PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Crawford

The Harp Awakes
23-02-2016, 10:12 PM
Apologies if it's been mentioned elsewhere but I noticed at the end of the derby at Easter Road last Tuesday, that Stevie Crawford stayed on the pitch all the way through the rowsing rendition of Sunshine on Leith and shook the hands of the Hibs players as they came of the pitch.

Maybe still a wee bit of a Hibee in Stevie:shhhsh!:

cabbageandribs1875
23-02-2016, 10:14 PM
or maybe not yet been initiated into the 'yi have to hate hibs to appease the hertz fans' club...Levien will be on the case

et_hibby
23-02-2016, 10:15 PM
Apologies if it's been mentioned elsewhere but I noticed at the end of the derby at Easter Road last Tuesday, that Stevie Crawford stayed on the pitch all the way through the rowsing rendition of Sunshine on Leith and shook the hands of the Hibs players as they came of the pitch.

Maybe still a wee bit of a Hibee in Stevie:shhhsh!:

Well spotted!

Greencore
23-02-2016, 10:32 PM
He is mentioned in one of our songs on the Hibernian cd...

Still a hertz pr*** though.

Shrekko
23-02-2016, 10:46 PM
He loved his time at Hibs.

Diclonius
23-02-2016, 10:53 PM
Didn't even know he was their assistant, that totally passed me by.

eastmainsmsh
24-02-2016, 05:33 AM
Was a cracking player in a poor hibs side

Just Jimmy
24-02-2016, 09:42 AM
Stevie 5 sitters

QMU-1875
24-02-2016, 09:50 AM
I'm sure I read somewhere he's a hibee

The_Exile
24-02-2016, 10:00 AM
Quite liked Stevie Crawford but he was more a Dunfermline stalwart than a player who gave me any notable memories, how the hell he won 25 Scotland caps though I'll never know, we were clearly struggling during that spell :greengrin

Lago
24-02-2016, 11:11 AM
He loved his time at Hibs.
I loved his time at Hibs.

bigwheel
24-02-2016, 11:26 AM
He was top scorer in his two full seasons at Hibs - mind you only 9 goals in the season we were relegated , and 15 the next season we came back up....during the next season he was already out on loan to Dunfermline before making the move permanent. So quite a short career overall..circa 70 games.

Smartie
24-02-2016, 11:38 AM
I loved his time at Hibs.

I really didn't love his first season, not that that was his fault really.

The rest of it was pretty good.

The last Hibs player to be linked with a Scotland cap whilst playing in the First Division iirc following a very impressive hat-trick at Ayr.

overdrive
24-02-2016, 12:22 PM
I really didn't love his first season, not that that was his fault really.

The rest of it was pretty good.

The last Hibs player to be linked with a Scotland cap whilst playing in the First Division iirc following a very impressive hat-trick at Ayr.

No - but selling Darren Jackson and replacing him with a player like Stevie Crawford didn't help.

Smartie
24-02-2016, 03:09 PM
No - but selling Darren Jackson and replacing him with a player like Stevie Crawford didn't help.

It didn't, but Stevie Crawford was a lot closer to the required standard than some of our other shoddy replacements.

Jackson was excellent but wanted to go, not much we could have done about that.

Why did Gordon Hunter go? Whose idea was it to replace Jim Leighton with Ollie the Goalie? FFS who in their right mind ever thought that David Elliot, Jamie McQuilken, Paul Tosh or Lee Power were Hibs players? (I'm tempting fate here - the baldy clown who made all these calls will be in the away team dugout at Easter Road tonight with his stuffy, hard to beat team).

When chances were created for Crawford he got goals. He also came back and did the business against us for a few different clubs.

Allant1981
24-02-2016, 04:42 PM
I didnt mind crawford when he was with us, not the best but certainly not the worst striker we have had

Robinho08
24-02-2016, 04:48 PM
It didn't, but Stevie Crawford was a lot closer to the required standard than some of our other shoddy replacements.

Jackson was excellent but wanted to go, not much we could have done about that.

Why did Gordon Hunter go? Whose idea was it to replace Jim Leighton with Ollie the Goalie? FFS who in their right mind ever thought that David Elliot, Jamie McQuilken, Paul Tosh or Lee Power were Hibs players? (I'm tempting fate here - the baldy clown who made all these calls will be in the away team dugout at Easter Road tonight with his stuffy, hard to beat team).

I seem to remember Jim Leighton being emptied by Duff Jim whilst at Dundee. Hence why he left Hibs.

Quite liked Stevie Crawford back in the day myself.