PDA

View Full Version : preston

Ronster117
23-02-2016, 07:32 PM
Alan Preston said he wil sell his house if Hibs win the quadruple...... What a plank.....
We aren't thinking of trebles or quadruples. One game at a time and see where it takes us.

matty_f
23-02-2016, 07:34 PM
What's he on about? What quadruple can we win?

derek0762
23-02-2016, 07:35 PM
How the **** can we win a quadruple, we are only still in 3 comps, the guy is a yam roaster

Ronster117
23-02-2016, 07:36 PM
What's he on about? What quadruple can we win?
He was on about us winning the league cup twice in 2016, Scottish cup and league

derek0762
23-02-2016, 07:37 PM
Shows how much of a phanny he is!

matty_f
23-02-2016, 07:37 PM
He was on about us winning the league cup twice in 2016, Scottish cup and league

I'll sell my house if we do that an' aw.

PISTOL1875
23-02-2016, 07:38 PM
Alan Preston is a welt.. Nuff said...

keep the faith

League cup twice in 2016??

GreenArmyyy!

I wouldn't bother selling! I'll just donate it to charity and live in a box!

monktonharp
23-02-2016, 07:39 PM
Alan Preston said he wil sell his house if Hibs win the quadruple...... What a plank.....
We aren't thinking of trebles or quadruples. One game at a time and see where it takes us.I cant really say on here, but I know what I'd like to do with his house.

DH1875

Tell you what, I'll sell my house as well if we pull that off :thumbsup:

bingo70

Final to be in November next season

Ronster117
23-02-2016, 07:40 PM
Next seasons cup final will be in 2016

Ronster117
23-02-2016, 07:47 PM
Talking about quadruples cos they think of it and then saying all the hibs fans are saying it.......roaster

monktonharp
23-02-2016, 07:47 PM
I cant listen to 1 minute of that plum, but can anyone recall any on his comments or excuses about his beloved team on the replay game?

Wilson
23-02-2016, 07:51 PM
I thought this would be a thread about North End. Turns out it was about bellend.

Sir David Gray
23-02-2016, 07:51 PM

So would I.

I wouldn't need a house as I would most likely be dead.

Pretty Boy
23-02-2016, 07:52 PM
'Sell his house'

What does he even mean by that? I'll sell my house at market value if Hibs win a quadruple, that not one single fan I have encountered has even mentioned, and buy another one of the profit.

Did he mean he'd put his mortgage on is not winning it and just made a tit of himself as usual.

Aldo
23-02-2016, 07:53 PM
Typical 'Yamonomics'

What a plum or should I say grade a yam roaster fud!

Michael
23-02-2016, 07:57 PM
What does that even mean? He'll "sell" his house?

What if we "only" win the double? Will he part exchange his car???

tamig
23-02-2016, 07:59 PM
Thought he was actually quite complimentary about us tonight.

bawheid
23-02-2016, 08:03 PM
It's simple yamonomics people. He doesn't actually own his house. But he'll sell it and keep the profits anyway. It's the Hearts way.

Ronster117
23-02-2016, 08:06 PM
It's simple yamonomics people. He doesn't actually own his house. But he'll sell it and keep the profits anyway. It's the Hearts way.
:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Michael
23-02-2016, 08:06 PM

I believe that's called a "mortgage". :wink:

Edit: probably a whoosh moment. I'm out.

Thecat23
23-02-2016, 08:07 PM
Do the new owners get to keep the helium that's clearly filled the house?

Gmack7
23-02-2016, 08:08 PM
Is he an agent, connected to Cummings?

GreensesArab
23-02-2016, 08:29 PM

Duly noted! If you find yourself destitute come November, you can always move in with me and Lollza! xx

BoomtownHibees
23-02-2016, 08:32 PM
I normally can't stand him but he was pretty complimentary about us. When talking about the "quadruple" it was said that he would "need to sell his house" if that happens. Just a bit of banter tbf

Bowtow
23-02-2016, 08:35 PM
Thought he was being clever, insinuating and sarcastically saying that Hibs fans are saying we are going to win 4 trophies this year.
What a fool if he believes any Hibs actually really thinks that.

paddy1875
23-02-2016, 08:39 PM
We are aren't we?

