PDA

View Full Version : Gunnarsson

Sejaca
21-02-2016, 07:25 PM
Apologies if there is already a thread about this, couldn't see one.

From the west stand I saw McGeouch getting frustrated with Gunnarsson in the first half, looking up and shaking his head a few times.

He then had a communication error with Oxley in the second half when the two of them tried to clear the ball which resulted in them shouting at each other.

He nearly scored a fatal OG against hertz last week and I wasn't convinced with his performance today. IMO wouldn't ever have him starting, maybe I'm just being too harsh! Thoughts?

ancient hibee
21-02-2016, 07:26 PM
He was excellent today.

Albanian Hibs
21-02-2016, 07:27 PM

From the west stand I saw McGeouch getting frustrated with Gunnarsson in the first half, looking up and shaking his head a few times.

He then had a communication error with Oxley in the second half when the two of them tried to clear the ball which resulted in them shouting at each other.

He nearly scored a fatal OG against hertz last week and I wasn't convinced with his performance today. IMO wouldn't ever have him starting, maybe I'm just being too harsh! Thoughts?

Too harsh. Didn't do anything wrong today IMO

Northernhibee
21-02-2016, 07:27 PM

Bizarre interpretation of his game.

Jonnyboy
21-02-2016, 07:28 PM

Didn't see any of those things and I thought NG had a good game

hibee_girl
21-02-2016, 07:28 PM
A tad harsh maybe but I certainly didn't think he was brilliant.

Lago
21-02-2016, 07:29 PM

Nope can't agree thought he played well.

Iggy Pope
21-02-2016, 07:31 PM
A tad harsh maybe but I certainly didn't think he was brilliant.

He can play well (as he did today) without being brilliant. None of them were brilliant.

Future17
21-02-2016, 07:32 PM

I thought he was average today, but I understand he was being played out of position. In any event, it's far too early to be judging him.

Andy74
21-02-2016, 07:33 PM

Nah.

wookie70
21-02-2016, 07:34 PM
Thought he played well today. McGeoch did tear a strip of him in the first half but it was Dylan's first touch that got him in bother not Gunnerson's pass. The big man just shrugged it off. He looks a solid signing to me.

Hermit Crab

Did you see nothing positive at all today?

Pretty Boy
Thought the situation with Oxley was keepers fault if anything. He either comes for the ball or tells the defender to hoof it, he just seemed to stand and stare. In saying that if the keeper does fall asleep Gunnarson should just take charge.

Thought he done fine today, as did Oxley before anyone starts.

gaz1875
21-02-2016, 07:35 PM
Played absolutely fine, first half was probably better than his second half where he was slipping a number of time. Oxley was at fault with the pass back ball, you could see even from the FFU he was waving Ox to come and get it.

Sejaca
21-02-2016, 07:36 PM
Did you see nothing positive at all today?

3 goals :thumbsup:

21-02-2016, 07:36 PM
Alloa never did enough to trouble him but everything he did was good IMO. A big physical guy is what we need.

greenlex
21-02-2016, 07:37 PM
After an average debut at Raith I think the laddie has fitted into the squad really well. Un fussy and competent. He would be a decent permanent addition I reckon.

Springbank
21-02-2016, 07:38 PM
Thought he was excellent

Surprised at the tone of the Op.

Gunnarsson is calm athletic and comfy on the ball, had one slip but Bartley sorted it out and NG held his hand up in apology. But I think we've got ourselves a good un here

djs69
21-02-2016, 07:39 PM
Footballs all about opinions, and my opinion is that your opinion is all wrong lol. He done ok and that interception at Tynecastle was great , read the play well and covered

SON OF PADDY
21-02-2016, 07:39 PM
Just as well that you, don't pick the team then. ;-)

Boyle89
21-02-2016, 07:44 PM
It was clear that Dylan and gunnarsson haven't played together much. A few times there was a lack of communication but that will go with playing. He looks a solid signing. Though i suggest him and the rest of the guys get new boots. Lots count of the amount of times they all lost their footing.

B.H.F.C
21-02-2016, 07:47 PM
Made an error on the half way line that let them away 2 on 1 and Bartley bailed him out there. Apart from that his biggest issue seemed to be his studs as he slipped quite a few times in the second half.

The one with the indecision between him Oxley was down to Oxley IMO.

Slim Shady
21-02-2016, 07:50 PM
Thought he played well today. McGeoch did tear a strip of him in the first half but it was Dylan's first touch that got him in bother not Gunnerson's pass. The big man just shrugged it off. He looks a solid signing to me.

