PDA

View Full Version : Wee question.

Mikey09
23-02-2016, 01:42 PM
How much of the club do HSL own just now?

Greencore
23-02-2016, 01:44 PM
7%. I think.

Mikey09
23-02-2016, 01:48 PM
7%. I think.

Been having an arguement with a jambo. Do they own any of there club?! I thought Budgie still owned the lot?!

Winston Ingram
23-02-2016, 01:49 PM
Been having an arguement with a jambo. Do they own any of there club?! I thought Budgie still owned the lot?!

She does i believe

NYHibby
23-02-2016, 01:56 PM
This is the latest relevant filling from Companies House. https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/document-api-images-prod/docs/ndE6WSMekyvu201ek2UMVi3YmMLaYwmLslPbE5PijNg/application-pdf

Of the 77.6m shares outstanding, the 15.1m shares with a £.04 par value are the shares issued as part of the share issue and to HSL.

If anyone wants to find out who are 2nd largest shareholder after Holdings, you can also figure that out from Companies House fillings.

Mikey09
23-02-2016, 02:02 PM
This is the latest relevant filling from Companies House. https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/document-api-images-prod/docs/ndE6WSMekyvu201ek2UMVi3YmMLaYwmLslPbE5PijNg/application-pdf

Of the 77.6m shares outstanding, the 15.1m shares with a £.04 par value are the shares issued as part of the share issue and to HSL.

If anyone wants to find out who are 2nd largest shareholder after Holdings, you can also figure that out from Companies House fillings.

Do you know the yams situation?! Mate says when Budge took over he got shares he paid for previously. Is that right? I thought they wouldn't be fan owned till FOH took over from her?!

Jack Hackett
23-02-2016, 02:03 PM

Whatever way you cut it...we own more of our club than they do of theirs.

We pay our money, we get our shares.
They pay their money and hope for the best.

NYHibby
23-02-2016, 02:32 PM
Do you know the yams situation?! Mate says when Budge took over he got shares he paid for previously. Is that right? I thought they wouldn't be fan owned till FOH took over from her?!

Hearts file their annual return differently and I don’t care enough to do any digging for the answer. See page 20 of the PDF

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/document-api-images-prod/docs/IrPYgZwGBIy33b_OaGALi5eqyorexdK8yYfF3bZ41ME/application-pdf

greenginger
23-02-2016, 02:39 PM
According to Bidco 1874 accounts , the Budge holding Company owns 88.3 % of Hearts shares.

Mikey09
23-02-2016, 02:49 PM
According to Bidco 1874 accounts , the Budge holding Company owns 88.3 % of Hearts shares.

So who owns the rest?

Ozyhibby
23-02-2016, 02:57 PM
HSL own nearly 8% of the club now.
The important difference is that every penny HSL raise goes towards Alan Stubbs budget. All of FoH's donations from now on will go to Anne Budge.
It's one of the reasons we have been able to get players of the quality we have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

son of haggart
23-02-2016, 03:00 PM
The foundation (FOH)has a legal agreement with BIDCO (who bought a controlling interest in the club). At least 75% of the shares will be transferred to FOH by May 2019 assuming it continues to meet the payment schedule (which it has done to date, and subscriptions exceed the required amounts to date). Its all detailed on the Foundation's website http://www.foundationofhearts.org/news/foundation-of-hearts-qa/

i

Mikey09
23-02-2016, 03:01 PM
HSL own nearly 8% of the club now.
The important difference is that every penny HSL raise goes towards Alan Stubbs budget. All of FoH's donations from now on will go to Anne Budge.
It's one of the reasons we have been able to get players of the quality we have.

So only when FOH have paid Budge back her loan they will be given control of the club?!

son of haggart
23-02-2016, 03:02 PM
So only when FOH have paid Budge back her loan they will be given control of the club?!

Yes (as the loan bought the club)

greenginger
23-02-2016, 03:07 PM
So who owns the rest?

There are hundreds of small share holders , including the ones that gave Vlad their hard-earned and got nothing. Budge has issued them with share certificates.

The Queen ( well the QLTR Office ) holds 4.5 % of the shares.

