PDA

View Full Version : If it goes to the Play-offs

Jack Hackett
20-02-2016, 03:34 PM
IMO there are 3 prospective contenders for 11th atm, though that could easily change considering how louping all of them are. Killie, Hamilton and Motherwell look to be in the mix for now, and if it comes to pass that we have to go down this route, there's only one of them I really, really want a showdown with.

Payback is a bitch :greengrin

Joe6-2
20-02-2016, 03:35 PM
IMO there are 3 prospective contenders for 11th atm, though that could easily change considering how louping all of them are. Killie, Hamilton and Motherwell look to be in the mix for now, and if it comes to pass that we have to go down this route, there's only one of them I really, really want a showdown with.

Ha ha, good thinking!

Sir David Gray
20-02-2016, 03:39 PM

I don't know, I reckon that relegating a team that employs Jamie Hamill, Kris Boyd, Dale Carrick, Jamie MacDonald, Kevin McHattie and Lee McCulloch would fill me with great joy.

lyonhibs
20-02-2016, 03:44 PM
I don't know, I reckon that relegating a team that employs Jamie Hamill, Kris Boyd, Dale Carrick, Jamie MacDonald, Kevin McHattie and Lee McCulloch would fill me with great joy.

I was going to say, is the answer to the OP Kilmarnock??

A team rammed full of horrible players.

Keith_M
20-02-2016, 03:45 PM
Is it mathematically impossible for Hearts to finish in 11th?

1van Sprou7e
20-02-2016, 03:45 PM

This, it would honestly be the perfect way to get promoted (other than winning the treble of course)

Billy Whizz
20-02-2016, 03:47 PM
Is it mathematically impossible for Hearts to finish in 11th?

Doubt it, but the 6th placed team at the split, could end up with less points than the team in 11th at the end of the season

Jack Hackett
20-02-2016, 03:48 PM

....But then again, we'd get the chance to relegate them next season. I think the boys (those that are still here) would love another pop at Hamilton

GreenCastle
20-02-2016, 03:54 PM
You do know McDonald would have the game of his life against us once again.

Still long way to go and a league title or 2 playoff games v Falkirk to contend with.

Keith_M
20-02-2016, 04:05 PM
Doubt it, but the 6th placed team at the split, could end up with less points than the team in 11th at the end of the season

Maybe the wheels have come off their wagon after defeats on Tuesday and today

I'd love Hibs to meet them in the play-offs :wink:

NadeAteMyLunch!
20-02-2016, 04:39 PM
I'd be more worried about facing Falkirk than any of those teams tbh.

stoneyburn hibs
20-02-2016, 05:14 PM

Still long way to go and a league title or 2 playoff games v Falkirk to contend with.

That's my thinking regarding McDonald, apparently he was decent today and has been throughout the season.

AndyB_70
20-02-2016, 05:26 PM
We always find it hard against Falkirk so I'll take anyone as long as we can get past them.

essexhibee
20-02-2016, 05:46 PM
Imo the biggest hurdle will be getting past Falkirk. Not the spl team.

Col2
20-02-2016, 05:56 PM
Still think we will win the league.

HibsNutter
20-02-2016, 05:59 PM
As mentioned, Falkirk will be the harder of the two games. I can't see it happening but Dundee United completing a miraculous escape and finishing 11th, coming into the play-offs on a massive high would be the worst case scenario regarding potential premier league opposition. Although, I'd still expect us to beat them, as I'd expect us to beat anyone in the Premier League who are currently in the bottom half. I'm confident we will be promoted.

adhibs
20-02-2016, 06:16 PM
If it comes to the play offs, probably killie. Would get the biggest away allocation.

Ronniekirk
20-02-2016, 07:18 PM

We are going to finish second at worst , but after today's result for st mirren they could end up in fourth spot which would mean Falkirk Playing St mirren twice before playing us So unless we had key players out injured or suspended we would be the fresher team going into these games .and over two games we are more than capable of getting through.

At this stage it still isn't clear who is going to finish 11th so will wait and see .
Tomorrow we will get a better idea if waghorn being missing has any impact on The Rangers
Do I expect us to break down Alloa Yes and even though some players may be tired after the effort put in v Hearts ,I expect us to score a few tomorrow and keep a clean sheet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Onceinawhile
20-02-2016, 07:29 PM
If it comes to the play offs, probably killie. Would get the biggest away allocation.

Indeed and the second leg will be away for us if we get there. Demand will be huge especially as it would be the game after we win the Scottish Cup.

mim
20-02-2016, 07:48 PM
Stuff the artificial pitches. I'd take Murderwell. :greengrin

Diclonius
20-02-2016, 07:50 PM
Sincerely hope that whoever finishes 4th dumps out Falkirk before we play them. The prospect of going up against Houston's hammer throwers worries me.

The 11th placed team I reckon will be no bother.

