many clean sheets, he played well in the recent games.he isn't perfect but excellent distribution. A bit of support would be good and less of putting the boot in when the guy has a poor game.

No bother pal. Take it you saw his great distribution at livvie? Diesnt matter uf yoy cant save the ball as long as you can boot it iut😂😂

kaimendhibs
25-02-2016, 10:20 PM

This is a forum, support him at EVERY GAME

Andy74
25-02-2016, 10:21 PM
No bother pal. Take it you saw his great distribution at livvie? Diesnt matter uf yoy cant save the ball as long as you can boot it iut

That was one game in terrible conditions.

Strange thing to pick on what is probably the strongest part of his game overall.

Anyway, the fact the opportunity to discuss Oxley seems to only come around once every 3 or 4 months suggests he is doing just fine.

eastterrace
25-02-2016, 10:24 PM
How many clean sheets, he played well in the recent games.he isn't perfect but excellent distribution. A bit of support would be good and less of putting the boot in when the guy has a poor game. I like ox but he has been a bit dodgy recently ,even the hearts game with the offside goal he bottled out of that .

kaimendhibs
25-02-2016, 10:31 PM
That was one game in terrible conditions.

Strange thing to pick on what is probably the strongest part of his game overall.

Anyway, the fact the opportunity to discuss Oxley seems to only come around once every 3 or 4 months suggests he is doing just fine.

Aye, no bother Ox

Andy74
25-02-2016, 10:32 PM
Aye, no bother Ox

Jeez, you not got school in the morning?

kaimendhibs
25-02-2016, 10:52 PM
Jeez, you not got school in the morning?

Beat it, you are all over everything, get a life. Oxkey isnt good enough imo.

Andy74
25-02-2016, 11:00 PM

You can discuss stuff without being a dick yeah?

gaz1875
25-02-2016, 11:38 PM
and the 2 he put on a plate for Cummings last night...honestly.

He did put two on a plate but they are few and far between yesterday was one match. Since his injury last season he is no where near the player he was when he first came in honestly.

Northernhibee
25-02-2016, 11:50 PM

ltyf

gaz1875
25-02-2016, 11:54 PM
Oxley is a liability now and always has been when it comes to dealing with cross balls...

Not just cross balls, he can't seem to or doesn't want to hold any shots, pushes them out more often than not, seems to be the new trend in goal keeping.

ManBearPig
26-02-2016, 12:00 AM
Not just cross balls, he can't seem to or doesn't want to hold any shots, pushes them out more often than not, seems to be the new trend in goal keeping.

This is part of the training GK reciwve now. The thought process is that you get a little clear rather than risk trying to catch it and dropping in the danger area. I think people are waaaay too harsh but he is one of the better stoppers in the league certainly better than what rangers have. It's one position I have some intimate knowledge of. There only keeper better at championship level is Danny Rodgers and he is on loan from Aberdeen.

Booked4Being-Ugly
26-02-2016, 12:05 AM
No-one got pass mark last night and the result wasn't down to one man making mistakes! The defence and the whole team was equally as culpable as the scapegoat Oxley.

Fans need to stop putting the boot in and get right behind the team. Criticism is fair enough but constantly slating the team and individuals for one bad performance will do us no good and makes you wonder what people agendas actually are.

I reckon most of the people that are sticking the boot in weren't even there last night and are happy to snipe away from the grassy knolls!

gaz1875
26-02-2016, 12:08 AM
This is part of the training GK reciwve now. The thought process is that you get a little clear rather than risk trying to catch it and dropping in the danger area. I think people are waaaay too harsh but he is one of the better stoppers in the league certainly better than what rangers have. It's one position I have some intimate knowledge of. There only keeper better at championship level is Danny Rodgers and he is on loan from Aberdeen.

I've seen a lot of good saves by opponents when they are playing us, and with our shot to goals ratio it's stopped us having a few big results, Oxley on the other hand has very few saves to make it would be interesting to see his saves to shots ratio compared to the opposing goalkeepers. The Morton goalkeeper made a number of good saves last night and I don't recall him pushing away to many shots.

gaz1875
26-02-2016, 12:12 AM
No-one got pass mark last night and the result wasn't down to one man making mistakes! The defence and the whole team was equally as culpable as the scapegoat Oxley.

Fans need to stop putting the boot in and get right behind the team. Criticism is fair enough but constantly slating the team and individuals for one bad performance will do us no good and makes you wonder what people agendas actually are.

I reckon most of the people that are sticking the boot in weren't even there last night and are happy to snipe away from the grassy knolls!

Funny I haven't noticed any threads starting with Oxley? he was one of many poor performers that are getting mentioned though.

PS I was there in my season ticket seat :wink:

ManBearPig
26-02-2016, 12:13 AM
Yeah most keepers are capable of odd shot stop and one for the cameras. But there keepers kicking was woeful and we never really tested him as their defence and midfield were so well organised also when we shot from distance it was off target most of the time.

Booked4Being-Ugly
26-02-2016, 12:29 AM
Funny I haven't noticed any threads starting with Oxley? he was one of many poor performers that are getting mentioned though.