Gunnie played the ball too far in front of Dylan, Dylan had to stretch for the ball, nothing wrong with his first touch.

Dylan was unhappy obviously because of his recent groin strain keeping him out and being played a pass like that.

Dylan then stretched out his groin for 30 secs before having another pop at his pass.

O'Rourke3
21-02-2016, 07:51 PM
Made an error on the half way line that let them away 2 on 1 and Bartley bailed him out there. Apart from that his biggest issue seemed to be his studs as he slipped quite a few times in the second half.

The one with the indecision between him Oxley was down to Oxley IMO.

There were a lot of slips in that half and have been a few times already this year. 2 today almost cost us a goal. Is it the pitch or are players using crap footware?

J-C
21-02-2016, 07:54 PM
The only thing he got really wrong was not having the right studs in, kept slipping at the wrong time. The mix up with Oxley was the keepers fault, far too slow in coming out, Oxley did the same in the 1st half with Fontaine.

overdrive
21-02-2016, 07:58 PM
I thought he was OK but not really a centre back. Prefer him at right back.

Sejaca
21-02-2016, 08:07 PM
My opinion seems to be very unpopular! I must agree I am being too harsh, far too soon to make a judgement. Thought the team played excellent overall

Billy Whizz
21-02-2016, 08:13 PM
I thought he was OK but not really a centre back. Prefer him at right back.

Agree with that

Alfred E Newman
21-02-2016, 08:15 PM
I thought he did well. Other than the almost fatal slip he was pretty solid.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-02-2016, 08:31 PM
Looks athletic and naturally fit . Give him games and time to adjust to the style here and he will be a good long term signing if he decides to stay.

mentalhibee
21-02-2016, 08:48 PM
Looks a player to me, looked composed on the ball and strong. Some good supporting runs also.

Greenworld
21-02-2016, 08:59 PM
He was the worst player on the park. ..in an otherwise brilliant performance

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

MagicSwirlingShip
21-02-2016, 09:09 PM
Thought he was pretty solid today. Wins alot of his headers and is a big strong lad.

Will get better as time goes by!

Brightside
21-02-2016, 09:11 PM

If i was Gunnarsson id have kicked Oxley up and down Easter Rd for that. It was Oxley's ball to take every day of the week but the man will never come for balls. He had one poor back to Dylan..but bar that i thought he had an excellent game - still providing overlaps and width despite playing in a 3 man defence. The lad has plenty quality.

Brightside
21-02-2016, 09:14 PM

hahaha away and boil yer heid man.

Greenworld
21-02-2016, 09:15 PM
hahaha away and boil yer heid man.
He was open your eyes

Jonnyboy
21-02-2016, 09:15 PM

:faf:

Greenworld
21-02-2016, 09:16 PM
Carmichael brilliant

OsloHibs
21-02-2016, 09:34 PM
:casper: Give the Viking a break- it was his first full game. He did well!

Danny_Hibee
21-02-2016, 09:44 PM
Thought he was the worst of a good bunch today. Far from a bad performance from him but didn't seem quite at the same level as the rest of the team. Appreciate he wasn't in his favoured position and hasn't played much so wouldn't be judging him too harshly! Absolutely blameless during the miscommunication with Oxley in my eyes though.

Albanian Hibs
21-02-2016, 09:47 PM

What a load of pish

Mibbes Aye
21-02-2016, 09:49 PM
If i was Gunnarsson id have kicked Oxley up and down Easter Rd for that. It was Oxley's ball to take every day of the week but the man will never come for balls. He had one poor back to Dylan..but bar that i thought he had an excellent game - still providing overlaps and width despite playing in a 3 man defence. The lad has plenty quality.

:agree:

Other thing about him is he has a very decent touch, comfortable receiving the ball regardless of how it comes.

Bishop Hibee
21-02-2016, 09:49 PM
He was ok but I thought he and Fontaine were uncomfortable at times as part of a back 3. I think he'll be great cover for the rest of the season though.

Hermit Crab
21-02-2016, 10:11 PM

Complete rubbish. Lay off the booze before posting.

JimBHibees
21-02-2016, 10:12 PM

My first thought is yam. Thought he was good and was certainly excellent at the bus shelter.

Hermit Crab
21-02-2016, 10:14 PM
He was ok but I thought he and Fontaine were uncomfortable at times as part of a back 3. I think he'll be great cover for the rest of the season though.