Positive mental attitude as my old man would say

johnbc70
23-02-2016, 08:46 PM
Strange thing to say from a strange man.

Hibbyradge
23-02-2016, 08:48 PM
Strange thing to say from a strange man.

Very strange.

On both counts.

hibees 7062
23-02-2016, 08:58 PM
hertz dick

Ronster117
23-02-2016, 09:14 PM
Thought he was being clever, insinuating and sarcastically saying that Hibs fans are saying we are going to win 4 trophies this year.
What a fool if he believes any Hibs actually really thinks that.
Guy is a total welt, no one cares about his opinion .... Just his smug arrogance that gets on ma tilts ...:flag:

ALF TUPPER
23-02-2016, 09:58 PM
He and the rest of the comedy club at Sportsounf were saying that Hibs supporters were talking about a quadruple?
What a shower of ar$es

matty_f
23-02-2016, 10:01 PM
Duly noted! If you find yourself destitute come November, you can always move in with me and Lollza! xx

:greengrin I've got that in writing now!

Jim44
23-02-2016, 10:06 PM
'Sell his house'

What does he even mean by that? I'll sell my house at market value if Hibs win a quadruple, that not one single fan I have encountered has even mentioned, and buy another one of the profit.

Did he mean he'd put his mortgage on is not winning it and just made a tit of himself as usual.

I think it was just his typically inarticulate way of saying 'I'll eat my hat if Hibs ........ '.

portycabbage
23-02-2016, 10:14 PM
Think Alan Preston's house is actually in Leith, which would explain why he'd want to sell it!

Sammy7nil
23-02-2016, 10:24 PM
We aren't thinking of trebles or quadruples. One game at a time and see where it takes us.

I will buy his house should we win the quad financed by a tenner at Billy. Hills :greengrin

Captain Trips
23-02-2016, 11:31 PM
So if Hibs win all this he is going to sell his house, so put it on market and wait until gets acceptable offer then sells it. And your point is Preston?

If Hibs win the treble I will go to Asda and get my weekly shopping in.

cabbageandribs1875
23-02-2016, 11:36 PM
i'l sell my house if hertz do the double this season

Col2
23-02-2016, 11:55 PM
He was saying it as a joke, not a funny one but just a joke and suggesting he would need to hide. All good natured and to be honest can you believe we are talking about the possibility of success in multiple competitions.

At the end of the day, we must see this through and make a success of this season. If we fail, it will be down to us and nobody else and the likes of Preston, Richard Gordon etc will be lining up to chuckle at our failure.

CallumLaidlaw
24-02-2016, 12:08 AM
So would I.

I wouldn't need a house as I would most likely be dead.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji106]

Brizo
24-02-2016, 07:07 AM
I don't know any Hibs fan who has talked about a quadruple. Preston is an inarticulate partisan buffoon who is at the wind up. In the dumbed down world of BBC Radio Scotland football punditry Preston takes the dumbing down process to a whole new level.

I'm_cabbaged
24-02-2016, 07:09 AM
Preston's a knob who is best ignored. Christ knows how he has a job as a pundit, he should be on cbbc with his hand a puppet and his squeaky voice shouting "chance!!!" every two seconds, prick.

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2016, 07:28 AM
Sounds like this is another case of someone hearing what they want to hear then loads of others who weren't listening jumping on and making it sound worse?

Onion
24-02-2016, 07:56 AM
Preston is, always has been, and always will be an arse who is best ignored. The majority of the media in Scotland despise Hibs and will LOVE IT when we inevitably collapse in a sorry heap at the sharp end of the season.

