PDA

View Full Version : Should 'Sunshine on Leith' be the Official Club Anthem?

Jack Hackett
22-02-2016, 08:05 PM
The subject has been getting air time on various threads.

Nearly every time the song gets a media mention, it's as Hibs unofficial anthem. There hasn't been another song written...ever...that affects me emotionally in the way this does.

Greencore
22-02-2016, 08:07 PM
Yes.

SloopJB
22-02-2016, 08:15 PM
It depends, I really don't like it at the start of a match as it's too lethargic.
it's better at the end of the game when supporters are celebrating.
should it be the anthem? The anthem will happen naturally. No should about it.

Pretty Boy
22-02-2016, 08:16 PM
No.

I like it as it is. It kind of belongs to the fans as it is which is one of the reasons I don't like it being overplayed.

I also like Glory Glory to the Hibees as our 'official anthem'. Sure it's a bit dated but people are too keen to break with traditions. That's been the song I associated with Hibs for far longer than SOL. It doesn't get me as emotionally as SOL but match day at ER wouldn't be the same without it for me.

Mr White
22-02-2016, 08:17 PM
Nope just fine as it is. Official club song should be about the football club as ours is.

Hibbyradge
22-02-2016, 08:18 PM
No.

It would end up being played too often.

Leave the fans to decide when to sing it.

Peanut Shaz
22-02-2016, 08:19 PM
I would keep Glory Glory but it needs updating. Whether that's by The Proclaimers or someone else I don't know, but it needs modernised.

rcarter1
22-02-2016, 08:20 PM
I think I like it better that its unofficial. But I won't vote no, as I can't think of a better song.

BroxburnHibee
22-02-2016, 08:21 PM
No its fine as is

rcarter1
22-02-2016, 08:22 PM
No.

I like it as it is. It kind of belongs to the fans as it is which is one of the reasons I don't like it being overplayed.

I also like Glory Glory to the Hibees as our 'official anthem'. Sure it's a bit dated but people are too keen to break with traditions. That's been the song I associated with Hibs for far longer than SOL. It doesn't get me as emotionally as SOL but match day at ER wouldn't be the same without it for me.

This is where Im at. Somehow that seems an important distinction.

Mr White
22-02-2016, 08:22 PM
Hibernian give us a goal is my personal favourite but between glory glory and hibernian soldier we're pretty well covered i think.

BTW how the **** did we get away with releasing a song called hibernian soldier during the 1980's? I know it's got no political content but the name alone must have been a bit controversial at the time no?

shamo9
22-02-2016, 08:29 PM
Hibernian give us a goal is my personal favourite but between glory glory and hibernian soldier we're pretty well covered i think.

BTW how the **** did we get away with releasing a song called hibernian soldier during the 1980's? I know it's got no political content but the name alone must have been a bit controversial at the time no?

The song is called Hibs' Heroes, no? That's what it's called on the Hibs album I've got.

Mr White
22-02-2016, 08:33 PM
The song is called Hibs' Heroes, no? That's what it's called on the Hibs album I've got.

You're right. I'm not sure why i thought it was called hibernian soldier. Must be the latent republican in me focusing on that line. Ignore me :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
22-02-2016, 08:33 PM
naw, leave as is

Aldo
22-02-2016, 08:34 PM
No. I like it as it is. It kind of belongs to the fans as it is which is one of the reasons I don't like it being overplayed. I also like Glory Glory to the Hibees as our 'official anthem'. Sure it's a bit dated but people are too keen to break with traditions. That's been the song I associated with Hibs for far longer than SOL. It doesn't get me as emotionally as SOL but match day at ER wouldn't be the same without it for me.

I love SOL but I have to agree to disagree with you PB

1. Glory Glory Glory to the Hibees should be the clubs anthem

2. It'll never be dated (this is where is sort of disagree)

But SOL at the 2007 Cup final was outstanding I thought I was even better last Tuesday at ER!

Glory Lurker
22-02-2016, 08:36 PM
No. As my fellow naysayers have already said, it would risk losing its specialness if it was played too often. If anything, an updated GGTTH wouldn't go amiss, but I'd still like old Hector to be played each game, too.

Hibbyradge
22-02-2016, 08:38 PM
I love SOL but I have to agree to disagree with you PB

It seems to me that you've actually agreed to agree!

Aldo
22-02-2016, 08:42 PM
It seems to me that you've actually agreed to agree!

