PDA

View Full Version : Football/Hibs Memorabilia

LustForLeith
22-02-2016, 11:06 AM
Alright!

Having a clear out of some boxes in my bedroom and found stacks of football programmes that I've collected over the years.

I've got a lot from the late 1980s from Easter Road that are in decent nick. Also got some interesting ones

Meadowbank v Hibs/Hearts select for Walter Boyds testimonial in 1989

Football writers aw player of the year bash which was signed by Hibs boss Tony Mowbray who took home manager of the year award

Also got two Hibs v Dundee United BP Youth Cup final programmes from 1990 where United have the likes of Gary Bollan, Andy McLaren and Duncan Ferguson featuring

(And a programme from Gordon Raes testimonial against Man U tied that I got signed by Gordon Strachan, Mark Hughes and Bobby Charlton!)

I'm not sure what do to with these? Has anyone got any experience of selling stuff like this. And has anyone got any interesting football stuff they've collected from over the years.

Just being nosey!

Thanks

jarre1875
22-02-2016, 12:54 PM
Hi. If you were wanting to sell stuff you could try the guy in the programme shop just round from the stadium. He might not take a load but he would look at them for you. Otherwise try ebay.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

grammyb111
22-02-2016, 04:29 PM
I'm looking for Hibs v Airdrie from the Scottish Cup in 1991/92 if you have that?

Iggy Pope
22-02-2016, 08:02 PM
Alright!

Having a clear out of some boxes in my bedroom and found stacks of football programmes that I've collected over the years.

I've got a lot from the late 1980s from Easter Road that are in decent nick. Also got some interesting ones

Meadowbank v Hibs/Hearts select for Walter Boyds testimonial in 1989

Football writers aw player of the year bash which was signed by Hibs boss Tony Mowbray who took home manager of the year award

Also got two Hibs v Dundee United BP Youth Cup final programmes from 1990 where United have the likes of Gary Bollan, Andy McLaren and Duncan Ferguson featuring

(And a programme from Gordon Raes testimonial against Man U tied that I got signed by Gordon Strachan, Mark Hughes and Bobby Charlton!)

I'm not sure what do to with these? Has anyone got any experience of selling stuff like this. And has anyone got any interesting football stuff they've collected from over the years.

Just being nosey!

Thanks

You have a Private Msg....

Hibernian Verse
22-02-2016, 08:13 PM
Whilst on the topic. I have a CIS Cup Final programme signed by the entire squad. Any idea how much it's now worth?

mutley
22-02-2016, 11:14 PM
Whilst on the topic. I have a CIS Cup Final programme signed by the entire squad. Any idea how much it's now worth?

It's only worth whatever someone is willing to pay. It's the same as any collect able item

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NadeAteMyLunch!
22-02-2016, 11:20 PM
I recently found Hibs v Everton from a pre season friendly when Stubbs played for Everton. There is a player feature on him and Wayne Rooney. The Stubbs feature talks about how we all stood up and applauded him in his first game back after fighting cancer [emoji106] Also found my 6-2 programme in perfect nick.

LustForLeith
23-02-2016, 10:34 AM
I'm looking for Hibs v Airdrie from the Scottish Cup in 1991/92 if you have that?

Sorry, not got that!

I'll go through them and list them which is what I should have done on my day off instead of reading them all!

LustForLeith
23-02-2016, 10:35 AM
You have a Private Msg....

Cheers! Replied!

Hermit Crab
23-02-2016, 11:10 AM
I have a 0-7 programme signed by a lot of the team including shades. Open to offers. :greengrin

Hiber-nation
23-02-2016, 11:37 AM

Aye I've got that - yours for free. PM me and I can send it on if you want.

I've got most home programmes from 72-73 to 2010-11 plus a fair amount of aways.

I only want to keep the important ones so if anyone is needing a specific programme give me a shout.

grammyb111
23-02-2016, 12:34 PM

I've got most home programmes from 72-73 to 2010-11 plus a fair amount of aways.

I only want to keep the important ones so if anyone is needing a specific programme give me a shout.

You have a PM kind sir!

Edson Arantes
23-02-2016, 01:05 PM
I have a 0-7 programme signed by a lot of the team including shades. Open to offers. :greengrin

If Carlsberg did priceless items then...

