PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: CUP FINAL TICKETS ON SALE FROM MONDAY

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Ronniekirk
03-03-2016, 03:35 PM
Some absolute pish being spoken about rugby, private schools and the poor guy who wants to spend some family time with his sister. For the person who mentioned North Britain...odd..

Anyway back on topic..

Killie Cup final in 2007 - Just found an old picture and we sold around to C1 - plus South Upper

This Cup final - we have 6 blocks of the West Stand also plus what we had for Killie final. Though we don't have South Upper...yet..(what is capacity of half of the South Upper?)

I have tickets in the South Upper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pete
03-03-2016, 03:36 PM

Are you sure it's not the lower?

Golden Bear
03-03-2016, 03:37 PM

Debenture holder?

Onceinawhile
03-03-2016, 03:38 PM

Are you sure? As Hibs definitely aren't selling them!

Plus about 5/6 people have said the same before realising it was lower.

cabbageandribs1875
03-03-2016, 03:39 PM
Got to be more than that? The whole stand is 18K.

upper is approx 3k

JeMeSouviens
03-03-2016, 03:39 PM

Have you actually seen them? I think they sometimes relocate debenture holders to the lower when takeup is low. I'm sure I've been at a Scotland friendly with the South upper completely closed.

JeMeSouviens
03-03-2016, 03:40 PM
South Upper is small. There are only about 24 rows with approx 60 seats in each half of the stand.

Just looked at a pic. Yeah, it is pretty wee compared to the lower.

Ronniekirk
03-03-2016, 03:40 PM
Are you sure it's not the lower?

I dont have them in my possession yet A debenture holder text me today to say the four tickets he got me came through post and are South Upper good seat
Will text and ask what seat numbers are and when i know will post them on here in case he has got this wrong

Edit cant cant tell North from South but fixed now

cabbageandribs1875
03-03-2016, 03:41 PM

I dont have them in my possession yet A debenture holder text me today to say the four tickets he got me came through post and are North Upper good seat
Will text and ask what seat numbers are and when i know will post them on here in case he has got this wrong

:hmmm:

Onceinawhile
03-03-2016, 03:42 PM
I dont have them in my possession yet A debenture holder text me today to say the four tickets he got me came through post and are North Upper good seat

North upper is different! (and even smaller)

Ronniekirk
03-03-2016, 03:43 PM
Have you actually seen them? I think they sometimes relocate debenture holders to the lower when takeup is low. I'm sure I've been at a Scotland friendly with the South upper completely closed.

See other post I was hoping to get re located n the lower as he said i may get ugraded from bronze to gold So will check as he still has them

Ronniekirk
03-03-2016, 03:44 PM
:hmmm:

Meant South Upper

Kojock
03-03-2016, 03:46 PM
upper is approx 3k

That's the entire upper, the poster only wanted to know what half the capacity is. :greengrin

Ronniekirk
03-03-2016, 03:47 PM
Debenture holder?

No me but have a Celtic Supporting friend who is Always handy unless we are playing Celtic

GreenCastle
03-03-2016, 03:48 PM
North Upper is hospitality I believe ?

I have managed to get my hands on a friends debenture tickets also - though not got them in hand yet. He said usually they are South Upper but sometimes South Lower !

I think I will sit in North stand as atmosphere will be better.

Thought that half the South upper would hold more than 1800 :confused:

Ronniekirk
03-03-2016, 04:43 PM

Tockets are L 2 Row P 31 to 34

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-03-2016, 04:49 PM
The point I was making was not about the loyal Hibs fans missing a cup final, it was about the rugby fans who also have a soft spot for Hibs that may have attended the final. Scotland doesn't have that many major sporting events that it needs to put two on in the one day giving SOME people a decision to make. 99% or more on this forum will choose the cup final but there will be empty seats that could have been filled with a bit more thought. Both to dates and price package. That's really all I was meaning.

Perhaps the folk in charge of The 6 Nations shouldnae have planned a Scotland match on the same day as a final of a national football tournament in Scotland was due to be played.

Pete
03-03-2016, 04:53 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/28082u9.jpg

Any update on this?

More Aberdeen and less United now surely.

Jamesie
03-03-2016, 04:53 PM
Egg chasing over a cup final.....wow!
Egg chasing is for no voting, Heriots or Watson attending hoorahs.

Had a brilliant time in Rome last weekend and don't fit any of your criteria I am afraid.

SAUZEH
03-03-2016, 04:54 PM
Hampden Capacity - 51,866 ish
East Stand - 12800 (estimated Hibs sales 9250)
West Stand - 12800 (might be more more??) (estimated Hibs sales 4500)
North Stand - 9100 (estimated Hibs sales 9100) - North Upper - 290 (Estimated sales ???)
South stand - 16876 ish (estimated Hibs sales 5000)

(estimated Hibs sales - 27,850)

RC sales - 5,000

Callum7
03-03-2016, 05:00 PM
Any update on this?

More Aberdeen and less United now surely.

not much to update on but here you go:aok:http://i65.tinypic.com/30caxhe.jpg

RoxburghHibs
03-03-2016, 05:10 PM
North Stand - 9100 (estimated Hibs sales 9100) - North Upper - 290 (Estimated sales ???)

RC sales - 5,000

But our current allocation is 25,800?

Pete
03-03-2016, 05:12 PM

Orange is as good as sold out. Let's get G filled and it will feel and look amazing no matter what. :thumbsup:

Callum7
03-03-2016, 05:24 PM

RC sales - 5,000

Someone on this thread told me that north upper (hospitality) is sold out

Onceinawhile
03-03-2016, 05:30 PM
Over 26,000 sold.

AL-Qaholik
03-03-2016, 05:31 PM
Someone on this thread told me that north upper (hospitality) is sold out

That might've been me. My confirmation said L3 but I've since found out it was supposed to be i3. Annoying.

Scottie
03-03-2016, 05:32 PM
Hibs are saying over 26,000 sold now so have they opened up anymore sections yet ?

SAUZEH
03-03-2016, 05:34 PM

I know my calcs are based on, north is (effectively) sold out (9100); we have less than one third of south (but sold out, est 5000), each slice of the east and west has about 900 - 950 seats (they are not all the same though and there are some funny little sections). In the east 11 sections (maybe 12) only have singles (some are sold out) and in the west 5 (ditto), (can't think why there would be dozens of singles, but give or take a few all round)..........

Might be completely wrong and assumed too much, it happens a lot....:greengrin

My_Wife_Camille
03-03-2016, 05:36 PM
Over 26,000 sold.
Absolutely excellent stuff! I imagine a few will be waiting until the weekend/payday to buy so should be a few more by the game. Hopefully a good result on Sunday will inspire some others to come along!

adhibs
03-03-2016, 05:47 PM
Good effort. Cant wait to be part of the 30k+ hibs crowd

Craig_in_Prague
03-03-2016, 05:50 PM
Superb.
GGTTH

Greencore
03-03-2016, 10:49 PM
Great effort! Keep the sales coming, let's make Hampden a sea of green and white 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

haagsehibby
04-03-2016, 07:58 AM
Getting the thread back on track thats good news if true and initial allocation could be sold out before Sundays game if the ticket office is open tomorrow
I have got my four from Celtic debenture holder and he says they are South Upper so does that mean up in that section where debenture holders sit
As if we aren't going to sell out competle dont want to be up there with hardly anyone else

I've got tickets for L2 South Upper for my grandson and me so there should be at least six of us :cb

Fife-Hibee
04-03-2016, 08:11 AM
I've got tickets for L2 South Upper for my grandson and me so there should be at least six of us :cb

When did south upper go on sale ? That's what we've been waiting for :)

haagsehibby
04-03-2016, 08:17 AM
When did south upper go on sale ? That's what we've been waiting for :)

A colleague has debentures so got them through him. He said that the debenture sales had finished now so perhaps they'll now go on general sale.

Ronniekirk
04-03-2016, 11:18 AM
A colleague has debentures so got them through him. He said that the debenture sales had finished now so perhaps they'll now go on general sale.

They may not as plenty other tickets still available Thats was my point it could be quiet up there i they don't go on general sale At an aberdeen semi was up there and lucky if a hundred fans in that section

G B Young
04-03-2016, 12:02 PM
A work colleague pointed out this thread to me so I thought I'd register and outline my own situation on cup final day.

I'm another Hibs fan who will be missing the game at Hampden due to the fact I'll be at Murrayfield for the Scotland v France game. This is something that was arranged long before Hibs reached the final.

I have been going to as many Hibs games as I can get to ever since I ran about the school playground pretending to be Jimmy O'Rourke ('everyone knows his name...' for those old enough to remember the song which was sung to the tune of Rupert the Bear!). However, I have also attended the overwhelming majority of home internationals at Murrayfield since those days and continue to to so in the company of my now elderly father and two close family friends. Three of us are Hibs supporters and one a Hearts fan.

