PDA

View Full Version : Crowd Today

Hermit Crab
21-02-2016, 04:45 PM
8675? Under 9K. A bit on the poor side today considering our run of form and very good performances against Hearts. I did expect a better turnout to be honest.

FromTheCapital
21-02-2016, 04:46 PM
Agree. Poor indeed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Islington Hibs
21-02-2016, 04:49 PM
8675? Under 9K. A bit on the poor side today considering our run of form and very good performances against Hearts. I did expect a better turnout to be honest.

Well maybe slightly disappointing. But Alloa is about the least attractive fixture we have, Sunday rubbish time and on TV plus a lot of games recently. Sure the deserve more but don't think too bad.

andyf5
21-02-2016, 04:50 PM
everyone should get double loyalty points!

Billy Whizz
21-02-2016, 04:50 PM
Cup final tickets on sale tomorrow, expensive time of year for some families

Hermit Crab
21-02-2016, 04:53 PM

I still think there could have been a better crowd today Billy.

Hibernia&Alba
21-02-2016, 04:53 PM
Agreed. I know it was Alloa, it was on TV, and folk are buying tickets for three competitions, but I was expecting more than circa 9000, particularly after a full house a few days ago.

Borderhibbie76
21-02-2016, 04:54 PM
I'd have been if it had been yesterday but had to work today...plus it's been an expensive month to be a hibs fan so ot entirely a surprise considering it was on TV

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

3pm
21-02-2016, 04:55 PM
Cup final and ICT tickets to pay for. Cup final not a cheap day out.

Fans were great during the week. No issues with the crowd.

Hermit Crab
21-02-2016, 04:55 PM
Agreed. I know it was Alloa, it was on TV, and folk are buying tickets for three competitions, but I was expecting more than circa 9000, particularly after a full house a few days ago.

The Johnny come latelys will reapear for the final....:greengrin

Pretty Boy
21-02-2016, 04:56 PM
I wonder how many walk ups there was today? Under 500?

Disappointing crowd although as I said during the week it's been an expensive month or 2 following Hibs and cup final tickets going on sale a few days before pay day probably hasn't helped. If people where going to choose a game to give a miss at home to Alloa at a crap kick off time that's on TV would be the one you'd pick.

We need to get fans coming back on a regular basis though. There's not much more the team on the park can do right now.

lucky
21-02-2016, 04:56 PM
Hibs fans have spent a lot recently so a game on TV against Alloa is an easy one for some to miss.

Mikey09
21-02-2016, 04:57 PM

Correct. Some supporters have to pick what games to spend their cash on. I would love to go to every game but finances dictate otherwise.

Topographic Hibby
21-02-2016, 04:58 PM
££££ pure and simple.

Been an expensive few weeks and LC final tickets on sale this week, an extra game against our neighbours, a game v Morton midweek, so I suppose the TV game on a Sunday PM is the one to be binned. And life is expensive as well. Noticed my car tyre last week was a bit smooth and an hour later after a visit to a Farmer style business, I was down £180. Stuff happens.

Disappointing crowd, but understandable. And yes, give them double loyalty points for their, err loyalty.

GreenArmyyy!
I'm sorry, don't mean to offend but I'm not interested in ticket prices, the amount of money we are spending at the moment or whether it's on TV. Hearts are selling out every week playing eye bleeding football and we have lost around 8,000 fans in the space of five days. Absolutely ridiculous.

Sir David Gray
Crap IMO.

Really not sure what more the club can do to get people to come back on a regular basis.

Around 8,000 Hibs fans who attended on Tuesday night, didn't turn up today. That's really disappointing, regardless of the opposition.

Hibernia&Alba
21-02-2016, 05:00 PM
Correct. Some supporters have to pick what games to spend their cash on. I would love to go to every game but finances dictate otherwise.

It's a fair point. Football is expensive now, particularly for those with families, and there's a paradox in that wider success can be a factor in holding crowds down in the less fashionable games.

Ronniekirk
21-02-2016, 05:03 PM

Was disappointed to ,but it is an expensive time and games coming thick and fast .
I won't make the Morton game midweek so that is unlikely to be any higher Had hoped for around 10 ,000 today

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

erin go bragh
21-02-2016, 05:04 PM
Extra couple of thousand if the game had been Sat at three .
Boyle and Carmichael were fantastic . Them at either sides of Stokes and Cummings would be something else ,on today's showing .

GGTTH

Steve20
21-02-2016, 05:09 PM
People obsessed with crowds? Have a word.

We're a second tier club. Two years now. And we're not even top of that. Having a go at fans who have put up with years of misery and don't want to anymore? You spent your money. Well done and have a medal but what's it to you it others have had enough of failure at the end of each season.

Or maybe you'd rather there was 9,000 there on Tuesday against the ****bos.

Seriously, people need to stop trying to tell people how to spend their cash. If people don't want to go, deal with it.

smithy_hibees
21-02-2016, 05:10 PM
Missed the game due to work today, am a season ticket holder.. Going on Wednesday but shocking crowd after how well we have done.. Need fans back more often not just hearts and semi/finals... Prices do need be looked at thought..

MWHIBBIES
21-02-2016, 05:11 PM
Cup final and ICT tickets to pay for. Cup final not a cheap day out.

Fans were great during the week. No issues with the crowd.A good team needs the fans to be great every week, not just against local rivals.

Pretty Boy
21-02-2016, 05:12 PM

We're a second tier club. Two years now. And we're not even top of that. Having a go at fans who have put up with years of misery and don't want to anymore? You spent your money. Well done and have a medal but what's it to you it others have had enough of failure at the end of each season.

Seriously, people need to stop trying to tell people how to spend their cash. If people don't want to go, deal with it.

Aah Mr Happy is back.

Got over the disappointment of Tuesday then? Think of the moaning you could have done if we'd lost.

djs69
Not a cheap period this, but poor all the same

Billy Whizz

Don't disagree, but tv and final tickets will have played a big part

Hermit Crab
21-02-2016, 05:14 PM

You make it sound like you're enjpying this chapionship stuff.

Who's trying to tell anyone how to spend their cash?

Christ, and I get accused of being a Hearts fan on here....... :rolleyes:

Ringothedog
21-02-2016, 05:14 PM
Just under 9k is half decent, we had 3 of our group of 5 who couldn't make it today. If you are a non season ticket holder then it would have cost £50 for the 2 games. Alloa brought a handful of fans, crap kick off time and live on telly does nothing to encourage fans to attend.

