PDA

View Full Version : Agents influence

HibsNutter
23-02-2016, 04:17 PM
http://bbc.in/21cva9m (https://t.co/klvL3UJyyn)

From Stubbsy's comments it seems like JC's agent is trying to engineer a move elsewhere. Saw on here that he shares an agent with Scott Allan, seems the guy is a bit of a troublemaker. Hope the lad is thoughtful enough to know what's best for his career development and ignores his agent when it's clear he is out to get himself a nice wee payday.

monktonharp
23-02-2016, 04:35 PM

From Stubbsy's comments it seems like JC's agent is trying to engineer a move elsewhere. Saw on here that he shares an agent with Scott Allan, seems the guy is a bit of a troublemaker. Hope the lad is thoughtful enough to know what's best for his career development and ignores his agent when it's clear he is out to get himself a nice wee payday.when it comes to agents, that's their remit. bunch o' knaves and charlatans and cant see Jason not being influenced with big money even if he knew he was not ready to go. an easy example being S.Allan, at Celtic Park regularly using tweezers for splinters.

Michael
23-02-2016, 05:03 PM
He's a good player, but I can't see him making an impact at a much higher level at this moment in time. He needs a minimum of another year with us IMO. But, money talks...so we'll see.

hibee
23-02-2016, 05:09 PM
I don't think he's ready to make it at a higher level but do think he'd be influenced by higher wages as most people would be.

Andy74
23-02-2016, 06:06 PM
On a related subject I took a call from Wille McKay today.

On the subject of what I could help him with he kindly requested that I stopped giving my phone to my Hibs mates to call him every time we win big games.

Alcohol may have dimmed my recollection of events after the semi and the Hearts game but it's a tradition I can trace back to 2007 at least.

Dick.

Thecat23
23-02-2016, 06:16 PM
On a related subject I took a call from Wille McKay today.

On the subject of what I could help him with he kindly requested that I stopped giving my phone to my Hibs mates to call him every time we win big games.

Alcohol may have dimmed my recollection of events after the semi and the Hearts game but it's a tradition I can trace back to 2007 at least.

Dick.

Roaster of a man, I know many agents who hate him for the way he done business and made others get tarred with the same brush.

mjhibby
23-02-2016, 06:16 PM
I'm sure it's just the usual opening exchanges in contract talks. Haven't heard anything from Jason's agent so it's quite interesting that Stubbs should mention agents. The ideal situation is to sign say a 3 year deal with the usual clause in it if a certain fee is met. I hope Jason doesn't end up like Scott Allan but as has happened so many times money talks. He can't move anywhere till the summer so there's no rush.

Thecat23
23-02-2016, 06:22 PM

From Stubbsy's comments it seems like JC's agent is trying to engineer a move elsewhere. Saw on here that he shares an agent with Scott Allan, seems the guy is a bit of a troublemaker. Hope the lad is thoughtful enough to know what's best for his career development and ignores his agent when it's clear he is out to get himself a nice wee payday.

An agent depending the size of his clientele will always try make as much money off deals as possible. If it's someone who works for themselves he/she will do everything to get a hot prospect a move before they go off the boil.

They will drum up interest through media and social websites bugging them up. Bigger companies work pretty much the same but if Cummings was on their books they prob wouldn't be pushing a move as much as an agent who's only a few on his books. End of the day agents number one goal is to find the best deal for a player, sadly the most money made isn't always the best for the players career (see Scott Allan) so Cummings needs to seriously think about any offer made and I hope he has folk around him to help him keep his head straight.

HarpyHibby
23-02-2016, 06:24 PM
The OP is correct in saying that JC has the same agent as Allan, as well as others such as Holt and Johnny Russell. It probably won't surprise many to know that he has a box at Ibrox. Total Hun.

I'd imagine Stubbs' comments will be based on dealings with him from the Allan saga.

monktonharp
23-02-2016, 07:15 PM
An agent depending the size of his clientele will always try make as much money off deals as possible. If it's someone who works for themselves he/she will do everything to get a hot prospect a move before they go off the boil.

They will drum up interest through media and social websites bugging them up. Bigger companies work pretty much the same but if Cummings was on their books they prob wouldn't be pushing a move as much as an agent who's only a few on his books. End of the day agents number one goal is to find the best deal for a player, sadly the most money made isn't always the best for the players career (see Scott Allan) so Cummings needs to seriously think about any offer made and I hope he has folk around him to help him keep his head straight.end of the day the agent's job is to get the best deal possible, for the agent!

HibsNutter
23-02-2016, 07:22 PM
end of the day the agent's job is to get the best deal possible, for the agent!

They think about profits in the short-run, if more agents thought about decisions that would positively impact on the players' career, they're more likely to generate more money in the long-term if a player can get to a level at which a huge club will come in for them. As opposed to advising Cummings to move to a Rotherham or the sorts just now, take a decent pay package while such a move may not be best for his development at this point in time.

Thecat23
23-02-2016, 07:23 PM

Correct.

Col2
23-02-2016, 07:26 PM
Radio Scotland (Preston) saying they understand contract offered to Cummings is very attractive and expects him to sign.

Andy74
23-02-2016, 08:36 PM

Disagree. A good agent should be doing what is best for his client over his long term career and personal wellbeing.

That means sometimes not just doing the best deal financially.

Eyrie
23-02-2016, 10:43 PM
Disagree. A good agent should be doing what is best for his client over his long term career and personal wellbeing.

That means sometimes not just doing the best deal financially.

An approach that would benefit the agent in the long run because more players would want to use someone who looks out for their interests and not just for his cut.

Sammy7nil
23-02-2016, 10:50 PM
They think about profits in the short-run, if more agents thought about decisions that would positively impact on the players' career, they're more likely to generate more money in the long-term if a player can get to a level at which a huge club will come in for them. As opposed to advising Cummings to move to a Rotherham or the sorts just now, take a decent pay package while such a move may not be best for his development at this point in time.

Jerry Maguire. :greengrin