PDA

View Full Version : Danny Handling

since90plustwo
23-02-2016, 04:51 PM
Good to see hes making a speedy recovery from his injury, but can anyone see him even making the bench when hes fit never mind the starting 11? :dunno:

I think hes a very tidy player but cant see him taking anyones place. Hope im wrong

hibee
23-02-2016, 05:03 PM
Can't see him making much of an impact this season, can't think of anyone he would replace unless they were injured.

23-02-2016, 05:03 PM
The guy got injured right at the very start of the season therefore hasn't been given the chance to compete for a place. Hard to really judge how well he would have done. Think there is definatly a player in there. Perhaps a wee loan spell to a lower league club once he's back from injury might be benefitial. A chance for him to get some much needed game time under his belt before he comes back to hibs.

Michael
23-02-2016, 05:11 PM
Forgot all about him to be honest. As far as I recall he never really had an impact last season other than one match against Rangers. I can't see him breaking into the team now unfortunately. Would be interesting to see how he fared out on loan.

Thecat23
23-02-2016, 05:18 PM
Fully expect him to be let go in the summer along with Harris and Stanton.

Bob1875
23-02-2016, 05:37 PM
Not good enough unfortunately, time to let go.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-02-2016, 05:44 PM
Good to see hes making a speedy recovery from his injury, but can anyone see him even making the bench when hes fit never mind the starting 11? :dunno:

I think hes a very tidy player but cant see him taking anyones place. Hope im wrong

When we spend so much of our adult lives convincing ourselves and others we are right do you really "Hope I'm wrong"?

staunchhibby
23-02-2016, 05:51 PM
If sam goes they will have to pay out the rest of his contract.

fishybeaver
23-02-2016, 05:52 PM

All three not still under contract?

Andy74
23-02-2016, 05:59 PM
If sam goes they will have to pay out the rest of his contract.

Not necessarily.

MrRobot
23-02-2016, 06:02 PM

I believe there are but I think Stanton and Harris will have 1 year left and Handling 2?

HibsNutter
23-02-2016, 06:06 PM

I agree, massive waste as I thought they were the two biggest prospects we've had in a while. Harris clearly isn't mentally strong enough to play for this team, I hope it's something he is able to address and a fresh start somewhere else may help. Stanton hasn't been the same since Butcher, which is strange because Sammy's performances were one of the only positives of the dinosaur reign.

Thecat23
23-02-2016, 06:11 PM

Danny is I honestly couldn't tell you about the others but it will make no difference. I think after already been told they are free to find a new club nothing will change come summer and Hibs will let them go if they can.

They are simply not good enough for Hibs and where we want to be sadly. Ive nothing against any of them as they have tried but just didn't cut it at Hibs.

Thecat23
23-02-2016, 06:14 PM
I agree, massive waste as I thought they were the two biggest prospects we've had in a while. Harris clearly isn't mentally strong enough to play for this team, I hope it's something he is able to address and a fresh start somewhere else may help. Stanton hasn't been the same since Butcher, which is strange because Sammy's performances were one of the only positives of the dinosaur reign.

Stanton did show flashes under Butcher, but again far to many games went without him doing anything of impact. For the record I think he's the best of the three but that's just a personal opinion.

Felt sorry on Danny with his injury though, he may well have got another club before that happened!

Hibbyhaz
23-02-2016, 06:29 PM
Wouldn't be upset to see Handling go. Can't say the same about Stanton though, still think he can be a great player on his day.

Dashing Bob S
23-02-2016, 06:45 PM
Stanton, Handling and Harris are all talented young players, but the truth is that Stubbs has raised standards by bringing in slightly better, fitter and mentally stronger replacements, setting the bar a wee bit higher.

Stanton is the one we might possibly live to regret, but I can't see Handing or Harris performing regularly at the level Stubbs requires.

Shame, because if they had avoided injuries and fallen under Stubbs's wing earlier, all three might have developed their potential to the full.

Craigmount Hibs
23-02-2016, 06:49 PM
I think Handling playing in a deeper role would be interesting. Agree massive competition for places, but let's hope his recovery from injury happens soon and the guy pushes himself back into contention. Would be delighted to see him making a contribution this season.

The Sundance Kid
23-02-2016, 06:55 PM
I believe there are but I think Stanton and Harris will have 1 year left and Handling 2?

Stanton still has 2 years left also

Billy Whizz
23-02-2016, 07:06 PM
Stanton still has 2 years left also

He was given a 3 year deal I thought at the start of last season?
Means he will be out of contract in May 2017

The Sundance Kid
23-02-2016, 07:08 PM
He was given a 3 year deal I thought at the start of last season?
Means he will be out of contract in May 2017

It was a four year deal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27062511

johnbc70
23-02-2016, 07:13 PM
Stanton was a surprise as I remember hearing he was excellent prospect many years ago, heard we turned down a bid from Celtic as well when he was a youngster.

Billy Whizz
23-02-2016, 07:13 PM
It was a four year deal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27062511

Good spot, probably 3 years with a one year option dependant on appearances

macd123
23-02-2016, 09:24 PM

Would give dagnall, maybe keatings a run for their money. IF he shows the right attitude.

J-C
23-02-2016, 09:41 PM
Good spot, probably 3 years with a one year option dependant on appearances

And where did it say that or is this just a guess?

Re Handling, he was outstanding against the Rangers in the Petrofac cup game last season before being sent off and was a regular in the team when McGeouch was out injured during Nov-Jan period when we went on that long run of games undefeated and playing 24 games in total that season. I was surprised he was told to find another club as he showed he had something about him and with his game time last season I expected him to push on, same goes for Stanton. I don't think they are not good enough talent wise, more a mental thing.

Nicho87
23-02-2016, 10:31 PM
was he not playing as a midfielder when he got injured.

Eyrie
23-02-2016, 10:54 PM
Handling will have a good game, or a good spell in a game, and the fans thinks that's his natural level. At some point he either has to show that level consistently or the fans have to accept that he's not good enough.

Whilst it's good to hear that he's nearing a return, he's going to struggle to get game time given the calibre of player ahead of him. His best chance of regular football is to move on and then hope that getting a regular game will help him to find consistency.

lord bunberry
23-02-2016, 11:05 PM
He's got the ability to be a first team regular, it's whether he can find the consistency.

Ronniekirk
23-02-2016, 11:21 PM
was he not playing as a midfielder when he got injured.

Yes was at the pre season gMe at Berwick But he wouldn't get into this current team and may even struggle to get a place on the bench if we have. full squad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk