PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Hibs Vs Morton

Pages : 1 [2]

rcarter1
24-02-2016, 08:22 PM
Farid winning the ball in the air. Other 2 up there on their heels not anticipating it.

Good to see him back though. No more two weeks shouts! Between Farid, Stokes, Cummings, Keatings, Dagnall, someone has to grab the end of this season by the neck and get us over the line.

CallumHibs07
24-02-2016, 08:23 PM
what the **** is going on? absolute joke

Pedantic_Hibee
Who gives a flying one!

Me. Obviously.

Never see him when we win.

JimBHibees
Stokes does his most running of the night when going off subbed.

Wonder if a sign of his attitude rearing its head. Not so great to see him out with Cummings last week and personally thought he was mucking about when sub on Sunday. Wandering out just before teams came out at half time when all the other subs had been out for 10. Maybe nonsense and not there tonight but looked a strange one.

SteveHFC
24-02-2016, 08:24 PM
What happened in the east just now?

weonlywon6-2
One defeat, we weren't going to win the league anyway
wake up call before our run of important cup games

Forza Fred
It's a game that has been coming - we've been very poor in the league, raised our game in the cups - maybe it's the grounding these guys needed. League over now.

Careful, there are many who believed that we could go undefeated until the end of the season.

It was inevitable that there would and will be the odd hiccup along the path.

I thought a while ago that we were destined for second spot, and as long as we don't have results like this one, that should pan out the way predicted.

Maybe the wake up call we need....I started to detect a feeling of inevitability that if we didn't win the league promotion via the play offs was almost a gimme...

This proves differently and we will have to scrap for every result.....

SquashedFrogg
Sometimes we all need a good reality check in life :agree:

If people want to press the panic button then fair enough but I've seen more than enough over the last few months to take stock and move on

Joe6-2
Me. Obviously.

Never see him when we win.

Very true!

Pretty Boy
24-02-2016, 08:25 PM
Good to see him back though. No more two weeks shouts! Between Farid, Stokes, Cummings, Keatings, Dagnall, someone has to grab the end of this season by the neck and get us over the line.

Indeed. He's looked sharp. IF we can keep him fit he has a part to play.

Craig_in_Prague
Awful stuff.... but a reminder to the squad if standards drop at all, you'll get beat.
Time now to sort it out for ICT game, follwed by Hampden and then the play offs.
This team stand up in most big games, so stay with them.
1st defeat at home, nearly in March.
The last handful of years it was maybe 1st sole win.

Pretty Boy
Should have been 4.

Comical defending.

Mikey09
So getting humped at home to Morton is acceptable?

He doesn't mean that at all and you know it. I think he means we never hear from certain posters until a poor result... Then it's open season on players, management, tactics etc. it's so predictable.

1van Sprou7e
24-02-2016, 08:26 PM
Hanlon and Bartley should have started

Michael
To be fair, we were probably long overdue a good hammering.

GreenArmy1875
Formation is easy to play against when you sit back and defend. This formation is excellent in big games but not for Morton at home

Jim44
We have had a really good season up til now, the playoffs was always going to be our route to the premiership, so bring on the next game
:gwa:

Agreed, but limping into the playoffs was not on the agenda.

1van Sprou7e
24-02-2016, 08:27 PM
Formation is easy to play against when you sit back and defend. This formation is excellent in big games but not for Morton at home

Agreed, I think 3 at the back with at least one attack minded wingback works best for us against the smaller teams

One Day Soon
24-02-2016, 08:27 PM
Utterly shameful. Got to be up there with one of our worst defeats

Get a grip. Not even remotely true.

AK86
24-02-2016, 08:28 PM
We were always going to have a poor result sooner or later. It was always going to be the play offs in my mind. Takes the pressure off to a certain extent, the guys have had a crazy few weeks
i think our play will relax a bit now, get back to doing what we do best, playing attractive fitba.
Hampden here we come, and we will take care of anyone in play offs. No probs.

Pretty Boy
24-02-2016, 08:28 PM
8655 attendance.

Pretty Boy
24-02-2016, 08:29 PM
Good efforr Bartley, well saved.

blackpoolhibs
24-02-2016, 08:30 PM
Stubbs ripped a new ersole by Jim Duffy, who'd have thought that eh?