What I think would surprise a lot of fans on here is just how many Hibs (and Hearts) supporters attend both rugby and football games. But in a city like Edinburgh where fee paying, rugby playing schools are so prevalent, is it really such a surprise? As someone who attended such a school, I used to finish playing rugby on a Saturday morning and head for Easter Road, often with four or five of my team-mates, to pay homage to Turnbull's Tornadoes. Over the years I've met many Hibs fans with similar backgrounds, most of us jealous that most of Edinburgh's public schools now play football as well as rugby (in fact there have been several former pupils of these schools on Hibs books in recent seasons).

Yes, there was some soul searching once it was discovered the games were scheduled for the same time, but I don't think my dad is fit enough to travel through to Hampden these days so in the end the rugby held sway. I don't personally think that makes me a 'roaster' or a 'bellend'. I'll be at the Inverness game on Sunday. How many fans going to the cup final can say that? I was also at Dumbarton last week and anyone else who was there may have been unfortunate enough, like me, to be seated near a group of what I would call genuine 'bellends' among the Hibs support. I've certainly come across a far greater number of these types in football than I ever have at rugby games, though more often at Scotland football games than at Hibs matches. In fact, I stopped travelling to watch Scotland a good number of years back as the Tartan Army had become so polluted with tireseome individuals who think simply sticking on a kilt makes them a credit to their country.

What I'm trying to say is each Hibs fan has their own story to tell and mine is perhaps not as unique as many here might imagine. Here's hoping I'll be helping to line the streets as the Hibees bring the cup home!

Real Emerald
04-03-2016, 12:12 PM
A work colleague pointed out this thread to me so I thought I'd register and outline my own situation on cup final day.

I'm another Hibs fan who will be missing the game at Hampden due to the fact I'll be at Murrayfield for the Scotland v France game. This is something that was arranged long before Hibs reached the final.

I have been going to as many Hibs games as I can get to ever since I ran about the school playground pretending to be Jimmy O'Rourke ('everyone knows his name...' for those old enough to remember the song which was sung to the tune of Rupert the Bear!). However, I have also attended the overwhelming majority of home internationals at Murrayfield since those days and continue to to so in the company of my now elderly father and two close family friends. Three of us are Hibs supporters and one a Hearts fan.

What I think would surprise a lot of fans on here is just how many Hibs (and Hearts) supporters attend both rugby and football games. But in a city like Edinburgh where fee paying, rugby playing schools are so prevalent, is it really such a surprise? As someone who attended such a school, I used to finish playing rugby on a Saturday morning and head for Easter Road, often with four or five of my team-mates, to pay homage to Turnbull's Tornadoes. Over the years I've met many Hibs fans with similar backgrounds, most of us jealous that most of Edinburgh's public schools now play football as well as rugby (in fact there have been several former pupils of these schools on Hibs books in recent seasons).

Yes, there was some soul searching once it was discovered the games were scheduled for the same time, but I don't think my dad is fit enough to travel through to Hampden these days so in the end the rugby held sway. I don't personally think that makes me a 'roaster' or a 'bellend'. I'll be at the Inverness game on Sunday. How many fans going to the cup final can say that? I was also at Dumbarton last week and anyone else who was there may have been unfortunate enough, like me, to be seated near a group of what I would call genuine 'bellends' among the Hibs support. I've certainly come across a far greater number of these types in football than I ever have at rugby games, though more often at Scotland football games than at Hibs matches. In fact, I stopped travelling to watch Scotland a good number of years back as the Tartan Army had become so polluted with tireseome individuals who think simply sticking on a kilt makes them a credit to their country.

What I'm trying to say is each Hibs fan has their own story to tell and mine is perhaps not as unique as many here might imagine. Here's hoping I'll be helping to line the streets as the Hibees bring the cup home!

:top marks

Well said mate. That's the whole point of what I was trying to get over that the Scotland rugby and the cup final being on the same day would impact on the Hampden crowd. There has to be people in a situation they can't get out of, like yourself.

You have a great day with your dad, one day you will be pleased you were able to share that sports event with him and realise it was the right decision. Precious moments. :aok:

Spike Mandela
04-03-2016, 12:13 PM

Scotland will play France at Murrayfield in two years time. Hibs might never be in another final in your lifetime or your father's lifetime.

Just saying.:cb

Albanian Hibs
04-03-2016, 01:09 PM

I just don't get this. My dad would tell me to go to Hampden even if he couldn't make it. How could any Hibs fan not want to go to Hampden next week? Sitting at Murrayfield or watching Hibs win a cup...it's a no brainer.

Denverhibby
04-03-2016, 01:34 PM
I just don't get this. My dad would tell me to go to Hampden even if he couldn't make it. How could any Hibs fan not want to go to Hampden next week? Sitting at Murrayfield or watching Hibs win a cup...it's a no brainer.

Am with you, if my dad and grand dad were still alive they would disown me if I went to Murrufield over a hibs cup final. I must admit it tho, When I went to Leith Academy I did play rugby for the school many , many , many years ago.
Hampden bound Hibby

Onion
04-03-2016, 01:37 PM

Each to their own, but if I was at meaningless Scotland rugby match while Hibs were battling it out at Hampden in front of 30,000 fellow Hibs fans, it would drive me absolutely CRAZY. I'd feel terrible and a bit of a traitor. Cup Finals are rare and my personal support could be the difference between winning and losing. And I could probably sell my rugby ticket no problem, with a few quid for beer. No brainer, as you say. But that's just me :rolleyes:

southsider
04-03-2016, 01:39 PM
My faither would disown me. As for Sunday my mother has raised 3 Hibs supporting sons and she knows, that along with her grandchildren we will all be at the game. She would expect no less !

Craig_HFC
04-03-2016, 01:41 PM
My faither would disown me. As for Sunday my mother has raised 3 Hibs supporting sons and she knows, that along with her grandchildren we will all be at the game. She would expect no less !

That's very true.

My mum will be at the game on Sunday as her Mother's Day present is a ticket for the game.

:greengrin

Pete
04-03-2016, 01:42 PM
Is there actually anything riding on the rugby? To the untrained eye it just looks like a dead rubber against France.

JeMeSouviens
04-03-2016, 01:44 PM

Pity they couldn't just keep selling G rather than also selling into B4-B3. Be better with that gap filled in.

BoomtownHibees
04-03-2016, 01:50 PM
A rugby match that means f all or Hibs in a cup final??

Can't believe folk even need to think about it

Onion
04-03-2016, 01:52 PM
Is there actually anything riding on the rugby? To the untrained eye it just looks like a dead rubber against France.

As dead as it can get, no chance of winning the Champ, Triple Crown, Grand Slam or even the wooden spoon. It's a snoozefest and not in the same league as Hibs at Hampden. Any Hibs fan actually choosing to be at the Rugby rather than Hampden is either a :loser: , a :worried: or just plain :crazy:

Onion
04-03-2016, 01:57 PM
Pity they couldn't just keep selling G rather than also selling into B4-B3. Be better with that gap filled in.

:agree: Going to look daft in the ground and all for the sake of TV viewers and sponsors.

Jamesie
04-03-2016, 01:57 PM

Got debentures through a friend and they came through this morning and we're pretty close to that. Need to find something other than jeans to wear though by the looks of it!! :greengrin

Geo_1875
04-03-2016, 02:18 PM

He did say that there was a Hearts fan in his group :hmmm:

jgl07
04-03-2016, 02:19 PM
Scotland will play France at Murrayfield in two years time. Hibs might never be in another final in your lifetime or your father's lifetime.

Just saying.:cb
Aye Hibs have only been in three finals in the last four years.

Kojock
04-03-2016, 02:53 PM

Scotland play France every year though.

shamo9
04-03-2016, 03:04 PM

We were only in, I think, 3 finals between 1979 and 2001, and they were all League Cup. We won one. There's no guarantee. We could be waiting 10 years for another final.

southfieldhibby
04-03-2016, 03:10 PM

Good man. I hope you and your auld fella enjoy the rugby then get down to Leith for a party. Do what makes you happy.Spend time with your da.

Fife-Hibee
04-03-2016, 03:16 PM

Cheers mate :)

Golden Bear
04-03-2016, 03:40 PM

A concise, pertinent and excellent response to some of the previous nonsensical posts on this thread and you managed it without a trace of insulting rhetoric.

:thumbsup:

Glory Lurker
04-03-2016, 03:50 PM
It takes Diff'rent Strokes to move the world.

Keith_M
04-03-2016, 03:53 PM
I's total nonsense to be telling other people what they should and shouldn't do. If people choose Murrayfield over Hampden, that's their choice.