Indeed you could well be correct HR

Eyrie
22-02-2016, 08:46 PM
I'm going to be a very small minority here (probably of one) but I don't like "Sunshine on Leith" as a song because it's not my sort of music.

Using it as an anthem would mean playing it on a regular basis, and that would drain the emotional impact that makes the song special for our fans. I think it works far better when used as our celebration song.

marinello59
22-02-2016, 09:13 PM
Official? Why?

Onion
22-02-2016, 09:26 PM
No song like it ... on the right occasion. AEK, 2007 LCF, Yams 2016... were all the perfect backdrop as it's all about redemption and giving thanks. Will all live long in the memory.

But it's a song for the end of game, not the start, and needs to played sparingly otherwise it gets devalued and loses it impact and meaning.

Glory, Glory to the Hibees is a much better song for most occasions.

jacomo
22-02-2016, 09:43 PM
No song like it ... on the right occasion. AEK, 2007 LCF, Yams 2016... were all the perfect backdrop as it's all about redemption and giving thanks. Will all live long in the memory.

But it's a song for the end of game, not the start, and needs to played sparingly otherwise it gets devalued and loses it impact and meaning.

Agree.

No need for change.

Surely Liverpool supporters get bored of that YNWA dirge. They play it ALL the time.

et_hibby
22-02-2016, 09:43 PM
No.

Agree. Great to have it as ours though!:flag:

et_hibby
22-02-2016, 09:47 PM

You're right, though stirring, it's not a 'gerrintaethum' number. So, Even if it means enduring ac/dc, no!! :wink:

Ozyhibby
22-02-2016, 09:48 PM
Not sure what official means? Do we get a bit of paper?
Leave it how it is. I like the recent attempts by the MC at Easter road to liven things up as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

et_hibby
22-02-2016, 10:16 PM
No. As my fellow naysayers have already said, it would risk losing its specialness if it was played too often. If anything, an updated GGTTH wouldn't go amiss, but I'd still like old Hector to be played each game, too.

Proclaimers have covered it, that would tick all boxes - think it's on YouTube....

Edson Arantes
22-02-2016, 10:37 PM
It's a **** song, be honest.

If it wasn't for the fact it mentioned Leith we wouldn't like it.

Keep to the original Hibs song.

:flag::flag:

Jonnyboy
22-02-2016, 10:46 PM

Nonsense

poolman
22-02-2016, 10:50 PM

Tosh and drivel

Viva_Palmeiras
22-02-2016, 10:53 PM

Bolinhas!

Hawick hibee
22-02-2016, 11:02 PM
Well for me SOL will never be overplayed or become boring, it is a song that always reminds me of my late grandfather who was a leither. Just so happens to be a song about the area my team are in too win win situation for me. I agree with most no need to change anything as it seems to be played at the right times and whenever it's played its HIBS CLASS

Sir David Gray
22-02-2016, 11:03 PM

No offence but that's pish.

snooky
22-02-2016, 11:13 PM
Personally, I think it should be the National Anthem. :stirrer:

iwasthere1972
22-02-2016, 11:15 PM
Personally, I think it should be the National Anthem. :stirrer:

Now you are pushing it. :greengrin

shetlandhibee
22-02-2016, 11:41 PM
it is such a spectacle when the songs being sung with everbody proudly holding there scarfs wide, it is such a special song and sight, they just seem more and more folk just want to film it?why not film it and hold scarf at the same time?:aok: still the most awsome spectacle in world football tho :agree:

Dashing Bob S
22-02-2016, 11:46 PM
Yes. Both Spurs and Man U have versions of the GGTTH. Nobody else has SOL, never can, never will. Let's stand out from the pack and celebrate our uniqueness as a club.

It's a nice song, but let's face it nobody is going to post us singing GGTTH all over the world. Keep it as a second in command. Let's have one of the most emotive songs written about where we come from by fans of our great club.

I'll go further- anybody who prefers GGTTH is a minging old Jakey pseudo-Jambo loser who has never had sex outwith a member of their own family and only then back in the 80's.

mca
23-02-2016, 12:02 AM
I would Save It for - Cup Finals.. http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

HibsNutter
23-02-2016, 01:13 AM
If not now then it will be eventually, don't know many younger fans who really care for ggtth, the older generation can relate to the song, with lyrics about beating European teams and the famous five, while we can't. Also cringe a bit at the 'Scottish cup is in the bag' line:greengrin

Sunshine on Leith has moved me so much more than any other Hibs related song, and I feel it should definitely be our official anthem, without a shadow of a doubt.