I'm_cabbaged
24-02-2016, 08:30 PM
He doesn't mean that at all and you know it. I think he means we never hear from certain posters until a poor result... Then it's open season on players, management, tactics etc. it's so predictable.

Well what do you expect? Luckily I couldn't make it tonight, but going by the commentary and what I've saw on periscope it's been utter Tom kite, barring the first 15

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-02-2016, 08:31 PM
For whatever reason, some games we just don't look interested. Almost like we can't motivate ourselves when we are meant to win. Consistently inconsistent then.

weecounty hibby
24-02-2016, 08:32 PM
Reality check hopefully. 2nd place and win play offs is most important thing. Cup runs are a big bonus but we really need promotion. Still very doable with this team. No need for wholesale panic, we still have the team to do it. We have had a lot of big games in a short space of time

One Day Soon
24-02-2016, 08:32 PM
3-0 at home against Greenock Morton...

A bad day at the office but not even slightly near to our worst defeats.

Joe6-2
24-02-2016, 08:33 PM
3-0 at home against Greenock Morton...

We all hate to lose, but 1-0, or 2-1 to a team like Morton ( no disrespect intended), you can accept, but!!! Turned over 3-0!!

SeanWilson
Get a grip. Not even remotely true.

It's pretty bad. Should have been 4 by now and we look just as clueless up top as well as at the back.

TheGreenMan
Stubbs out, Duffy in

ionahibby
24-02-2016, 08:34 PM
Could be a blessing in disguise before some of the big games. The league was well gone anyway so let Stubbs do his job and I'm confident all will be good.

greenpaper55
After a while some teams start to believe their own publicity, it's up to the manager to stop nonsense like that, Stubbs was guilty of hyping the team just before we got pumped by Rangers so he has a wee bit to learn in that department.

RoscoHibby
Kinda feel in shock a bit just now. Let my coupon down as well....

However Callum Laidlaw is a gentleman and a hero for doing that :not worth Good seats he's got as well.

Michael

Worst defeat we've had all night.

CRAZYHIBBY
Its so bad its laughable

Liam89
24-02-2016, 08:35 PM
We all hate to lose, but 1-0, or 2-1 to a team like Morton ( no disrespect intended), you can accept, but!!! Turned over 3-0!!

1-0, 2-1, 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 doesn't ****ing matter we lost. Before this we'd conceded about 17 goals all season. Calm down.

SkintHibby
Maybe clubs eyeing up Stubbs and Cummings will look elsewhere now.

Mr White
It's a kick in the baws not a bullet in the head. GGTTH. we march on.

Bostonhibby

Bizarre eh, duff Jimmy, the man who put the erse in ersehole as far as Hibs are concerned.

Every dog has its day and you can normally rely on us to give them it. One to forget and move on, play offs it is.

TheGreenMan
Could be a blessing in disguise before some of the big games. The league was well gone anyway so let Stubbs do his job and I'm confident all will be good.

The league was not well gone. Win tonight and were 1 slip up from the Huns away from having it in our hands.

This is a nightmare of a result

SeanWilson
1-0, 2-1, 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 doesn't ****ing matter we lost. Before this we'd conceded about 17 goals all season. Calm down.

Are you here? It's been a horror.

RedHibby
I think the players look tired. Too many games in a short space of time.

Crammond Hibee
Hanlon and Bartley should have started

Bartley top man the last few weeks
He should have started !!!!!!!!!!

nickwhibs

Fair enough. Maybe I'm just in shock.

One Day Soon
24-02-2016, 08:36 PM
It's pretty bad. Should have been 4 by now and we look just as clueless up top as well as at the back.

'up there with one of our worst defeats'? Sorry but no. 36 years of watching them and this wouldn't even make top ten.

JeMeSouviens
Fighting on too many fronts? The cup games have been great but ...

Mikey09
Well what do you expect? Luckily I couldn't make it tonight, but going by the commentary and what I've saw on periscope it's been utter Tom kite, barring the first 15

Watched football long enough to know results such as these happen from time to time. It's not acceptable but some of the over reactions by some are just as piss poor as the actual result. Cue the Thomson, Cummings, Stokes, Oxely threads ripping them to bits. Oh... And from the usual suspects.

