PDA

View Full Version : Carmichael

Rivers Cuomo
21-02-2016, 03:14 PM
Really impressed with him today. Delighted to see him score after a difficult season for him. Great finish too. Hopefully be a big boost having him for the run in.

21-02-2016, 03:17 PM
Must admit, I thought he was a bit of a dud signing at first therefore was very surprised and worried when we brought him on on tuesday. But fair play to him, I thought he did well when he came on on tuesday and he's had a good game today!

Well done Carmichael, keep working hard to prove you should be in this team :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
21-02-2016, 03:20 PM
Played well, some nice touches and a decent turn of pace as well.

Will have a part to play imo.

sleeping giant
21-02-2016, 03:22 PM
Pleased for him.

Jack Hackett
21-02-2016, 03:23 PM
The boy done good :agree:

Golden Bear
21-02-2016, 03:33 PM
No thread hijack intended but Boyle's performance today was equally impressive.

truehibernian
21-02-2016, 03:40 PM
Great 90 minutes. Little turn on bye line first half was supreme skill. Keatings ball was superb too mind - he looked very frustrated today but never stopped.

Our strikers played too similar today - Boyle and DC had some fine cut backs but both Dagnall and Keatings had made same runs. Little bit more game intelligence required.

Bartley was my man of the match today - solid, unflustered and at times being last man was cool under pressure - second half we looked ropey at times and he held the line well.

Mikey09
21-02-2016, 03:45 PM
Clever wee player is Dan.

Jack Hackett
21-02-2016, 03:45 PM
Great 90 minutes. Little turn on bye line first half was supreme skill. Keatings ball was superb too mind - he looked very frustrated today but never stopped.

Our strikers played too similar today - Boyle and DC had some fine cut backs but both Dagnall and Keatings had made same runs. Little bit more game intelligence required.

Bartley was my man of the match today - solid, unflustered and at times being last man was cool under pressure - second half we looked ropey at times and he held the line well.

He looked utterly dejected when he missed the tap-in for the 3rd. I think he beats himself up way too much

Big_Franck
21-02-2016, 03:49 PM
Thought Carmichael played really well and it was good to see him get a goal. Great touch and some nice bits of skill at times. He's yet another good attacking option.

Vault Boy
21-02-2016, 04:03 PM
I was also impressed by Danny today. A very bright spark and provides something rather different to our attack.

Eyrie
21-02-2016, 04:06 PM
Carmichael played well and gave us some genuine width which we normally lack. Boyle did the same on the other flank and that will always pose a problem for the packed defenses that we have to face in this division.

lucky
21-02-2016, 04:07 PM
Both our wingers played well but the team cruised that game. Only disappointment was we never scored more

matty_f
21-02-2016, 04:12 PM
I thought he did well today, put a good shift in and deserved his goal.

Andy74
21-02-2016, 04:19 PM
Both our wingers played well but the team cruised that game. Only disappointment was we never scored more

Disappointment is our two strikers today who look like they could go weeks without scoring goals just now.

McD
21-02-2016, 04:24 PM
Carmichael was very good, and has given Stubbs another option to consider. He and Boyle were effective, nice problem to have :greengrin

Smartie
21-02-2016, 04:26 PM
Carmichael was very good, and has given Stubbs another option to consider. He and Boyle were effective, nice problem to have :greengrin

:agree:

They made a big impact, I could see them both making a big contribution over the next couple of months.

proud_and_green
21-02-2016, 04:43 PM
I thought he was excellent and wonder whether he may put pressure on wee Louis, seemed able to play on both sides and attacks goal as well.

MWHIBBIES
21-02-2016, 04:48 PM
I thought he was excellent and wonder whether he may put pressure on wee Louis, seemed able to play on both sides and attacks goal as well.He is never a left back in a back 4, really doubt he will ever play ahead of Lewis unless we're playing 5.

Dan was very good today, like a new signing.

I'm_cabbaged
21-02-2016, 04:50 PM
Disappointment is our two strikers today who look like they could go weeks without scoring goals just now.

They look like they're lacking in confidence. This was a chance to gain some, if only Keatings had stuck that one away on Tuesday....

proud_and_green
21-02-2016, 04:50 PM
He is never a left back in a back 4, really doubt he will ever play ahead of Lewis unless we're playing 5.

Dan was very good today, like a new signing.

I was going to add in left midfield role.....

MWHIBBIES
21-02-2016, 04:54 PM
I was going to add in left midfield role.....Fair enough, still wouldn't affect Lewis, 2 very different players. Carmichael is more likely to play on the right/left of our diamond formation like he did against Hearts. Today was probably an exception because Stubbs knew we'd be attacking for most of the game.

gaz1875
21-02-2016, 04:55 PM
Played very well, good control, took players on and scored, another useful player to have fit for the big run in.

Alfred E Newman
21-02-2016, 05:15 PM
They look like they're lacking in confidence. This was a chance to gain some, if only Keatings had stuck that one away on Tuesday....

I think they are maybe trying too hard and the ball is definitely not running for them. Unfortunately we are going to need one of them against ICT though Boyle or Carmichael with Stokes might be an option.