Thinking he'd be fine at RCH in a back 4

hfc rd
21-02-2016, 10:19 PM
I thought he done well. Done his job. Nothing spectacular, just a thorough professional performance at rcb and rb in the last 20 mins. He's been a very good signing. Wouldn't mind getting him on a permanent deal.

MWHIBBIES
21-02-2016, 10:20 PM
He was open your eyes

Sent from my SM-G903F using TapatalkI can name 11 players who were worse than him for a start.

RMQ1967
21-02-2016, 10:37 PM
Also thought the big chap looked excellent. Very comfortable on the ball, athletic and I can see him getting a few headed goals as he looks a real threat in the air.

PercyHibs
21-02-2016, 10:44 PM
I Thought he was really good today. Very steady and not that it matters but thought oxley should have came for the ball in the 2nd half. Gunnersson is a young guy settling into a new team. He's only gonna get batter. I think he'll turn out to be a great signing.

Purple & Green
21-02-2016, 10:50 PM
He nearly scored a fatal OG against hertz

I thought he covered from right back brilliantly and kept us in the game. Excellent reading of the game imho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottie
21-02-2016, 10:51 PM
I think he's going to be a great signing by what I've seen of him so far. The more games he plays for the team the better he will get IMO.

EdinMike
21-02-2016, 10:55 PM
I'm all for people having different opinions and all that but.. Was absolutely fine today as he has been the last few weeks.

IanM
22-02-2016, 06:11 AM
if you watch his near 'fatal og' again you'll see if it wasn't for his vision and tackle Cowie was right through. he noticed Cowie was free and had the vision and awareness to drift from right back into the gap and took the ball off Cowie before he could shoot.

A quite superb bit of defending. Hitting his own bar was more unfortunate than near fatal.

Thought he done well yesterday but prefer him at RB

southern hibby
22-02-2016, 07:48 AM
His first full game, just joined and settling in AND from a different league. What folk need to remember is he's cover for our defence and will take time to adapt.

He's ( in my opinion) been solid and will become an excellent addition to the team. I would be more concerned if he didn't fit in to Stubbs team spirit in the dressing room ( and I have no reason to believe he doesn't ).

I for one am glad we have him and when he puts the strip on will get 100% backing from me as will any player that Stubbs plays.

GGTTH

SeanWilson
22-02-2016, 08:32 AM
My opinion seems to be very unpopular! I must agree I am being too harsh, far too soon to make a judgement. Thought the team played excellent overall

I kind of agree with your OP, however it's slightly harsh. He was playing in a back three but kept wanting to be a full back. I thought he did what he needed to do and it would be awfully harsh to single him out for slips with I seen numerous other players slip on several occasions all over the park yesterday. I think he's a great addition and good cover for Gray.

worcesterhibby
22-02-2016, 09:42 AM
I've liked the look of Gunnerson..he's obviously still being integrated into the team and it was slightly awkward for him to have to play as a centre half when his previous appearances have been as a right back, but I think he has started well and will only get better.

Mikey09
22-02-2016, 10:16 AM
Thought the situation with Oxley was keepers fault if anything. He either comes for the ball or tells the defender to hoof it, he just seemed to stand and stare. In saying that if the keeper does fall asleep Gunnarson should just take charge.

Thought he done fine today, as did Oxley before anyone starts.

Agree PB. Ox has to come out and take charge or back off to give Gunnarson more space to give him the ball. However if there is any doubt Gunnarson should empty it and then argue his case.

NAE NOOKIE
22-02-2016, 11:07 AM
I thought he did fine .... he did have a few issues with keeping his footing, but in truth the incident where Bartley* got him out of jail was caused by Gunnarsson turning into trouble when he didn't have to and then slipping .. he made a bad choice and nearly paid for it.

But you can see the lad has talent and athleticism and after a few games I can see him being a real asset.

* ... Big Marv is starting to make a habit of being in the right place at the right time to spare his team mates blushes, what a good signing he has turned out to be :aok:

patlowe
22-02-2016, 11:50 AM
I thought he did fine .... he did have a few issues with keeping his footing, but in truth the incident where Bartley* got him out of jail was caused by Gunnarsson turning into trouble when he didn't have to and then slipping .. he made a bad choice and nearly paid for it.

But you can see the lad has talent and athleticism and after a few games I can see him being a real asset.

* ... Big Marv is starting to make a habit of being in the right place at the right time to spare his team mates blushes, what a good signing he has turned out to be :aok:

Absolutely - makes you wonder what might have been if he'd been in there to shore things up on our last trip to Ibrox...