Crammond Hibee
24-02-2016, 08:37 PM

And Hanlon of course

Gatecrasher
:agree: Some won't like to admit it but the league is over the best we can do is ensure second place and get a strong finish in the play offs and the cup final. Still a lot of important games to come.

Ronniekirk
From what I have seen on periscope ithey seem to have wanted it more than us ,but as kept losing broadcast maybe that's unfair but we really seemed disjointed and little fluency and the lack of a front pairing is a slight concern for me
But we were going to loose a game at some point it's the manner we have lost at home that is slight disappointment .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SeanWilson
'up there with one of our worst defeats'? Sorry but no. 36 years of watching them and this wouldn't even make top ten.

I didn't agree with him, I said it's pretty bad... I could have been watching hibs for 141 years and it'd be 'pretty bad'.

SkintHibby
I think the players look tired. Too many games in a short space of time.

Try my job. Running about a football pitch twice a week is a holiday in the sun compared to what I do.

NO EXCUSES.

pennyhibee
Sore one but let's not forget what they've done this season so far

Mikey09
24-02-2016, 08:38 PM
It's a kick in the baws not a bullet in the head. GGTTH. we march on.

Very effectively summed up...

Craig_in_Prague
24-02-2016, 08:39 PM

Agreed.
He's not played that much this season so I'm sure would have strolled the game once more.
Some of the players back tracking tonight was pitiful. Very poor.
If Stubbs thought this was close to his strongest starting 11, maybe he'll think again.

J-C
Listening while working, was it as bad as it sounded, seems like we were bloody awful up front and just as bad at the back.

jabis

Well at least it keeps you happy.

One Day Soon
I didn't agree with him, I said it's pretty bad... I could have been watching hibs for 141 years and it'd be 'pretty bad'.

The Alex Miller years - now that was 'pretty bad', just about every week.

Pretty Boy
Where Boyle and Carmichael injured? Apologies if already discussed but mystifying dropping them out altogether if not.

FraserHFC
24-02-2016, 08:40 PM
We deserved nothing tonight after missing our early chances and losing such cheap goals.

Morton done all they could albeit through some underhand tactics. That said we should be able to expect and overcome this

Maybe the result a slight arrogance from Stubbs thinking he can make wholesale changes and this has transmitted through to the team?

SeanWilson
Listening while working, was it as bad as it sounded, seems like we were bloody awful up front and just as bad at the back.

Just really rushed it after we lost the goal. Very wide open to counter (expected) and really didn't look like we could score a goal in a month of Sunday's.... Hey ho.

et_hibby
Where Boyle and Carmichael injured? Apologies if already discussed but mystifying dropping them out altogether if not.
Boyle ill.

Dobosz83
I had a horrible feeling about tonight. The player have looked leggy and lethargic in a few games recently, especially in the Derby last Tuesday. It's been a case of 'when' will we lose a game for me and tonight it was.

Playoffs it is now. 8 points is far too much to claw back. A league cup win and promotion via the playoffs... That's the goal. And each and every one of us would have taken that at the start of the season.

Lessons to be learned tonight. Missed Hanlon massively.

SkintHibby
24-02-2016, 08:41 PM
The Alex Miller years - now that was 'pretty bad', just about every week.

But at least back then we were in the right league.

CL0762
24-02-2016, 08:42 PM

Boyle was ill, Carmichael 'rested'.

Resting someone who played his first game back after so long out.. When what he needs is games to get his fitness up.

Stubbs has cocked up tonight big time tonight.

Captain Trips
I understand we will have tough games and tonight I could accept losing by the odd goal but 0-3 at home to Morton is not on.

Sorry players but this isn't on tonight.

Ronniekirk

Boyle not well Carmichael rested

rcarter1
24-02-2016, 08:43 PM
The league was not well gone. Win tonight and were 1 slip up from the Huns away from having it in our hands.

This is a nightmare of a result

It is a crap result, no question. But its done now, the title talk will be put aside, and the management will need to work with the players to focus on the big objectives. Rangers might take the foot off the gas and have a slip themselves. Priority one is making sure we are in 2nd place for the play offs.