cabbageandribs1875
23-02-2016, 02:52 AM
If not now then it will be eventually, don't know many younger fans who really care for ggtth, the older generation can relate to the song, with lyrics about beating European teams and the famous five, while we can't. Also cringe a bit at the 'Scottish cup is in the bag' line:greengrin

Sunshine on Leith has moved me so much more than any other Hibs related song, and I feel it should definitely be our official anthem, without a shadow of a doubt.

maybe if you youngsters actually sang/clapped in time when GGTTH was playing(instead of 140 MPH speed) yi's would maybe appreciate the song more :greengrin even the john McGinn song didn't sound very good during the game(imho) against the puddle drinkers because different stands were singing it at different speeds(and even different speeds in the East itself) it's not a race to get to the end, said McGinn song would be great if sang slooooooooower :cb

s.a.m
23-02-2016, 08:29 AM
No.

I agree with all of this. I think making it official would sort of devalue it, and everyone knows it's ours anyway. Don't overplay it; keep it special and powerful.:aok::flag:

Big_Franck
23-02-2016, 08:32 AM
No.

Agreed.

ManBearPig
23-02-2016, 08:59 AM
Agree with most don't want this overplayed

smithy_hibees
23-02-2016, 09:58 AM

Really??? biggest pile of Sh*te ive read on here in years..
SOL:flag::flag::flag:

CallumLaidlaw
23-02-2016, 10:18 AM
it's a **** song, be honest.

If it wasn't for the fact it mentioned leith we wouldn't like it.

Keep to the original hibs song.

ltyf

McIntosh
23-02-2016, 10:25 AM

***** off!! To me it is the national anthem!!!!

SlickShoes
23-02-2016, 10:38 AM
I've voted no, we need to be careful with it, there was a time a few years ago where the tannoy guy played it all the time and it was turgid and depressing having it rolled out every time we done something half decent.

It should appear sporadically when we actually get a memorable win or win something.

SeanWilson
23-02-2016, 10:43 AM
not for me... cult anthem, yes, club anthem, no.

CropleyWasGod
23-02-2016, 10:43 AM

"I only want to see the Scottish Cup is in the bag"

What's to cringe at that? :cb

oramhibee
23-02-2016, 10:52 AM
There are two versions of The H***** song, The Hector Nicol version and a more upbeat version by God knows who (both terrible). Someone could probably update GGTTH.

Edson Arantes
23-02-2016, 11:31 AM
ltyf

No need for name calling.

Especially that one.

It is/was my opinion that it is not a great song. I do however think it sounds good coming from the stands.

I stand by my opinion that it's a weak song.

Danderhall Hibs
23-02-2016, 11:38 AM

:

My father in law (Hibby of 60+ years) thinks it's a depressing/sad song.

He's got a bee in his bonnet about us not being a Leith team as well though so I think that contributes to his complaint.

JimBHibees
23-02-2016, 11:43 AM

Wonderful song, LTYF. :greengrin

jacomo
23-02-2016, 12:11 PM
Yes. Both Spurs and Man U have versions of the GGTTH. Nobody else has SOL, never can, never will. Let's stand out from the pack and celebrate our uniqueness as a club.

It's a nice song, but let's face it nobody is going to post us singing GGTTH all over the world. Keep it as a second in command. Let's have one of the most emotive songs written about where we come from by fans of our great club.

I'll go further- anybody who prefers GGTTH is a minging old Jakey pseudo-Jambo loser who has never had sex outwith a member of their own family and only then back in the 80's.

Don't think anyone is saying they prefer GGTTH to SOL. Just that SOL should remain the fans' song, to express our feelings towards the club when we wish to do so, and not the official anthem.

Edson Arantes
23-02-2016, 12:19 PM
Wonderful song, LTYF. :greengrin

You know what?

I wasn't going to post my opinion last night but did. I suspected I would get this Yam nonsense and true to form, twice already.

Its insulting to me to be called that and frankly ridiculous that, on a fansite, if ones opinion differs from that of the masses then there is name calling etc.

I know other people who think the song is a dirge and lyrically weak and they are also lifelong Hibs supporters like myself. My father hates the song and loves the Hibs. Is he in trouble too?

However, I will now just agree with whatever is popular on here to keep the peace.

GGTTH :flag:

bigwheel
23-02-2016, 12:22 PM
You know what?

I wasn't going to post my opinion last night but did. I suspected I would get this Yam nonsense and true to form, twice already.

