McGeouch
McGinn
Stokes

Boyle
Keatings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
19-02-2016, 10:19 PM
From reading Stubbs's comments today, can't remember where, I expect a few changes to the team on Sunday.

Although they had a good result against Rangers last week it's still a good game to be able to give a couple of players a rest.

MWHIBBIES
19-02-2016, 10:22 PM
Ox

Gray - McGregor - Hanlon - Gunnarsson

Thomson

Carmichael - McGinn

Henderson

Dgnall - Stokes

lord bunberry
19-02-2016, 10:24 PM
Strongest team again

HibsNutter
19-02-2016, 10:26 PM
Oxley

Gray
Mcgregor
Fontaine
Gunnarsson (then play RB against Morton to rest Gray)

McGeouch
Bartley
McGinn

Boyle
Stokes
Carmichael

A good game after a hectic schedule to rest some key players including Henderson - who looked shattered after the other night - Hanlon, Cummings, and also an enforced break for Stevenson who's played every game so far. When the game is inevitably wrapped up with half an hour to go, make some changes depending on who looks tired. McGinn being the first to get a rest as he always knocks his pan in and we need him for the next few months, don't want him burning out.

The Sundance Kid
19-02-2016, 10:27 PM
Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Gunnarsson

Bartley
McGeouch
McGinn
Henderson

Stokes
Keatings

Think with such a busy schedule coming up, this fixture gives us our best chance to alternate a few of the squad. Would give Fontaine some game time and think Keatings could particularly do with a goal having not scored in his last 12 games and think there could be quite a few chances in this game to remedy that

Silky
19-02-2016, 10:29 PM
Oxley

McGregor
Fontaine
Hanlon

Gray
Bartley
McGinn
Henderson
Carmichael

Stokes
Cummings

Crammond Hibee
19-02-2016, 10:40 PM
Strongest team again

Yes I agree
Got to win every game

HibsNutter
19-02-2016, 10:43 PM
Yes I agree
Got to win every game

What's the point in having the strongest squad in the league with very capable fringe players if we can't trust them to beat dross like Alloa at home? Need to make use of the strength in depth that we have, using it to our advantage.

Crammond Hibee
19-02-2016, 10:45 PM
Ox ( Another massive 3pts )

Gunnarson ( if Stevenson is banned )
Hanlon
McGregor
Gray

Bartley
McGinn
Henderson
Boyle

Cummings
Stokes

GGTTH

Yes
I'd go with this

dunfyhibby
19-02-2016, 10:54 PM
Yes I agree
Got to win every game

They will be burnt out come crunch time if you constantly play strongest team! This is why we have the squad we have! Got to be managed properly!

Ronniekirk
19-02-2016, 10:57 PM
What's the point in having the strongest squad in the league with very capable fringe players if we can't trust them to beat dross like Alloa at home? Need to make use of the strength in depth that we have, using it to our advantage.

It's called squad rotation and Stubbs was quoted this week saying he would do just that to try and freshen things up to give us an opportunity to be in with chance in all three competitions

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crammond Hibee
19-02-2016, 11:36 PM

That dross drew with Rangers

HibsNutter
19-02-2016, 11:39 PM
That dross drew with Rangers

Doesn't change the fact that they are dross. By the sounds of things the Rangers result was a fluke. Besides, it's a different story when we're at home, playing on a proper pitch etc. No chance we'll slip up imo.

hfc rd
19-02-2016, 11:48 PM
Oxley

Gray
McGregor
Fontaine
Gunnarson

Thomson

McGeouch
Henderson
McGinn

Dagnall
Stokes

subs:
Virtanen
Hanlon
Boyle
Bartley
Carmichael
Keatings
Cummings

stoneyburn hibs
19-02-2016, 11:50 PM
Rested: Gray for Gunarrson, Hanlon for Fontaine, McGinn for Carmichael, Keatings for Cummings. Bartley first half, Thomson second half.

danhibees1875
20-02-2016, 12:09 AM
With 4 games in 9 days coming up before 2 cup games I'd expect/ want us to make full use of the squad. Other than maybe Oxley I'd be wanting no one to play more than 3 of the next 4 games.