What we need to improve is our goal scoring rate - without becoming porous at the back. Its been the one gripe Ive had all season, in spite of the lashings of success we have had so far. I very rarely like to bring an individual player into it, but on the basis of what we know he can do…..

Stokes!!!! You are heading nowhere fast at this rate. Do you want to play at a high level or are you a spent force?

One Day Soon
24-02-2016, 08:44 PM
I suspect we've just blown two out of three promotion options tonight - automatic promotion and league reconstruction. The Rangers look safe now so the hierarchy will be much less fussed about rigging the system to get them up.

The play-offs are still there but they are the roulette route to promotion. Any team can make it - even a weaker side that gets the breaks.

J-C
Carmichael rested ffs he's played 1 game, ****ing shocking.

One Day Soon
But at least back then we were in the right league.

It was pretty hard to tell most games.

SeanWilson
It is a crap result, no question. But its done now, the title talk will be put aside, and the management will need to work with the players to focus on the big objectives. Rangers might take the foot off the gas and have a slip themselves. Priority one is making sure we are in 2nd place for the play offs.

What we need to improve is our goal scoring rate - without becoming porous at the back. Its been the one gripe Ive had all season, in spite of the lashings of success we have had so far. I very rarely like to bring an individual player into it, but on the basis of what we know he can do…..

Stokes!!!! You are heading nowhere fast at this rate. Do you want to play at a high level or are you a spent force?

Harsh on stokes, his off the ball movement is superb just isn't clicking.... Didn't click for anyone tonight so singling him out is not helping anyone.

Hibs90
24-02-2016, 08:45 PM
Funny thing is the Huns are gonna go drop points now you just know it. This is the night the league was lost.

Hibbykk
24-02-2016, 08:46 PM
Surely he's right[ how can this team dip to this level.
do they want to get to the premiership or not ?

Pretty Boy
24-02-2016, 08:46 PM
I suspect we've just blown two out of three promotion options tonight - automatic promotion and league reconstruction. The Rangers look safe now so the hierarchy will be much less fussed about rigging the system to get them up.

The play-offs are still there but they are the roulette route to promotion. Any team can make it - even a weaker side that gets the breaks.

Leagues almost certainly gone now.

We need Rangers to lose 3 games whilst we win every game. If we drop points we need them to lose a 4th. Just don't see that happening. Tonight was a must win as far as automatic promotion goes imo.

TheGreenMan
24-02-2016, 08:47 PM
Can only be an attitude thing a result like that. Maybe got to the point of thinking we can just turn up and a result will happen. Not like us this season. Can't see The Huns losing 3 games now without us dropping anymore points.

2 cups and a playoff win will have to do

Captain Trips
24-02-2016, 08:49 PM
Funny thing is the Huns are gonna go drop points now you just know it. This is the night the league was lost.

If we lose league it's tonight, away to Dumbarton away to Rangers twice is why we lose it.

Del Boy
24-02-2016, 08:51 PM
These things happen, not too gutted.

But have to say 3-0 at home to Morton is our worst result for a few years domestically anyway (Malmo was worse).

Stokes was terrible!

Lago
24-02-2016, 08:51 PM
The league has certainly gone and the players need to buckle down because promotion is a must, I feel there have been too many back slapping pieces in the pappers lately and too much talk about certain players being transfer targets for bigger and better clubs. This is a reality check, but having supported Hibs for over 40 years there have been many reality checks over the years and unfortunately many have been ignored.

dmc1875
24-02-2016, 08:52 PM
You cannot leave Paul Hanlon out of the defence. Simple.

truehibernian
24-02-2016, 08:52 PM

That team tonight should have been enough to win PB - sorry but tonight isn't acceptable in the slightest especially after Stubbs's comments after Livingston. To remind folk, that was an understrength Morton tonight !!!

Players at this stage need to be out the traps every game, killing teams off and being clinical - far far too tippy tappy, narrow and slow. Concentration levels need improved too. It's abundantly clear the Final is on their mind - Young side and a trophy is a game away - their focus is gone in the last few league games and we've rode luck.

As for Stubbs writing off Falkirk tonight - face palm moment. Another season in this league - no thanks.

SkintHibby
24-02-2016, 08:53 PM
If there are two schizo teams in this league it's Hibs and Morton. We met them tonight when they were flying and we were absolutely honking.