TrinityHibs
21-02-2016, 05:15 PM
Got the flu sometimes you just cannot go

Boyle89
21-02-2016, 05:16 PM
I was a walk up today with my dad. Can understand the low crowd today. We've had 5 games the last 2/3 weeks and have a lot more games in the weeks to come. Not to mention it was Alloa and final coming up as well.

Greenblood70
21-02-2016, 05:17 PM
The whinging from the 'we're entitled' brigade can stop. Precious few other than season ticket holders today. Well done to all who were there, rewarded with a win and a few goals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TAHibby
21-02-2016, 05:17 PM
I'm sorry, don't mean to offend but I'm not interested in ticket prices, the amount of money we are spending at the moment or whether it's on TV. Hearts are selling out every week playing eye bleeding football and we have lost around 8,000 fans in the space of five days. Absolutely ridiculous.

They're all season ticket holders though, no reason to not be going. It was disappointing though to be honest but I think reasons given are valid.

pontius pilate
21-02-2016, 05:18 PM
For me it's gettin to expensive sewing a well drilled exciting team who are in an unstoppable run. Taking into account the replay on Tuesday and cup final tickets on sale tomorrow and Morton on Wednesday I can Dee how and why some fans will pick and choose certain games just now. Plus a sunday lunchtime which is traditionally family time and against alloa.

seanshow
21-02-2016, 05:28 PM
Not a very encouraging turnout for the players to run out to, especially after tuesday they deserved a bigger crowd.
I was expecting 10k+ at least......:confused:

Ozyhibby
21-02-2016, 05:29 PM
Today shows the importance of good season ticket sales. I can see why people would have given today a miss given what they have had to shell out recently. Having a season ticket makes it a lot easier.
What we need more than anything is promotion. Only that will bring us back to the 12k averages we had until recently.

Hermit Crab
21-02-2016, 05:32 PM
Not a very encouraging turnout for the players to run out to, especially after tuesday they deserved a bigger crowd.

Agree, they deserve better for thier efforts.

Super_JMcGinn
21-02-2016, 05:34 PM

Disappointing crowd although as I said during the week it's been an expensive month or 2 following Hibs and cup final tickets going on sale a few days before pay day probably hasn't helped. If people where going to choose a game to give a miss at home to Alloa at a crap kick off time that's on TV would be the one you'd pick.

We need to get fans coming back on a regular basis though. There's not much more the team on the park can do right now.

It is very expensive to attend a match these days, especially with children in tow, if I didn't have a season ticket I think I would have given this game a miss tbh, especially as I could have watched it in the warmth of my living room, as it was it cost me quite a bit, can we really justify £3 and £4 for a half slice of pizza ?
I can understand why some people don't attend, I know a few who would if they could afford it.

Danderhall Hibs
21-02-2016, 05:37 PM
Today shows the importance of good season ticket sales. I can see why people would have given today a miss given what they have had to shell out recently. Having a season ticket makes it a lot easier.
What we need more than anything is promotion. Only that will bring us back to the 12k averages we had until recently.

:agree: was just think this when reading the thread. £22 for Alloa at home when on tv is expensive. When it's already wrapped up into a ST you go along, when it's not it's an easy one to choose to miss after shelling out for recent games and games to come.

Hermit Crab
21-02-2016, 05:38 PM
It is very expensive to attend a match these days, especially with children in tow, if I didn't have a season ticket I think I would have given this game a miss tbh, especially as I could have watched it in the warmth of my living room, as it was it cost me quite a bit, can we really justify £3 and £4 for a half slice of pizza ?
I can understand why some people don't attend, I know a few who would if they could afford it.

You could always feed the kids before you leave the house??? Save you money.

Danderhall Hibs
21-02-2016, 05:41 PM

:agree: I never get the argument when the food and beer gets chucked in on top. Ticket plus travel is the price of going to the football.

Super_JMcGinn
21-02-2016, 05:42 PM
You obviously don't have kids, thanks for your input though.

Danderhall Hibs
21-02-2016, 05:43 PM

I do and I agree with him.

Some folk let their kids dictate though - that's a society issue.

givescotlandfreedom
21-02-2016, 05:45 PM
This team deserves more than crowds of 8k.

Dobosz83
21-02-2016, 05:45 PM
It was disappointing. That's not a lecture to anyone who chose not to go, but it really was a poor attendance today. That was my initial thought from the East.

In saying that, I can see the other side of the coin, I took my wife and two daughters to the game today and paid £46 to do so. That's before we talk about my season ticket direct debit coming off, going to the Derby replay with the wife (£56, no cup top up) and my mate reminding me the final tickets are on sale tomorrow.

Let's not beat ourselves up about today's attendance...

Billy McKirdy
21-02-2016, 05:48 PM
I can't afford to attend every game, does that make me less of a fan than others?

Speedy
21-02-2016, 05:51 PM
I thought about 8.5k walking down Easter Road.

Cold, sunday lunchtime, on TV, playing Alloa and lots of other games to pay for. It was never going to be a big turn out.

Those that were there got to see a comfortable win, that's the main thing.

Onion
21-02-2016, 05:52 PM

Poor crowd at ER which, IMO, shows there still a lack of belief among the stay aways.

If Hibs were on level terms with the Huns or more had faith that Hibs could catch and overtake them then we'd get 10K + no problem at all. As it is, most folk believe we're heading for the Playoffs (again) irrespective of the support.

No measuring the damage done by that Hamilton collapse in front of 18k, or last season's failure while watching Hearts waltz away with the title.

Greenblood70
21-02-2016, 05:55 PM

Agreed - thats if Gail is really one of us, which i have serious doubts about. If she is a Jambo/Hun she can feed her kids any old ***** as far as I am concerned.

marinello59
21-02-2016, 05:58 PM

Don't buy the pizza then. Simple.

21-02-2016, 05:59 PM
I can't afford to attend every game, does that make me less of a fan than others?

Yes. Don't bother tagging along to hampden ya part-timer :wink:

lol only joking. Of course it doesn't make you any less of a fan. I have a mate that lives in England so obviously can only make the odd game now and again when money allows him to travel up but he's as die in the wool hibs as you can get!

emerald green
21-02-2016, 06:00 PM
There was never going to be a "big" crowd at ER today given the following:

This was a game against a team sitting at the bottom of the Championship. Hardly an attractive fixture.

