PDA

View Full Version : Sean Mackie

Brightside
23-02-2016, 06:49 AM
This is in the public domain now... Hearts were expecting to sing Sean Mackie from Raith this week. Pre-contract. 17yo LB. Hibs have jumped in and offered him a 4year deal. If he chooses Hibs there will be some major face saving required at the bus shelter.

hibbysam
23-02-2016, 07:02 AM
This is in the public domain now... Hearts were expecting to sing Sean Mackie from Raith this week. Pre-contract. 17yo LB. Hibs have jumped in and offered him a 4year deal. If he chooses Hibs there will be some major face saving required at the bus shelter.

Would be a great move for the laddie, stays 2 minutes from East Mains and by all accounts, a very talented Left Back with a bright future.

Brightside
23-02-2016, 07:15 AM
Would be a great move for the laddie, stays 2 minutes from East Mains and by all accounts, a very talented Left Back with a bright future.

Our only negative is we let him go at 13/14 as we didn't think he was good enough. May pray on his mind.

Hibernian Verse
23-02-2016, 07:17 AM
Our only negative is we let him go at 13/14 as we didn't think he was good enough. May pray on his mind.

The club has come a long way in 3/4 years. If he can't see that the future is Green & White then he may be better off at the Jambos!

Cocaine&Caviar
23-02-2016, 07:25 AM
Only been in Raith senior squad since June, not the most loyal is he?

Brightside
23-02-2016, 07:28 AM

He's 17!! He was in the Fife performance squad for the last few years. Are you thinking a 17yo shouldnt be looking to move to bigger teams?

Big_Franck
23-02-2016, 07:35 AM
No idea how good he is but if he wants to play football he should sign for us. If he wants to lump long balls forward every week he'll be well suited to them.

tomhorn
23-02-2016, 07:43 AM
Good Tranent laddie and a very nice chap too. Wid hate to see him in maroon so I hope he does the right thing.

hibbysam
23-02-2016, 07:44 AM

He's a 17 year old boy, who doesn't drive and is having to trek to and from Kirkcaldy day in day out. Not easy. If you then get offered to go to a bigger team, probably more cash, and about 200 yards from your front door, IMO it would be a no brainer.

The_Horde
23-02-2016, 07:47 AM
Is he a hibby?

Brightside
23-02-2016, 07:53 AM
Is he a hibby?

His family are all rangers fans

MB62
23-02-2016, 08:28 AM

These things are irrelevant IMO. Obviously it is good if the person concerned supports the team he is playing for but really, it doesn't matter a jot what team he supports as long as he is good enough.

Carheenlea
23-02-2016, 08:41 AM
Is he a hibby?

These things are irrelevant IMO. Obviously it is good if the person concerned supports the team he is playing for but really, it doesn't matter a jot what team he supports as long as he is good enough.

Let`s be honest - There will have been a collective sagging of shoulders from readers on learning that :greengrin

The Sundance Kid
23-02-2016, 08:55 AM

Think the current Hibs squad is a perfect example of this. Rarely have I seen a Hibs squad as committed and passionate towards the club as the current one yet off the top of my head can only think of Paul Hanlon, Darren McGregor and Kevin Thomson as being boyhood Hibs fans

Winston Ingram
23-02-2016, 09:36 AM
He's a Hun. Hearts have offered 3 yrs, us 4. Was shown round ER on Sun.

ancient hibee
23-02-2016, 09:38 AM
Is he a hibby?

Who cares?

Golden Bear
23-02-2016, 09:40 AM
Who cares?

Exactly.

Billychaotic182
23-02-2016, 09:50 AM
Who cares?

I think what he might be hinting at is that if he is a hibs fan he is far more likely to sign for us rather than them.

JimBHibees
23-02-2016, 10:00 AM
Hopefully the Stubbs factor of developing young players recently will help. Also if he watched the recent derbies there was only one team trying to play football the right way which IMO he should take into account.

Winston Ingram
23-02-2016, 10:16 AM
I think what he might be hinting at is that if he is a hibs fan he is far more likely to sign for us rather than them.

He's not. He and his family are fully fledged Sevconians:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
23-02-2016, 10:20 AM

Doesn't sound like we were when he was younger either. If you get knocked like that and see that clubs don't have loyalty I'd imagine your mentality would be affected and change.

Wilson
23-02-2016, 10:25 AM
He's not. He and his family are fully fledged Sevconians:agree:

It's nice of them all to support a new venture instead of one of Scotland's more established teams.

Brooster
24-02-2016, 06:51 AM
Good Tranent laddie and a very nice chap too. Wid hate to see him in maroon so I hope he does the right thing.

Are you sure he is from Tranent?

Viva_Palmeiras
24-02-2016, 07:06 AM
Think the current Hibs squad is a perfect example of this. Rarely have I seen a Hibs squad as committed and passionate towards the club as the current one yet off the top of my head can only think of Paul Hanlon, Darren McGregor and Kevin Thomson as being boyhood Hibs fans

Something that always got me about the term Boyhood fans / boyhood heroes - did they grow out of it?

J-C
24-02-2016, 08:11 AM
Something that always got me about the term Boyhood fans / boyhood heroes - did they grow out of it?

Some do when they play for a team for a long time, players like Stevenson ( Raith ) Carragher ( Everton ) Robertson ( Hibs allegedly )

hibbysam
24-02-2016, 08:12 AM

I wouldn't be too sure!

hibs0666
24-02-2016, 08:16 AM
Some do when they play for a team for a long time, players like Stevenson ( Raith ) Carragher ( Everton ) Robertson ( Hibs allegedly )

Aye but there are exceptions - like Billy Broon - who always retained his affection for the Hibees, and just couldn't stop himself showing it. :stirrer:

Alex Trager
24-02-2016, 10:36 AM
Aye but there are exceptions - like Billy Broon - who always retained his affection for the Hibees, and just couldn't stop himself showing it. :stirrer:

You can see similarities between him and Cumzings actually- in terms of the way he shows his affections for hearts ;)

hibs0666
24-02-2016, 10:41 AM
You can see similarities between him and Cumzings actually- in terms of the way he shows his affections for hearts ;)

Exactly I'm just glad I'm not the only one that has spotted it. 😋

PHEONIXHIBS
24-02-2016, 11:59 AM
Sorry if already posted but seems the lad has opted for us ! http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/hibs-set-hold-hearts-seal-7430493#wX6QoyOIkyrHCzcI.97

Ozyhibby
24-02-2016, 12:06 PM
I take it that means that the full back for the development team (Crane or Dunsmore?) has not progressed the way we expected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thecat23
24-02-2016, 12:07 PM
I take it that means that the full back for the development team (Crane or Dunsmore?) has not progressed the way we expected?

I wouldn't say that. It just shows Hibs are snapping up promising young players to keep improving our youth squad and competition for places in it.

eastmainsmsh
24-02-2016, 12:12 PM
Young Mackie is from Elphinstone cracking player

MB62
24-02-2016, 12:48 PM
Sorry if already posted but seems the lad has opted for us ! http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/hibs-set-hold-hearts-seal-7430493#wX6QoyOIkyrHCzcI.97

And in another Daily Record Exclusive, it is believed today is Wednesday.

I'm in the process of checking if that's true too. :wink:

Billy Whizz
24-02-2016, 02:38 PM

Crane is the left full back, he's on loan at Berwick just now. Think he's a better midfielder than a left back, in my opinion

...WentToMowAnSPL
24-02-2016, 03:52 PM
His family were all rangers fans

Fixed it for you ... so they have had no-one to support since 2012 - poor wee souls :greengrin

Brooster
24-02-2016, 04:40 PM
Was told last night that the laddie from Peeptoun favours a move to Hibs.

tomhorn
25-02-2016, 06:37 AM

Thought he was as he bools in Tranent. Seems he is Elphinstonian.

Brooster
25-02-2016, 07:05 AM
Thought he was as he bools in Tranent. Seems he is Elphinstonian.

Yeah he is from Elphinstone which is really handy for East Mains. My oldest son spotted him at Easter Road last night.

IWasThere2016
25-02-2016, 07:42 AM
Was told last night that the laddie from Peeptoun favours a move to Hibs.

Ray McKinnon says same allegedly.

scoopyboy
25-02-2016, 08:15 AM
He texted one of the guys on our bus last night that he was signing for us.

scoopyboy
25-02-2016, 08:16 AM
Yeah he is from Elphinstone which is really handy for East Mains. My oldest son spotted him at Easter Road last night.

Elder, unless you have one you haven't told me about. :greengrin

Brightside
26-02-2016, 08:43 AM
Yep - looks like a done deal. Medical passed. A nice positive for the day. Hearts will be spewing

JimBHibees
26-02-2016, 08:45 AM
Yep - looks like a done deal. Medical passed. A nice positive for the day. Hearts will be spewing

Sounds good has he been involved in Raiths first team or is this a longer term development option. Assume he couldnt play for first team this season for example?

hibbysam
26-02-2016, 08:50 AM
Sounds good has he been involved in Raiths first team or is this a longer term development option. Assume he couldnt play for first team this season for example?

He isn't signing until the summer, as we are obviously outside transfer window. He has been in Raith's first team all season, but only had minimal game time, which is to be expected at 17 years old.

Brightside
26-02-2016, 08:54 AM

He has played 1 minute for the first team. It was a hugely impressive 1 minute. :greengrin

JimBHibees
26-02-2016, 09:07 AM
He isn't signing until the summer, as we are obviously outside transfer window. He has been in Raith's first team all season, but only had minimal game time, which is to be expected at 17 years old.

Ok cheers. :aok:

JimBHibees
26-02-2016, 09:08 AM
He has played 1 minute for the first team. It was a hugely impressive 1 minute. :greengrin

Must have been. :greengrin

Forza Fred
26-02-2016, 09:20 AM

Is the team I knew as Elphinstone Primrose in the early 70's
still in existence?

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-02-2016, 10:27 AM
Maybe part of the deal is a loan back to Raith?

hibbysam
26-02-2016, 11:08 AM
Maybe part of the deal is a loan back to Raith?

Highly doubtful, wouldn't make much sense when he isn't playing for them just now. More sense getting him in, putting him in the development squad, as well as being involved in first team training to develop his footballing ability and also his strength and conditioning.

Turkish Green
26-02-2016, 11:51 AM
He's a 17 year old boy, who doesn't drive and is having to trek to and from Kirkcaldy day in day out. Not easy. If you then get offered to go to a bigger team, probably more cash, and about 200 yards from your front door, IMO it would be a no brainer.

It was worse for some when Raith's youth academy trained at Bathgate Sports centre. Now it is at Queen Anne's HS in Dunfermline. ANyway, Tranent to Ormiston is a shoe-in.

scoopyboy
26-02-2016, 12:42 PM
It was worse for some when Raith's youth academy trained at Bathgate Sports centre. Now it is at Queen Anne's HS in Dunfermline. ANyway, Tranent to Ormiston is a shoe-in.

Elphinstone to Ormiston is even easier.

cabbageandribs1875
26-02-2016, 12:48 PM

going there in 30 mins, wee shot on the treadmill :)

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-02-2016, 01:52 PM
Was released by us a youngster

Iggy Pope
26-02-2016, 01:57 PM
Was released by us a youngster

Covered in post #3......

GordonHFC
27-02-2016, 10:42 AM
I see the BBC are quoting that the puddle drinkers pulled out of signing him. What a load of bollocks.

O'Rourke3
27-02-2016, 10:46 AM
I see the BBC are quoting that the puddle drinkers pulled out of signing him. What a load of bollocks.
More revisionism from the history makers. Nearly spat !my Sugar puffs out when I read that.

Fife-Hibee
27-02-2016, 10:56 AM

Maybe no one would give them a sub of £25,000 Would you lol

hibbysam
27-02-2016, 11:15 AM

Amusing reading that. Sean had the choice, and for a number of reason's chose Hibs.

number9dream
27-02-2016, 11:33 AM

It's not the BBC reporting at all. It's a daily round-up of other reports from the newspapers. In this case, the Daily Record.

I'm still not clear if he's joining now (or how that could even happen) or in the summer...

adhibs
27-02-2016, 11:36 AM
It's not the BBC reporting at all. It's a daily round-up of other reports from the newspapers. In this case, the Daily Record.

I'm still not clear if he's joining now (or how that could even happen) or in the summer...

Itl'l be now. No other reason for the half ywar on his conttact. Guessing youth players dont fall under same transfer restrictions?

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-02-2016, 01:45 PM

They will have been fed that by Hearts who will be trying to save face. Unbelievably sad but they literally won't cope with the idea of anyone choosing us over them