It means they're not much of a Hibs Supporter but it's their choice

:duck:

:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
04-03-2016, 03:58 PM
My dad would disown me if he knew i was going on holiday instead of going to Hampden to watch Hibs in a final.

I'm ok though because he's dead.

Spike Mandela
04-03-2016, 04:16 PM
Didn't realise the rugby was exactly the same KO time as the LC final.

Is it beyond the wit and wisdom of the sporting authorities in this country and broadcasters to avoid such a clash?

Callum7
04-03-2016, 04:58 PM
B2 now on sale

Golden Bear
04-03-2016, 05:04 PM
B2 now on sale

Well done Callum, you're doing sterling work in keeping us all informed on the ticket sales position.

Real Emerald
04-03-2016, 05:10 PM
B2 now on sale
Yep, I believe the BBC is covering rugby and football as well as Sky covering the football or so I'm told. Apart from a sporting clash you have sponsors and advertisers paying out money thinking they were the only show on that day now fighting for viewers and BBC battling it out with themselves. Crazy... Sorry attached to wrong quote, I'll blame my phone.

NAE NOOKIE
04-03-2016, 05:11 PM

:agree:

Pete
04-03-2016, 05:13 PM
Well done Callum, you're doing sterling work in keeping us all informed on the ticket sales position.

:agree:

I wonder how far round Ross County have got round section A.

It's a shame that it's a Sunday as they probably would have shifted a lot more.

biffo1875
04-03-2016, 05:16 PM
B2 now on sale

section b3 is all so on sale .was down buying 2 tickets for friends and the bulk of that section was sold .ggtth

Keith_M
04-03-2016, 05:22 PM
I think it would be good if they stopped releasing new sections in the West Stand until the East is sold out (or at least until there's only single tickets left). That way there won't be a gap between the Fans in the East and South Stands.

Hopefully, though, it won't actually matter and we sell out the whole East Stand anyway

Callum7
04-03-2016, 05:23 PM

Thankyou, will continue right through :aok:

NAE NOOKIE
04-03-2016, 05:27 PM
B2 now on sale

That's brilliant .... but it seems daft for the SPFL not to finish selling G first :dunno: ..... I suppose from a TV point of view filling our section of B is more important.

With a full week to go its looking possible that we could actually manage to fill this all the way round to and including B1 ...... with half our support going to the rugby that's some achievement :greengrin

Spike Mandela
04-03-2016, 05:34 PM
That's brilliant .... but it seems daft for the SPFL not to finish selling G first :dunno: ..... I suppose from a TV point of view filling our section of B is more important.

With a full week to go its looking possible that we could actually manage to fill this all the way round to and including B1 ...... with half our support going to the rugby that's some achievement :greengrin

Ach the ones missing it for the rugby would have been in the South stand Upper hospitality anyway........:wink:.....:stirrer:

lord bunberry
04-03-2016, 05:34 PM

:slipper: :greengrin

hibs0666
04-03-2016, 05:38 PM

They'll be opening sections based on where the demand is greatest.

Eaststand
04-03-2016, 06:10 PM

An excellent post GBY :top marks

I hope you and your Dad have a great day together at the rugby, and you can celebrate both results next Sunday too

GGTTH

Stuarty27
04-03-2016, 06:14 PM
The day I choose Rugby over Hibs in a cup final please shoot me!

No game in the world of sport would I pick over a chance to say Hibs lift a cup even if I had paid for tickets never mind a meaningless six nations match that are played every year.

Real Emerald
04-03-2016, 06:19 PM

No game in the world of sport would I pick over a chance to say Hibs lift a cup even if I had paid for tickets never mind a meaningless six nations match that are played every year.

Maybe if your dad was failing and you wanted to be with him at something he loves and there may not be too many more chances to do it, you might think different. Just a thought.

Blaster
04-03-2016, 06:19 PM

Why can't people just accept that other people's preferences / circumstances are different than their own?

Pretty Boy
04-03-2016, 06:21 PM
Just bought another couple today for my sister and her friend.

Few in my work still to buy as well. Reckon we'll see a steady stream for the rest of the week and smash the 30K barrier and then some.

Real Emerald
04-03-2016, 06:25 PM
Just bought another couple today for my sister and her friend.

Few in my work still to buy as well. Reckon we'll see a steady stream for the rest of the week and smash the 30K barrier and then some.

Brilliant, hope we can take at least 30k. I also hope that the hype and atmosphere builds after the ICT game and it will energise folk who still don't have a ticket. Starting to get really excited about it now. :thumbsup:

matty_f
04-03-2016, 06:38 PM
Each to their own and all that, not my place to criticise anyone for going or not going to a game of football. It would take some significant event for me to even consider missing Hibs in a cup final, personally.

I've seen us win a cup twice, both days were magnificent and I'll take the memories of those matches to the grave with me. If I get the opportunity to add a few more of those memories between now and the day I croak then I'll not be passing them up lightly.

monktonharp
04-03-2016, 06:39 PM
was at the TO at 1:30pm today and there was a steady stream, although some may have been in for Sunday, and some for the final

rotherhamrob
04-03-2016, 06:41 PM
I've never been to hampden, got tickets for g 4,row r, does anyone know what the view is like.
I can't wait to experience the occasion, all we need now is the team to do the business and I for one have faith.

Billy Whizz
04-03-2016, 06:43 PM
I've never been to hampden, got tickets for g 4,row r, does anyone know what the view is like.
I can't wait to experience the occasion, all we need now is the team to do the business and I for one have faith.

Should be ok, if you go onto the Hampden website on a PC, you can click on your block and get a rough idea of the view

Real Emerald
04-03-2016, 06:46 PM

It looks better on TV and maybe it will be easier to tempt people into the better G sections at the tail end of sales. If I still had a ticket to get I would be annoyed that I couldn't buy one for the corner G section and was forced to get one at the very worst point of the stadium (in my veiw). Having said that I was at the very back of the East for the Kilmarnock final and it didn't spoil my day one bit.

trev the hat
04-03-2016, 07:29 PM
My dad would disown me if he knew i was going on holiday instead of going to Hampden to watch Hibs in a final.

I'm ok though because he's dead.

G, 2007 I was in New York for Paddys Day as a birthday treat. Walking round Woodbury Common was the most surreal experience I've ever had, whilst phone updates fired in.
For the record it won't happen again date wise !! I was gutted !! Highly not recommended

blackpoolhibs
04-03-2016, 07:31 PM
G, 2007 I was in New York for Paddys Day as a birthday treat. Walking round Woodbury Common was the most surreal experience I've ever had, whilst phone updates fired in.
For the record it won't happen again date wise !! I was gutted !! Highly not recommended

Now that was a day to miss, hopefully you will witness scenes even better this time matey. :thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
04-03-2016, 07:32 PM

You'll be fine despite what some folk say about the views. All the seats face the pitch and your seats will be about eighteen rows from the bottom so pretty acceptable view in my opinion. I've been in all the stands at various levels and I've not once had a problem with seeing the action on the pitch whether it was in the east, west, south or north stand. Even in 1973 high up in the vast terraces of Hampden when we beat Czechoslovakia 2-1 to qualify for the 1974 World Cup my view was alright.

You'll be able to go out the back of the east stand at anytime during the match for a smoke or to grab yourself a burger and chips etc from the few catering vans that are outside. Never long queues either.

Enjoy. :aok:

iwasthere1972
04-03-2016, 07:43 PM

St Paddy's Day was the day before the final.

rotherhamrob
04-03-2016, 07:46 PM
You'll be fine despite what some folk say about the views. All the seats face the pitch and your seats will be about eighteen rows from the bottom so pretty acceptable view in my opinion. I've been in all the stands at various levels and I've not once had a problem with seeing the action on the pitch whether it was in the east, west, south or north stand. Even in 1973 high up in the vast terraces of Hampden when we beat Czechoslovakia 2-1 to qualify for the 1974 World Cup my view was alright.

You'll be able to go out the back of the east stand at anytime during the match for a smoke or to grab yourself a burger and chips etc from the few catering vans that are outside. Never long queues either.

Enjoy. :aok:

Cheers for that, I had a look on the website and it looks ok to me.
Now to look out my lucky scarf, top, socks. The place is going to be bouncing.

NadeAteMyLunch!
04-03-2016, 07:59 PM
Collected my tickets this afternoon. Was really busy, queued for 10 mins or so. A couple of guys were collecting and a few picking up for ICT game but almost everyone in the queue was buying cup final tickets, must have been 40+ sold in the time I was there.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
Collected my tickets this afternoon. Was really busy, queued for 10 mins or so. A couple of guys were collecting and a few picking up for ICT game but almost everyone in the queue was buying cup final tickets, must have been 40+ sold in the time I was there.