Football is a funny old game you know!

Hibbyhaz
24-02-2016, 08:54 PM
Think we missed Boyle and Carmichael. Maybe Stubbs should give Virtanen a chance in the next game. I can't imagine Oxleys confidence will be high after tonight, there's a chance he could be nervy and we could do without that. We were unlucky regarding some early missed chances, but we seem to do that every week, tonight was the first time in a while that the opposition took their few chances and were clinical to be fair.:brickwall

Ronniekirk
24-02-2016, 08:55 PM
That team tonight should have been enough to win PB - sorry but tonight isn't acceptable in the slightest especially after Stubbs's comments after Livingston. To remind folk, that was an understrength Morton tonight !!!

Players at this stage need to be out the traps every game, killing teams off and being clinical - far far too tippy tappy, narrow and slow. Concentration levels need improved too. It's abundantly clear the Final is on their mind - Young side and a trophy is a game away - their focus is gone in the last few league games and we've rode luck.

As for Stubbs writing off Falkirk tonight - face palm moment. Another season in this league - no thanks.

What did Stubbs say re writing Falkirk off Didn't hear it but doesn't sound the sort of thing he would do

Hibbyhaz
24-02-2016, 08:56 PM
What did Stubbs say re writing Falkirk off Didn't hear it but doesn't sound the sort of thing he would do

Said they were too far behind us

SkintHibby
24-02-2016, 08:58 PM
If someone asked me knock the Hearts out the Scottish Cup or be pumped 3-0 by Morton at home I know what I would choose!

truehibernian
24-02-2016, 08:58 PM
Think we missed Boyle and Carmichael. Maybe Stubbs should give Virtanen a chance in the next game. I can't imagine Oxleys confidence will be high after tonight, there's a chance he could be nervy and we could do without that. We were unlucky regarding some early missed chances, but we seem to do that every week, tonight was the first time in a while that the opposition took their few chances and were clinical to be fair.:brickwall

I'd like Ox to spend the week practicing kicking a dead ball and keeping it 1) in the field of play and 2) maybe finding a Hibs player. His concentration levels are poor and need honed - he wasn't the reason we lost though, the rest of the side were equally at fault.

greenpaper55
24-02-2016, 08:59 PM
Five points ahead of Falkirk, if we maintain that then it's a double header we miss out on against Raith, it's a bit of a slog but we have the squad to do it or i thought so until tonight !.

theonlywayisup
24-02-2016, 09:01 PM
There are currently 2018 users browsing this thread. (419 members and 1599 guests)

And your point is!!!

I really hate his constant assumption that all guests are Yams etc. Listen, I only log in to post, then I log off. I frequently come here to look and read without ever logging in. I know many Hibs fans do the same.

Lomondhibs
Cups are bonus we need out this league we will win nowt if we don't buck up

Kato
Boyle was ill, Carmichael 'rested'.

Resting someone who played his first game back after so long out.. When what he needs is games to get his fitness up.

Stubbs has cocked up tonight big time tonight.

Dd you ever think that two games in rapid succession is inadvisable for a player coming back from injury?

Crammond Hibee
24-02-2016, 09:02 PM
You cannot leave Paul Hanlon out of the defence. Simple.

I don't get that
Surely must be carrying an injury
He's the most consistent player this season

blackpoolhibs
24-02-2016, 09:03 PM
Bizarre eh, duff Jimmy, the man who put the erse in ersehole as far as Hibs are concerned.

Every dog has its day and you can normally rely on us to give them it. One to forget and move on, play offs it is.

Lets hope another ex manager does not do similar at Hampden.

Bostonhibby
I'd like Ox to spend the week practicing kicking a dead ball and keeping it 1) in the field of play and 2) maybe finding a Hibs player. His concentration levels are poor and need honed - he wasn't the reason we lost though, the rest of the side were equally at fault.

Rightly or wrongly we have been resting players and giving others a run out etc, I am wondering if now is the time to test the strength in depth we have on the goalkeeping front?

Ronniekirk
Said they were too far behind us

Oh well that will be used to motivate them They won't get second but thier is a chance we will have to play them in play offs

Tonight is a clear reminder that we don't have the strength in depth to chop and change .
Is that the first home game this season we haven't scored in ?