Alex Trager
20-02-2016, 08:24 PM
Falkirk is my worry if we have to do the playoffs

bingo70
20-02-2016, 08:33 PM
Falkirk don't worry me. They aren't a bad side but by the time the play off comes they'll have lost loads of momentum and will finish off 10-15 points behind whoever finishes second.

As for the premiership play off team, it's imppssobke to say just now, I just hope that if we are there then we're not playing against a team on a good run of form like Motherwell last season, for that reason I hope Dundee Utd get relegated and maybe a team like Inverness get dragged into it after a long losing streak

IberianHibernian
20-02-2016, 08:38 PM
We are going to finish second at worst , but after today's result for st mirren they could end up in fourth spot which would mean Falkirk Playing St mirren twice before playing us So unless we had key players out injured or suspended we would be the fresher team going into these games .and over two games we are more than capable of getting through.

At this stage it still isn't clear who is going to finish 11th so will wait and see .
Tomorrow we will get a better idea if waghorn being missing has any impact on The Rangers
Do I expect us to break down Alloa Yes and even though some players may be tired after the effort put in v Hearts ,I expect us to score a few tomorrow and keep a clean sheet

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkThink it`s a bit soon to say we`ll definitely finish in top 2 . Falkirk have had a few draws recently but if that`s their bad run over think it`s a bit soon to write them off for for second or even first . Our results against Falkirk this season or last don`t suggest we`ll definitely beat them in April or in possible playoff .

Sir David Gray
20-02-2016, 08:42 PM
Think it`s a bit soon to say we`ll definitely finish in top 2 . Falkirk have had a few draws recently but if that`s their bad run over think it`s a bit soon to write them off for for second or even first . Our results against Falkirk this season or last don`t suggest we`ll definitely beat them in April or in possible playoff .

There's no way Falkirk will catch Sevco. They're 10 points behind them having played a game more.

They might still catch us although I don't think so, considering we're still 2 points ahead of them and have 2 games in hand.

They'll finish 3rd.

Ronniekirk
20-02-2016, 08:44 PM
Think it`s a bit soon to say we`ll definitely finish in top 2 . Falkirk have had a few draws recently but if that`s their bad run over think it`s a bit soon to write them off for for second or even first . Our results against Falkirk this season or last don`t suggest we`ll definitely beat them in April or in possible playoff .

I am not being over complacent hence I said if we don't have key players missing .But I do think this is a better team than last season and I think we have shown we can now handle the big occasion games ,so basing it on that But yes Falkirk have given us difficult games no question of that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hibbypostie
20-02-2016, 09:03 PM

Me too http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.giflets hope QoS help make a few more people positive tomorrow along with a good win at ER for us of course

someone is due a thumping from us its all going to click in to place one game sooner or later :aok:

SteveHFC
20-02-2016, 09:08 PM

This.

Sammy7nil
20-02-2016, 10:26 PM
Partick or Hamilton will finish 11th we will beat either if we get past Falkirk

Hibernia&Alba
20-02-2016, 10:33 PM

I'd like to think so, but, deep down, if I'm honest, I think it's going to be the play offs. You never know; if we can put the pressure on The Rangers, we'll see what they're made of.

Jack Hackett
20-02-2016, 10:45 PM
I'd like to think so, but, deep down, if I'm honest, I think it's going to be the play offs. You never know; if we can put the pressure on The Rangers, we'll see what they're made of.

I've also pretty much accepted that winning the league might be too much. If we do win it, it will be a massive upper as I'm not expecting it. I am expecting to go up. No one in this league or the premier is good enough to stop us over 2 legs.

stoneyburn hibs
20-02-2016, 11:16 PM
Can't understand why some are concerned about facing Falkirk, 90 minutes I'd be a wee bit worried. 2 games against them I have no doubt. At any stage in the playoffs we will do it .

Pete
21-02-2016, 12:59 AM
I was a bit worried about facing Falkirk but the game plan should be simple as Houston actually gave it away.

We simply need to put more crosses into their box than they put into our box.

coldingham hibs
21-02-2016, 09:27 AM
Play off's are a lottery, doesn't matter what teams are involved. We need to win this league.

Imagine drawing a first leg against a team, thinking the home game will be a stroll then getting a player sent off in 5 minutes.

Anything could happen.

Keith_M
21-02-2016, 09:30 AM
I wonder if the SFA and SPFL have learned anything after last year's fiasco over the dates of the final Play Off games and the Cup Final.

Jack Hackett
21-02-2016, 11:43 AM
I wonder if the SFA and SPFL have learned anything after last year's fiasco over the dates of the final Play Off games and the Cup Final.

Doesn't look like it

Play-off Final 1st Leg May 19th
Scottish Cup Final May 21st
My badly timed 5 day trip to Barcelona May 22nd
Play-off Final 2nd Leg May 22nd.

If we get to the cup final and are also involved in the Play-offs, I think the Play-offs will be put back a week...which is good for me :greengrin