PDA

View Full Version : Hibs hopeful Jason Cummings will sign new contract

YehButNoBut
20-02-2016, 10:21 AM
Hopefully Hibs & Jason come to an agreement soon, his goals are vital to us & he's still learning so plenty time for a move in a few years if he keeps improving as he has in the last 2 seasons.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-hopeful-jason-cummings-will-sign-new-contract-1-4034894

The head coach said: “Jason’s obviously doing very well. He’s still got 16 months left on his contract. We’ve offered him a contract and we’re still hopeful that he will sign it but I am very comfortable about it. If it does come to a situation, he’s worth a lot of money. Strikers always are.

matty_f
20-02-2016, 10:37 AM
He's a talented boy and he's in the right place to develop. I don't think there is a player at the club now who isn't better for having worked with Stubbs and co.

MagicSwirlingShip
20-02-2016, 10:43 AM
He would be best advised to sign the new contract. Help us get promoted (and a few medals under his belt 😏) then spend a season in the SPL against a higher calibre of defender, all the while working on his game.
Once he has about 150 games under his belt at Hibs he would be in the best place to move on, and I can see him making an impact down South If he gets the right club / manager.

B.H.F.C
20-02-2016, 11:00 AM
If we go up I think he will sign an extension. If we don't, he'll be away in the summer IMO.

Col2
20-02-2016, 11:15 AM
If we go up I think he will sign an extension. If we don't, he'll be away in the summer IMO.

Yup. That's how see it and he would only sign it before May if clear release clause (at a fee) to get more money now in wages and protect himself.

hfc rd
20-02-2016, 11:16 AM

That's what I think as well. Then again, I feel he's best advised to stay here and continue to develop as he ain't anywhere near the finished article just yet.

Keith_M
20-02-2016, 11:41 AM
A three year extension to his current contract would be ideal, get him signed up until Summer 2020.

Stuarty27
20-02-2016, 11:45 AM
This is the best place for him, a wee bit of loyalty would be nice to the club so we get a decent fee for him and he gets a nice wage rise until he moves on.

Its a win-win situation for both.

Don't like his agent tho

SonOfDavidFrancey
20-02-2016, 12:27 PM
I like the tone Stubbs takes in this article: good news if he signs, if he doesn't he is worth a lot of money.

Scott Allan Key
20-02-2016, 12:43 PM
This is the best place for him, a wee bit of loyalty would be nice to the club so we get a decent fee for him and he gets a nice wage rise until he moves on.

Don't like his agent tho

Are there any decent football agents?

NAE NOOKIE
20-02-2016, 01:14 PM
I doubt signing a new contract would do Jason any harm .... Every player has his price no matter how long their contract and he will get a 'big' move in the end if he continues to progress.

It wasn't that long ago that injury almost scuppered his career before it began, so the security of a 3 or 4 year deal isn't to be sniffed at when you have been in that situation.

Finally ..... I wouldn't particularly say Jason owes us anything, but as things stand on this Saturday the 20th of February 2016 his place in the clubs history is as a player who missed a penalty the day we got relegated and a guy who is a fixture in the only Hibs side to spend consecutive seasons outside of the top division since the 19th century ...... I would hope he sticks around long enough to win a cup or promotion, because he deserves better than to be remembered like that.

lord bunberry
20-02-2016, 01:28 PM
:agree: He's at the stage in his career were he needs to be moving up to a higher level. I'm not sure another year in this division would do him any good. The same applies to a few of our team, thankfully the others are on longer contracts.

Ozyhibby
20-02-2016, 01:33 PM
Jason might want to wait and see if the manager commits past the end of next season before he does?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibeemikey21
20-02-2016, 01:37 PM
Jason might want to wait and see if the manager commits past the end of next season before he does?

Jason will be gone in the summer, irrespective of whether we get promoted. This contract will be to give him a bit more cash till the end of the season and to maximise the fee we get.

Stubbs will stay imo

lucky
20-02-2016, 01:49 PM
I want him to sign but this is football. Players move for as much cash as they can get as soon as they can as form or injury can seriously effect their earning capabilities going forward. If anyone is in any doubt about the power of cash just look at the players heading to the Chinese top 2 divisions.

Hibernia&Alba
20-02-2016, 01:50 PM
Jason will be gone in the summer, irrespective of whether we get promoted. This contract will be to give him a bit more cash till the end of the season and to maximise the fee we get.

Stubbs will stay imo

Let's hope not, but there's sure to be English clubs waving cash in front of him this summer, offering wages we can't match.

Frazerbob
20-02-2016, 02:03 PM

Did he not commit when he signed the new contract in the summer?

