PDA

View Full Version : Australia A League

HH81
20-02-2016, 08:16 AM
I remember a post on here other week about the football over there being decent but can't find it.

Thought I would give the game a watch on BT this morning. Great game at present and 1-1 Sydney FC v Sydney Wanders. Well worth a watch.

Albanian Hibs
20-02-2016, 08:20 AM
It looks like each set of fans get half the stadium each. Do they ground share?

HH81
20-02-2016, 08:23 AM
It looks like each set of fans get half the stadium each. Do they ground share?

Not sure but some sections look mixed to me :confused:

They do look half and half though, massive ground or looks big on tv.

LancashireHibby
20-02-2016, 10:56 AM
They share the Allianz Stadium with Sydney Roosters, don't they?

Went to watch Melbourne City in a friendly against Bolton U21's last summer. Don't think Patrick Kisnorbo was quite expecting pelters playing in front of 120 on a Monday evening in Leyland!

Sproule Three
20-02-2016, 11:40 AM
Not sure but some sections look mixed to me :confused:

They do look half and half though, massive ground or looks big on tv.
Just got home from the game .
Good game.
The teams don't share a ground . The Westies come to the beaches of Sydneys East for a holiday -;) both ends of the ground are for the active supports but reasonably mixed on the sides of the field .
lots of Western Sydney fans near me including 2 in my company tonight but no trouble at all . Very pleasant tbh .
Unbeaten week for my teams in derby week . I'll accept that

LancashireHibby
20-02-2016, 12:07 PM
Just got home from the game .
Good game.
The teams don't share a ground . The Westies come to the beaches of Sydneys East for a holiday -;) both ends of the ground are for the active supports but reasonably mixed on the sides of the field .
lots of Western Sydney fans near me including 2 in my company tonight but no trouble at all . Very pleasant tbh .
Unbeaten week for my teams in derby week . I'll accept that
Do Sydney FC play at the Allianz permanently or is it just for the big games? Guessing Sydney Wanderers play at Parramatta or somewhere similar? This is where a bit of NRL knowledge comes in handy I suppose!

ozwoody
20-02-2016, 12:37 PM
Do Sydney FC play at the Allianz permanently or is it just for the big games? Guessing Sydney Wanderers play at Parramatta or somewhere similar? This is where a bit of NRL knowledge comes in handy I suppose!

Sydney FC play all their games at allianz ,it is groundshared with sydney roosters (Rugby league ) and waratahs (union) capacity is around 43,000 but sydney fc probably get average of 16,000.
Western Sydney Warriors do play at pirtek stadium parramatta.
No real segregation as such in the A league ,but as Sproule mentioned ,each team gets behind the goals and mixed support t b e rest of the ground.
Attendance tonight was 40,000ish