A team who brought 80 supporters to the game. Much respect to these supporters, who can never be accused of being glory hunters.

The game was being shown live on TV.

It was a 1:30 kick off at Sunday lunchtime.

Many non season ticket holders just paid £28 for a ticket to the cup replay on Tuesday.

Most fans will be paying for cup final tickets starting from tomorrow.

There is another vitally important match at ER on Wednesday.

We would all like more people attending matches at ER. The team deserve it, but a reality check is required.

As has been pointed out, Hibs must get out of the Championship. Season ticket sales will then increase with a corresponding increase in attendances.

PS: Stop comparing Hibs attendances with HMFC. The reasons why their attendances (currently) are relatively high have been well documented elsewhere so I'm not going to repeat all that again. Furthermore, I don't give a flying **** what their attendances are.

Hibernia&Alba
21-02-2016, 06:01 PM
Agreed - thats if Gail is really one of us, which i have serious doubts about. If she is a Jambo/Hun she can feed her kids any old ***** as far as I am concerned.

Eh? Why do you say that? Bit OTT

Cocaine&Caviar
£22 for a game against Alloa. Rediculous.

Danderhall Hibs
The "problem" we have is any hearts fans we know are banging on about attendances and how few are at the match. Some are more sensitive than others about it.

Pretty Boy
21-02-2016, 06:04 PM

Not a Hearts fan. If she is then she's very generously paid me for a bus to a cup final as well an additional donation to the site for no good reason.

I really wish people would leave the detection of Hearts fans to the admins as we are clearly a good bit better at it than some.

matty_f
21-02-2016, 06:04 PM

:agree:

Greenblood70
21-02-2016, 06:06 PM
Eh? Why do you say that? Bit OTT

Hardly OTT - I dont believe she is one of us and said it. Bit oversensitive to get upset about.

matty_f
21-02-2016, 06:06 PM
There were only 80 visiting fans as well.

Sir David Gray
21-02-2016, 06:08 PM
I love how predictable the posts are from people asking why should they be criticised for not being able to afford to attend every game?

No-one's criticising anyone for not being able to afford to attend every game. However, the fact is around 8,000 people who attended Tuesday's game, did not go today.

I refuse to believe that all 8,000 of them could not have afforded to go to today's match.

Greenblood70
21-02-2016, 06:08 PM
Not a Hearts fan. If she is then she's very generously paid me for a bus to a cup final as well an additional donation to the site for no good reason.

I really wish people would leave the detection of Hearts fans to the admins as we are clearly a good bit better at it than some.

I'll post what I like thanks - its an open forum. Im far from the only one to question her posts.

Pretty Boy
21-02-2016, 06:11 PM
I'll post what I like thanks - its an open forum. Im far from the only one to question her posts.

I didn't tell you what to post.

I just stated that if you think this poster is a Hearts or other non Hibs fan you are more than likely wrong. Shelling out £70 just so as not to blow cover is pretty deperate stuff.

Most Hearts infiltrators don't even make it through the door these days and those that do, and who post to cause bother, don't last long. As I said we're quite good at spotting them.

Hibernia&Alba
Hardly OTT - I dont believe she is one of us and said it. Bit oversensitive to get upset about.

Nothing was said that made me think she might be Hundercover :dunno:. I didn't see any of..........:fishin: this.

Andy74
To be fair almost 9,000 at home to Alloa on a Sunday lunchtime when the game is on telly is pretty decent in the middle of the costly run we are on now.

Thecat23
21-02-2016, 06:13 PM

Do you attend games Steve? Or is your hate of Stubbs making you stay away??

cabbageandribs1875
21-02-2016, 06:14 PM

which is exactly what i done, i had actually bought a ticket online for the Alloa game before realising it was on the tellybox, e-mailed the ticket office and they kindly refunded, then i purchased a ticket for the Morton game instead, it's going to be interesting how much the walk-up prices will be next season(i expect us to go up) the club kept same admission prices for two seasons in the championship i would think they won't increase them again for going up, soon find out i guess

cabbageandribs1875
21-02-2016, 06:15 PM

some posters on here just can't handle others with differing opinions

Hermit Crab
21-02-2016, 06:19 PM

No I don't but that would be common sense to feed them before you go so that you don't have to spend £3 on a pizza slice, which by the way is your choice, you can always say no to them.

lord bunberry
21-02-2016, 06:20 PM

I think it is OTT and I think you're out of order tbh. You should apologise.

Lago
21-02-2016, 06:20 PM
Think to be honest this is the core support at the moment, hopefully improve with promotion.

Hermit Crab
21-02-2016, 06:21 PM

:agree: Parents can say no. Its not illegal to deny them half a pizza slice. Take stuff with you as well.

Hermit Crab
21-02-2016, 06:21 PM
Do you attend games Steve? Or is your hate of Stubbs making you stay away??

Aye, chances. :rolleyes:

Scouse Hibee
21-02-2016, 06:25 PM
We both missed the game today simply because it was moved for TV and we already had something planned for today.

givescotlandfreedom
21-02-2016, 06:26 PM
:agree: Parents can say no. Its not illegal to deny them half a pizza slice. Take stuff with you as well.

My dad used to get us a quarter of sweeties or something from Greggs before the game rather than the overpriced crap inside. Can't say it bothered us.

J-C
21-02-2016, 06:26 PM
Good opportunity to give something back today, as has been said a good few games to pay for recently and the club missed out on maybe giving something back by making it a half price walk up or something similar but after saying that under just 9000 was a poor turnout considering the very good run we've been on.

Albanian Hibs
21-02-2016, 06:29 PM
My dad used to get us a quarter of sweeties or something from Greggs before the game rather than the overpriced crap inside. Can't say it bothered us.

I had a delicious cheeseburger from the van outside the stadium which cost me the same as they overpriced minging steak pies inside.

J-C
21-02-2016, 06:32 PM

But it's the same ones who don't spend their money at the games who come on here moaning about everything Hibs.

Hermit Crab
21-02-2016, 06:32 PM
I had a delicious cheeseburger from the van outside the stadium which cost me the same as they overpriced minging steak pies inside.