Good to hear!

trev the hat
St Paddy's Day was the day before the final.

Yes I know as was my birthday 15th 😉

trev the hat
04-03-2016, 08:10 PM
Now that was a day to miss, hopefully you will witness scenes even better this time matey. :thumbsup:

I was lucky enough to get in in 1991, after getting in for free in the main stand (after being told I was wasting my time as the gates closed from mates unwilling to run round to the main stand.)
To this day the view of the North terracing from the now G6-7 ? Was the best I've ever experienced & apart from humping the zombies 1-0 in the semi I certainly won't experience again.
Ps if any won cup doesn't go down Leith Walk & up ER is blasphemy IMO

iwasthere1972
04-03-2016, 08:15 PM
Yes I know as was my birthday 15th 

Yes I know as was my birthday 15th 

I heard you the first time. :wink:

trev the hat
04-03-2016, 08:19 PM
I heard you the first time. :wink:

😂 I knowson !!

NAE NOOKIE
04-03-2016, 10:24 PM
Why can't people just accept that other people's preferences / circumstances are different than their own?

Simple ........... This isn't the Edinburgh University debating society or the Oxford union ..... at best if you want reasoned and balanced debate take it to the Holy ground.

This is a site for people who are supposed to be 'enthusiastic' about Hibernian football club and this is the main forum on that site for talking about the club and the team ........ If you want love and understanding from folk about the fact that you cant go to Hampden because you are going to Murrayfield instead then as far as I'm concerned this shouldn't be the place to be looking for it.

In my opinion if you are a real Hibs fan ( there I said it ) fking wild horses wouldn't be able to keep you away from Hampden on the 13th of March, especially not to watch another sport.

If you don't want folk to voice a negative opinion about the fact that you simply must bump the Hibees to watch rugby instead a week on Sunday why the hell come on here looking for affirmation of your decision?

I know ...... how dare I.

Craig_in_Prague
04-03-2016, 10:34 PM
Simple ........... This isn't the Edinburgh University debating society or the Oxford union ..... at best if you want reasoned and balanced debate take it to the Holy ground.

This is a site for people who are supposed to be 'enthusiastic' about Hibernian football club and this is the main forum on that site for talking about the club and the team ........ If you want love and understanding from folk about the fact that you cant go to Hampden because you are going to Murrayfield instead then as far as I'm concerned this shouldn't be the place to be looking for it.

In my opinion if you are a real Hibs fan ( there I said it ) fking wild horses wouldn't be able to keep you away from Hampden on the 13th of March, especially not to watch another sport.

If you don't want folk to voice a negative opinion about the fact that you simply must bump the Hibees to watch rugby instead a week on Sunday why the hell come on here looking for affirmation of your decision?

Well said and have to agree.

Personally, I've had to negotiate hard to travel back, costs and time (both family and work), but the simple fact of the matter, is I couldn't sit at home here and watch on TV or be anywhere else, I just have to be at Hampden.
To think I lived in Scotland and was sitting in another stadium at the same time watching a different sport, doesn't bare thinking about.
See u behind the goals,
GGTTH

NAE NOOKIE
04-03-2016, 10:52 PM
Well said and have to agree.

Personally, I've had to negotiate hard to travel back, costs and time (both family and work), but the simple fact of the matter, is I couldn't sit at home here and watch on TV or be anywhere else, I just have to be at Hampden.
To think I lived in Scotland and was sitting in another stadium at the same time watching a different sport, doesn't bare thinking about.
See u behind the goals,
GGTTH

Hope you have a great day mate :party:

Craig_in_Prague
04-03-2016, 11:02 PM
Hope you have a great day mate :party:

You too! Well, all 30k of us!

Real Emerald
04-03-2016, 11:03 PM

You're are 100% right about this site being for die hard Hibs fans BTW. Should it be a closed shop or are we trying to increase our brand? I've only ever been to one rugby match in my life, it was Scotland v Wales in the old Murrayfield around 1975 when there was 105,000 there and we left at half time. I can't stand the game myself but in a world where everyone is trying to get customers on board, get to know and love the brand, why the f do we in Scotland get it sooo wrong. Scotland, be it rugby, football, golf or whatever is a big deal to some people, so why put on a national football final on the same day as a home Scotland rugby international, it has really pissed me off?

Some people like me are Hibs every week, others go sometimes and some only very occasionally. In order to increase our crowds week in week out we need to get these occasional people back. I.E. not rip the pish out of them for making a different decision than you or I would make.

The die hards will always be there, lets try and give a bit of leeway and support to others who may decide to return or become first time ST holders. If we don't you can look forward to 8k crowds form now on.

Gogs07
04-03-2016, 11:04 PM
Grow some baws and get tickets fur the final.

They don't come around often, so where would you rather be?

NAE NOOKIE
04-03-2016, 11:22 PM
You're are 100% right about this site being for die hard Hibs fans BTW. Should it be a closed shop or are we trying to increase our brand? I've only ever been to one rugby match in my life, it was Scotland v Wales in the old Murrayfield around 1975 when there was 105,000 there and we left at half time. I can't stand the game myself but in a world where everyone is trying to get customers on board, get to know and love the brand, why the f do we in Scotland get it sooo wrong. Scotland, be it rugby, football, golf or whatever is a big deal to some people, so why put on a national football final on the same day as a home Scotland rugby international, it has really pissed me off?

Some people like me are Hibs every week, others go sometimes and some only very occasionally. In order to increase our crowds week in week out we need to get these occasional people back. I.E. not rip the pish out of them for making a different decision than you or I would make.

The die hards will always be there, lets try and give a bit of leeway and support to others who may decide to return or become first time ST holders. If we don't you can look forward to 8k crowds form now on.

I agree with you to a point mate ....... if you check my previous posts you will see that I'm far from being down on folk who are casual fans, even those who only turn out for big games. I'm not down on those regulars who give the odd bog standard league game a miss to go to big sporting treats like Barcelona, the Grand National, the rugby etc .......... but if you cant bump the rugby to make it to a cup final then I for one wouldn't be worrying much about you extending my waiting time in the queue for season tickets.

Real Emerald
04-03-2016, 11:36 PM
I agree with you to a point mate ....... if you check my previous posts you will see that I'm far from being down on folk who are casual fans, even those who only turn out for big games. I'm not down on those regulars who give the odd bog standard league game a miss to go to big sporting treats like Barcelona, the Grand National, the rugby etc .......... but if you cant bump the rugby to make it to a cup final then I for one wouldn't be worrying much about you extending my waiting time in the queue for season tickets.

Thanks for that. My point is not really about the choices people make, it's more about the two major sporting events being held on the same day. There are (probably) many people who are committed to the rugby (because that's their main game or whatever) who will choose rugby first. They may have, if there was no rugby on gone to Hampden or even wathed Hibs on TV in the final. It's a no brainer to me, you, my family etc. etc. that we will choose Hampden. It's just a shame the opportunity to take some non die hards along is compromised by a pish non entity rugby match that 66,000 in Edinburgh will be going to, can you tell I'm pissed off about it? :grr:

Edit: Although I'm annoyed about the arrangements and it's probably due to the weegies not even thinking an Edinburgh team could be in the final, I'm officailly letting my irk go. It will be a weight off my shoulders and blood pressure. Let the build up begin.:thumbsup:

NAE NOOKIE
04-03-2016, 11:57 PM
Thanks for that. My point is not really about the choices people make, it's more about the two major sporting events being held on the same day. There are (probably) many people who are committed to the rugby (because that's their main game or whatever) who will choose rugby first. They may have, if there was no rugby on gone to Hampden or even wathed Hibs on TV in the final. It's a no brainer to me, you, my family etc. etc. that we will choose Hampden. It's just a shame the opportunity to take some non die hards along is compromised by a pish non entity rugby match that 66,000 in Edinburgh will be going to, can you tell I'm pissed off about it? :grr:

Totally agree ... there is no cohesion, no joined up thinking, no cooperation. There are many fans of both codes who enjoy watching the other, if Hibs weren't playing on the 13th I would be watching the Scotland game and I'm sure a lot of the bufters would happily watch the league cup final if Scotland weren't playing.

G B Young
05-03-2016, 08:35 AM
:top marks

Well said mate. That's the whole point of what I was trying to get over that the Scotland rugby and the cup final being on the same day would impact on the Hampden crowd. There has to be people in a situation they can't get out of, like yourself.

You have a great day with your dad, one day you will be pleased you were able to share that sports event with him and realise it was the right decision. Precious moments. :aok:

Yes, that's a good point. As I said, I go to a lot of Hibs games but there will be a significant number of Edinburgh folk at the rugby who, if asked what football team they support, would say Hibs even though they hardly ever go to a game. These are the types who would probably make the effort to go to a cup final if it didn't take place at exactly the same time as another major sporting event on their back doorstep. OK, these people are what you might call 'part timers' but their absence from Hampden will have some impact on the size of the support we take to Hampden. I'm not talking huge numbers but I'd estimate around a thousand.