All their "Treble" talk, coverage of Sunshine on Leith, John McGinn, Alan Stubbs, nice football, better squad than The Rangers, JC off to the England blah blah blah is simply their way of building pressure, increasing our chances of failure and their enjoyment when we ultimately FAIL. And if somehow we manage to scrape a Cup or promotion, we're guaranteed to have the squad and management team scattered to the four winds as punishment for our audacity.

steakbake
24-02-2016, 08:23 AM
Preston is, always has been, and always will be an arse who is best ignored. The majority of the media in Scotland despise Hibs and will LOVE IT when we inevitably collapse in a sorry heap at the sharp end of the season.

All their "Treble" talk, coverage of Sunshine on Leith, John McGinn, Alan Stubbs, nice football, better squad than The Rangers, JC off to the England blah blah blah is simply their way of building pressure, increasing our chances of failure and their enjoyment when we ultimately FAIL. And if somehow we manage to scrape a Cup or promotion, we're guaranteed to have the squad and management team scattered to the four winds as punishment for our audacity.

I'm sensing you're a glass half empty sort of a guy...?

matty_f
24-02-2016, 08:25 AM
Sounds like this is another case of someone hearing what they want to hear then loads of others who weren't listening jumping on and making it sound worse?

:greengrin That wouldn't happen on here!

greenlex
24-02-2016, 08:33 AM
Pundits talking about how well hibs were doing. Gordon was chatting to Preston about clinching a trophy to two maybe three. Preston piped up with the quadruple that some Hibs fans were winding him up about. He said if it happened he would " have " to sell his house. Nothing to see here. Just idle chat.

easty
24-02-2016, 09:01 AM
We are aren't we?

Positive mental attitude as my old man would say

Is your dad Chris Akabusi?

portycabbage
24-02-2016, 09:21 AM
is your dad chris akabusi?

awooogaaah!

heretoday
24-02-2016, 09:23 AM
Preston's working for Hibs. He's keeping us keen!

lapsedhibee
24-02-2016, 09:49 AM
'Sell his house'

Did he mean he'd put his mortgage on us not winning it and just made a tit of himself as usual.

He meant 'move house'. Yams don't have the concept 'mortgage' as that involves owing and repaying money to other people.

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2016, 09:54 AM
Is your dad Chris Akabusi?

John Fashanu?

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2016, 09:55 AM
Pundits talking about how well hibs were doing. Gordon was chatting to Preston about clinching a trophy to two maybe three. Preston piped up with the quadruple that some Hibs fans were winding him up about. He said if it happened he would " have " to sell his house. Nothing to see here. Just idle chat.

I never heard it but I can imagine. They'd be better not talking about Hibs so no one can get their knickers in a twist.

Actually that wouldn't work either.

MrSmith
24-02-2016, 10:03 AM
And we pay the BBC a licence fee for this level of idiocy!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

kevo1875
24-02-2016, 10:07 AM
The guy is a cockwomble of the highest order and best ignored..

NAE NOOKIE
24-02-2016, 10:18 AM
Quadruple ??? ....... I'd settle for just one ruple :confused:

easty
24-02-2016, 10:21 AM
Quadruple ??? ....... I'd settle for just one ruple :confused:

Aim higher, I think we'll get a duoruple.

johncrobertson@
24-02-2016, 10:35 AM
He is a disgrace. He really crosses the line on Sportsound when he goes on about the behaviour of Hibs players uptown in Edinburgh. Never anything about anyone else, just us! He has no right to publicly discuss this on radio, and it's often ' what Ive heard is'!! The other week he was protecting his pal Harley in his disagreement with Pat Nevin - it was embarrassing listening to him. He was an average player, a poor manager, he has no right to have a go at others who are on a different level from what he could ever be.

Northern Hibby
24-02-2016, 10:39 AM
Tell you what, I'll sell my house as well if we pull that off :thumbsup:

IF we do that I think I may pull it off :wink:

where's Daffy

Kato
24-02-2016, 10:42 AM
He is a disgrace. He really crosses the line on Sportsound when he goes on about the behaviour of Hibs players uptown in Edinburgh. Never anything about anyone else, just us! He has no right to publicly discuss this on radio, and it's often ' what Ive heard is'!! The other week he was protecting his pal Harley in his disagreement with Pat Nevin - it was embarrassing listening to him. He was an average player, a poor manager, he has no right to have a go at others who are on a different level from what he could ever be.

