PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine On Leith, Over the world!

Thecat23
22-02-2016, 06:08 PM
Since Sky uploaded the rendition of SOL after the Hearts game I've had a mate in Canada say he's seen something over there about it. Also someone just posted that a German Mag has a 2 page spread on us.

So does anyone know how far this has traveled or anyone with friends and family that are miles away yet have seen this. Seems this video after the game has been talked about all over the world and it would be good if folk could post things if they see or here it.

Monts
22-02-2016, 06:22 PM
I have family in Canada who 'liked' the video of it I put on Facebook. Not sure if that counts.

Thecat23
22-02-2016, 06:23 PM
I have family in Canada who 'liked' the video of it I put on Facebook. Not sure if that counts.

Well suppose their friends will see what they liked so yeah it counts 😁👍🏼

Hibbyradge
22-02-2016, 06:28 PM
It's not as far as Germany never mind Canada, but I heard folk talking about it in a pub in York a few weeks ago.

One guy was saying it was incredible, and I was very pleased to be able to tell them that I had been there.

Thecat23
22-02-2016, 06:29 PM
It's not as far as Germany never mind Canada, but I heard folk talking about it in a pub in York a few weeks ago.

One guy was saying it was incredible, and I was very pleased to be able to tell them that I had been there.

Superb, just shows folk are talking about us! Can only be a good thing for the club after the crap we've had to endure over the years.

blackpoolhibs
22-02-2016, 06:58 PM
I have had numerous folk tell me they have seen it and how impressed they were. :top marks

Alex Trager
22-02-2016, 07:15 PM
I have had numerous folk tell me they have seen it and how impressed they were. :top marks

Cracking. Hopefully increase our rep Dan sath

LaMotta
22-02-2016, 07:45 PM
Soccer blogger in the USA has written about it saying best fans video ever seen!

https://nopadsjustballs.wordpress.com/2016/02/20/sunshine-on-leith/

Bostonhibby
22-02-2016, 07:52 PM
Cracking. Hopefully increase our rep Dan sath

Showed it to Leicester fan I sit next to, very impressed, he had heard of the yam and asked what they do, have to confess I told him their speciality is silent scarf twirling, the response was WTF do they do that for?:greengrin

Thecat23
22-02-2016, 07:57 PM
Soccer blogger in the USA has written about it saying best fans video ever seen!

https://nopadsjustballs.wordpress.com/2016/02/20/sunshine-on-leith/

Brilliant mate, cheers for sharing that 👍🏼

lucky
22-02-2016, 08:01 PM
An Arsenal ST holder texted me about it

Jonnyboy
22-02-2016, 08:04 PM
Apparently a member of the band The Farm has tweeted "It doesn't matter who you support, this is just brilliant"

:thumbsup:

nellio
22-02-2016, 08:04 PM
There's a thread on the Cardiff City forum about it!

There's also a thread about our "from the capital" song as some City fans looking to adopt it.

AlbertK86
22-02-2016, 08:06 PM
Soccer blogger in the USA has written about it saying best fans video ever seen! https://nopadsjustballs.wordpress.com/2016/02/20/sunshine-on-leith/

Absolutely fantastic .... Nothing any other team has can match that

Stick yer H E A R T S song right up yer jacksy

Imagine the scenes and rendition if we ever win the Scottish Cup

Albanian Hibs
22-02-2016, 08:06 PM
Amazing 💚

EH6 Hibby
22-02-2016, 08:12 PM
Apparently a member of the band The Farm has tweeted "It doesn't matter who you support, this is just brilliant"

I wonder if they know their song gets played at every home game?

Jonnyboy
22-02-2016, 08:18 PM
I wonder if they know their song gets played at every home game?

I don't do twitter or I'd tweet and tell him :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
22-02-2016, 08:32 PM
Imagine if we win the final, it will be sent all over the world, great to build positives about the club with this

Thecat23
22-02-2016, 08:38 PM
There's a thread on the Cardiff City forum about it!

There's also a thread about our "from the capital" song as some City fans looking to adopt it.