Since1875Hibs
05-03-2016, 08:41 AM
Yes, that's a good point. As I said, I go to a lot of Hibs games but there will be a significant number of Edinburgh folk at the rugby who, if asked what football team they support, would say Hibs even though they hardly ever go to a game. These are the types who would probably make the effort to go to a cup final if it didn't take place at exactly the same time as another major sporting event on their back doorstep. OK, these people are what you might call 'part timers' but their absence from Hampden will have some impact on the size of the support we take to Hampden. I'm not talking huge numbers but I'd estimate around a thousand.

A cup final with the chance of silverware vs a run of the mill, annual match.

More fool you if you choose the latter.

southsider
05-03-2016, 08:47 AM
Rugby is murder. Even the commentators don't know what half the penalties are given for. Wouldn't open the curtains if the played it in my back-green. Hampden here we come.

bigwheel
05-03-2016, 08:58 AM
Rugby is murder. Even the commentators don't know what half the penalties are given for. Wouldn't open the curtains if the played it in my back-green. Hampden here we come.

ah, don't you just love the open mindedness of a football forum! :greengrin

JimBHibees
05-03-2016, 09:04 AM
Totally agree ... there is no cohesion, no joined up thinking, no cooperation. There are many fans of both codes who enjoy watching the other, if Hibs weren't playing on the 13th I would be watching the Scotland game and I'm sure a lot of the bufters would happily watch the league cup final if Scotland weren't playing.

Agree totally like the rugby and have been to a couple of games however the League cup final will always come first. Really odd the scheduling to have the final and 6 nations on the same time.

JimBHibees
05-03-2016, 09:05 AM
Grow some baws and get tickets fur the final.

They don't come around often, so where would you rather be?

Your a charmer

IanM
05-03-2016, 09:24 AM
Just back from the ticket office to pick up the final tickets and it was busy already! I mean no massive queue but constant comers and goers.

It's been said before but kudos to the ticket office staff. Quick, responsive, polite and doing a grand job

lucky
05-03-2016, 09:50 AM
Just back from the ticket office to pick up the final tickets and it was busy already! I mean no massive queue but constant comers and goers.

It's been said before but kudos to the ticket office staff. Quick, responsive, polite and doing a grand job

Must be a very difficult job when big matches are on but an easy one when the clubs not doing well

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-03-2016, 10:02 AM
You're are 100% right about this site being for die hard Hibs fans BTW. Should it be a closed shop or are we trying to increase our brand? I've only ever been to one rugby match in my life, it was Scotland v Wales in the old Murrayfield around 1975 when there was 105,000 there and we left at half time. I can't stand the game myself but in a world where everyone is trying to get customers on board, get to know and love the brand, why the f do we in Scotland get it sooo wrong. Scotland, be it rugby, football, golf or whatever is a big deal to some people, so why put on a national football final on the same day as a home Scotland rugby international, it has really pissed me off.

Why put on a Scottish Rugby international on the same day as a national football final? They could have played it on the Sat and had one of the other two rugby matches on the Sunday.

Hermit Crab
05-03-2016, 10:17 AM
A cup final with the chance of silverware vs a run of the mill, annual match.

More fool you if you choose the latter.

I wonder if he would be of the same opinion if it was the Scottish cup final being played on the same day as a Scottish international rugby match...

Ronniekirk
05-03-2016, 10:18 AM
ah, don't you just love the open mindedness of a football forum! :greengrin

You obviously haven't met south sider He would be crushed in a scrum

marinello59
05-03-2016, 10:20 AM
Why put on a Scottish Rugby international on the same day as a national football final? They could have played it on the Sat and had one of the other two rugby matches on the Sunday.

Maybe we should have moved our cup final to the Saturday to accommodate the Rugby?
Football and Rugby are competing sports. I don't care if the Rugby is being played at the same time just as I don't care whether horse racing, golf, ice hockey, the cinema and all you can eat buffets are going on at the same time. There's always something else up against Fitba, why single this out.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-03-2016, 10:22 AM
I never singled it out, the person I quoted seems to be blaming the football authorities so I'm blaming the rugby authorities instead.

marinello59
05-03-2016, 10:27 AM
I never singled it out, the person I quoted seems to be blaming the football authorities so I'm blaming the rugby authorities instead.

Ah, got you. I should slow down a bit when I am reading stuff on here. Sorry. :greengrin

lucky
05-03-2016, 11:00 AM
Everyone liked the same sport or same football team life would be dull. Those going to the rugby enjoy it but for me Hibs in a final does not happen to often. So not much was going to stop me going. But I accept we've all got different priorities and likes.

Scottie
05-03-2016, 11:06 AM
:hijack: Football v Rugby :grr:

Who gives a **** ? Whens the South Upper going on sale ?

Ronniekirk
05-03-2016, 11:14 AM

It's not the tv cameras don't capture that high up so the S F A aren't interested in selling them when so many other tickets still available

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
05-03-2016, 11:18 AM

:agree: Stuff the rugger. Move on.

lucky
05-03-2016, 11:40 AM
It's not the tv cameras don't capture that high up so the S F A aren't interested in selling them when so many other tickets still available

Which is the right thing to do. Without the Old Firm or two city clubs playing Scottish football struggles to sell out Hampden. The SPFL are trying to project our game so empty spaces at a cup final don't help the cause

HibbySpurs
05-03-2016, 12:05 PM

This regarding the ticket office staff👍

et_hibby
05-03-2016, 12:23 PM
Agree, possibly more than that. One of my kids was pre-booked to go to murrayfield so is having to miss Hampden.:hibees

et_hibby
05-03-2016, 12:24 PM
This regarding the ticket office staff

They're great:not worth

Keith_M
05-03-2016, 12:52 PM
Which is the right thing to do. Without the Old Firm or two city clubs playing Scottish football struggles to sell out Hampden. The SPFL are trying to project our game so empty spaces at a cup final don't help the cause

I kind of agree but remember that Aberdeen only recently took 40k plus to a cup Final and Killie v Falkirk had 45k for a Final at Ibrox, so it's not just four clubs.

In saying that, it's not actually the reason why the South Stand Upper isn't on sale yet. It's because they want to give Debenture Holders as much time as possible to decide if they want to buy tickets. I dunno why, as they're mostly Rangers and Celtc Fans, so wouldn't be interested in going anyway.

Ronniekirk
05-03-2016, 12:57 PM
I kind of agree but remember that Aberdeen only recently took 40k plus to a cup Final and Killie v Falkirk had 45k for a Final at Ibrox, so it's not just four clubs.

In saying that, it's not actually the reason why the South Stand Upper isn't on sale yet. It's because they want to give Debenture Holders as much time as possible to decide if they want to buy tickets. I dunno why, as they're mostly Rangers and Celtc Fans, so wouldn't be interested in going anyway.

Debenture holders have had their opportunity that's why I have four Tickets in the south upper from a generous Celtic Fan So the fact they aren't selling them ,I must be the reason given in Lucky s post and the fact it's not going to be a sell out

Ronniekirk
05-03-2016, 12:58 PM
[QUOTE=Ronniekirk;4607466]

Callum7
05-03-2016, 01:37 PM
Have J1 and J2 been on sale yet? Have heard reports that they have.
thanks

Spike Mandela
05-03-2016, 01:42 PM
Have J1 and J2 been on sale yet? Have heard reports that they have.
thanks

Callum you're becoming obsessed matey, it's unhealthy.:wink::greengrin

I'm_cabbaged
05-03-2016, 01:43 PM
J1&2 is hospitality. I've bought hospitality and been given debentures in I6!!

Callum7
05-03-2016, 01:57 PM
Callum you're becoming obsessed matey, it's unhealthy.:wink::greengrin

You've just figured that out now? :clapper:

ChooseLife
05-03-2016, 02:16 PM
You can't get 2 seats together in East G5 now, hopefully they'll open up G6 + 7 soon, West B2 is on sale now too.

Callum7
05-03-2016, 02:21 PM
You can't get 2 seats together in East G5 now, hopefully they'll open up G6 + 7 soon, West B2 is on sale now too.

Yes you can. You can get 2 together in B2, B3 and G5

inglisavhibs
05-03-2016, 06:11 PM

Like you I started watching Hibs a long time ago (1963) and like you played rugby at school (PL) but despite the long story you are still choosing what is now a friendly rugby match over a Hibs cup final. I have no problem with that as everyone is free to attend any match they wish.Can't imagine how you will feel listening to the scores coming through from Hampden. Much better being there and suffering with the rest of us!