:agree:. They are horrendous, the one I had today stuck to the foil ashet leaving half of it inside. The meat quality is poor as is the pastry. I really hope they bring the catering in house next season as the food quality and prices are dire to say the least!!!

Peevemor
21-02-2016, 06:35 PM
In all my years supporting Hibs, I can't remember many attendances in excess of 8k against the likes of Alloa.

Hibby Bairn
21-02-2016, 06:40 PM
Listen lads and lassies. The main reason for drop off in crowd today was money.

If you don't have a season ticket most walk up fans will be shelling out between £85 and £200 in the past/next two weeks depending if you are on your tod or have a couple of kids.

Another £22/£46 today when on TV was probably an easy decision.

I was £56 on Tuesday. I'll be £40 for ICT. £60for cup final tickets plus £30 on the bus. Not including petrol and any cup final spend. That is £200+ for me in a 30 day period.

I wasn't there today for this reason and this reason alone.

Having said that if Hibs had done a father and son deal today for £20 I would have gone. But understand why they wouldn't.

lord bunberry
21-02-2016, 06:40 PM
I didn't go today as I'm working and I won't be going on Wednesday for the same reason. All these games recently that aren't on a Saturday are costing me a fortune in lost earnings and I can't justify taking the time off.

Thecat23
21-02-2016, 06:43 PM
Aye, chances. :rolleyes:

My thoughts as well.

Thing is, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's noticed this. He comes on posts one thing that is usually a comment booting the club then leaves. Isn't this trolling?

The threads he comments on are mostly about something not good with Stubbs or Hibs. Loads have been mentioning this so I'm going to ask, why the hell is he allowed to troll the life out this board and still be allowed to post?

For god sake he doesn't even reply to genuine questions just one comment then goes and has everyone pissed off. The man is king at trolling ffs.

Look Steve there is nothing at all wrong about having a difference of opinion it's what makes boards interesting. But why are you always sticking the boot into Stubbs and Hibs and never praise them?

Torto7062
21-02-2016, 06:46 PM
I'd have been if it had been yesterday but had to work today...plus it's been an expensive month to be a hibs fan so ot entirely a surprise considering it was on TV

Ditto..game yesterday and I'm there as worked today..still thought we would have had 10500 at least

budboy38
21-02-2016, 06:46 PM
The issue is more to do with the opposition, lets to be honest most fans will pay to see us against the bigger teams as the result isn't as predictable

J-C
21-02-2016, 06:50 PM
The issue is more to do with the opposition, lets to be honest most fans will pay to see us against the bigger teams as the result isn't as predictable

I seen it differently, Alloa were there to take a good few goals off, so I was expecting a decent open pacey game, especially with Boyle and the others coming in, for me it was a chance to see some goals and the fringe players.

portycabbage
21-02-2016, 06:52 PM
First home game missed this season (petrofac aside) due to family commitments I couldn't get out of, will be there Wednesday!

SanFranHibs
21-02-2016, 06:57 PM
:agree: was just think this when reading the thread. £22 for Alloa at home when on tv is expensive. When it's already wrapped up into a ST you go along, when it's not it's an easy one to choose to miss after shelling out for recent games and games to come.

Easy for me to say, being 6,000 miles away, but maybe after the great performance knocking Hearts out the cup, the near capacity crowd, the emotional SOL the very next game at home was the most important. Would have been special for the team and for Stubbs in particular to run out to a really good crowd as someone else has said.

Maybe we should accept we have assumed the 'mantle' of a 'wee' team and will only bring out big crowds against bigger clubs like Celtic, Rangers and Hearts and of course special occasions like semi-finals and finals.

While I accept the financial burden it must place upon some, if they can't afford it this year then there is less chance they will be able to afford it next year should we gain promotion and years thereafter if we consolidate the gains by signing better players or offering somewhat more lucrative contracts to entice our better players to stay. Prices are not going to drop through the floor. And if people say they would go more often if we are promoted then it obviously is not just about money. Read that one reason is the really important game on Wednesday! What makes that game more important than todays? If we had lost today Wednesday's game might be considered a waste of time as the league was lost. When you are in a title race the next game is the most important and this morning the Alloa game was the most important.

Let's be honest, it was a poor crowd! Out of the thousands who were at the Cup game I am confident a lot decided not to go for reasons other than finances and we would probably find a fair number watched it in a pub. Stubbs must wonder what they have to do to get a more consistent support. He would make the right noises about lot's of games, peoples budgets, etc, but he must have looked around today and been disappointed.

Sir David Gray
21-02-2016, 06:58 PM
Easy for me to say, being 6,000 miles away, but maybe after the great performance knocking Hearts out the cup, the near capacity crowd, the emotional SOL the very next game at home was the most important. Would have been special for the team and for Stubbs in particular to run out to a really good crowd as someone else has said.

Maybe we should accept we have assumed the 'mantle' of a 'wee' team and will only bring out big crowds against bigger clubs like Celtic, Rangers and Hearts and of course special occasions like semi-finals and finals.

While I accept the financial burden it must place upon some, if they can't afford it this year then there is less chance they will be able to afford it next year should we gain promotion and years thereafter if we consolidate the gains by signing better players or offering somewhat more lucrative contracts to entice our better players to stay. Prices are not going to drop through the floor. And if people say they would go more often if we are promoted then it obviously is not just about money. Read that one reason is the really important game on Wednesday! What makes that game more important than todays? If we had lost today Wednesday's game might be considered a waste of time as the league was lost. When you are in a title race the next game is the most important and this morning the Alloa game was the most important.

Let's be honest, it was a poor crowd! Out of the thousands who were at the Cup game I am confident a lot decided not to go for reasons other than finances and we would probably find a fair number watched it in a pub. Stubbs must wonder what they have to do to get a more consistent support. He would make the right noises about lot's of games, peoples budgets, etc, but he must have looked around today and been disappointed.

Totally agree.

Hero76
21-02-2016, 07:03 PM
:agree:. They are horrendous, the one I had today stuck to the foil ashet leaving half of it inside. The meat quality is poor as is the pastry. I really hope they bring the catering in house next season as the food quality and prices are dire to say the least!!!

The lentil soup was worth every penny :agree:

hibsbollah
21-02-2016, 07:05 PM
Hearts are selling out every week

:faf:
I was taking you seriously up to that point.