Hermit Crab
23-02-2016, 02:07 PM
If Carlsberg did priceless items then...

Like I say I'm open to offers [emoji14]

sleeping giant
23-02-2016, 02:20 PM

Hibs class !

My Dad has bags of really old programmes from the 50's/60's.
Most of them are priced at 4d and 6d so must be before 71 at least.
The ones that stick out in memory were Hadjuk Split ,Leeds, Sir Paddys testimonial and a Centenery special.
Something at the back of my mind is thinking Peeble Rovers too but I'm not sure if I'm making that up :greengrin
I'll need to have a look next time.

sleeping giant
23-02-2016, 02:22 PM

Has anyone offered to buy it in the past ?

Edson Arantes
23-02-2016, 02:57 PM

Seriously?

Iggy Pope
26-02-2016, 02:41 PM

Sent you a PM.....

LustForLeith
27-02-2016, 07:19 PM
Spent the afternoon cheering myself up as events in Dumbarton progressed by looking through the programmes.

An interesting point is I seem to have two different programmes for one day. Hibs played Rangers on 25 March 1988 and I have a programme for that. I also have a programme for a game against Hamilton on the same day.

Was this a printing mistake or was the Hamilton game cancelled? Programmes have different content.

fatbloke
28-02-2016, 12:42 AM
I have a small porcelain teddy bear made by prisoners in Shotts jail made during the Whyte & Mackay sponsorship time. Hibs strip all hand painted on. A wonderful piece of memorabilia. Stands 12 inches high and 8 wide. Generally keep it packed away but have it out on show. Vabsolute one off if I can get a picture up I will

Hermit Crab
28-02-2016, 02:54 PM
Seriously?

Yes, absolutely.

Has anyone offered to buy it in the past ?

Was on ebay a while ago but the winning bidder refused to pay. I haven't tried to sell it since

hibby6270
28-02-2016, 03:51 PM
Spent the afternoon cheering myself up as events in Dumbarton progressed by looking through the programmes.

An interesting point is I seem to have two different programmes for one day. Hibs played Rangers on 25 March 1988 and I have a programme for that. I also have a programme for a game against Hamilton on the same day.

Was this a printing mistake or was the Hamilton game cancelled? Programmes have different content.

Are you sure that's the correct date?

According to fitbastats.com we played a league game on 26 March 1988 against St Mirren.

patch1875
28-02-2016, 04:14 PM
I recently found Hibs v Everton from a pre season friendly when Stubbs played for Everton. There is a player feature on him and Wayne Rooney. The Stubbs feature talks about how we all stood up and applauded him in his first game back after fighting cancer [emoji106] Also found my 6-2 programme in perfect nick.

You could see the talent Rooney had that game.

Hermit Crab
28-02-2016, 05:32 PM
You could see the talent Rooney had that game.

Rooney got booked for a shocker then immediately subbed afterwords.

NadeAteMyLunch!
28-02-2016, 05:41 PM

Do you have 12th October 1988 v Rangers? My first ever game aged 4 [emoji106] I had the programme but not sure where it's gone. Cheers in advance.

LustForLeith
03-06-2016, 11:30 AM
Got something to add to the collection...just won a ball signed by the entire Hibs team on the day of the Scottish Cup final. As far as I've been only two were signed on the day.

That's the wee man's birthday sorted!!!

Geo_1875
03-06-2016, 12:23 PM
Got something to add to the collection...just won a ball signed by the entire Hibs team on the day of the Scottish Cup final. As far as I've been only two were signed on the day.

That's the wee man's birthday sorted!!!

Was that Marathonbet on Twitter?

LustForLeith
03-06-2016, 12:39 PM
Was that Marathonbet on Twitter?

Nah, a raffle in my work!

SteveHFC
03-06-2016, 02:27 PM

Have both of these in perfect condition. Oldest programme i've got has to be the 91 league cup final. :wink:

Callum7
03-06-2016, 03:16 PM
I've got a Franck Sauzée millennium picture framed with signature, a few signatures in a book, a Hibs v killie programmes with John Hughes signature and a ball signed by Terry Butcher and the team why haven't I thrown that out yet?