A few weeks ago he was talking about Cummings "indiscretions" up town. When pressed as to what other things had happened outwith the McDonalds/Muffin thing (in which Cummings did nothing) he said there were plenty more things he had heard about that Hibs had covered up. Absolute madey up garbage.

johncrobertson@
24-02-2016, 10:45 AM
A few weeks ago he was talking about Cummings "indiscretions" up town. When pressed as to what other things had happened outwith the McDonalds/Muffin thing (in which Cummings did nothing) he said there were plenty more things he had heard about that Hibs had covered up. Absolute madey up garbage.

He should be held to account when he says things like that. Saying things like that can damage reputations unfairly.

Spike Mandela
24-02-2016, 10:46 AM
I have listened to BBC Radio Scotland's football coverage for probably the best part of 40 years. Many of my great football memories are radio commentary related, the 1979 Scottish cup replays and Albert Kidd double are two that spring to mind.

As I have got older and the presenters have changed and with the introduction of stuff like 'open all mics' has seen it deteriorate in quality. OAM is a good idea in principle but leads to a lot of dead airwaves which has to be filled by the whittering nonsense of the likes of Chick Yound and Preston. It's a bit like being stuck in the pub next to a table of pub bores.

Even guys like Richard Gordon, a man whose ability I admired at holding Sportsound together, became like a ringmaster prompting court jesters like Preston to give more and more bias comments against Hibs all wrapped up as 'hilarious banter'. All very fine if it was balanced but could you ever, EVER, imagine him prompting Murdo Mcleod or Billy Dodds to make snidey or downright vitreolic comments against the other half of the bigot brothers? Just never happens.

When the Rangers liquidation and Hearts administration came along the shows reached a new level of incompetence and self interest. Instead of leaving chat to business or legal experts and concentrating on football they let these buffoons loose on the issue. Billy Dodds on EBT's and Young or Preston discussing the finer details of administration law absolutely laughable.

Then it all turned sinister with the new club/old club debate with Rangers. Anyone who dared dissent from BBC edicts was censored and thrown to the wolves within the Rangers 'brown shirts'. Guys like Jim Spence with a legal background clearly sidelined and not allowed to speak his mind.

The final straw for me was the once revered Richard Gordon letting his mask slip with his sneering, s******ing "Karma's a bitch" comment when Hibs got relegated. A kick in the ribs on a bad night.

Since then I have just stopped listening. Plenty of social media outlets available and loads of places to get your Scottish football fix. Haven't missed it one iota and I recommend anybody who lets this crap get under your skin to just stop listening as well

Kato
24-02-2016, 10:50 AM
He should be held to account when he says things like that. Saying things like that can damage reputations unfairly.

It didn't damage his reputation as a squeeky voiced balloon.

CRAZYHIBBY
24-02-2016, 10:50 AM
Alan preston is a cock

johncrobertson@
24-02-2016, 10:54 AM
Alan preston is a cock

His voice would suggest he doesn't have one!!!

mjhibby
24-02-2016, 11:02 AM
I have listened to BBC Radio Scotland's football coverage for probably the best part of 40 years. Many of my great football memories are radio commentary related, the 1979 Scottish cup replays and Albert Kidd double are two that spring to mind.

As I have got older and the presenters have changed and with the introduction of stuff like 'open all mics' has seen it deteriorate in quality. OAM is a good idea in principle but leads to a lot of dead airwaves which has to be filled by the whittering nonsense of the likes of Chick Yound and Preston. It's a bit like being stuck in the pub next to a table of pub bores.