Mix Gunnerson, fonts, Mcgeogh, Boyle, Carmichael, keatings and dagnall in frequently over the next couple of weeks. These players shouldn't really weaken our squad- they're all capable of being first xi players and should be eager to be thought of such.

The team looked noticeably knackered in the second half against hearts.

Ox
Gunn fonts McGregor Stevenson
Bartley
Mcginn Mcgeogh Boyle
Keatings Cummings

hfc rd
20-02-2016, 12:19 AM
With 4 games in 9 days coming up before 2 cup games I'd expect/ want us to make full use of the squad. Other than maybe Oxley I'd be wanting no one to play more than 3 of the next 4 games.

Mix Gunnerson, fonts, Mcgeogh, Boyle, Carmichael, keatings and dagnall in frequently over the next couple of weeks. These players shouldn't really weaken our squad- they're all capable of being first xi players and should be eager to be thought of such.

Ox
Bartley
Mcginn Mcgeogh Boyle
Keatings Cummings

Stevenson is suspended

danhibees1875
20-02-2016, 12:20 AM
Stevenson is suspended
Right enough! That's not something that's happened often for a guy that's been here 9 years or so...

Gunnerson to the left, gray in.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

J-C
20-02-2016, 12:38 AM
Ox

Gray
McGregor
Fontaine
Gunnarsson

McGeouch
Bartley
Carmichael

Boyle
Keatings
Dagnall

monktonharp
20-02-2016, 12:53 AM
whatever combination he puts on the park, I will be happy with in this game. we have an amazing strength in depth this season. if we do really click in the first half and get goals, he may even give our reserve keeper a half. Alloa were tricky, during bad weather at their ground,against us Falkirk and The Rangers. different story at ER, I think.

NAE NOOKIE
20-02-2016, 01:12 AM
Oxley

McGregor
Fontaine
Hanlon

Gray
Bartley
McGinn
Henderson
Carmichael

Stokes
Cummings

If at all possible I would be looking to rest McGinn, Henderson, Hanlon, Cummings, Gray, Bartley and McGregor in one of the next two games. Not all in the same game obviously.

JOD
20-02-2016, 02:38 AM

Totally agree with that

bingo70
20-02-2016, 06:34 AM
---------------Oxley

Gray---Mcgregor---fonts---Hanlon

Boyle---Bartley---Mcginn---Keatings

----------stokes----dagnall

With Stevenson out I wouldn't use this game to rest gray.

in midfield although I've got Keatings as left wing the way the game would likely pan out it'd be more of a 424.

Up front I'd leave out Cummings, not just to rest him but also as a sort of punishment for the red card, kicking the ball away was utterly stupid and could have cost us.

Hibby Kay-Yay
20-02-2016, 07:25 AM
Ox

McGregor
Hanlon
Gunnerson

Gray
Henderson
Bartley
Thomson
Mcginn

Stokes
Cummings

3-5-2 but can go 4-4-2 with Gray slipping back

sogi7777
20-02-2016, 08:03 AM
Three at the back for me. Do I know something.

Oxley

McGregor Hanlon Fontaine

Boyle Thompson Bartley McGinn Carmichael

Stokes Cummings

spudhib
20-02-2016, 08:23 AM
Oxley
Gunnarson Mcgregor Fontaine Hanlon

Boyle Bartley Thomson McGinn

Cummings Keatings

KeithTheHibby
20-02-2016, 08:50 AM
No matter what team Stubbs puts out we should win. I think whatever team he plays tomorrow we are likely to see a full strength match against Morton next Wednesday.

Potential banana skin for the Huns against QOS so must win for us.