PS I was there in my season ticket seat :wink:I never saw you, I'm not convinced! :wink:

givescotlandfreedom
26-02-2016, 02:36 AM
ltyf

I'll pull him up about being a yum fud on Saturday. He'll be sat next to me in Dumbarton.

Jumbo
26-02-2016, 07:41 AM
I'll pull him up about being a yum fud on Saturday. He'll be sat next to me in Dumbarton.

I knew it, he's fooled us for all those years 😂😂

kaimendhibs
26-02-2016, 08:54 AM
You can discuss stuff without being a dick yeah?

Then try it. What would you call your school comment and please don't say humour, as it's not funny.

Stevie Reid
26-02-2016, 12:52 PM
Whilst I appreciate that our main objective the last two years has been to get out of this league (and we still have a great chance to do that via the play offs, if necessary as is likely), I really don't think that our overall improvement can, or should, be dismissed completely if that objective is not met.

We all know the horrendous situation we were in after we were relegated (one minute away from staying up, delay in Butcher being sacked, supporter engagement at its lowest ever ebb), and indeed that Stubbs walked into a short time before the season started -that was in complete contrast to Hearts who were buoyant, and with huge backing from an energised support from still being in existence, and Rangers, who had just come up and were still spending crazy money on player recruitment and wages. And indeed, we all know how last season ended, our great finish to the season to seal second undone in the play off game against Rangers, which either side could have edged.

We have done many, many good things to improve even further this year, especially in the wake of the Scott Allan saga which really knocked us off our stride in the early weeks of the season - the players that came as a result of that deal (McGeough, Henderson and, indirectly, McGinn), added to all the other signings have given us a strength of squad that many SPL teams would be envious of. The quality of football has been even better, and added to that we have shown a lot more steel and determination to grind out several 1-0 wins, games that we probably would have drawn last season.

Unfortunately we are falling short again - the two freak results against Dumbarton and Morton (definitely freaks in the context of our superb run this season) have played a huge part, but in the main we are suffering because Rangers acquired a very good manager this season, who has used their considerable resources to recruit a couple of players in Tavernier and Waghorn, who along with Lee Wallace, have been responsible for the vast majority of their goals and wins this season. So whilst we are not where we want to be in the league, if football were purely decided by finance and size of club (mercifully not always, but more than often is), we are where you would expect us to be in that context.

There are still many, many positives to take though - our manager is improving, as are the good players he is coaching, and the feeling around the club is unrecognisable compared to summer 2014. We have a great 50/50 shot at winning the League Cup, which would be an incredible achievement, and have a free swing at Inverness in a home tie in the SC quarter final. Not only have those runs produced memorable wins and performances against SPL sides (including Aberdeen, who had won every game they played until we met, and a memorbale comeback against Hearts, followed by the win in the replay), but have also generated considerable extra revenue which would not have been budgeted for - and may proved vital should we have to play another season down here.

As an additional bonus, the support has been excellent all season, especially at ER, where in the past many may have been quick to turn if things weren't going our way - of course it helps a great deal that we have won almost every game, only losing for the first time in late February, but I was very pleased that the team were not roundly turned on after what was a disastrous result on Wednesday night. That suggests that the support appreciate the great run that the team have been on, and the direction in which things are going for us.

Of course we haven't achieved anything yet, and there is a chance that we won't win the LC, not get to the semi of the SC, and not go up - if that happens, then we are of course at risk of losing our best players. However, if that is the case (and if your best players attract the interest of other clubs, you're doing something right), then I have every faith that the player recruitment set up at the club just now can rebuild if necessary. We may be at risk of losing Stubbs also, though his stock may well drop somewhat if we do stay down - which could work in or favour.

I've seen some on here describe the play offs as a lottery, but I don't see it that way - I don't see how any two legged fixture can be. Falkirk will be difficult yes, but we haven't lost to them yet this season, and have the two best results of any club to visit them in the league this year. If the league is gone in the last few weeks, as is likely, then we won't be facing any last day disappointments, as we will know what we are preparing for. That will be in stark contrast to whoever finishes 11th in the SPL, as they will be on a downwards trajectory - whilst Motherwell's dismantling of Rangers cannot be overlooked, we have already shown what we can do against strong SPL opposition this year, home and away.

Whilst Wednesday was a huge disappointment, we still have loads of big games to look forward to this season, far more than would have seemed likely given we are in the Championship with no Hearts this year - and I am looking forward to those games hugely. And ooking forward to watching Hibs is something that has been a rarity in the last few years to say the least. I am always proud to be a Hibbie, but the level of that pride can waver depending on context - right now I couldn't be prouder of what we are doing and how we are doing it, and have firm belief that we are going in the right direction on every level as a club, regardless of what happens this season.