Ronniekirk
05-03-2016, 10:03 PM
Where's Callum with an update ,surely by tomorrow night we will have sold nearly 28 ,000

iwasthere1972
05-03-2016, 10:16 PM
Where's Callum with an update ,surely by tomorrow night we will have sold nearly 28 ,000

Hoping it will be 30K if we get a win tomorrow.

Callum7
05-03-2016, 10:21 PM

here you go, will do one every night around 8 from now. Unless there's no update then I'll say so.http://i68.tinypic.com/25jdr7o.jpg

Ronniekirk
05-03-2016, 10:27 PM
here you go, will do one every night around 8 from now. Unless there's no update then I'll say so.http://i68.tinypic.com/25jdr7o.jpg

Cheers Callum looks like more in the east have shifted

Onceinawhile
06-03-2016, 12:40 AM
Cmon to **** let's get g6, g7 and g8 sold!!!

Hiiiibees

Keith_M
06-03-2016, 07:03 AM
here you go, will do one every night around 8 from now. Unless there's no update then I'll say so.

(image omitted)

Going by that last image, it looks like there'll be even less County Fans at the game than there were Livi fans in 2004.

Pete
06-03-2016, 07:18 AM
Cmon to **** let's get g6, g7 and g8 sold!!!

Hiiiibees

Looks like they're trying to shift B first so it looks better on the telly. I think we'll fill G and B if we win today.

Pete
06-03-2016, 07:19 AM
Going by that last image, it looks like there'll be even less County Fans at the game than there were Livi fans in 2004.

I think the Sunday kick off is putting a lot of them off as they come from all over the highlands and Islands.

Pretty Boy
06-03-2016, 07:22 AM

Great effort by Hibs fans.

I understand the reason why they haven't but I wish they had stuck a section or 2 of RC fans behind the west stand goal as that will be on TV more than the area they are occupying.

I wonder if it would be possible to contact Hampden and ask if any Hibs fans who had big flags and banners could put them in there to cover the seats?

Onion
06-03-2016, 07:32 AM

I understand the reason why they haven't but I wish they had stuck a section or 2 of RC fans behind the west stand goal as that will be on TV more than the area they are occupying.

I wonder if it would be possible to contact Hampden and ask if any Hibs fans who had big flags and banners could put them in there to cover the seats?

:agree: Going to look like there are NO county fans at the final.

Great idea about the Hibs flags & Banners. Let's own Hampden.

Green Man
06-03-2016, 07:51 AM
I hadn't realised just how little of the west stand County had. That's a big empty bit behind the goal.

Leith Green
06-03-2016, 08:40 AM

They have basically kept the ross county fans together, but not done the same for us , id be pissed off if i bought tickets for the south and the support doesnt come right the way round

scoopyboy
06-03-2016, 08:48 AM
They have basically kept the ross county fans together, but not done the same for us , id be pissed off if i bought tickets for the south and the support doesnt come right the way round

I've bought tickets for the South and it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I will be facing a North stand full of Hibbies and most of the East plus some of the West.

That will do for me although I hope we both get our wish that it is solid Hibs all the way round.

DaveF
06-03-2016, 08:49 AM

Will have to make do with a close up view of us lifting the cup :-)

Leith Green
06-03-2016, 08:52 AM

I will be facing a North stand full of Hibbies and most of the East plus some of the West.

That will do for me although I hope we both get our wish that it is solid Hibs all the way round.

Fair doos.. I was more meaning if we hadnt sold as far round as we have.

Leith Green
06-03-2016, 08:53 AM
Will have to make do with a close up view of us lifting the cup :-)

Fingers crossed.. Now for today lets pray for scottish cup glory 😁

Leith Green
06-03-2016, 08:55 AM
Question...

Does anybody know if we do sell all the east and all of b , how many tickets is that?

Ronniekirk
06-03-2016, 09:03 AM

And there will be a few of us up above you in the South Upper trying to join in

GreenCastle
06-03-2016, 11:11 AM

Thanks for update and going to be an amazing effort if we can get the remaining G sections sold and fill out west b sections.

I really hoped County had brought more fans to add to the atmosphere. Killie cup final they sold out there allocation I remember.

I urge anyone to try and persuade any friends / family who haven't got tickets yet to buy up.

Doesn't look like south upper will go on sale - except to those who have debentures.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-03-2016, 11:43 AM
Of the guy wants to go to the Rugby instead, that's his choice and folk need to accept that. Personally, I hope he has a good day out and then can join us all for celebrations after hopefully winning the cup!

Callum7
06-03-2016, 11:54 AM
South I3 is back up for sale:confused: or is that L3?

no it's I3 and only 1 seat available

gone now

Keith_M
06-03-2016, 11:58 AM
I think the Sunday kick off is putting a lot of them off as they come from all over the highlands and Islands.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a fantastic achievement taking a support to a final that's larger than the population of the town.

They took a lot more to their only other final but I think the club's owner paid for all the tickets.

Danderhall Hibs
06-03-2016, 11:59 AM

The rugby fixtures are done a couple of seasons in advance - we didn't even definitely know the kick off was 3pm until a few weeks ago.

Same goes for the play off final if we can make that plus the SC Final...

adhibs
06-03-2016, 03:08 PM
Anounced today over 27k sold. Allocation been upped to 31k

Aldo
06-03-2016, 04:21 PM
Anounced today over 27k sold. Allocation been uped to 31k

Superb effort!

Callum7
06-03-2016, 04:28 PM
On e-ticketing website there is one available for D4

Green Fish
06-03-2016, 04:34 PM
Steady queue after the match today for final tickets, bought another 2 for mates who were regulars, section B 2

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
06-03-2016, 04:50 PM
There will be Hibs fans in South Upper as these are the debenture seats and I know a few people with these.

Callum7
06-03-2016, 04:54 PM
Posting early as I'm going out. There is still one seat left in D4 but to much bother changing its colour.http://i68.tinypic.com/2yv70g9.jpg

Callum7
06-03-2016, 05:29 PM
Posting early as I'm going out. There is still one seat left in D4 but to much bother changing its colour.http://i68.tinypic.com/2yv70g9.jpg F6 was sold out but it doesn't seem so now

RoxburghHibs
06-03-2016, 05:33 PM
Anounced today over 27k sold. Allocation been uped to 31k

Not doubting this but announced where exactly?

Lancs Harp
06-03-2016, 05:35 PM
"Only single seats left" could be open to interpretation (the orange areas) does that mean blocks with just literally a few single seats dotted here and there or blocks with single seats at regular intervals?

27,000 plus is a good effort. Hopefully we'll pass that 30k mark.

Pretty Boy
06-03-2016, 05:38 PM
Not doubting this but announced where exactly?

By the announcer at the game a few times. Twice at HT and after the game definitely.

Said we had sold over 27000 of our 31000 allocation.

GreenCastle
06-03-2016, 05:47 PM
"Only single seats left" could be open to interpretation (the orange areas) does that mean blocks with just literally a few single seats dotted here and there or blocks with single seats at regular intervals?

27,000 plus is a good effort. Hopefully we'll pass that 30k mark.

The good thing is that if at the game or watching on TV you won't be able to notice the single seats being empty.

Will look very full for the Hibs end and as I said before hopefully sell remaining G to join up the Hibs sections.

cabbageandribs1875
06-03-2016, 06:21 PM
regarding the final, has there been any talk of a minutes silence for the 20th anniversary of the Dunblane Massacre next sunday ?

Onion
06-03-2016, 06:24 PM
The good thing is that if at the game or watching on TV you won't be able to notice the single seats being empty.

Will look very full for the Hibs end and as I said before hopefully sell remaining G to join up the Hibs sections.

:agree: hope to spend more time on the stairway celebrating Hibs goals than sitting in my seat, as per LCF 2007, Falkirk 4-3 semi, Dons 2-1 semi etc. All completely bonkers.

Hermit Crab
06-03-2016, 08:57 PM
regarding the final, has there been any talk of a minutes silence for the 20th anniversary of the Dunblane Massacre next sunday ?

Nice idea but it will be hard to silence 40,000 fans, a lot of them with a drink in them and full of excitement

iwasthere1972
06-03-2016, 09:08 PM

Absolutely spot on. When I watch any Hearts home games on the old tellybox I can't tell the difference between an auld Yam tramp and one of there crap ****ty coloured seats. A good ploy by the Jambos.

Callum7
06-03-2016, 09:12 PM
When does everyone think we'll release the rest of G and B has to be soon only 2 areas where you can buy more than one seats together.

Ronniekirk
06-03-2016, 09:20 PM
When does everyone think we'll release the rest of G and B has to be soon only 2 areas where you can buy more than one seats together.