Alfred E Newman
21-02-2016, 07:12 PM
Not surprised with the turnout really ,especially with the game on TV.
If you don't have a season, two games this week and final tickets to buy as well is a big outlay. I am sure we will see a much bigger turnout against Morton on Wednesday.

Scouse Hibee
21-02-2016, 07:16 PM

Yeah that van is decent, run by Sam&Ella often use it myself.

Hibernian Verse
21-02-2016, 07:22 PM
Can someone please explain to me why people say they'll go when Hibs get promoted. As far as I'm aware I'm a Hibs fan and I go to watch Hibs not whoever else we're playing. We now have a winning side playing some excellent football and still people don't come back. And for those saying it's due to finances, I understand. However, that explanation doesn't wash for 8000 people does it?

Clearly I'm in the minority and bat **** crazy?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
21-02-2016, 07:23 PM
Can someone please explain to me why people say they'll go when Hibs get promoted. As far as I'm aware I'm a Hibs fan and I go to watch Hibs not whoever else we're playing. We now have a winning side playing some excellent football and still people don't come back. And for those saying it's due to finances, I understand. However, that explanation doesn't wash for 8000 people does it?

They'll be the same people who said they would only come back if Rangers were made to start again in the bottom division after they were liquidated.

Saturday Boy
21-02-2016, 07:25 PM

Well, I thought that was funny. :aok:

Hibernian Verse
21-02-2016, 07:28 PM
They'll be the same people who said they would only come back if Rangers were made to start again in the bottom division after they were liquidated.
And the same ones that said they would come back if we started to play better football and win games.

Whilst I'm posting I'll add to the finances argument. I was a student in Aberdeen for 4 years and worked there for 1.5 after. I still got a season ticket and attended 75% of home games and most of the away games.

Don't worry about sending medals in the post, I've already got some left over from last season [emoji12]

emerald green
21-02-2016, 07:37 PM

Not every supporter has the same level of commitment for starters.

Most clubs in Scotland would be well envious and very happy with an attendance of nearly 9,000 for a Championship game against Alloa (80 fans) being shown live on TV at lunchtime on a Sunday.

Do you seriously believe there would be nearly 17,000 Hibs fans at ER this afternoon?

Hibernian Verse
21-02-2016, 07:40 PM
Not every supporter has the same level of commitment for starters.

Most clubs in Scotland would be well envious and very happy with an attendance of nearly 9,000 for a Championship game against Alloa (80 fans) being shown live on TV at lunchtime on a Sunday.

Do you seriously believe there would be nearly 17,000 Hibs fans at ER this afternoon?
You'd make quite the politician twisting my words like that. I thought we'd get 10k to be honest.

Of course most teams would be envious, as we should be of the ugly sisters. However, talking in terms of geographics we should have much bigger crowds than them (non old firm). Or do you disagree?

Nakedmanoncrack
21-02-2016, 07:53 PM
It's a second tier game v Alloa live on TV, doubt if there's ever been a time in the clubs history that we could expect to better a near 9K attendance for such a fixture.

emerald green
21-02-2016, 07:55 PM
You'd make quite the politician twisting my words like that. I thought we'd get 10k to be honest.

Of course most teams would be envious, as we should be of the ugly sisters. However, talking in terms of geographics we should have much bigger crowds than them (non old firm). Or do you disagree?

You've totally insulted me, likening me to a politician. How dare you. :greengrin It wasn't a deliberate attempt to twist your words. Honest, you can trust me. :greengrin

I note you agree that most clubs in Scotland would be envious of the sort of crowd Hibs got today. I don't think however Hibs fans should be envious of the ugly sisters. They have a much larger fan base than Hibs can ever hope to aspire to TBH, and there's nothing we can do about that, so why worry?

In terms of geographics I think, broadly speaking, Hibs crowds are better than most clubs in Scotland just now even though Hibs are playing in the Championship against some clubs who have no travelling support worth talking about.

So you thought there would be 10k. That seems not unreasonable IMHO. It doesn't mean then that the other 8,000 who were at ER on Tuesday would realistically be expected at ER again today.

Like you, I would have liked to have seen a few more at the match today.

Fergos
21-02-2016, 07:56 PM
In all my years supporting Hibs, I can't remember many attendances in excess of 8k against the likes of Alloa.

Agreed. Been going close on 40 years and remember attendances of around 5/6k as the norm for this type of fixture in the past.

9k with it live on sky isn't too bad.

GGTTH

GreenArmyyy!
21-02-2016, 07:58 PM
:faf:
I was taking you seriously up to that point.

As much as I hate giving them any sort of "praise" there's no point in shying away from it, they do.

Brightside
21-02-2016, 08:17 PM
So will we get 15k every week when you go up a league? Nah - no chance. People have just given up going to watch football in scotland. You have maybe 7000 die hards and a bunch that are dragged along with them...the rest just pick the big games that they fancy.

Brightside
21-02-2016, 08:18 PM
As much as I hate giving them any sort of "praise" there's no point in shying away from it, they do.

They don't. Hibs v St Jonstone is the closest thing to a Sell out they have had.

leggeto
21-02-2016, 08:21 PM

Nah,alloa,freezing,on TV,1.30 on a Sunday,wasn't expecting a big crowd although they deserved one after Tuesday

SunshineOnLeith
21-02-2016, 08:25 PM
Sunday lunchtime games at Easter Road never get great crowds. Against Alloa, lots of big games to pay for, out of the normal routine for most people. If I didn't have a ST I doubt I'd have gone today. No excuses, just don't think I'd have bothered.

hibsbollah
21-02-2016, 08:30 PM

They don't. They've done well to hold up their attendance despite relegation (maybe because they pulled together after the money ran out because like we did in the hands off hibs days) but they don't sell out. Even when they claim it you can see hundreds of empty seats just on tv. It's cock measuring.

MWHIBBIES
21-02-2016, 08:36 PM
As much as I hate giving them any sort of "praise" there's no point in shying away from it, they do.Just have to look at their cup attendances to see that is pish, they had less us in the league cup quarters and they had Celtic. Hearts absolutely do not get 16k every week, same as the huns weren't getting close to 50k in the 3rd and 2nd divisions.