Big L
21-02-2016, 06:00 PM
Boyles run for the 1st goal was brilliant!

HibsNutter
21-02-2016, 06:30 PM
Thought he was good, great awareness, final ball could be better at times but he impressed considering it was his first start for a long time. Decent finish too after a Keatings' assist that Iniesta would be proud of.

Seveno
21-02-2016, 07:08 PM
Pace and real skill. He will do well for us.

Greenblood70
21-02-2016, 07:12 PM
Thought both of our wide players were excellent today, Danny was really bright considering his long lay off. Great to see the options we have today.:flag:

Hibby Bairn
21-02-2016, 07:21 PM
Thought he was good, great awareness, final ball could be better at times but he impressed considering it was his first start for a long time. Decent finish too after a Keatings' assist that Iniesta would be proud of.

Your last sentence is so true. Fabulous pass. As was Henderson's for the first goal.

ancient hibee
21-02-2016, 07:36 PM
It was very difficult to score goals today.We had plenty ball but they never changed and had seven men in their box (at least) every time we got near.The goals we scored were as as a result of some exceptional play.

brog
21-02-2016, 08:03 PM
Dan was excellent, chose a lot of right options & I can't recall him giving the ball away bar maybe once when he lost his footing. He has lovely balance & looks a footballer. Gives us a real option in run in as does Martin who is less graceful but, on his game is equally effective. Don't send for the guys in white jackets for me but the way they played & the contrast in styles reminded me of Edwards/Duncan.

HibsNutter
21-02-2016, 08:06 PM
Dan was excellent, chose a lot of right options & I can't recall him giving the ball away bar maybe once when he lost his footing. He has lovely balance & looks a footballer. Gives us a real option in run in as does Martin who is less graceful but, on his game is equally effective. Don't send for the guys in white jackets for me but the way they played & the contrast in styles reminded me of Edwards/Duncan.

Has his loan spell finished?

Jonnyboy
21-02-2016, 08:10 PM

Think brog may have meant big Marv

hibsbollah
21-02-2016, 08:27 PM

Martin? Do you mean Maureen? :dunno:

ehf
21-02-2016, 08:44 PM
No thread hijack intended but Boyle's performance today was equally impressive.

:agree: As well as his his goals, Boyle's defensive work was excellent, particularly in the first half.

Not sure about Dagnall, though; wish we had held on to Dom for the run-in.

overdrive
21-02-2016, 08:52 PM
:agree: As well as his his goals, Boyle's defensive work was excellent, particularly in the first half.

This.

Boyle and Carmichael took their chances today (in both senses of the phrase). Dagnall and Keatings didn't. We know there is a player in Keatings but so far Dagnall is a step down from Malonga and even Anier IMO. He puts in a shift but his end product has been woefully lacking.

Comedy moment when he mis-hit the ball when recovering it from the crowd at a corner.

Pretty Boy
21-02-2016, 09:09 PM

Dagnall is so frustrating.

He took up some great positions today, win his fair share in the air and had a few nice lay offs and passes but the twice he really had sight of goal I was never close to convinced he was going to score.

Smartie
21-02-2016, 09:43 PM

He took up some great positions today, win his fair share in the air and had a few nice lay offs and passes but the twice he really had sight of goal I was never close to convinced he was going to score.

I like Dagnall but I wasn't even convinced he was going to shoot, let alone score.

Sir David Gray
21-02-2016, 09:49 PM

:agree: He's a hard worker but he's not a natural goalscorer from what I've seen of him so far.

hfc rd
21-02-2016, 10:31 PM

This. Given a chance today and he took it. Really good performance.

Ronniekirk
21-02-2016, 11:11 PM
Was only Alloa ,but his performance today suggests that his operation has helped him get back to full fitness and he clearly has something to bring to the party in the closing part of the season Like a new Signing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

monktonharp
22-02-2016, 01:59 AM
I like Dagnall but I wasn't even convinced he was going to shoot, let alone score.I think it was a bit unfair to criticise him yesterday. he tried hard and also got into the right positions you'd want a striker to be
in, when we were charging forward but it never fell in front of him. Carmichael, on the other hand just needed his bootlace to touch a cross, and it would have went in! .

Andy74
22-02-2016, 10:49 AM
I think it was a bit unfair to criticise him yesterday. he tried hard and also got into the right positions you'd want a striker to be
in, when we were charging forward but it never fell in front of him. Carmichael, on the other hand just needed his bootlace to touch a cross, and it would have went in! .

Dagnall has been getting in some decent positions and works hard but he has never given the impression yet that he is able to put the ball in the net. Is that 7 appearances without a goal?

The one on one on yesterday was an opportunity to show that once in there he could convert but the way he dealt with it wasn't convincing.

CallumLaidlaw
22-02-2016, 11:20 AM
I have said for a while that I would like us to play an "attacking" 3-5-2 against the weaker teams in the league that will pack out their defences. in the bigger games where we play 3-5-2 I would still expect full backs in the wide areas, but we really should be able to deal with the "smaller" teams with 3 centre halves and the likes of Bartley/Fyvie dropping in. It definitely gave us more width yesterday and stretched their back line, allowing us to get in behind the defence where we may not have been able to do playing the diamond formation.

