PDA

View Full Version : Don't underestimate what win that was

Bay Area Hibees
20-02-2016, 10:09 AM
Probably a little obvious but beating them effectively over 2 legs was huge result.
They're 3 spot top flight and we are a division below.
We have top flight squad, top 6 squad for that matter and great young manager.
But still turning them over like that was massive.
Stubbs has brought our confidence back. Hope we can keep him and core of the team together, get promoted this year and win a cup.
Compared to last year I'd fancy us against anyone on top flight of it comes to that.

paddy1875
20-02-2016, 10:45 AM
No doubt it was a fantastic result. It was huge. We've proved this season on our day we can beat any team in Scotland.

Promotion this year is a must, the playoffs is a lottery I think. While this team have proved they're well up for the fight and have shaken the label of 'bottlers'. I would be very apprehensive during these games.

Also I fear that no matter what happens at the end of the season Alan Stubbs could well be on his way to another club. I pray he doesn't. This guy has honestly turned the club around, with the help of Leanne of course. He's still relatively new to the management side of things and sometimes leaves me scratching my head. But what would I know.

Anyway the OP is 100% correct. Iv seen loads of people say it, but right now it's absolutely great to be a hibee. There will be some bad results in the future but right now I couldn't give a flying!

MON THE CABBAGE!

mutley
20-02-2016, 11:32 AM
We have faced the bottom team, a mid table team, the team in third spot and the team in second spot. We have beat them all! And in the SC there is a chance that we will meet Celtic , erm don't really want to guess that one, however our squad now is better than the one we had in the last final against Celtic (although I am aware that we have a couple of players that can't play against Celtic)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-02-2016, 12:55 PM
If it had been Falkirk who had turned them over, then they would be having a go at the team big style. Maybe for some of the less well adjusted Hearts fans, it never really sunk in that they were always on a loser with this game. So what if they won. Trying to now, underplay what we did really says more about their team than ours.

Booked4Being-Ugly
20-02-2016, 01:20 PM
Absolutely loved it - probably the majority of Hearts fans were dismissing us and saying they were going to hammer us and discussing how many they'd score against us, was it going to be 2, 3, 4...? Absolutely brilliant how they were totally pig-ignorantly refusing to believe Hibs were anything but a decent side. Again discussing, who from the current Hibs team might make it into the magnificent Hearts select etc! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

I'll tell you what though, I'm not going to pretend that Hearts aren't a decent side but when we got the chance of a replay at ER I KNEW we were going to win the game! Not in an arrogant jambo-esque sense, I just knew were were the better team and if we played to our potential we'd win.

So yes it was a good win but not surprising in the least.

:flag:

NAE NOOKIE
20-02-2016, 01:43 PM
We have faced the bottom team, a mid table team, the team in third spot and the team in second spot. We have beat them all! And in the SC there is a chance that we will meet Celtic , erm don't really want to guess that one, however our squad now is better than the one we had in the last final against Celtic (although I am aware that we have a couple of players that can't play against Celtic)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure Aberdeen were top of the league when we beat them ...... could be wrong of course, auld age n' that :greengrin

Sir David Gray
20-02-2016, 01:47 PM
I'm pretty sure Aberdeen were top of the league when we beat them ...... could be wrong of course, auld age n' that :greengrin

They were.

Scott Allan Key
20-02-2016, 01:52 PM
I don't want to jump the gun. We need to get promoted, ideally by winning the league. We have won nothing as yet but there is every chance that comeback at Tynecastle was a turning of the tide for the foreseeable future in the derby. Despite being 2-0 up they hardly sang. They knew they weren't the footballing team in Edinburgh. Likewise on Tuesday, despite the pressure, we defended ably and created better chances even when clearly tiring. They're **** and they know it.

Baldy Foghorn
20-02-2016, 02:10 PM
Great that a full house was there to see it, and hopefully a few of the guys who have self imposed bans, come back and witness a truly brilliant team.....:flag:

eastterrace
20-02-2016, 02:25 PM
Absolutely loved it - probably the majority of Hearts fans were dismissing us and saying they were going to hammer us and discussing how many they'd score against us, was it going to be 2, 3, 4...? Absolutely brilliant how they were totally pig-ignorantly refusing to believe Hibs were anything but a decent side. Again discussing, who from the current Hibs team might make it into the magnificent Hearts select etc! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! I'll tell you what though, I'm not going to pretend that Hearts aren't a decent side but when we got the chance of a replay at ER I KNEW we were going to win the game! Not in an arrogant jambo-esque sense, I just knew were were the better team and if we played to our potential we'd win. So yes it was a good win but not surprising in the least. :flag: when they humped Motherwell 6-0 they really thought that they would put us out easy but now they know we are a good side. Loved it when they were hoofing the ball up the pitch the fans shouting whoosh

Vini1875
20-02-2016, 03:22 PM
I felt the result was huge in terms of breathing a bit life back into the support. The people who were at the game are most likely those who were at the hamilton debacle and I would bet some of them have not been back since. This was some sort of amends to the fans from the club I felt or at least the start.

Now we have a couple of tricky games a QF and a final. If we win those four games I feel the fans and club will again be reunited, past flaws forgiven and optimism returned. This team is capable of delivering.

The one caution I have is that AS needs to manage the tiredness of the squad with early subs and giving some of the fringe players a chance to stake a claim.

blackpoolhibs
20-02-2016, 03:27 PM
PFFTTT, its only a win against a second rate puddle drinking rabble of hoofball merchants. We beat a couple of proper teams in St Johnstone and Aberdeen.

Bay Area Hibees
21-02-2016, 12:04 AM
Aye your right I was just a bit over excited!