PDA

View Full Version : Celtic " clear out "

jdships
21-02-2016, 07:22 PM
If what we read in the press is correct there are anything between 17/22 " midfield players" at Parkhead
As has been reported that they do decide to have a " clearout" there is going to be few " rich pickings" among that lot !!!
Can Hibs look for a couple of bargains perhaps ?

HibsNutter
21-02-2016, 07:26 PM
We're not going to hold onto him if we stay down, but if we go up I'd like to see us at least attempt to hang on to Henderson. Doubt he'd get into Celtic's team as Allan and Christie struggle to at the moment, and Celtic need to significantly improve. They may try to sell him, but hopefully we're able to make an acceptable offer and get him in.

trev the hat
21-02-2016, 07:26 PM
No chance of either the 2 we have permanently coming so they can bolt !! & that includes any of ours they might fancy.
Lesser green & always will be !!

Michael
21-02-2016, 07:28 PM
Would love to keep Henderson, but he's playing so well that we couldn't afford him!

Ozyhibby
21-02-2016, 07:46 PM
Henderson will be a starter for Celtic next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djs69
21-02-2016, 07:48 PM
That fanny at ceptic doesn't have a clue so I wouldn't rule out getting him just yet. How Alan doesn't get a game is bizarre

Billy Whizz
21-02-2016, 07:56 PM
You wonder why they signed Scott Allan?

Joe6-2
21-02-2016, 08:03 PM

Just because they could!

Aldo
21-02-2016, 08:06 PM
Years ago I would of said no chance but now I would say anything is possible!

Going to enjoy Henderson whilst he is here. Also looking forward to more from Stokes who IMHO will get better with more game time!

Bayern Bru
21-02-2016, 09:35 PM
Celtic's midfield will look like this in the summer (incl. players who are out and out midfielders, or who can play in midfield and assuming none are sold).

Scott Allan, Kristoffer Ajer, Stuart Armstrong, Tom Rogic, Nir Bitton, Scott Brown, Ryan Christie, Kris Commons, Gary Mackay-Steven, Stefan Johansen, Patrick Roberts, Callum McGregor, James Forrest, Charlie Mulgrew, Kieran Tierney.

Add the likes of Joe Thomson, Jamie Lindsay and Connor McManus who are currently in the Dev Squad or on the fringes and that's 18 possible midfielders.

Deila's preferred starting five in a 4-2-3-1 seems to be Bitton, Brown, Johansen, Rogic/Armstrong and Forrest/GMS.

Roberts, the boy on loan from Man City, will undoubtedly get game time - he's signed an 18-month loan deal. So too will Commons, Christie, McGregor and I wouldn't bet against Ajer playing a handful of times either despite his young age.

Would Henderson really displace Johansen, Rogic, Armstrong, Forrest, GMS, Roberts, Commons, Christie or McGregor? He's younger than all of them and has far less experience.

Even if Celtic do sell any midfielders - and there's a chance they might - I don't think the Celtic management team reckon Henderson is quite ready for the first team yet.

I reckon he could be loaned out again next season - and if we get promoted, hopefully he could come back and continue his development.

Stranger things have happened.

iwasthere1972
21-02-2016, 10:43 PM

Only to get one over on the Huns.

Carheenlea
21-02-2016, 11:46 PM
Would Henderson really displace Johansen, Rogic, Armstrong, Forrest, GMS, Roberts, Commons, Christie or McGregor? He's younger than all of them and has far less experience.

What Liam Henderson has in his advantage is simple - he is a better player then all of them

MagicSwirlingShip
21-02-2016, 11:50 PM
What Liam Henderson has in his advantage is simple - he is a better player then all of them

This

snooky
22-02-2016, 12:13 AM
Henderson is so poor that I'd only offer him a 5 year contract as a token gesture of goodwill and also (just as a favour) help Celtc to reduce their wage bill.
But that's me being kind.

Dashing Bob S
22-02-2016, 12:22 AM
Henderson will be a starter for Celtic next season.

I personally doubt it. Celtic fans now demand promenade signings, and will continue to do so, even more so if the Huns are in the Premiership next season. I can't think of the last time a player came through the ranks there. I rate Henderson but one season of being effective in the championship won't make him a regular pick over their array of more limited but 'finished article' players

Haymaker
22-02-2016, 12:41 AM
I personally doubt it. Celtic fans now demand promenade signings, and will continue to do so, even more so if the Huns are in the Premiership next season. I can't think of the last time a player came through the ranks there. I rate Henderson but one season of being effective in the championship won't make him a regular pick over their array of more limited but 'finished article' players

James Forrest?

Bayern Bru
22-02-2016, 07:51 AM

I'd agree.

But the Celtic management team might not.

SeanWilson
22-02-2016, 08:01 AM
Celtic's midfield will look like this in the summer (incl. players who are out and out midfielders, or who can play in midfield and assuming none are sold).

Scott Allan, Kristoffer Ajer, Stuart Armstrong, Tom Rogic, Nir Bitton, Scott Brown, Ryan Christie, Kris Commons, Gary Mackay-Steven, Stefan Johansen, Patrick Roberts, Callum McGregor, James Forrest, Charlie Mulgrew, Kieran Tierney.

Add the likes of Joe Thomson, Jamie Lindsay and Connor McManus who are currently in the Dev Squad or on the fringes and that's 18 possible midfielders.

Deila's preferred starting five in a 4-2-3-1 seems to be Bitton, Brown, Johansen, Rogic/Armstrong and Forrest/GMS.

Roberts, the boy on loan from Man City, will undoubtedly get game time - he's signed an 18-month loan deal. So too will Commons, Christie, McGregor and I wouldn't bet against Ajer playing a handful of times either despite his young age.

Even if Celtic do sell any midfielders - and there's a chance they might - I don't think the Celtic management team reckon Henderson is quite ready for the first team yet.

I reckon he could be loaned out again next season - and if we get promoted, hopefully he could come back and continue his development.

Stranger things have happened.

He'd get a game ahead of Forrest and McGreggor for me... But so would Allan so who knows... They've got some great MF's on paper but it's more about the team in general, they don't seem to play like a team that's well put together and passionate... LG has got him out a hole on many occasions and he didn't even want to start him to begin with. The man's a tube and I wouldn't be surprised if he completely overlooks Henderson.

eastmainsmsh
22-02-2016, 08:43 AM
I'd take Christie on loan next year

Mikey09
22-02-2016, 09:27 AM

Correct Bob. Celtic fans are unforgiving. If Hendo went in there starting line up and didn't hit the heights of his performances for us he'd be run out of town! Hendo would be better with Hibs.

NAE NOOKIE
22-02-2016, 09:48 AM
Henderson is never going to be Celtic class, they would be as well offloading him now to get him off the wage bill. I agree with the consensus that we could perhaps offer him a 4 or 5 year contract in the hope that he might develop into a decent squad player after a few years in the development team.

Move on Sellik ... nothing to see here :bitchy: