PDA

View Full Version : Starting XI vs Morton (Wed 24th Feb)

hfc rd
21-02-2016, 06:44 PM
A big massive win today to keep the pressure on the rangers. Game in hand and victory wil reduce the gap to 5 points with 11 games to go. What would be your starting XI for Wednesday night?

Oxley

Gunnarson
McGregor
Fontaine
Stevenson

Thomson

Boyle
McGeouch
McGinn
Carmichael

Stokes

subs:
Virtanen
Gray
Hanlon
Bartley
Henderson
Dagnall
Cummings

andrew70
21-02-2016, 06:46 PM
Doubt McGeouch will start two games in a row!

Oxley

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Thomson
Henderson
McGinn

Boyle

Cummings
Stokes

Sir David Gray
21-02-2016, 06:48 PM
Full strenth.

Oxley

Stevenson
Hanlon
McGregor
Gray

Bartley
McGeouch
McGinn
Henderson

Cummings
Stokes

SUBS

Virtanen
Fontaine
Gunnarsson
Boyle
Carmichael
Thomson
Keatings

Pretty Boy
21-02-2016, 06:50 PM
Can't believe anyone is considering dropping out Maureen after today.

HibsNutter
21-02-2016, 06:51 PM
Can't be resting as many first picks as today, don't imagine Cummings and Stokes will start on the bench again. Possibly rotate Hanlon, as we have two other good CH's. Could see Thomson and Bartley switching places, as good as Bartley has been.

Oxley

Gray
Mcgregor
Fontaine
Stevenson

Thomson
McGinn
Henderson
McGeouch (/ Carmichael if we're easing Dyl back in)

Stokes
Cummings

CABBAGEMAD
21-02-2016, 06:53 PM
Doubt McGeouch will start two games in a row!

Oxley

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Thomson
Henderson
McGinn

Boyle

Cummings
Stokes
This team looks good to me should do the job we need to keep pressure on:flag:

FromTheCapital
21-02-2016, 06:58 PM
Oxley

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
McGeouch
McGinn
Carmichael

Stokes
Cummings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danhibees1875
21-02-2016, 07:04 PM
Ox
Gray McGregor Fonts Stevenson
KT
McGeogh McGinn
Carmichael Cummings Boyle

Pete70
21-02-2016, 07:25 PM
Full strenth.

Oxley

Stevenson
Hanlon
McGregor
Gray

Bartley
McGeouch
McGinn
Henderson

Cummings
Stokes

SUBS

Virtanen
Fontaine
Gunnarsson
Boyle
Carmichael
Thomson
Keatings

That's the team I'd go with.

scoopyboy
21-02-2016, 08:28 PM
Full strenth.

Oxley

Stevenson
Hanlon
McGregor
Gray

Bartley
McGeouch
McGinn
Henderson

Cummings
Stokes

SUBS

Virtanen
Fontaine
Gunnarsson
Boyle
Carmichael
Thomson
Keatings

Bit hard on Martin Boyle but that's the team I would go with as well

007 Mickey Weir
21-02-2016, 08:37 PM
Hanlon, Henderson and Bartley to get a rest I think.

Oxley

Boyle. McGeouch McGinn Carmichael

Stokes. Cummings

erin go bragh
21-02-2016, 09:02 PM
Ox

Hanlon
Fontaine
McGregor

Boyle
Carmichael

Bartley
Henderson
McGinn

Stokes
Cummings

GGTTH

AlbertK86
21-02-2016, 09:29 PM
Might be tempted to start the same as today but bring in Stokes for Dagnall

Like Stokes and Keatings to get a wee try out before 1/4 final

Want to see Stokes get a few goals under his belt before we play ICT, Falkirk and the Sevconians

Big few weeks coming up

BroxburnHibee
21-02-2016, 10:02 PM
Oxley
Gray
McGregor
Fontaine
Stevenson
Bartley
McGinn
Henderson
Boyle
Keatings
Stokes

McGeouch, Cummings, Thomson, Hanlon et al. on the bench in case it goes balls up.

That's close to what I'd go with but he might rest Hendo.

Can't see him dropping Boyle after scoring twice

Crammond Hibee
21-02-2016, 10:04 PM
Full strenth.

Oxley

Stevenson
Hanlon
McGregor
Gray

Bartley
McGeouch
McGinn
Henderson

Cummings
Stokes

SUBS

Virtanen
Fontaine
Gunnarsson
Boyle
Carmichael
Thomson
Keatings

I agree

Hibby Kay-Yay
22-02-2016, 08:27 AM
Ox

McGregor Hanlon Fontaine

Boyle Henderson Bartley Thompson McGinn

Stokes Cummings

Subs - Vits Gunnerson Carmichael Dagnall Keatings Gray Stevenson

smithy_hibees
22-02-2016, 09:14 AM
Vits (id give him a shout)
McGregor Fontaine Hanlon

Bartley
McGinn Thomson
Henderson

Carmichael Stokes Boyle

Strong team with still couple of guys rested for big few weeks ahead:flag::flag:

Hermit Crab
22-02-2016, 09:24 AM
Vits (id give him a shout)
McGregor Fontaine Hanlon

Bartley
McGinn Thomson
Henderson

Carmichael Stokes Boyle

Strong team with still couple of guys rested for big few weeks ahead:flag::flag:

Too risky for a game in hand we must win. Alloa was the game he should have played in if AS wanted to give him a game.

jnr_hibee
22-02-2016, 09:43 AM
Find it baffling that folk are not including Hanlon in some of these teams? :confused: Arguably player of the season thus far and Wednesday is a must win that requires our strongest team. Make no mistake our strongest defence is with Hanlon playing.

worcesterhibby
22-02-2016, 09:46 AM
Hanlon, Henderson and Bartley to get a rest I think.

Oxley

Boyle. McGeouch McGinn Carmichael

Stokes. Cummings

I think this is very likely..with Henderson to come on and replace McGeouch after 65 mins. Although he may play Bartley or Thomson instead of Boyle at the start.

J-C
22-02-2016, 10:00 AM
I'd like to see him play the 3 at the back again but I don't think he will, I expect him to revert back to the 4-4-2 diamond which has it's limitations. Morton are a half decent side and must be respected, we can always change things against Dumbarton.

I think he's go with

Oxley

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGeouch
Bartley
McGinn
Carmichael

Cummings
Stokes.

Greenworld
22-02-2016, 02:07 PM
Full strength for this game players will be well rested now ....Danny carmichael and Boyle certainly did their chances no harm against Alloa....

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Dom'sFirstTouch
22-02-2016, 08:17 PM
Obviously want to go with as strong a team as possible but I'd be very tempted to keep Carmichael and Boyle as wide men in a 3-5-2. That would likely mean Gray and Stevenson missing out though, which would be harsh on them. Would expect to see Hanlon, Stokes, Cummings and McGinn return, would really like to see Stokes bag a goal or two to get him going.

Hibernia&Alba
22-02-2016, 09:58 PM
Full strenth.

Oxley

Stevenson
Hanlon
McGregor
Gray

Bartley
McGeouch
McGinn
Henderson

Cummings
Stokes

SUBS

Virtanen
Fontaine
Gunnarsson
Boyle
Carmichael
Thomson
Keatings

:agree:

Big L
22-02-2016, 10:11 PM
I would like to see Keatings at the front of the diamond, killer ball for Carmicheals goal, Stubbsy was the one that first played him there, like to see him get a wee run in that role.

Stuarty27
22-02-2016, 10:29 PM
Full strenth.

Oxley

Stevenson
Hanlon
McGregor
Gray

Bartley
McGeouch
McGinn
Henderson

Cummings
Stokes

SUBS

Virtanen
Fontaine
Gunnarsson
Boyle
Carmichael
Thomson
Keatings

Spot on, this is our best side with maybe Fyvie pushing hard for a start when back fit.

Jim44
22-02-2016, 11:44 PM
Full strenth.

Oxley

Stevenson
Hanlon
McGregor
Gray

Bartley
McGeouch
McGinn
Henderson

Cummings
Stokes

SUBS

Virtanen
Fontaine
Gunnarsson
Boyle
Carmichael
Thomson
Keatings

This has to be the line-up if they are all fit. Anything bar a convincing win is unthinkable and any unnecessary tinkering with the team will only plant doubts where they're not needed or wanted. Strongest team possible, get stuck in and keep the impetus going.

MWHIBBIES
23-02-2016, 03:27 AM
This has to be the line-up if they are all fit. Anything bar a convincing win is unthinkable and any unnecessary tinkering with the team will only plant doubts where they're not needed or wanted. Strongest team possible, get stuck in and keep the impetus going.Nonsense, I'd take 1-0 with a last minute own goal right now.

smithy_hibees
23-02-2016, 06:26 AM
I would like to see Keatings at the front of the diamond, killer ball for Carmicheals goal, Stubbsy was the one that first played him there, like to see him get a wee run in that role.

