ooft. Orgasmic.

Auckland Hibs
22-02-2016, 07:54 AM
Link for overseas viewers -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn3apDlxKzU

Great passes for the first two goals!

patlowe
22-02-2016, 08:11 AM
Boyle takes a fair whack when scoring the first one. It's one of football's strange little quirks that defenders can violently launch into the back of a player unpunished if said player is about to tap in.

danhibees1875
22-02-2016, 12:49 PM
Boyle takes a fair whack when scoring the first one. It's one of football's strange little quirks that defenders can violently launch into the back of a player unpunished if said player is about to tap in.

I was going to comment about exactly this. There is absolutely nothing to stop the ref from dishing out a retrospective yellow after the goal... I remember Scott Brown being on the receiving end of an even worse one when he scored against Celtic in the 3-1 game.

Also, at the time I thought Bartley done really well on the 2 against 1, and I still think he does great to not get too drawn in/over-commit himself to the man with the ball while maintaining a good position to block any pass. :thumbsup:

CallumLaidlaw
22-02-2016, 12:52 PM
I was going to comment about exactly this. There is absolutely nothing to stop the ref from dishing out a retrospective yellow after the goal... I remember Scott Brown being on the receiving end of an even worse one when he scored against Celtic in the 3-1 game.

Also, at the time I thought Bartley done really well on the 2 against 1, and I still think he does great to not get too drawn in/over-commit himself to the man with the ball while maintaining a good position to block any pass. :thumbsup:

Funny i watched the highlights this morning with my lad and we both screamed at the TV that the Alloa player should've been booked. Cycnical by the player as he knew he was never getting to it.

BArtley was calmness personified in the 2 v 1. He done similar at Tynecastle against Hearts. He is excellent at knowing when not to dive in and just allow team mates time to get back and basically just force the opponent into making the move.

Liam89
22-02-2016, 12:58 PM
Bartley is basically Makelele

hibsbollah
22-02-2016, 02:24 PM

Makelele with added Rocastle :agree:

ManBearPig
22-02-2016, 02:43 PM

Yeah loves the boxing too #rocky

KeithTheHibby
22-02-2016, 03:07 PM

With a hint of Matt Jack.:greengrin

KeithTheHibby
22-02-2016, 03:08 PM

It was Jackie Mac who did that the dirty wee bassa.

Mikey09
22-02-2016, 03:08 PM

Said the same on the match day thread. Boy tried to do Boyle just after he scored. How he wasn't even booked is beyond me! Dougie Hill. Dirty *******.

HibsNutter
22-02-2016, 03:14 PM
Still salivating over Keatings' assist, weighted to absolute perfection through a crowd of players, Henderson's was also class. Nice to still have players who can unlock defences when the team was severely weakened.

SaulGoodman
22-02-2016, 04:23 PM
What about that Alloa boy chucking himself to the ground after Mcgeouch bumped into him?

Eyrie
22-02-2016, 08:14 PM
Makelele did OK in the Marvy Bart role.

What about that Alloa boy chucking himself to the ground after Mcgeouch bumped into him?
Other way round - looked more like their player bumped into McGeouch before flinging himself to the ground in the box. He'd have been booked for a dive if the referee had seen it.