PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian Photos by Hibernian fans on FB

Scouse Hibee
22-02-2016, 08:38 AM
Just read this guys post on FB,he takes some great photos yet was reported to G4S on Sunday by fellow fans because there were kids in the photo he was taking. FFS I despair at some folk.

Scottie
22-02-2016, 08:53 AM
World has gone mad. Invasion of privacy. :rolleyes:

My_Wife_Camille
22-02-2016, 08:58 AM
Can it be an invasion of privacy when it's a very, very public place?

Beefster
22-02-2016, 08:59 AM
Depends on the photo IMHO. If it's a group/crowd photo then all good. If it's individual photos of kids then the photographer should be asking for permission before taking them.

Sir David Gray
22-02-2016, 11:38 AM
Depends on the photo IMHO. If it's a group/crowd photo then all good. If it's individual photos of kids then the photographer should be asking for permission before taking them.

Yep.

If it's a photo of a load of people and a couple of children happen to be in the picture then I'm not sure what can be done about that as it's a public place.

Individual pictures of children is a different story.

Scouse Hibee
22-02-2016, 12:01 PM
Yep.

If it's a photo of a load of people and a couple of children happen to be in the picture then I'm not sure what can be done about that as it's a public place.

Individual pictures of children is a different story.

They guy takes them all the time of groups and crowds not individual kids.

Silky
22-02-2016, 05:12 PM

Then I really don't see what the problem is. I take my daughter and would have no issue with her being in these photo's.

Are we now at the stage where, for example, BT or SKY panning into the crowd and showing kids would also render them liable to be reported? Absolute nonsense. Would be nice to hear the parents reasons for this, but I assume they will cower behind the cloak of anonymity.

Hibbyradge
22-02-2016, 05:22 PM
I assume they will cower behind the cloak of anonymity.

I'm pretty certain they won't be cowering behind anything as they haven't done anything wrong, never mind cowardly.

To be honest though, I wouldn't reveal my identity either, knowing the compassionate nature of social media and internet lynch mobs.

Silky
22-02-2016, 05:26 PM
I'm pretty certain they won't be cowering behind anything as they haven't done anything wrong, never mind cowardly.

To be honest though, I wouldn't reveal my identity either, knowing the compassionate nature of social media and internet lynch mobs.

Fair enough, but really, the guy's just taking photo's of a crowd at the football. They have obviously made allegations to report him so it would be nice to know what he has done wrong. Otherwise, alleging falsehoods WOULD mean they had done something wrong.

Hibbyradge
22-02-2016, 05:39 PM
Fair enough, but really, the guy's just taking photo's of a crowd at the football. They have obviously made allegations to report him so it would be nice to know what he has done wrong. Otherwise, alleging falsehoods WOULD mean they had done something wrong.

We have no idea what was "alleged"; if anything.

The people who reported him must have thought he was doing something wrong. He may have been or maybe his actions were entirely innocent.

The police will investigate and decide if there's a case to answer. I don't understand why people jump in and take sides on the back of a vague internet story before any facts are known.

Scouse Hibee
22-02-2016, 06:27 PM
We have no idea what was "alleged"; if anything.

The people who reported him must have thought he was doing something wrong. He may have been or maybe his actions were entirely innocent.

The police will investigate and decide if there's a case to answer. I don't understand why people jump in and take sides on the back of a vague internet story before any facts are known.

The facts are known so I am taking sides against the erseholes
who have made the photographer feel pretty damn awful with their daft allegations.

Hibbyradge
22-02-2016, 06:34 PM
who have made the photographer feel pretty damn awful with their daft allegations.

What were their daft allegations?

I'm not taking sides, but I'd never criticise parents for feeling uncomfortable about some random stranger taking photos of their children.

CropleyWasGod
22-02-2016, 06:34 PM
What are the allegations?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

HappyAsHellas
22-02-2016, 06:37 PM
What were their daft allegations?

I'm not taking sides, but I'd never criticise parents for feeling uncomfortable about some random stranger taking photos of their children.

Unless you get £250 from you've been framed:aok:

NAE NOOKIE
22-02-2016, 07:00 PM
What a sad world we do live in ....... not because parents get all squeaky arsed about folk pointing a camera at their kids, but that the climate now exists where they feel that there may be an ulterior motive in the mind of the photographer.

Back in the 90s we had a big hutch full of Guinea Pigs in the back garden .... one day a wee girl who lived in the house backing onto ours asked if she could see them, it would have taken 2 seconds to lift her over the fence, but I didn't even consider it because it just wasn't worth the risk ..... like I said, bloody sad :bitchy:

wookie70
22-02-2016, 07:07 PM
Then I really don't see what the problem is. I take my daughter and would have no issue with her being in these photo's.

Are we now at the stage where, for example, BT or SKY panning into the crowd and showing kids would also render them liable to be reported? Absolute nonsense. Would be nice to hear the parents reasons for this, but I assume they will cower behind the cloak of anonymity.

I have no issue with anyone taking my kids photos at a Hibs match. If the TV companies can do it then so can anyone else. Some people are far to precious about these things imo.

Sir David Gray
22-02-2016, 10:31 PM

Which is what I thought would be the case and I therefore have absolutely no problem with it at all.

If you're going to attend a public event where the media is present then you should expect to be in some photos/videos.

Hibbyradge
23-02-2016, 06:32 AM
If you're going to attend a public event where the media is present then you should expect to be in some photos/videos.

I didn't realise he was with the media. I thought he was just some stranger in the stand pointing a phone or camera at people.

If it was the latter, I can understand why some adults might feel uncomfortable having their photo taken, never mind parents with young children.

It's hard to come to a conclusion about this without any details, though.

Beefster
23-02-2016, 07:40 AM
Does anyone have a link to this guy's photos/posts?

Hibbyradge
23-02-2016, 09:24 PM
Did anyone find out the allegations?