I've watched keatings is that role few times now and unfortunately he's not that type of player.. Wee hendo much better playing there, keatings is a goal scorer for me and needs play as a forward but ahead of stokes and Cummings unfortunately not but he's great back up..

DAVE1875
23-02-2016, 09:30 AM
http://sharemytactics.com/61981/Hibernian-formation-tactics.png

Hibbyhaz
23-02-2016, 07:28 PM
Oxley
Gunnarson Hanlon. McGregor. Stevenson
Bartley
boyle. Carmichael

McGinn
Stokes. Cummings

spudhib
23-02-2016, 08:52 PM

Not for me,he's played there on a few occasions and has looked lost and has contributed imo to his recent lack of confidence,great pass for carmichaels goal though.

Squealing pig
23-02-2016, 09:06 PM
Thot hanlon looked great at left back . good to have options

Jim44
23-02-2016, 09:39 PM
Nonsense, I'd take 1-0 with a last minute own goal right now.

I think you're gibbering as much nonsense as me pal. If we're going to scrape through the remainder of our matches with a goal at the death scenario, we won't sniff the league, because we won't always get the goal. We've got to stamp our authority on games and, if we don't actually win the league, we've got to at least make our play-off opponents sit up and take notice.

HappyHanlon
24-02-2016, 12:05 PM
Obviously want to go with as strong a team as possible but I'd be very tempted to keep Carmichael and Boyle as wide men in a 3-5-2. That would likely mean Gray and Stevenson missing out though, which would be harsh on them. Would expect to see Hanlon, Stokes, Cummings and McGinn return, would really like to see Stokes bag a goal or two to get him going.

Lewy's the only confirmed outfield player.

silverhibee
24-02-2016, 12:10 PM
Cummings & Stokes to run riot tonight.

CropleyWasGod
24-02-2016, 12:11 PM
I think you're gibbering as much nonsense as me pal. If we're going to scrape through the remainder of our matches with a goal at the death scenario, we won't sniff the league, because we won't always get the goal. We've got to stamp our authority on games and, if we don't actually win the league, we've got to at least make our play-off opponents sit up and take notice.

If we stick to that scenario, though, we'll do the double and we'll get promotion .

And Preston can give McEwen Fraser a call. :greengrin

number9dream
24-02-2016, 12:13 PM
Ox
Gray McGregor Fontaine Stevenson
Carmichael Bartley McGinn Boyle
Stokes Cummings

Maybe a rest for Henderson and Hanlon, while McGeouch is still feeling his way back from injury. Bring them back in for a revenge trip to Dumbarton at the weekend.
Keatings on for Cummings at HT or 60 mins if things are going well. Bartley is really coming on to a game now and I'd keep him motoring along, with Thompson in reserve if we are comfortable.

NAE NOOKIE
24-02-2016, 01:22 PM
Ox
Gray McGregor Fontaine Stevenson
Carmichael Bartley McGinn Boyle
Stokes Cummings

Maybe a rest for Henderson and Hanlon, while McGeouch is still feeling his way back from injury. Bring them back in for a revenge trip to Dumbarton at the weekend.
Keatings on for Cummings at HT or 60 mins if things are going well. Bartley is really coming on to a game now and I'd keep him motoring along, with Thompson in reserve if we are comfortable.

pretty good shout for me.

I know he works hard anyway, but the way Henderson was chasing about in the last 20 minutes on Sunday with Hibs well on top suggests he may well have been told he will be on the bench tonight for a well earned rest. I would also start Bartley, but as you say look to sub him ASAP if things are going well.

I would imagine Fonts played in place of McGregor on Sunday with the idea that he replaces Hanlon tonight. I'm positive that McGeouch will play at some point and possibly swap with Carmichael, either to sub, or be subbed, by him ...... neither may be fit enough for a full 90 minutes yet anyway.

I was a bit surprised that Stokes didn't even get off the bench on Sunday considering the fact that he needs game time, if he doesn't start tonight you would have to begin wondering if there's an issue with a niggling injury or something.

Hibernia&Alba
24-02-2016, 02:23 PM
How many Morton fans will does everyone think Morton will bring tonight?

erin go bragh
24-02-2016, 02:47 PM
http://sharemytactics.com/61981/Hibernian-formation-tactics.png

Show off . Lol .
I'd prefer Boyle and Carmichael in the wingback rolls .
442 it will be imho as Stubbs has already said Lewis will start .

GGTTH

cabbageandribs1875
24-02-2016, 03:31 PM
Baltic tonight, time to get ye old gloves out me thinks

and two pairs of socks