They have been fairly strict in opening up new areas until others have nearly sold out So if thier are still two areas where you can buy two seats together they won't open up another area .just now until they have single seats only available in those areas Unless with today's performance there is more demand tomorrow and this forces them to .
Can't remember it being so strict before

hibs#1
07-03-2016, 07:54 AM

I got 2 for section b2 this morning

Hibeesforever
07-03-2016, 08:11 AM

Only football where best seats in the South upper are not available. Football fans second class citizens again. It is not right that this is the case. Debentures should not be valid.

DarrenSQH
07-03-2016, 08:17 AM
Its down to about Row H in B3 so I wouldnt be surprised if they opened B1 or G6 at some point in the next day or so.

Glesgahibby
07-03-2016, 09:20 AM
Trying to phone ticket office on 01316611875,no answer.
does anyone know if this number has changes? Cheers.
cancel that,sorted!
2 tickets b2 row nn.

jgl07
07-03-2016, 09:32 AM
Only football where best seats in the South upper are not available. Football fans second class citizens again. It is not right that this is the case. Debentures should not be valid.
What have the Debenture holders got to do with this?

The tickets for the South Upper (and G6-8) are being held back by the SFA to make the stadium look fuller on TV.

Keith_M
07-03-2016, 09:37 AM
Its down to about Row H in B3 so I wouldnt be surprised if they opened B1 or G6 at some point in the next day or so.

It makes no logical sense not to just open up the remaining areas in sections B and G right away. If the excuse is that they want to put on the best appearance for TV, then that's already been covered by having sections C, D, and F sold out (excepting the occasional single seat) and section B almost sold out.

There's going to be a massive empty area in section A visible on TV anyway, so I don't see what difference it's going to make to that by selling the remaining sections in strict order.

This seems more like bureaucracy just for the sake of it.

EH54
07-03-2016, 09:39 AM

The tickets for the South Upper (and G6-8) are being held back by the SFA to make the stadium look fuller on TV.

which to be fair i think is the right move it wouldn't just look bad for TV but look bad for the two clubs in the final if there was more sections missing behind the goals and bigger gaps splitting fellow hibs supporters only difference i would have made to the way the tickets were sold is for G to be sold before opening up more sections in B

Hibeesforever
07-03-2016, 10:00 AM

Exactly my point. Fans last consideration. I didn't want to sit with a restricted view,although had to take what was available.

Hibeesforever
07-03-2016, 10:02 AM

Debentures shouldn't be valid for finals.

Hermit Crab
07-03-2016, 10:03 AM
Exactly my point. Fans last consideration. I didn't want to sit with a restricted view,although had to take what was available.

There are no restricted view tickets at hampden. Every seat has a clear view of the pitch... I think you should be grateful there are so many to go around.

Hermit Crab
07-03-2016, 10:03 AM

Thats the whole point in them. They pay decent money to go to, if they wish all games at hampden.

GreenCastle
07-03-2016, 10:33 AM

I don't know how many debentures Hampden has but selling these must make up a decent income for them.

You pay a fee then still need to pay for your actual ticket.

Anyway trying to get 2 together for a friend and only singles left in G5 - So surely G6, G7 and G8 are put on sale soon before B1

jgl07
07-03-2016, 10:41 AM
Anyway trying to get 2 together for a friend and only singles left in G5 - So surely G6, G7 and G8 are put on sale soon before B1
When I was collecting my ticket for the Inverness match on Saturday, there were two guys in the booking office asking about tickets for G7 or G8. They eventually settled for two in G5 but were told that if G7 or G8 were opened later they 'might' be able to exchange their tickets.

The problem is that many are obviously holding back for the South Upper or G6-8. Those are probably not going to be released until B2-3 and maybe B1 are substantially sold.

Who's nerve will crack first?

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-03-2016, 10:43 AM
The rugby fixtures are done a couple of seasons in advance - we didn't even definitely know the kick off was 3pm until a few weeks ago.

Same goes for the play off final if we can make that plus the SC Final...

I would imagine the cup final date was known a couple of years ago too, they could have arranged the Scotland game for the Sat instead of the Sun, job done.

mim
07-03-2016, 10:45 AM
I don't know how many debentures Hampden has but selling these must make up a decent income for them.

You pay a fee then still need to pay for your actual ticket.

I've sent you a private message :wink:

GreenCastle
07-03-2016, 11:12 AM
I've sent you a private message :wink:

Tried replying but inbox your inbox is full! Thanks

NAE NOOKIE
07-03-2016, 11:21 AM
When I was collecting my ticket for the Inverness match on Saturday, there were two guys in the booking office asking about tickets for G7 or G8. They eventually settled for two in G5 but were told that if G7 or G8 were opened later they 'might' be able to exchange their tickets.

The problem is that many are obviously holding back for the South Upper or G6-8. Those are probably not going to be released until B2-3 and maybe B1 are substantially sold.

Who's nerve will crack first?

The only section folk should be bothered about is B There :gwa:

Keith_M
07-03-2016, 11:21 AM
Due to a miscommunication, my group now has an extra two adult and two children's tickets in Section B7 (https://www.gotickets.com/cached/_images/maintainwidth/521x500/3289d6466a2cd8483042263f956c9f7d/hampden_park_glasgow-8465.jpg), row FF (somewhere in the back 2-3 rows).

If anybody would like to buy these tickets, then PM me and I'll get something arranged. No deliveries ;-)

Jamesie
07-03-2016, 11:33 AM
Can anyone remind me where cups are presented at Hampden - is it the South Lower or the South Upper?

mim
07-03-2016, 11:35 AM
Tried replying but inbox your inbox is full! Thanks

Should be ok now :agree:

Moulin Yarns
07-03-2016, 11:36 AM
Can anyone remind me where cups are presented at Hampden - is it the South Lower or the South Upper?

It's only 9 years since we last saw it, surely you haven't forgotten. The south middle!!:greengrin

Billy Whizz
07-03-2016, 12:04 PM

Lower, just above the tunnel

Cocaine&Caviar
07-03-2016, 12:20 PM
due to a miscommunication, my group now has an extra two adult and two children's tickets in section b7 (https://www.gotickets.com/cached/_images/maintainwidth/521x500/3289d6466a2cd8483042263f956c9f7d/hampden_park_glasgow-8465.jpg), row ff (somewhere in the back 2-3 rows).

If anybody would like to buy these tickets, then pm me and i'll get something arranged. No deliveries ;-)

pm sent pal

GlesgaeHibby
07-03-2016, 12:24 PM
28,000 tickets sold so far. Sure we can get that above 30k before sunday :thumbsup:

Keith_M
07-03-2016, 12:31 PM
pm sent pal

OK, I'll get in touch ASAP.

:aok:

Joe
07-03-2016, 02:29 PM
Does anyone have an updated map?

Onion
07-03-2016, 02:41 PM
28,000 tickets sold so far. Sure we can get that above 30k before sunday :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Why do Hibs not just publish on the club website at the end of each day how many tickets have been sold. Not a state secret or beyond the whit of man. Showing tickets selling out can often encourage others to buy.

iwasthere1972
07-03-2016, 02:48 PM

Callum7 should be along at 8pm to update. :aok:

Joe
07-03-2016, 02:49 PM
Callum7 should be along at 8pm to update. :aok:

Starting to get really excited about this!

Keith_M
07-03-2016, 02:49 PM
Anybody know how many the Yams took to the 2013 League Cup Final?

HibsNutter
07-03-2016, 02:50 PM
Would they open the South upper, even at pay on the gate if we were to sell our 31k before the weekend?

iwasthere1972
07-03-2016, 02:51 PM

The big bottlers took 26K

Pete
07-03-2016, 02:51 PM

They filled half of the South, the entire east and the entire North. They also had one or two sections of B and some in the south upper.

In other words about the same as what we'll probably take.

Keith_M
07-03-2016, 02:52 PM

Is that all? Honestly?

So Hibs had already sold more than them with over a week to go.

GreenCastle
07-03-2016, 02:58 PM

They had round to C1 and some of South Upper - but enough fans to turned up and showed they care even though they call it the wee cup :rolleyes: It's so wee they haven't won it since 1962 !!!

John McGinn also played for Saints that day :greengrin

Callum7 to update this evening. He can add Hibs fans in section L2 which is South Upper also.

iwasthere1972
07-03-2016, 02:59 PM
Is that all? Honestly?

So Hibs had already sold more than them with over a week to go.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/hearts-fans-remain-upbeat-despite-cup-final-loss-1-2842119

They even, just like 1986, cancelled the organised victory parade. This time St Mirren didn't lie down. They had McGinn, Super John McGinn.

monktonharp
07-03-2016, 03:20 PM
Debentures shouldn't be valid for finals.what would you make them valid for then?

