PDA

View Full Version : Celtic fined a massive sum by Uefa

Diclonius
23-02-2016, 11:28 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35640219

£13,000. So like, they might have to book themselves into a slightly less extravagant hotel next time? Or lower a contract offer by £500 a week?

Pathetic.

HibsNutter
23-02-2016, 11:39 AM
I think in this instance they'll have quite rightly charged the perpetrators who actually let off the fireworks? So the club itself won't be fined a great sum.

JimBHibees
23-02-2016, 11:40 AM
Seems to be the UEFA way to fine meaningless amounts of money. They should have been absolutely hammered in Scotland for the wholesale damage that was caused at Motherwell however the clubs voted for no responsibility so we move on. Pathetic.

steakbake
23-02-2016, 12:21 PM
As much as I don't like UEFA's approach to many things and arguably it should have been more etc etc, it's refreshing to see a football body actually following through with action on clubs. If this was left up to the SFA, they'd brush it under the carpet or at worst, defer collection of the fine indefinitely as we've seen with the LNS fine and The Rangers.

So, at least it's some action and not self-interested impotence.

KeithTheHibby
23-02-2016, 01:54 PM
At least they have the balls to fine them unlike the SFA or SPFL who are a shower of ***** bags.

jgl07
23-02-2016, 01:59 PM
EUFA are a load of crooks so nothing surprises me about them but £13,000 is a joke.

When Manchester City played Porto a few years back in the Europa knock out stages, Porto were fined a their support racially abused some of the visiting players. City were fined a lot more because they were one minute late in coming on the field for the second half.