Jack Hackett
20-02-2016, 02:09 PM
Signing a new extension now would do him no harm whatsoever. He isn't going anywhere under any circumstances before the summer, and I'm sure any extra dosh he receives would be welcome, deserved, and appreciated.

Golden Bear
20-02-2016, 02:14 PM
It would be brilliant if he does sign a contract extension but the longer these things rumble on then they less likely it is that he'll sign. Fingers well and truly crossed though.

Jason may well be very grateful to Hibs for giving him his big break in football so perhaps he will go out of his way to ensure that Hibs gain the maximum possible benefit when he eventually decides to leave.

Dashing Bob S
20-02-2016, 02:16 PM

Stubbs will stay imo

If we go up I think he will spend another year at Hibs to test himself in the SPL and continue his development. If we stay down, he'll move on this summer.

Big L
20-02-2016, 08:22 PM

Don't like his agent tho
Who is his agent? I agree a bit of loyalty would Bo nice, it,s not like us to slip up and have got him on an extension before now.

smithy_hibees
20-02-2016, 09:30 PM
Jason has done well scoring the goals he has week in and week out but he dose need tested at a higher level week in and week out.. although he scores against rangers and hearts so that is a set up for me.. i think hes proven hearts wrong for letting him go but i do think he wants out scottish football and try make it down south.. is he good enough only time will tell but doing well for us and thnk more a hibee than a jambo now GGTTH:flag:

Canon Hannan
20-02-2016, 10:19 PM
Jason is an Edinburgh lad. He left Huddersfield as he hated being away from home aged 17/18. I think he will stay.

CL0762
20-02-2016, 11:44 PM
Who is his agent? I agree a bit of loyalty would Bo nice, it,s not like us to slip up and have got him on an extension before now.

Same agent as a certain Mr S.Allan

3pm
20-02-2016, 11:49 PM
Loyalty would be nice but we all know the score. Loyalty & fitba = 👎🏻

Badge
21-02-2016, 12:01 AM

I don't want to stir things here but you're failure to recognise what people who bought shares in their own name and not through HSL and now this kind of question makes me wonder what you're up to

Ozyhibby
21-02-2016, 02:22 AM
I don't want to stir things here but you're failure to recognise what people who bought shares in their own name and not through HSL and now this kind of question makes me wonder what you're up to

What a very strange thing to say?

cabbageandribs1875
21-02-2016, 02:29 AM
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11118/111188754/4824579-3285060549-4lFdl.gif

Deansy
21-02-2016, 02:59 AM
Like others in here, I'd love it if he signed the new contract on offer as I honestly believe he is still learning and staying with us will truly improve the chances of him having a fantastic future !. Plus it'll mean the really big clubs down south will be interested thus he can avoid the threat to his career of ending up with the 'Ugly Sisters'

HoboHarry
21-02-2016, 06:25 AM
Nothing forthcoming from the ITK mob?

Hibrandenburg
21-02-2016, 08:06 AM
If we go up I think he will spend another year at Hibs to test himself in the SPL and continue his development. If we stay down, he'll move on this summer.

That would be the sensible thing to do, however it's sometimes difficult to do the sensible thing when someone's waving a wad in front of your nose.

bingo70
21-02-2016, 08:15 AM
That would be the sensible thing to do, however it's sometimes difficult to do the sensible thing when someone's waving a wad in front of your nose.

No sure it would be the sensible thing to do.

What happens if he gets injured next season or has a dip in form and struggles? If he gets a good offer in the summer he'd be mad not to consider it

Hibrandenburg
21-02-2016, 08:22 AM
No sure it would be the sensible thing to do.

What happens if he gets injured next season or has a dip in form and struggles? If he gets a good offer in the summer he'd be mad not to consider it

It depends on who comes waving money at him. There's plenty of clubs who can pay silly money to employ him as reserve and even 2nd reserve for their established strikers, that kind of move can be financially rewarding short term but also carries a high risk of being a career killer.

mjhibby
21-02-2016, 08:32 AM
As long as hibs get promoted if Jason wants to go and we get a decent price then thanks for everything Jason. Stubbs has shown he knows a player but getting goalscorers is tougher but I'm sure the management(sorry while I think of the brilliant hale and pace sketch) are looking at all eventualities. I'm probably more concerned about the gradual media hype around super John. We know he is already a cracking player but I'm afraid others have noticed and his assists record must be something else. Also bending Celtic arm regards henderson although he is on a long term contract. Maybe Jason is waiting like Paul Hanlon to see when we go up but they both might miss the boat if we are already looking at likely replacements. Stubbs has got us noticed down south which is great for his future prospects but also means that if/when we go up then we would be an great place for good championship (English)players to move to.