Its insulting to me to be called that and frankly ridiculous that, on a fansite, if ones opinion differs from that of the masses then there is name calling etc.

I know other people who think the song is a dirge and lyrically weak and they are also lifelong Hibs supporters like myself. My father hates the song and loves the Hibs. Is he in trouble too?

However, I will now just agree with whatever is popular on here to keep the peace.

I don't think your a Yam, I do think you must have terrible taste in music however...it's a modern classical poem...a beautiful love song....

RyeSloan
23-02-2016, 12:26 PM
You know what? I wasn't going to post my opinion last night but did. I suspected I would get this Yam nonsense and true to form, twice already. Its insulting to me to be called that and frankly ridiculous that, on a fansite, if ones opinion differs from that of the masses then there is name calling etc. I know other people who think the song is a dirge and lyrically weak and they are also lifelong Hibs supporters like myself. My father hates the song and loves the Hibs. Is he in trouble too? However, I will now just agree with whatever is popular on here to keep the peace. GGTTH :flag:

Ha you are easily insulted then! You have to expect some come back when posting rather controversial views and a couple of tongue in cheek ltyf's is not exactly my definition of insulting or ridiculous..

I agree it's not the worlds best song on its own but the combo of thousands of fans singing it and the emotion it generates has elevated it way beyond its base lyrical qualities alone.

WeeRussell
23-02-2016, 12:28 PM

P*sh

Even rival fans would admit it is a briliant song - but they can't as it's ours.

Just Alf
23-02-2016, 12:36 PM
No.

No.

I've voted Yes..... that was my initial emotional response.... as I thought about though, these two posts reflect my views better!

Edson Arantes
23-02-2016, 12:36 PM
I don't think your a Yam, I do think you must have terrible taste in music however...it's a modern classical poem...a beautiful love song....

Right right..

Got it! :agree:

And youre right - I'm not one of them. :thumbsup:

Edson Arantes
23-02-2016, 12:39 PM
P*sh

Even rival fans would admit it is a briliant song - but they can't as it's ours.

I'm like a dog with a bone here.

I know Hearts fans who are actually jealous of us having such an anthem.

It is not a brilliant song however.

Sorry in advance.

CallumLaidlaw
23-02-2016, 12:40 PM

Sorry in advance.

In your opinion.

Danderhall Hibs
23-02-2016, 12:42 PM
In your opinion.

Is it compulsory to add IMO to your post now? Seems fairly clear to me it's his opinion, just as those that like it have not stated it's their opinion but I knoew what they meant.

A bit OTT IMO.

Edson Arantes
23-02-2016, 12:43 PM
In your opinion.

Yes, in my opinion. You've got yours and I've got mine. :thumbsup:

Anyway, GGTTH.

Edson Arantes
23-02-2016, 12:47 PM
Is it compulsory to add IMO to your post now? Seems fairly clear to me it's his opinion, just as those that like it have not stated it's their opinion but I knoew what they meant.

A bit OTT IMO.

Thanks.

Sensibility outbreak alert.

JimBHibees
23-02-2016, 12:47 PM
You know what?

Get over yourself. Attention seeking, look at me I hate SOL. :boo hoo:

WeeRussell
23-02-2016, 12:48 PM

Sorry in advance.

Cool - No need for apologies :aok:

Although now I'm confused as to whether we agree or disagree :greengrin

:flag:

Edson Arantes
23-02-2016, 12:53 PM
Get over yourself. Attention seeking, look at me I hate SOL. :boo hoo:

I don't "hate" it.

I think it is a poor song, that's all.

God, I wish I had never said a word. :lips seal

Edson Arantes
23-02-2016, 12:55 PM
Cool - No need for apologies :aok:

Although now I'm confused as to whether we agree or disagree :greengrin

:flag:

Oh honestly, we agree.

We really really do.

Mountains and molehills come to mind.

:na na:

CallumLaidlaw
23-02-2016, 02:01 PM

A bit OTT IMO.

How is it OTT? I wasn't saying that he had to use, "IMO", it was just my way of saying I disagreed with him.

Danderhall Hibs
23-02-2016, 02:07 PM
How is it OTT? I wasn't saying that he had to use, "IMO", it was just my way of saying I disagreed with him.

I meant it'd be a bit OTT if you have to add IMO to the end of everything you post so everyone's clear.

It came across as if you were hounding him for daring to be different.

heretoday
23-02-2016, 02:12 PM
Official? Why?