NAE NOOKIE
22-02-2016, 11:56 AM
Lets not forget that we signed Carmichael on the back of a couple of seasons at QotS where he made a more than decent contribution in bigger games against the likes of us and a few Premier league sides. It wasn't so much making him a good player as just getting him back to the level he was at and then improving on it.

To me he looks stronger than the player who joined us, there's a bit more of a presence about him and that cant be a bad thing .... as we get to the business end of the season he could yet have a big part to play. He took his goal beautifully on Sunday.

BSEJVT
22-02-2016, 12:21 PM
I think bought Danny & Martin Boyle had really good games yesterday.

Their ability to run beyond the defence not only created 2 of our goals but gave us a bit more penetration than I have seen for a while.

Danny skinned his man a good few times and although his into the box crossing wasn't brilliant, he has the ability to lift his head and cut back lots of balls across the edge of the box to midfielders which were perfectly placed and weighted and were played along the ground making it easier for the recipient to receive in his stride.

JimBHibees
22-02-2016, 01:07 PM
I think bought Danny & Martin Boyle had really good games yesterday.

Their ability to run beyond the defence not only created 2 of our goals but gave us a bit more penetration than I have seen for a while.

Danny skinned his man a good few times and although his into the box crossing wasn't brilliant, he has the ability to lift his head and cut back lots of balls across the edge of the box to midfielders which were perfectly placed and weighted and were played along the ground making it easier for the recipient to receive in his stride.

Both did well however would like to have seen Dan go on the outside a couple of times more than he did. He did it once in the second half and put an excellent ball in with his left foot. Good performance.

JimBHibees
22-02-2016, 01:11 PM
Dagnall has been getting in some decent positions and works hard but he has never given the impression yet that he is able to put the ball in the net. Is that 7 appearances without a goal?

The one on one on yesterday was an opportunity to show that once in there he could convert but the way he dealt with it wasn't convincing.

He certainly didnt look as sharp as he did in the semi final where I thought he did well. Keatings also seems to be struggling with himself abit though thought he looked the better of the 2 yesterday and his pass for the second goal was sublime. Just hopes Stokes doesnt get injured prior to the semi final. Wouldnt rule out Boyle up front for the quarter final with Stokes.

brog
22-02-2016, 03:33 PM

I was referring to Martin Boyle & comparing & contrasting his style with Dan Carmichael.

CmoantheHibs
22-02-2016, 05:29 PM
I cant believe so many people had written off Danny Carmichael prior to yesterday. He was a standout player in this league last year and has not had an opportunity to shine due to injury. I actually expected him to get a couple in yesterdays match so was disappointed in his contribution :greengrin . Yesterday he showed loads of ability along with a fantastic attitude when not on the ball. I think he will be a huge player for us over the next few years.

J-C
22-02-2016, 05:38 PM
I cant believe so many people had written off Danny Carmichael prior to yesterday. He was a standout player in this league last year and has not had an opportunity to shine due to injury. I actually expected him to get a couple in yesterdays match so was disappointed in his contribution :greengrin . Yesterday he showed loads of ability along with a fantastic attitude when not on the ball. I think he will be a huge player for us over the next few years.

TBH I can't remember reading anything on here where people were writing him off, with his injury problems this year and the fact the team has been doing so well, it was always going to be hard for him to push his way into the team. I was delighted he and a few others were given a chance yesterday and both he and Boyle took their opportunity well, he's a good we player with bags of ability and will be needed on the run in.

1two
22-02-2016, 06:02 PM
I like Dagnall but I wasn't even convinced he was going to shoot, let alone score.

I said yesterday I think he just needs a goal to get going

That's what I'm hoping anyway

Hibbyhaz
23-02-2016, 04:21 PM
I was very pleased when we signed him after watching him playing for Queen of the South a few times. Finally people have stopped taking the piss after I got his name on the back of my shirt:thumbsup:

Smartie
23-02-2016, 04:53 PM
I was very pleased when we signed him after watching him playing for Queen of the South a few times. Finally people have stopped taking the piss after I got his name on the back of my shirt:thumbsup:

So was I.

I remember thinking he was superb against us when QotS knocked us out the League Cup a few years back.

Last season he did well against us and I remember watching him play against Rangers and (I think) Hearts and he looked a constant menace.

He really didn't look up to much at the start of this season - I reckon he's been carrying an injury because Sunday was a lot more like the player I thought he was going to be.

Smartie
23-02-2016, 04:55 PM
I said yesterday I think he just needs a goal to get going

That's what I'm hoping anyway

Generally I've liked him so far.

But the last 2 games he's played he'd looked short on confidence.

There were 2 decent chances for him to get his foot through the ball and he didn't take on either which was really disappointing. He looked to have a decent strike on him in some of our earlier games too.

Hopefully he does just need a goal. He does offer us something different to our other strikers but in a team challenging for the title and in both cups you can't really carry strikers who aren't scoring (unless bucket loads of goals are coming from other sources).