Just had a look, was good to read what they thought of it. Bar one or two the rest think Hibs are superb 😎

KdyHby
22-02-2016, 08:46 PM
http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=169275

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=169393

LaMotta
22-02-2016, 08:58 PM
Brilliant mate, cheers for sharing that 👍🏼

Also seen it tweeted about by journalists in Helsinki and also the bbc head of social media who is bound to know what a good online video is like!

Swedish hibee
22-02-2016, 09:38 PM
Seen it here on TV in Sweden- had tears in my eyes! Was only on for about 10 seconds, but that's all you need :scarf:

iwasthere1972
22-02-2016, 09:40 PM
Just had a look, was good to read what they thought of it. Bar one or two the rest think Hibs are superb 

Just took the one jealous twat to come up with the usual guff detracting from what was a great rendition of one of the best anthems (official or non official) around. I expect that the culprit was a Jambo.

Sir David Gray
22-02-2016, 09:58 PM
My former manager at work (Celtic fan) mentioned to me today that someone had sent her the video on Facebook and she said how impressive it was. :aok:

Not very far afield but it was nice to hear, regardless. :greengrin

poolman
22-02-2016, 10:00 PM
Showed it to Leicester fan I sit next to, very impressed, he had heard of the yam and asked what they do, have to confess I told him their speciality is silent scarf twirling, the response was WTF do they do that for?:greengrin

😂

skipster7
22-02-2016, 10:50 PM

They've got to do something to keep the flies off 😄

Sir David Gray
22-02-2016, 10:55 PM

I would just be totally honest with him and say;

"What else do you expect from 15,000 boring ********?"

:greengrin

hfc rd
22-02-2016, 11:44 PM
Whatsapped the video to a family member in India and he was just blown away at how good it was.

Big90inOz
23-02-2016, 02:34 AM
It been doing the rounds in Oz, seen it a few times.

I support the Fremantle Dockers Aussie Rules team ( mainly because they are a port team and play in purple plus have a green change top), we get 35-39,000 at all home games. The derbies over East and the finals which can have crowds of close to 100,000 never ever get even close to that atmosphere. Love the game but the passion is not there in the stands.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-02-2016, 05:19 AM
The 07 one has half a million views on youtube. The comments on it from football fans all around the world are brilliant to read!

Keith_M
23-02-2016, 05:37 AM
Since Sky uploaded the rendition of SOL after the Hearts game I've had a mate in Canada say he's seen something over there about it. Also someone just posted that a German Mag has a 2 page spread on us.

So does anyone know how far this has traveled or anyone with friends and family that are miles away yet have seen this. Seems this video after the game has been talked about all over the world and it would be good if folk could post things if they see or here it.

The article was based on the rendtion at the 2007 LC Final but, anyway....

...any excuse to re-post the picture gratefully acccepted :greengrin

Bostonhibby
23-02-2016, 06:00 AM
I would just be totally honest with him and say;

"What else do you expect from 15,000 boring ********?"

:greengrin
To be fair there could be a few cardigans being twirled in there as well.

Greencore
23-02-2016, 06:15 AM
Seen it here on TV in Sweden- had tears in my eyes! Was only on for about 10 seconds, but that's all you need :scarf:
What channel?

lyonhibs
23-02-2016, 06:26 AM
I love SoL after a big win, it's a great tune and it's great to see it getting wider recognition.

I do feel however that we need to be careful and avoid becoming too schmaltzy, Celtc-esque and "och whaes like us" about it. To be brought to tears whilst watching a video of it has a hint of the "Bulgarian balcony" syndrome about it IMO.

Actually being in the midst of it is a different question altogether obviously.

Dublin07
23-02-2016, 06:50 AM

He is a pal of AS and he has been to see us at least once this season. Read an article on Twitter about it just after we adopted the all together now slogan.
I have had likes on the SOL video from NZ, Australia, Norway and Wales.

HibsNibs
23-02-2016, 09:31 AM
I love SoL after a big win, it's a great tune and it's great to see it getting wider recognition.