:agree:

Dashing Bob S
23-02-2016, 02:23 PM
Yes, in my opinion. You've got yours and I've got mine. :thumbsup:

Anyway, GGTTH.

Don't listen to the doubters my friend. I'm occasionally dismissed as an undercover Hearts fan on here too, so I feel your pain.

Makes matters worse that the ugly rumors were started by my own sister. Families, huh.

CropleyWasGod
23-02-2016, 02:41 PM
Don't listen to the doubters my friend. I'm occasionally dismissed as an undercover Hearts fan on here too, so I feel your pain.

Makes matters worse that the ugly rumors were started by my own sister. Families, huh.

Hearts fan...ugly...sister.

You just know what comes next, don't you?

:greengrin

Edson Arantes
23-02-2016, 03:01 PM
Hearts fan...ugly...sister.

You just know what comes next, don't you?

:greengrin

Probably going to regret this but..

no.

:confused:

Edson Arantes
23-02-2016, 03:04 PM

Hearts fan with over 21,000 posts on here? :confused::confused:

They must be joking. :agree:

NAE NOOKIE
23-02-2016, 04:09 PM
No ..... I don't think making it official would add anything and like a lot of folk I kind of like the idea that the song belongs to the fans more than the club. I also agree that it should be used sparingly, that keeps it special.

As for the quality of the song itself, that's rarely a factor in what makes for a great 'anthem' its the sentiment behind the song that makes it great .... I wouldn't say YNWA is a great song either, but the Liverpool fans have made it iconic, as we are well on the way to doing with SOL.

First rule of enduring football anthems ...... under no circumstances should the song mention the name of the club :greengrin

Jack Hackett
23-02-2016, 04:23 PM
No ..... I don't think making it official would add anything and like a lot of folk I kind of like the idea that the song belongs to the fans more than the club. I also agree that it should be used sparingly, that keeps it special.

As for the quality of the song itself, that's rarely a factor in what makes for a great 'anthem' its the sentiment behind the song that makes it great .... I wouldn't say YNWA is a great song either, but the Liverpool fans have made it iconic, as we are well on the way to doing with SOL.

First rule of enduring football anthems ...... under no circumstances should the song mention the name of the club :greengrin

....or the big cup....at least not yet :greengrin

Keith_M
23-02-2016, 04:30 PM
It is what it is, no need to make anything 'official'

hibees 7062
23-02-2016, 04:37 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/1426129_1338169332875769_1558712062048354274_n.jpg ?oh=895f1b8b5add7f1899d06a3f80e7234e&oe=575B453A

Malongoals
23-02-2016, 04:54 PM
It should be played after wins against Hearts, Celtic and Rangers, victories in important European matches and of course cup finals

Super_JMcGinn
23-02-2016, 05:09 PM
It should be played after wins against Hearts, Celtic and Rangers, victories in important European matches and of course cup finals
Given their obvious hatred/jealousy of the song I think it should be played after a victory against Hearts only. Cup Finals as well :wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
23-02-2016, 07:11 PM
Surely a contender from the 70s (apologies kids)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js7T-VTL91k&sns=em

Kavinho
23-02-2016, 08:15 PM
I've voted Yes..... that was my initial emotional response.... as I thought about though, these two posts reflect my views better!

Ive just done exactly the same !

despite a yes vote, I'm now in the better as it is camp.

CentreLine
23-02-2016, 08:22 PM
Ive just done exactly the same !

despite a yes vote, I'm now in the better as it is camp.

Ditto! I was a little quick to vote. After some consideration I think Sunshine on Leith should be something special that comes out after a victory and especially on the big occasions at ER or neutral grounds.

Sir David Gray
23-02-2016, 08:28 PM
I'm not quite sure what changing its status from unofficial to official would actually mean.

Would it mean that we would start playing it during every home match? If so then that's not for me.

Sunshine on Leith was absolutely fantastic last Tuesday night, just like it was absolutely fantastic in 2007 after we won the League Cup.

Playing it before a game against Alloa, when the ground's half empty, wouldn't quite have the same effect and it's not really a song that's suited to that sort of environment.

It's a "big game" song which should be left to the "big games".

mutley
23-02-2016, 09:58 PM
I voted yes, but now that I have had a bit more time to think, I don't want SOL "spoiled" by over use. Can I change my vote to a "No".
Glory Glory To The Hibees should be the official anthem, with SOL for big games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibby_Paul
23-02-2016, 10:19 PM
I'm not quite sure what changing its status from unofficial to official would actually mean.