Hibernia&Alba
21-02-2016, 08:41 PM
They don't. They've done well to hold up their attendance despite relegation (maybe because they pulled together after the money ran out because like we did in the hands off hibs days) but they don't sell out. Even when they claim it you can see hundreds of empty seats just on tv. It's cock measuring.

Ann Budge won that competition

OsloHibs
21-02-2016, 08:49 PM
I can understand why some people don't attend.

I can't understand you would feed your kids this :confused:

guillaume
21-02-2016, 08:51 PM

Not sure why anyone would care about their attendances?

We saw at close hand this last fortnight how awful the jambo brand of football is, and I'm getting used to the fact that unfortunately there are 10,000 or so inadequates in the lothian area who would rather drone on about 'big teams' and imaginary full houses then actually watch anything resembling good football.

Personally I'm pretty bored watching Hibs play part-time teams so I passed on my season ticket to someone else today and earned a few family brownie points ahead of the upcoming busy schedule :agree:

Lago
21-02-2016, 09:10 PM
So will we get 15k every week when you go up a league? Nah - no chance. People have just given up going to watch football in scotland. You have maybe 7000 die hards and a bunch that are dragged along with them...the rest just pick the big games that they fancy.
Youve hit the nail on the head, I am sorry to say, times have changed.

Just Jimmy
21-02-2016, 09:12 PM
I was working early today and finished at 1 but didn't have time to get to edinburgh. Was off yesterday so could have made 3pm Saturday.
That said £28 tuesday £22 today and £25 this week for a final ticket is too much so i may well have missed today anyway given it was on tv. It was just too much for too many we just have to accept fans will pick and choose. Anyone comparing alloa to a scottish cup replay with hearts or a cup final is daft and just doesn't get it anyway.

Hermit Crab
21-02-2016, 09:13 PM

Very good. :tee hee:

Criswell
21-02-2016, 09:33 PM
Hearts claiming they are selling-out every game just mystifies me. It would mean that every away team would have to sell out their (2000?) allocation as well. Ross County anyone?

PatHead
21-02-2016, 09:41 PM
Parkhead looked pretty empty on Sportscene today

Forza Fred
21-02-2016, 09:52 PM
I was a walk up today with my dad. Can understand the low crowd today. We've had 5 games the last 2/3 weeks and have a lot more games in the weeks to come. Not to mention it was Alloa and final coming up as well.

I Thi k,fitba fans, just like the rest of society are changing.

In my youth, fitba really was the main pastime, and 'undieing loyalty' could generally be relied upon to ensure regular Attendance.

Not so sure that same mindset exists with a lot of people these days, and they don't feel 'guilty' if they don't attend but choose to do something else

I'venoticed the phrase 'I pick my games now' used ore and more on this forum for various years, for a variety of reasons,be it cost, work or whatever.

Not passing judgement,just saying that Ithink the variation in numbers between what are viewed as attractive games,and those viewed as not so Ttractive,is with us to stay.

Biggie
21-02-2016, 09:52 PM
Thought it looked busier than £9k today tbh.......mind you 50 Alloa fans doesn't help...

California-Hibs
21-02-2016, 10:01 PM
It was poor, but I love Hearts fans getting a semi over it, when the fact remains that the highest attendance all season within Tynecastle was from HIBS fans in the Semi Final. That the 19,500 we had at Easter Road is more than they can even FIT in their TINY ass dump of a stadium.

They wouldn't know about it being an expensive time coming up with them not being in a Quarter Final of the Scottish and the Final of the League Cup.

Time.straws.cluching.big

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-02-2016, 10:05 PM
Hearts claiming they are selling-out every game just mystifies me. It would mean that every away team would have to sell out their (2000?) allocation as well. Ross County anyone?

Hearts fill the home stands and half of the away. No chance every away team is taking 2k or more, except Celtic, Hearts, Rangers, Sheep and/ot ourselves.

ehf
21-02-2016, 10:23 PM
I have a season ticket but (briefly) thought twice about going today. Partly because it was always going to be a come-down after Tuesday, partly because a 1.30 kick off is the worst possible (not enough time to do anything decent either before or after) and partly because it it was Alloa; anything less than a win and it would be a waste of time, but even a win would be no great shakes.

But I went am am glad I did, really enjoyed it, encouraged by the depth of our squad, enthused by Boyle and Carmichael, learnt a bit more about about Dagnall and Keatings, saw a new side of Hanlon when he went left-mid late on (superb footballer) and many other "little" things.

For us diehards, it is a bit like a soap opera, I suppose; you want to know the the development, the journey, of all the characters, from main to minor. Other Hibs fans will only go to the really big games and there are many that will waver in between, depending on a huge range of factors.

But to criticise the choice of any individual over whether to attend a football match or not is nothing more than intolerance and that is at the root of all bad things in this world.

hibsbollah
21-02-2016, 10:25 PM
I have a season ticket but (briefly) thought twice about going today. Partly because it was always going to be a come-down after Tuesday, partly because a 1.30 kick off is the worst possible (not enough time to do anything decent either before or after) and partly because it it was Alloa; anything less than a win and it would be a waste of time, but even a win would be no great shakes.

But I went am am glad I did, really enjoyed it, encouraged by the depth of our squad, enthused by Boyle and Carmichael, learnt a bit more about about Dagnall and Keatings, saw a new side of Hanlon when he went left-mid late on (superb footballer) and many other "little" things.

For us diehards, it is a bit like a soap opera, I suppose; you want to know the the development, the journey, of all the characters, from main to minor. Other Hibs fans will only go to the really big games and there are many that will waver in between, depending on a huge range of factors.

But to criticise the choice of any individual over whether to attend a football match or not is nothing more than intolerance and that is at the root of all bad things in this world.

An outstanding post :agree:

Jonnyboy
21-02-2016, 10:26 PM

Great post :aok:

superfurryhibby
21-02-2016, 10:32 PM
Youve hit the nail on the head, I am sorry to say, times have changed.

We've always/ often had poor crowds. No change really. As a few have said , there were times when we barely made 5-6000 for mundane league games. Even going back to Turnbulls great sides and when we were challenging for the league. Try fitbaw stats or whatever it's called.

The crowd was decent and people are doing what they can. Let's leave the fixation with seats to the Jambos.

hibsbollah
21-02-2016, 10:41 PM
Playing good football, in the top league and assuming the local economy is ok, we have the potential to regularly get 13k a week for run of the mill fixtures. We did under Mowbray. I'm not sure we'll ever get more than that, which is fine by me.

Carheenlea
21-02-2016, 11:28 PM
Eight and a half thousand Hibs fans? Doesn't sound too shabby for an early Sunday KO against Alloa live on the telly. Hoped a few more could have been tempted along on the back of a feel-good factor not experienced since Tony Mowbray`s time, but probably to be expected what with the heavy fixture list and high profile games and expense looming.

Hibs90
21-02-2016, 11:45 PM
I had to work today, so the stupid kick off time and the game being moved screwed me as if it had been Saturday 3pm would have been there no worries. TV is killing the game. Especially up here.

Brizo
22-02-2016, 06:38 AM
Playing good football, in the top league and assuming the local economy is ok, we have the potential to regularly get 13k a week for run of the mill fixtures. We did under Mowbray. I'm not sure we'll ever get more than that, which is fine by me.

:agree: Where I think we also benefited during the Mowbray era and before that the McLeish era was a real tangible increase in a new family crowd with the FF lower being full for seasons. I think a part of that (as well as great football) was the novelty of the new stadium. I don't know if the family sections now moved or been expanded into other bits of the ground but the FF lower looks pretty sparse nowadays. Ive no doubt family pricing is still highly competitive but the post Mowbray years have taken their toll on that potential area of support.

We have a hard core of 8000 which is considerably higher than the hard core 4000 to 5000 I used to stand among in the early 80s. Games like the St J Semi and Hearts replay will bring out the additional 8000 who can be considered proper Hibs supporters. After years of p@sh to get them back on a regular basis will require promotion and a continuation of our current style of play at that higher level.

Of course we will shortly be in the Cup Final where the day tripper element comes out , the family and friends who never set foot inside Easter Rd. With it being RC the Hibs day tripper element will be out in even greater force. The irony is that post Cup Final these boards will be full of people bemoaning the part timers who didnt know the players names or the jakey pond lifes who they were sat beside. They will be looking forward to normal service being resumed and sitting among 8000 hard core Hibs fans.

Mikey09
22-02-2016, 09:01 AM

Good for you. I'm a walk up with my son and daughter. We get to as many games as possible depending on firstly, my shifts. Secondly, finances. We've been to a lot of games recently as we have really pushed the boat out with the small amount of extra cash we have at the end of each month. So my friend, I am interested in ticket prices, as in if we can ALL afford to go as we're a family. To afford cup final tickets I did an extra shift yesterday and working a double shift on Wednesday from 7am till 10.30pm. This will go towards our cup final tickets and bus. So as I said, if ticket prices don't interest you, try and understand they are a huge factor for others... GGTTH

NAE NOOKIE
22-02-2016, 09:36 AM
Not read the whole thread, but FWIW ..... I can understand the missing fans on Sunday, if you wanted to create the circumstances that would lead to a poor number of walk ups you couldn't do much better.

£28 for the Yams game

Alloa .... a game we were almost certain to win, live on telly with a 1:30 kick off .... as somebody else said, at times it was like a training game we were so much on top ... but followed 3 days later by Morton, a much tougher game, under the lights, not on telly with a normal KO time ... I know which one I would choose.

League cup final tickets to buy at £25 a pop

For a bog standard adult supporter without a season ticket that's a minimum outlay of £75 .... considerably more with a kid or kids to pay for.

I for one am not too worried about the turn out on Sunday under those circumstances.

WhileTheChief..
22-02-2016, 12:20 PM
If it had been free admission to the game I doubt we would have got many more fans in.

Cost is a reason given but I reckon for the majority it's more about interest. I could afford to go yesterday but just couldn't be assed.

I find it hard to get excited by these games so pick and choose instead. Sorry.

Baldy Foghorn
22-02-2016, 12:32 PM
If it had been free admission to the game I doubt we would have got many more fans in.

Cost is a reason given but I reckon for the majority it's more about interest. I could afford to go yesterday but just couldn't be assed.

I find it hard to get excited by these games so pick and choose instead. Sorry.

Your prerogative, but one of the reasons for the loyalty points system being in place, you go you get rewarded by a decent display and and 3-0 win, and gain points into the bargain making it fairer getting away tickets

silverhibee
22-02-2016, 01:21 PM
Got the flu sometimes you just cannot go

I'm in the ill camp as well, got a chest infection. Hibs game a no no.

hibs0666
22-02-2016, 01:36 PM
One of the take-aways for me is the importance of selling season tickets. We cannot rely on walk-up punters to swell crowds week-in, week-out whereas season ticket holders are far more likely to make that effort.

Super_JMcGinn
22-02-2016, 04:48 PM
Did I pee in your cornflakes or something? No need to answer you're going straight on to my ignore list.

HibsNutter
22-02-2016, 04:58 PM
Not buying the cost argument, pardon the pun. Coming from a student with extremely little money to spend and makes almost every game, it's about priorities.

Around 8,000 who were at the Hearts game didn't bother to turn up today. That is alarming. Funnily enough the excuses people use aren't an issue for fans of our neighbours. We need to match what we are getting from the players and turn out in numbers more frequently. This team deserves better.

Jay
22-02-2016, 05:03 PM
I was working yesterday, can't turn down a Sunday shift because supporting Hibs is costing a small fortune just now.

I don't go with the taking kids to games is expensive stuff - my kids always got a Burger King or McDonald's after the game as it's much cheaper. We aren't there for a feast, they are there to watch the game.

superfurryhibby
22-02-2016, 05:05 PM
Not buying the cost argument, pardon the pun. Coming from a student with extremely little money to spend and makes almost every game, it's about priorities.

Around 8,000 who were at the Hearts game didn't bother to turn up today. That is alarming. Funnily enough the excuses people use aren't an issue for fans of our neighbours. We need to match what we are getting from the players and turn out in numbers more frequently. This team deserves better.

No one needs an excuse not to attend and it's not alarming, it is in fact perfectly predictable. Personally, I think Hibs fans are doing rather well at backing the team just now, ask HSL!

HibsNutter
22-02-2016, 05:07 PM
No one needs an excuse not to attend and it's not alarming, it is in fact perfectly predictable. Personally, I think Hibs fans are doing rather well at backing the team just now, ask HSL!