Mrs Budge also bought the Lith. niece out for £ 19,000

Mikey09
23-02-2016, 03:08 PM
Yes (as the loan bought the club)

So how much of the club, if any, do FOH, or Herats supporters own right now? Is it owned entirely by Budge?!

SuperAllyMcleod
23-02-2016, 03:11 PM
You could argue that Budge is a fan and therefore they own 88%!

Mind you, I'd be a fan of earning 6% too. Just sayin [emoji57]

greenginger
23-02-2016, 03:14 PM
So how much of the club, if any, do FOH, or Herats supporters own right now? Is it owned entirely by Budge?!

Roughly 11.7 % not owned by Mrs Budge. 4.5 % of that amount held by QLTR Office. So 7.2 % held by individual fans.

Ozyhibby
23-02-2016, 03:15 PM

Yes, they have a legal agreement. Sometime during the 2019/20 season the FoH will takeover the running of the club.

CropleyWasGod
23-02-2016, 03:17 PM

Don't forget the individual shareholders in Hibs as well. IIRC, that takes us to over 20%.

Mikey09
23-02-2016, 03:26 PM
Don't forget the individual shareholders in Hibs as well. IIRC, that takes us to over 20%.

Its like battering yer head against a brick wall arguing with this clown. Thanks for the replies everyone. :thumbsup:

CropleyWasGod
23-02-2016, 03:28 PM
Its like battering yer head against a brick wall arguing with this clown. Thanks for the replies everyone. :thumbsup:

You might also remind him that STF and RP are Hibbies so, ultimately, we're 100% fan-owned.

"We're owned by ourselves......":singing:

son of haggart
23-02-2016, 03:32 PM
Probably a more pertinent question is "at what point is it likely that fans will own a majority shareholding in their club". Other interesting questions are "what structure will exist when they do?" and "Can they provide enough working capital for the club to operate without making a loss"?

At the moment fans of both clubs have the benefit of strong (and feminine , which may not be coincidental) leadership. i would have thought both sets of fans would want their respective leadership to continue, though there are complications for both

hibs0666
23-02-2016, 03:32 PM
The foundation (FOH)has a legal agreement with BIDCO (who bought a controlling interest in the club). At least 75% of the shares will be transferred to FOH by May 2019 assuming it continues to meet the payment schedule (which it has done to date, and subscriptions exceed the required amounts to date). Its all detailed on the Foundation's website http://www.foundationofhearts.org/news/foundation-of-hearts-qa/

i

That's until the Budgie requests a change to the FOH articles of association to pay her off for building the new stand...

Jack Hackett
23-02-2016, 03:34 PM
That's until the Budgie requests a change to the FOH articles of association to pay her off for building the new stand...

Oh yeah...the elephant in the room

son of haggart
23-02-2016, 03:35 PM

She's going to build it personally? Good news!

Seriously I have no idea how thats going to work (there's supposed to be an announcement in March) but most Hearts fans would consider it a bonus if she 'had' to stay on for a bit longer...

hibs0666
23-02-2016, 03:40 PM
She's going to build it personally? Good news!

Seriously I have no idea how thats going to work (there's supposed to be an announcement in March) but most Hearts fans would consider it a bonus if she 'had' to stay on for a bit longer...

This is how it will work.

Budge and/or a wider consortium of sparryheids will underwrite the amount owed as no-one else will touch the club due to its penchant for over-spending and under-paying.
The punters will be compelled to pay back Budge for the privilege and thereby extend the term on her nice little £250K annual management fee
Once the stand is paid off on the twelfth of never, the purchase of the club will recommence
The yaks will take over ownership of the club somewhere around 2030, and be back in financial crisis by 2032.

Ozyhibby
23-02-2016, 03:47 PM
This is how it will work.

Budge and/or a wider consortium of sparryheids will underwrite the amount owed as no-one else will touch the club due to its penchant for over-spending and under-paying.
The punters will be compelled to pay back Budge for the privilege and thereby extend the term on her nice little £250K annual management fee
Once the stand is paid off on the twelfth of never, the purchase of the club will recommence
The yaks will take over ownership of the club somewhere around 2030, and be back in financial crisis by 2032.

That's pretty much what I think will happen. And I also think it's a good deal for them. And Budge will make a right few quid as well.