Dalianwanda
Of course we have the squad, look at what we have done so far...A bit of a reality check in terms of we can't let standards slip but standards have been pretty high from the performances so far..A few calming breathes required..**** result though...

We were all happy enough with the resting of players after the result on Sunday....Now the players know nothing but 100% focus and execution is required..

jabis

Okay,that's the manager and goalie out the way,only ten to go.
On you go,truehibernian.

blackpoolhibs
24-02-2016, 09:07 PM
Well at least it keeps you happy.

Aye over the moon.:idiot:

speedy_gonzales
24-02-2016, 09:10 PM
I blame Maureen!

truehibernian
24-02-2016, 09:10 PM
Okay,that's the manager and goalie out the way,only ten to go.
On you go,truehibernian.

We've failed to beat Falkirk, Livingston and Morton - you happy ?

Cup wins are great, another season in this league will be costly in many ways - focus should be on these games and a 3-0 loss at home to Morton where we never looked truly dangerous is frankly embarrassing especially after the verve and tempo we played in the cup games.

jnr_hibee
24-02-2016, 09:11 PM
I don't get that
Surely must be carrying an injury
He's the most consistent player this season

I can confirm he was 'rested'. No injury and would expect him to start on Saturday, totally agree been our player of the season.

rcarter1
24-02-2016, 09:11 PM
Harsh on stokes, his off the ball movement is superb just isn't clicking.... Didn't click for anyone tonight so singling him out is not helping anyone.

The reason I am singling him out, is that he has played at a much higher standard to anything he has shown us since he arrived this time. In short he's good enough and experienced enough to take a bit of stick. For me he was one of the poorer performers vs Hearts, and hasn't really shown anything of his talent since getting here. All I would ask Stokes is; Is this all you got? If it is then he is unlikely to play at a higher level again. My impression was that he is trying to play his way back into the Celtic team. Surely he can't believe that he is achieving that? If its a little harsh, its only because he has about 3 more gears to get through before he is the player I remember watching. And in his defence, it may take a good few more weeks to get back to that level.

Im thinking, Play Off finals, LC Cup Finals, (and SC Finals…. :greengrin)

jabis
24-02-2016, 09:12 PM
Aye over the moon.:idiot:

Aye fair play.

Less of the idiot please.

Alex Trager
24-02-2016, 09:13 PM

You said.

It lacking pace and width massively.

Boyle and Carmichael were missed.

Thecat23
24-02-2016, 09:13 PM
Just back and few things left me baffled.

Why was Boyle not involved after scoring two at the w'end?

Surely Stubbs knew that wee No.18 I think it was was rapid and had Morton watched? If so Boyle could have helped back track and he was ripping out boys to bits with his pace.

Why did we start with KT and not big Marv? The play slows down and goes through him far to much when we need to just be direct and Marv is happy to sit in and help out rather than always want the ball like KT.

Is Dylan and Gray fit? I'm not sure either are to be honest.

Finally, how the **** did we lose 0-3 when the first 20 mins should have been 3-0 up ourselves. Oxley as well needs to look at his part in this he was very poor.

CallumLaidlaw
24-02-2016, 09:15 PM
Just back and few things left me baffled.

Why was Boyle not involved after scoring two at the w'end?

Surely Stubbs knew that wee No.18 I think it was was rapid and had Morton watched? If so Boyle could have helped back track and he was ripping out boys to bits with his pace.

Why did we start with KT and not big Marv? The play slows down and goes through him far to much when we need to just be direct and Marv is happy to sit in and help out rather than always want the ball like KT.

Is Dylan and Gray fit? I'm not sure either are to be honest.

Finally, how the **** did we lose 0-3 when the first 20 mins should have been 3-0 up ourselves. Oxley as well needs to look at his part in this he was very poor.

Boyle was ill and missed training yesterday mate.

jabis
24-02-2016, 09:17 PM
We've failed to beat Falkirk, Livingston and Morton - you happy ?

Cup wins are great, another season in this league will be costly in many ways - focus should be on these games and a 3-0 loss at home to Morton where we never looked truly dangerous is frankly embarrassing especially after the verve and tempo we played in the cup games.