Would it mean that we would start playing it during every home match? If so then that's not for me.

Sunshine on Leith was absolutely fantastic last Tuesday night, just like it was absolutely fantastic in 2007 after we won the League Cup.

Playing it before a game against Alloa, when the ground's half empty, wouldn't quite have the same effect and it's not really a song that's suited to that sort of environment.

It's a "big game" song which should be left to the "big games".

100% agree

Eyrie
23-02-2016, 10:38 PM
I don't "hate" it.

I think it is a poor song, that's all.

God, I wish I had never said a word. :lips seal

If you hadn't said anything then I'd have been the only one honest enough to state that I don't like "Sunshine On Leith". The amount of abuse you've subsequently taken doesn't change the fact that it's maudlin crap.

Nor does it change the fact that it's our maudlin crap and therefore tolerable when used in an appropriate context by Hibs.

LustForLeith
24-02-2016, 12:09 AM
I love the Hibees Hibernian song just because it brings back good memories. I was at Easer Road the night that 30,000 copies were delivered. The driver was chuffed telling me and my mate all amount it. At that precise moment a Rolls Royce turned up and Steve Archibald got out to sign for us. As he passed he said "alright" to me and my mate. He must have been impressed with the welcoming committee of two youngster looking shifty.

Probably not so impressed with the fact we were climbing out of the skip outside Easter Road at the time. Me and my mate Div heard a rumour that officials at Hibs would squeeze a ball and bounce it. If the ball was deemed flat Hibs would throw it away, hence why we we're looking in the skip for Mitre balls.

Hibees Hibernian and Archibald - two Hibs greats that arrived on the same night.

Edson Arantes
24-02-2016, 02:37 PM
If you hadn't said anything then I'd have been the only one honest enough to state that I don't like "Sunshine On Leith". The amount of abuse you've subsequently taken doesn't change the fact that it's maudlin crap.

Nor does it change the fact that it's our maudlin crap and therefore tolerable when used in an appropriate context by Hibs.

:rockin::aok:

Viva_Palmeiras
24-02-2016, 04:18 PM
Thought the thread was about whether SOL should be the anthem or not.

WeeRussell
24-02-2016, 07:10 PM
Thought the thread was about whether SOL should be the anthem or not.

It is. Wouldn't be much of a thread if everyone was just posting "Yes" or "No" though. Surely conversation related to the song isn't a bad thing?

capitals_finest
24-02-2016, 07:40 PM

Rubbish- it's a great song.

No need for it to be the club anthem- no need for it to be overplayed as it may take away the special feeling that surrounds it when it is played.

I still like Glory Glory to the hibees too.

Jack Hackett
24-02-2016, 07:53 PM
It is. Wouldn't be much of a thread if everyone was just posting "Yes" or "No" though. Surely conversation related to the song isn't a bad thing?

The subject has stimulated debate, and I for one, appreciate the differing views. It was not my intention to suggest that SoL be trotted out before every game. It's special and should remain so. Any good debate will have the power to change peoples minds, and I have to admit that I've changed mine....to a degree :greengrin

I'd still like GGTTH to be given an update though :wink:

heretoday
24-02-2016, 07:56 PM
Why do we have to have an official anthem?!

What's Rangers anthem? No Surrender?

s club 7-0
24-02-2016, 09:52 PM
Already is...

broondog
24-02-2016, 11:34 PM
Already is...

this. absolutely f***ing love it too

seanshow
24-02-2016, 11:55 PM
just back from tonights game id make the anthem, public enemy - dont believe the hype

..and the motto, remember teams are allowed to attack you as well! lol

KdyHby
20-05-2016, 12:06 PM
http://themusic.com.au/music/livereviews/2016/04/15/the-proclaimers-perth-concert-hall-daniel-cribb/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

AL-Qaholik
20-05-2016, 12:11 PM
Anything but "Zoom Zoom"... :sick:

TAHibby
20-05-2016, 12:20 PM
Play it very sparingly, don't see what difference making it official would do accept mean playing it before every match.... Also think GG is fine, don't think it needs an update

Scotchmist
20-05-2016, 12:25 PM
I would Save It for - Cup Finals.. http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Yep! Keep it for big games. Was great to see, hear and be part of it at the LC final in 2007. I love the song but it's not for every game.

Anyway, fans know what they want to sing and when to sing it.

GGTTH

pacoluna
20-05-2016, 02:29 PM

Hibee Hibernian is my favorite :flag:

Don't Particularly like Glory Glory its unoriginal.