Discounting season ticket holders, well under a thousand people showed up. Of course that is alarming, coming from the back of a great victory. For every two people that turned up against Hearts, one decided not to attend on Sunday. Not good enough imo.

Dom'sFirstTouch
22-02-2016, 05:27 PM
Crowds are increasing, albeit slowly. ~4,000 Hibs fans didn't disappear over night, but over 7 years of average to poor to utterly woeful Hibs teams. Unfortunately it will take time to entice folk back and there's not a lot of point agonising over it in the mean time. Promotion and/or a cup win(s) would certainly give the whole process a boost!

SeanWilson
22-02-2016, 05:31 PM
Discounting season ticket holders, well under a thousand people showed up. Of course that is alarming, coming from the back of a great victory. For every two people that turned up against Hearts, one decided not to attend on Sunday. Not good enough imo.

Non Season ticket and CTU holders have had to shell out a small fortune over the past few weeks.... If I were budgeting for which games I could make, Alloa would be on the 'missable' list..... Hungover Sunday morning, crap kick off time and on sky..... Just the nature of the beast.

superfurryhibby
22-02-2016, 05:36 PM

You don't know how many walk ups there were so you can't really give meaning to arbitrary statements like well under a thousand showed. Maybe a fair few seasons never appeared and the crowd was swollen by people wanting to get 5 points and the right to try for a cup final ticket?

Read the numerous posts stating that our crowds have pretty much been in the same ballpark figure, excepting the odd spike in seasons like the Mowbray one when they were a good bit higher.

The crowd was always going to be like it turned out, in truth what did you expect, rather wish for?

It is good enough, it is what it is. Hibs fans have shown tremendous support for the club, given all the crap. I think the fans should be congratulated for their perseverance.

wookie70
22-02-2016, 06:07 PM
You can only really be responsible for you and your kids attendance. If you choose not to go for whatever reason then it is you conscience that you need to worry about not what anyone else says. Hibs needn't be a priority for everyone. I had a good few years out due to childcare responsibilities but now the wee tykes are old enough to come along they get dragged to some games, miss out on others but can't wait to go to the majority. To me I feel it is a responsibility of being a supporter to go to every game you can. No need for anyone else to feel that way but I actually feel guilty if I miss a game. Not missed a home game since the kids were old enough to come and have missed some great adventures fishing and kayaking as to me Hibs come first. I try to go to as many away games as possible but the expense is terrible with the two kids. Games like Falkirk where kids go free and the travel is easy are rarely missed but QOS with a travel sick bairn isn't much fun.

The crowd was rubbish on Sunday and I feel sorry for the players, supporters, manager and board because we deserve better. After so many years of sub standard football I can see why Hibs are not the priority they once were but that will never be the case with me. If I am lucky enough to be able to afford it then I will always buy a season ticket and go to all the games I can. That will always be one of my life's priorities only second to family and sometimes ahead of my own health.

What annoys me most is fans who want a huge say in everything Hibs do but don't go to games for whatever reason. By all means don't attend that is your choice but don't start frothing off at the mouth about how bad we are playing or loyalty points etc. It's like voting - if you can't be arsed to cast a vote don't complain about the result.

PatHead
22-02-2016, 06:08 PM

I understand that if we used the Hearts method of counting ie tickets sold, the crowd would have been well over 10,500.

blackpoolhibs
22-02-2016, 07:02 PM

Another Nutter who thinks people need to make an excuse for not going to a football match? :confused:

J-C
23-02-2016, 08:27 AM
Another Nutter who thinks people need to make an excuse for not going to a football match? :confused:

I understand games like this against Alloa on a sunday and on TV was always going to see a reduced crowd, it was a shame that we didn't add another 2K onto the total, especially after tuesday. If the game had been played at 3pm, I wouldn't be there myself as I have commitments on a sunday ( except for finals :greengrin ).

WeeRussell
23-02-2016, 11:40 AM

Exactly.

Can't believe there's 5 pages of people telling people they need to do more, and it's their duty etc.

Absolutely no issue with someone being a bit disappointed that we didn't have a bigger crowd - but to charge on lambasting fans as if they've not exercised their right to vote is ludicrous.

Going to a football match is a choice for most people, the same way that going to the cinema (sorry Boab) or any other form of entertainment is. Costs, value and other commitments will all be taken into account.

I feel inclined to go to as many games as I can, because it's how I feel and WANT to go and enjoy supporting the club I love... not because I think I owe it to anyone to spend money and go along.

"not buying" a certain excuse is ridiculous - as nobody needs to explain their reason to anyone should they not want to go to a football match. Ever.

JimBHibees
23-02-2016, 11:55 AM

Agree anyone who didnt think a game v Alloa live on TV sandwiched between much more attractive games/cup derby replay/ cup quarter final and League cup final would have a relatively low crowd is simply living in cloud cuckoo land.

Ringothedog
23-02-2016, 12:24 PM
I understand that if we used the Hearts method of counting ie tickets sold, the crowd would have been well over 10,500.

I actually think that is what we should do, a seat is either sold or it isn't, if it is sold it should be counted. Maybe stop a few on here hyperventilating about our crowds.

jodjam
23-02-2016, 12:32 PM
Some people seem to get really upset when the crowd is lower than what they thought it should be. Whether it's a full house or half empty I'm not fussed.

I realised a long time ago not to get worked up about things outwith my control. I can't force people to go to ER. I'm not fussed if they are walking the dog or it's mother's day.

If it wasn't for the attendance announcement around the 80 minute mark I would not even bother to check the total attendance.

Lancs Harp
23-02-2016, 12:46 PM
Personally I would have loved to have been there on Sunday but with so many matches popping up recently its just taking a massive toll on the finances (as well as time). The cup games against Hearts (replay) and St Johnstone on top of the usual home matches (I only get to the odd away game) have hammered my bank account. With the trains being screwed up its meant more trips by road, which actually works out more expensive then the train. A midweek game tomorrow night meaning a stop over and a cup final ticket plus stop over adds further pressure on the wallet. Its ok saying people are making excuses but it really can be an expensive love affair following the Hibees. The Hearts replay last week I drove up on the afterrnoon and back home again after the game, got in at about 1,30 knackered but very happy.

We all have different circumstances and reasons for making or not making games, whether its work, distance, finance, family or you simply dont want to go. I dont think we should be beating each other up over it.