Please stop wetting your pants.
We've gone through a great run,drawing with hearts,beating them in the replay.
Quarter finals in the Scottish,eight points behind servo and eleven games left!

Bring it on🍺🐇

Thecat23
24-02-2016, 09:17 PM
Boyle was ill and missed training yesterday mate.

Thanks Callum, explains why he wasn't in the squad then. Badly missed him I thought.

Onion
24-02-2016, 09:23 PM
Just back. This was a game that was bound to happen sometime, no luck, poor finishing, poor ref decisions and opposition could do no wrong. Had JC scored with that header, had the ref given the pen, this would have been a very different result.

Looks very much like we'll have to settle for the POs.

The key now is for Stubbs and this team to ensure we don't have another day or night like tonight with some huge games coming up.

truehibernian
24-02-2016, 09:24 PM
Please stop wetting your pants.
We've gone through a great run,drawing with hearts,beating them in the replay.
Quarter finals in the Scottish,eight points behind servo and eleven games left!

Bring it on🍺🐇

Definitely not wetting pants.

Ross County are a good side, play with pace and are a very difficult opponent in the final.

Caley are physical, strong at set pieces and have a strong midfield.

The team right now are raising their levels for the cups - I'd prefer they raise levels in this league and put pressure on The Rangers. We're making it easier for them.

Ronniekirk
24-02-2016, 09:30 PM
You said.

It lacking pace and width massively.

Boyle and Carmichael were missed.

They haven't played much this season and we had been on a good run without them .
Agree they played well at weekend and were hungry and looking to impress so in that sense they were a loss .
Morton pressed us higher up the pitch as game went on and we didn't seem comfortable
If Mcgeoch has gone off injured again as someone mentioned then it's he isn't going to be able to put a run of games together which would be a blow at this stage given games coming up
Also worth saying McGinn and Henderson are young players and thier form will dip But on form they are key players

steakbake
24-02-2016, 09:31 PM
What's important is not this match but how we respond in the next one. Some folks are going a bit over the top with the angst.

Alex Trager
24-02-2016, 09:31 PM
They haven't played much this season and we had been on a good run without them .
Agree they played well at weekend and were hungry and looking to impress so in that sense they were a loss .
Morton pressed us higher up the pitch as game went on and we didn't seem comfortable
If Mcgeoch has gone off injured again as someone mentioned then it's he isn't going to be able to put a run of games together which would be a blow at this stage given games coming up
Also worth saying McGinn and Henderson are young players and thier form will dip But on form they are key players

I think pace is needed against the teams that will sit deep.

See Alloa at the weekend. We tore them apart with pace. We need it.

Leithenhibby
24-02-2016, 09:33 PM
What's important is not this match but how we respond in the next one. Some folks are going a bit over the top with the angst.

:agree: 100%

Dust down and move on, it's happened.

AlbertK86
24-02-2016, 09:42 PM
:agree: 100% Dust down and move on, it's happened.

Spot on

Keep the faith

emerald green
24-02-2016, 10:03 PM
The most gut wrenching aspect of tonight's very poor performance, and result, was that the Huns have almost certainly been handed the Championship on a plate without having to really fight for it. No way are they going to chuck away an eight point lead now. It's just not realistic to think that's going to happen.

Twice in a few weeks Hibs have failed to win league matches when it really mattered as far as clawing back the Huns lead is concerned - two points against Livingston and three more at home tonight.

I'm at a loss to explain that performance tonight. Quite a few of the Hibs players had been rested on Sunday. Morton meanwhile were beaten at home by Falkirk on Saturday.

It's an old football cliche, but when a team fails to take its chances in front of goal it usually gets punished. That happened to Hibs tonight.

Although Oxley was badly at fault with Morton's second goal, he saved what looked like a certain goal from a header in the first half.

I'm scrambling around for reasons / excuses here, but if the referee had given a penalty at 0-1 it might have ended in a very different result. Instead, Morton go up the other end shortly after IIRC and it's 0-2 and game over.

Such a downer tonight so soon after knocking Hearts out of the cup.

Hibernia&Alba
24-02-2016, 10:19 PM
Well, we didn't see that coming. Poor performance and well beaten; we haven't had cause to say that often this season. It's going to be difficult to make up eight points on Rangers now, but we'll keep going and see what happens.