We still have a great chance of doing great things this season though - let's see what happens. Bring it on. GGTH

broondog
26-02-2016, 12:55 PM
positives are it is one slip up in an otherwise outstanding season so far

JAY-ESS GREEN
26-02-2016, 02:00 PM
Was discussing the match this morning point raised was did u think players were affected by the change in atmosphere at the Derby to a pretty flat atmosphere on Wed. Not sure myself.

ballengeich
26-02-2016, 02:35 PM
Was discussing the match this morning point raised was did u think players were affected by the change in atmosphere at the Derby to a pretty flat atmosphere on Wed. Not sure myself.

I don't think it was the atmosphere. We just didn't take our chances when they came - Morton took some of theirs. If either of Cumming's early misses or the shot that hit the bar early in the second half had gone in the result could have been different.

ancient hibee
26-02-2016, 05:17 PM
Pace ??

Your original post said we had no pace or creativity in the side.I asked you if you thought Henderson and McGinn were not creative.You answer "pace".What does that mean?

Torto7062
26-02-2016, 05:54 PM
Whilst I appreciate that our main objective the last two years has been to get out of this league (and we still have a great chance to do that via the play offs, if necessary as is likely), I really don't think that our overall improvement can, or should, be dismissed completely if that objective is not met.

We all know the horrendous situation we were in after we were relegated (one minute away from staying up, delay in Butcher being sacked, supporter engagement at its lowest ever ebb), and indeed that Stubbs walked into a short time before the season started -that was in complete contrast to Hearts who were buoyant, and with huge backing from an energised support from still being in existence, and Rangers, who had just come up and were still spending crazy money on player recruitment and wages. And indeed, we all know how last season ended, our great finish to the season to seal second undone in the play off game against Rangers, which either side could have edged.

We have done many, many good things to improve even further this year, especially in the wake of the Scott Allan saga which really knocked us off our stride in the early weeks of the season - the players that came as a result of that deal (McGeough, Henderson and, indirectly, McGinn), added to all the other signings have given us a strength of squad that many SPL teams would be envious of. The quality of football has been even better, and added to that we have shown a lot more steel and determination to grind out several 1-0 wins, games that we probably would have drawn last season.

Unfortunately we are falling short again - the two freak results against Dumbarton and Morton (definitely freaks in the context of our superb run this season) have played a huge part, but in the main we are suffering because Rangers acquired a very good manager this season, who has used their considerable resources to recruit a couple of players in Tavernier and Waghorn, who along with Lee Wallace, have been responsible for the vast majority of their goals and wins this season. So whilst we are not where we want to be in the league, if football were purely decided by finance and size of club (mercifully not always, but more than often is), we are where you would expect us to be in that context.

There are still many, many positives to take though - our manager is improving, as are the good players he is coaching, and the feeling around the club is unrecognisable compared to summer 2014. We have a great 50/50 shot at winning the League Cup, which would be an incredible achievement, and have a free swing at Inverness in a home tie in the SC quarter final. Not only have those runs produced memorable wins and performances against SPL sides (including Aberdeen, who had won every game they played until we met, and a memorbale comeback against Hearts, followed by the win in the replay), but have also generated considerable extra revenue which would not have been budgeted for - and may proved vital should we have to play another season down here.

As an additional bonus, the support has been excellent all season, especially at ER, where in the past many may have been quick to turn if things weren't going our way - of course it helps a great deal that we have won almost every game, only losing for the first time in late February, but I was very pleased that the team were not roundly turned on after what was a disastrous result on Wednesday night. That suggests that the support appreciate the great run that the team have been on, and the direction in which things are going for us.

Of course we haven't achieved anything yet, and there is a chance that we won't win the LC, not get to the semi of the SC, and not go up - if that happens, then we are of course at risk of losing our best players. However, if that is the case (and if your best players attract the interest of other clubs, you're doing something right), then I have every faith that the player recruitment set up at the club just now can rebuild if necessary. We may be at risk of losing Stubbs also, though his stock may well drop somewhat if we do stay down - which could work in or favour.

I've seen some on here describe the play offs as a lottery, but I don't see it that way - I don't see how any two legged fixture can be. Falkirk will be difficult yes, but we haven't lost to them yet this season, and have the two best results of any club to visit them in the league this year. If the league is gone in the last few weeks, as is likely, then we won't be facing any last day disappointments, as we will know what we are preparing for. That will be in stark contrast to whoever finishes 11th in the SPL, as they will be on a downwards trajectory - whilst Motherwell's dismantling of Rangers cannot be overlooked, we have already shown what we can do against strong SPL opposition this year, home and away.

Whilst Wednesday was a huge disappointment, we still have loads of big games to look forward to this season, far more than would have seemed likely given we are in the Championship with no Hearts this year - and I am looking forward to those games hugely. And ooking forward to watching Hibs is something that has been a rarity in the last few years to say the least. I am always proud to be a Hibbie, but the level of that pride can waver depending on context - right now I couldn't be prouder of what we are doing and how we are doing it, and have firm belief that we are going in the right direction on every level as a club, regardless of what happens this season.

We still have a great chance of doing great things this season though - let's see what happens. Bring it on. GGTH
Well said couldn't agree more....but I'm shattered reading that post 😉😂