Even guys like Richard Gordon, a man whose ability I admired at holding Sportsound together, became like a ringmaster prompting court jesters like Preston to give more and more bias comments against Hibs all wrapped up as 'hilarious banter'. All very fine if it was balanced but could you ever, EVER, imagine him prompting Murdo Mcleod or Billy Dodds to make snidey or downright vitreolic comments against the other half of the bigot brothers? Just never happens.

When the Rangers liquidation and Hearts administration came along the shows reached a new level of incompetence and self interest. Instead of leaving chat to business or legal experts and concentrating on football they let these buffoons loose on the issue. Billy Dodds on EBT's and Young or Preston discussing the finer details of administration law absolutely laughable.

Then it all turned sinister with the new club/old club debate with Rangers. Anyone who dared dissent from BBC edicts was censored and thrown to the wolves within the Rangers 'brown shirts'. Guys like Jim Spence with a legal background clearly sidelined and not allowed to speak his mind.

The final straw for me was the once revered Richard Gordon letting his mask slip with his sneering, s******ing "Karma's a bitch" comment when Hibs got relegated. A kick in the ribs on a bad night.

Since then I have just stopped listening. Plenty of social media outlets available and loads of places to get your Scottish football fix. Haven't missed it one iota and I recommend anybody who lets this crap get under your skin to just stop listening as well

Only michael stewart and guys like mark wilson are worth listening too. The rest are so bland and on message its pitiful. Loved it when we beat the donsat at er and richard gordon couldnt comprehend how his beloved dons were pumped or when they lost to caley recently. The debate about pat nevin plumbed new depths of poor journalism where their obvious bias shone through. They are gradually being forced to admit we are now a damn good side that are great to watch. Cue the end of the season where they will do their damndest to unsettle the likes of jason and john with spurious speculation. I find the programme hilarious rather than annoying now.

Kato
24-02-2016, 11:14 AM
Loved it when we beat the dons at er and richard gordon couldnt comprehend how his beloved dons were pumped

He and Willie Miller placated themselves by ripping the p*ss out of Malonga and affirming (to themselves) what a poor player he is.

MrSmith
24-02-2016, 11:14 AM
The thing for me is, we pay for this utter incompetent service and yet we cannot stop when not satisfied!

It is not on!

Viva_Palmeiras
24-02-2016, 12:21 PM

How in this day and age of smartphones could Hibs "cover up" "indiscretions"? We all "hear" a lot of stuff doesn't mean it's all true.

The sensationalising of stuff has crept into the BBC I guess in some sort of self justification measured by listeners/viewers. Quality goes out the window being controversial doesn't require talent - just look at that Katie Hopkins!

Viva_Palmeiras
24-02-2016, 12:25 PM
The thing for me is, we pay for this utter incompetent service and yet we cannot stop when not satisfied!

It is not on!

Public broadcasters should stick to their remit. My fear tho would be quality suffers if it becomes purely about what the masses want - STV already does that. Hollywood Blockbuster or Independent/Arthouse Film? Would non Blockbusters ever be shown?

StevieC
24-02-2016, 12:37 PM

Looks like it.

I read it as .. if Hibs win the quadruple he'd need to sell his house (and move out of Leith), to avoid the expected onslaught from his Hibs mates.

Not an unreasonable comment, and hardly worth the "lynching" he's received on this thread.

ps he is a jambo roaster though :wink:

matty_f
24-02-2016, 01:53 PM
Looks like it.

I read it as .. if Hibs win the quadruple he'd need to sell his house (and move out of Leith), to avoid the expected onslaught from his Hibs mates.

Not an unreasonable comment, and hardly worth the "lynching" he's received on this thread.

Spot on, Stevie.

CraigHibee
24-02-2016, 04:03 PM
horrible jambo barsteward, everytime i hear him on radio it sounds as though a sock has got stuck in his throat, i can imagine him spitting and slavering all over the place when he speaks

Keith_M
24-02-2016, 04:09 PM
Looks like it.

^
^
^

What he said.

Yuillsy
24-02-2016, 04:38 PM
Alan Preston is a welt.. Nuff said...

I was expecting that to be the 1st post when I opened the thread!!!!