I do feel however that we need to be careful and avoid becoming too schmaltzy, Celtc-esque and "och whaes like us" about it. To be brought to tears whilst watching a video of it has a hint of the "Bulgarian balcony" syndrome about it IMO.

Actually being in the midst of it is a different question altogether obviously.

Even after a Googling I don't know what "Bulgarian balcony" syndrome means, got a link ?

lyonhibs
23-02-2016, 09:42 AM
Even after a Googling I don't know what "Bulgarian balcony" syndrome means, got a link ?

Haha it relates to a quote from a puddle drinker over on JKB who confessed to all in sundry that he was so proud of Hearts achievements (or something) under Budge (or perhaps it was linked to their - admittedly half decent - retro 2014 home shirt) that he was crying tears of pride from the balcony of his Bulgarian holiday home.

Utterly cringeworthy, in other words.

HibsNibs
23-02-2016, 09:51 AM
Got it, cheers. And I agree with you. We should keep it real and not trot it out all the time as a kind of party piece.

MB62
23-02-2016, 10:09 AM
It's a fantastic song, it's OUR song (with apologies to Craig & Charlie) we have had a few fantastic renditions of it, but I'm starting to get a wee bit of an uneasy feeling about things on the 'too much self praise syndrome'.

It's a song that no other football club can highjack but I agree that we should keep this for the special occasion.

lyonhibs
23-02-2016, 10:27 AM
It's a fantastic song, it's OUR song (with apologies to Craig & Charlie) we have had a few fantastic renditions of it, but I'm starting to get a wee bit of an uneasy feeling about things on the 'too much self praise syndrome'.

It's a song that no other football club can highjack but I agree that we should keep this for the special occasion.

AKA "We're pure TGFITW Celtc" syndrome that I alluded to in my previous post, and I agree entirely.

It'a a great song, unique and not replicable by any other team anywhere (unless Leith, N. Dakota has a major sports team, which I doubt!!)

But let's sing it with passion and then sit back and let others judge how awesome it is when done properly (their verdict seems unanimous anyway!!) instead of getting all up in a lather about how wonderful we are ourselves (not that anyone is on this thread or elsewhere necessarily, but it is a slippery slope!)

JimBHibees
23-02-2016, 10:33 AM

Sure I read the lead singer of the Farm knows John Doolan and was up for the Rangers game at ER earlier in the season.

WeeRussell
23-02-2016, 11:24 AM
AKA "We're pure TGFITW Celtc" syndrome that I alluded to in my previous post, and I agree entirely.

It'a a great song, unique and not replicable by any other team anywhere (unless Leith, N. Dakota has a major sports team, which I doubt!!)

But let's sing it with passion and then sit back and let others judge how awesome it is when done properly (their verdict seems unanimous anyway!!) instead of getting all up in a lather about how wonderful we are ourselves (not that anyone is on this thread or elsewhere necessarily, but it is a slippery slope!)

If you're not saying that any Hibs fans are getting too carried away with the self-praise but you're equally concerned about a slippery slope.... I think you worry too much :greengrin

23-02-2016, 11:29 AM
"SoL is *****"
"SoL is well over rated"
"Wish hibs fans would stop sharing SoL videos"

^ Just a few comments on facebook from a few very bitter, jealous yams :greengrin

Get back to your *****y song trying spell your own name. You lot will never have an anthem even remotely as good as special as SoL :bye:

Jack Hackett
23-02-2016, 12:18 PM
Haha it relates to a quote from a puddle drinker over on JKB who confessed to all in sundry that he was so proud of Hearts achievements (or something) under Budge (or perhaps it was linked to their - admittedly half decent - retro 2014 home shirt) that he was crying tears of pride from the balcony of his Bulgarian holiday home.

Utterly cringeworthy, in other words.

If memory serves, was it not on the back of one of their heavy defeats during the season they had to blood their youngsters?

....found it :greengrin

post 21

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/132808-this-isnt-just-a-club/#entry3809671

Not actually a heavy defeat, but loads of delusion concerning their ability to avoid the drop

Edson Arantes
23-02-2016, 12:53 PM
Can I just say....

Joking :wink:

Wouldnt dare!