Onto the next yin.

Nicho87
24-02-2016, 10:20 PM
Why was carmichael not in the 18?

hibee_girl
24-02-2016, 10:21 PM
Why was carmichael not in the 18?

Hibs twitter feed said he was rested

Nicho87
24-02-2016, 10:23 PM
Hibs twitter feed said he was rested

Cheers, l missed that.

Glorious St Pat
24-02-2016, 10:25 PM

Tonight was when the title challenge ended. Play- offs it is and the inevitable lottery that they can be. Not acceptable tonight. 3-0 against Morton is never acceptable.

Glorious St Pat
24-02-2016, 10:26 PM
Well, we didn't see that coming. Poor performance and well beaten; we haven't had cause to say that often this season. It's going to be difficult to make up eight points on Rangers now, but we'll keep going and see what happens.

Onto the next yin.

Love your optimism but really cannot see it now.

cabbageandribs1875
24-02-2016, 10:58 PM
so...places for the play-off's hotting up for the last place

No movement2
Hibernian (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hibernian)

No movement3
Falkirk (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/falkirk)

No movement4
Raith Rovers (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/raith-rovers)

Moving up5
Morton (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/greenock-morton)

Moving down6
Queen of Sth (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queen-of-the-south)

No movement7
St Mirren (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/st-mirren)

this sat has us @ Dumbarton
Falkirk v Q.o.S
Raith Rovers v Morton

Heisenberg
24-02-2016, 10:59 PM
The league is over. Sevco wont get rattled three zip by the likes of Morton. We had to win tonight and didn't. We've been decent this season but it still won't be enough to win the league. Winning the playoffs is a must.

Biggie
24-02-2016, 11:08 PM
The most gut wrenching aspect of tonight's very poor performance, and result, was that the Huns have almost certainly been handed the Championship on a plate without having to really fight for it. No way are they going to chuck away an eight point lead now. It's just not realistic to think that's going to happen.

Twice in a few weeks Hibs have failed to win league matches when it really mattered as far as clawing back the Huns lead is concerned - two points against Livingston and three more at home tonight.

I'm at a loss to explain that performance tonight. Quite a few of the Hibs players had been rested on Sunday. Morton meanwhile were beaten at home by Falkirk on Saturday.

It's an old football cliche, but when a team fails to take its chances in front of goal it usually gets punished. That happened to Hibs tonight.

Although Oxley was badly at fault with Morton's second goal, he saved what looked like a certain goal from a header in the first half.

I'm scrambling around for reasons / excuses here, but if the referee had given a penalty at 0-1 it might have ended in a very different result. Instead, Morton go up the other end shortly after IIRC and it's 0-2 and game over.

Such a downer tonight so soon after knocking Hearts out of the cup.

The league is over. Sevco wont get rattled three zip by the likes of Morton. We had to win tonight and didn't. We've been decent this season but it still won't be enough to win the league. Winning the playoffs is a must.
Agree mate......started off very flat and missed some great chances, not ideal.
Even for the fans it was all a bit "after the Lord Mayors show"..........from rocking last week, to shocking this week !

blackpoolhibs
25-02-2016, 07:23 AM
Aye fair play.

Less of the idiot please.

The idiot smiley was very apt for my reply, only an idiot would think ANY Hibs fan was happy after that result. :rolleyes:

Yorkshire HFC
25-02-2016, 07:29 AM
Bummer

jabis
25-02-2016, 08:22 AM
The idiot smiley was very apt for my reply, only an idiot would think ANY Hibs fan was happy after that result. :rolleyes:

Yeah,well you just hitch up your petticoat and jog on.
You have plenty previous, when hibs have a downer,of winding people up,sort of like a mini-troll.
Anyway I'm out of this thread,bye

blackpoolhibs
25-02-2016, 08:26 AM
Yeah,well you just hitch up your petticoat and jog on.
You have plenty previous, when hibs have a downer,of winding people up,sort of like a mini-troll.
Anyway I'm out of this thread,bye

:hahaha: :clown:

Lago
25-02-2016, 12:19 PM
[QUOTjustacklhibs;4598396]:hahaha: :clown:[/QUOTE]

You just can't help your self.