EH54
07-03-2016, 03:42 PM
a wee single ticket looks like has opened up in north stand

Hermit Crab
07-03-2016, 03:45 PM
a wee single ticket looks like has opened up in north stand

Mental eh. Been sold out then one appears. Perhaps someone has returned it to the ticket office.

Hibby70
07-03-2016, 03:51 PM
Mental eh. Been sold out then one appears. Perhaps someone has returned it to the ticket office.

Someone fallen out with their other half perhaps!

Callum7
07-03-2016, 03:55 PM

Will be along a 8 as said, but not much has changed so far.:no way:

Blaster
07-03-2016, 04:02 PM
Someone fallen out with their other half perhaps!

Or been offered a ticket for the rugby 😃

Keith_M
07-03-2016, 04:08 PM
Or been offered a ticket for the rugby 

:offski:

Hibeesforever
07-03-2016, 04:11 PM
what would you make them valid for then?

Just Scotland games. They get interest too I presume, that's plenty.
As I say ridiculous having some of the best seats unavailable.

Callum7
07-03-2016, 04:30 PM
On ticket site 1 seat has popped up in C2 row PP Seat 89
gone now

Lucius Apuleius
07-03-2016, 04:37 PM
Just Scotland games. They get interest too I presume, that's plenty.
As I say ridiculous having some of the best seats unavailable.

I find this hilarious. That is why people buy debentures.

Hanny
07-03-2016, 04:43 PM
On ticket site 1 seat has popped up in C2 row PP Seat 89

I returned that ticket this afternoon. My mate can't make it.

Keith_M
07-03-2016, 04:48 PM
Just a short background on the Debenture Seats at Hampden.

These were introduced to help pay for the cost of rebuilding Hampden and helped raise a large proportion of that cost. The people who bought Debentures paid a very large sum of money, for first option on tickets for footballing events at Hampden. They then have to pay the full cost of the ticket over and above that cost.

Should they have first dibs on tickets for the Cup Final? Of course they should, that's (part of) what they paid a very large sum of money for.

Hibeesforever
07-03-2016, 05:11 PM
[QUOTE=Hibayernian;4610545]Just a short background on the Debenture Seats at Hampden.

These were introduced to help pay for the cost of rebuilding Hampden and helped raise a large proportion of that cost. The people who bought Debentures paid a very large sum of money, for first option on tickets for footballing events at Hampden. They then have to pay the full cost of the ticket over and above that cost.

Should they have first dibs on tickets for the Cup Final? Of course they should, that's (part of) what they paid a very large sum of money

Seems there is no interest yield and 5,100 were available. Prices 3,500 for Corporate to £650 and £450 for children Still think not opening the South Upper seating to Hibs and Ross County fans is ridiculous.
As it is there is a lottery of seating in the edge of the North. I know a winning seat is a good seat but not the point.

Hermit Crab
07-03-2016, 06:06 PM
[QUOTE=Hibayernian;4610545]Just a short background on the Debenture Seats at Hampden.

Should they have first dibs on tickets for the Cup Final? Of course they should, that's (part of) what they paid a very large sum of money

Seems there is no interest yield and 5,100 were available. Prices 3,500 for Corporate to £650 and £450 for children Still think not opening the South Upper seating to Hibs and Ross County fans is ridiculous.
As it is there is a lottery of seating in the edge of the North. I know a winning seat is a good seat but not the point.

There's no demand for it the now. Still sections unsold in the east and west. Why open up another area while there's still plenty elsewhere.

Callum7
07-03-2016, 06:08 PM
B1 now on sale :aok: why not G6 there are more sold out than B section:confused:

zlatan
07-03-2016, 06:11 PM
B1 now on sale :aok: why not G6 there more sold out than B section:confused:

There's going to be no reward for us patient folks waiting for good seats to open up again :(

Alfred E Newman
07-03-2016, 06:11 PM

That's right, but when you include the empty seats they actually had 35000 there.

ihibs7
07-03-2016, 06:15 PM
[QUOTE=Hibeesforever;4610558]

There's no demand for it the now. Still sections unsold in the east and west. Why open up another area while there's still plenty elsewhere.

I think the point being that it would be like shutting the west stand at Easter road every time a crowd of less than 14k is expected. They are much better seats than behind the goals. Close behind the goals instead.

DarrenSQH
07-03-2016, 06:15 PM
B1 now on sale :aok: why not G6 there more sold out than B section:confused:

If they sold all of B, then I see them giving us the rest of G. Shame as those seats in G would be much better than those way behind the goal.

It will Be weird to have a 3 section gap in the hibs support.

Pretty Boy
07-03-2016, 06:18 PM
Genuinely loooking forward to the 8pm map. I'm quite excited.

I need to get a life.

IainA
07-03-2016, 06:26 PM
I returned that ticket this afternoon. My mate can't make it.

Can you return tickets! Didnt know that.
My brother has two and has taken ill and wont be able to make it now.
he has two tickets - area G2 DDD

JeMeSouviens
07-03-2016, 06:30 PM
Brace yourselves for some unwelcome news. Ross County are selling in West section A4 and .... SOUTH UPPER Q1-Q6.

Maybe it's Hibs rather than the SPFL that are holding back the South Upper sales?

Callum7
07-03-2016, 06:32 PM
Brace yourselves for some unwelcome news. Ross County are selling in West section A4 and .... SOUTH UPPER Q1-Q6.

Maybe it's Hibs rather than the SPFL that are holding back the South Upper sales?

Will add this to my map. But we could still get some Because south upper doesn't just consist of Q

Hermit Crab
07-03-2016, 06:32 PM

Does it really matter? There are plenty tickets for everyone.

Hanny
07-03-2016, 06:37 PM
Can you return tickets! Didnt know that.
My brother has two and has taken ill and wont be able to make it now.
he has two tickets - area G2 DDD

Yep. Took it back and got a refund no bother.

Billy Whizz

Exactly, the more people that go the merrier

Ronniekirk
Will add this to my map. But we could still get some Because south upper doesn't just consist of Q

Most people that have tickets in South Upper like me ,have said they are in L 2 I have four there

Ronniekirk
07-03-2016, 06:43 PM

Some people would prefer to have the view on offer in South Upper Now that we have sold nearly 29 ,000 does it really matter if a hundred or so folk would rather buy tickets in south Upper

Hermit Crab
07-03-2016, 06:48 PM
Some people would prefer to have the view on offer in South Upper Now that we have sold nearly 29 ,000 does it really matter if a hundred or so folk would rather buy tickets in south Upper

And if they don't open it are these few hundred going to cut their noses off??

NAE NOOKIE
07-03-2016, 06:48 PM
[QUOTE=Hermit Crab;4610619]

I think the point being that it would be like shutting the west stand at Easter road every time a crowd of less than 14k is expected. They are much better seats than behind the goals. Close behind the goals instead.

The folk who already cant wait to put the boot into Scottish fitba would have a field day with a huge empty stand in plain view during a national cup final .. they wouldn't care if one of the clubs involved comes from a town with a population of 6,000 in their haste to tell us all how small time and pathetic our game is.

I rarely find much good to say about the folk who run our game, but in doing this they are trying their best to protect its image, something they fail to do all to often ...... in this case they are 100% right .... no matter how good the unused seats are.

Ronniekirk
07-03-2016, 06:54 PM
And if they don't open it are these few hundred going to cut their noses off??

I doubt it or they won't smell a thing .green grin I am only putting forward the view that some people have said they are waiting till the last minute to see if they can get tickets in the South upper .
It's already being used and the numbers are probably small so why not give them the choice now
It's really not that big an issue for me I have mine .

Callum7
07-03-2016, 07:00 PM
Here's today's updatehttp://i67.tinypic.com/2lxttzb.jpg

Col2
07-03-2016, 07:03 PM
Has anyone asked why G6 - G8 are not up for sale yet?

Pretty Boy
07-03-2016, 07:04 PM

I'd guess because they are unlikely to be seen too often on TV either. They will want the behind the goals areas filled before the corners.

Saturday Boy
07-03-2016, 07:07 PM

I think they are reserved for the "no smoking without fire" section.:wink:

Just Alf
07-03-2016, 07:08 PM
I think they are reserved for the "no smoking without fire" section.:wink:
:D

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

EH54
07-03-2016, 07:16 PM
Don't understand why they are selling more of B when there looks to be loads there and not G...but as far as South Upper goes I would prefer the ground looked as full as it can so totally agree with them not selling this until B and G are all sold

Ronniekirk
07-03-2016, 07:18 PM
I'd guess because they are unlikely to be seen too often on TV either. They will want the behind the goals areas filled before the corners.

Why are Ross county fans not being made to but tickets in A 5 then ? Instead they are getting the South Upper at their end and that wont be seen on the telly