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-02-2016, 09:33 AM
If players are tired, then cut back on training. Nothing wrong with loading the bench and giving players a run out once the game is won.

hfc rd
20-02-2016, 11:27 AM
No matter what team Stubbs puts out we should win. I think whatever team he plays tomorrow we are likely to see a full strength match against Morton next Wednesday.

Potential banana skin for the Huns against QOS so must win for us.

I wouldn't class Q.O.S away as a potential banana skin. They've got the 4th best home record in the league. Difficult game especially with Faghorn injured.

Brightside
20-02-2016, 12:14 PM
Anyone know if its PATG tomorrow? Got an extra to bring with me.

fulshie
20-02-2016, 12:37 PM
Oxley, McGregor Hanlon Fontaine Gunnerson, Henderson McGeoch, Thompson McGinn, Stokes Cummings. I wouyld rest Grey as he seemed a bit tired near the end of Hearts game. :flag:

Billy Whizz
20-02-2016, 01:14 PM
Anyone know if its PATG tomorrow? Got an extra to bring with me.

Always PATG option for category B games, unless it's sold out😀
Hope we get a good crowd tomorrow

TheFamous1875
20-02-2016, 01:37 PM
What about this for a starting-XI?

Oxley.

McGregor. Hanlon. Fontaine (c). Gunnarsson.

Bartley. Thomson.
Carmichael.

Boyle. Stokes. Dagnall.

SUBS: Virtanen; Gray, McGeouch, McGinn, Henderson, Keatings, Cummings.

It's all about measuring fitness levels for me. Games are coming thick nice fast and we have the squad to win at home against Alloa. I'm no manager, but surely a solid two in the middle of Bartley and Thomson means that the front four get their attacking freedom whilst the back four are protected? I'd imagine so. Bartley and Thomson link up well and will also give Carmichael the chance to sink his teeth back into playing within a free, creative role.

Gray, McGinn, Henderson and Cummings rested; Fontaine, Gunnarsson, Thomson, Carmichael, Boyle Stokes and Dagnall all receive much needed game time. Sub off Thomson for McGeouch who's just back from injury, Henderson for Carmichael and either Stokes or Boyle for Keatings.

007 Mickey Weir
20-02-2016, 02:37 PM
I want to see us attack them.

McGregor Hanlon Fontaine

Bartley

Boyle McGinn. Carmichael

Henderson

Dagnall. Cummings

Then change it for Morton game

Gray. MacGregor. Fontaine. Stevenson

Thomson

Boyle mcginn

Keatings

Stokes. Dagnall

mutley
21-02-2016, 08:31 AM
Seeing as we have player suspensions for the ICT game, would this one against Alloa be a good practice to try out that team?
No disrespect to alloa, we all know how they fine against the Huns, I'm guessing Fontaine in for Hanlon, McGeoch in for Bartley and Dagnall in for Cummings ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allant1981
21-02-2016, 08:35 AM
Id start fontaine, boyle, carmichael, gunnarsson and dagnall today

Johnny_Leith
21-02-2016, 08:53 AM
Is Crane out on loan? If not, today would be a good opportunity for him.

Billy Whizz
21-02-2016, 09:04 AM
Is Crane out on loan? If not, today would be a good opportunity for him.

He is, played for Berwick yesterday

Ronniekirk
21-02-2016, 09:08 AM

Ox
Bartley
Mcginn Mcgeogh Boyle
Keatings Cummings

I agree with your point about needing to use squad rotation given number of games coming up in short space of time and the possible effects of fatigue .

Am loving the cup success but we can't take our eye off the main prize which is promotion .

Today's game just has to be won after the high of the hearts game .

I remember the midweek Morton game after the 2. 2 draw with Hearts and a few players were off form that night but Dylan drove us on and we got the win .

So today is about getting the win ,with no new injuries and resting who we can and taking some players off early if we are able to .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
21-02-2016, 09:11 AM
I want to see us attack them.

McGregor Hanlon Fontaine

Bartley

Boyle McGinn. Carmichael

Henderson

Dagnall. Cummings

Then change it for Morton game

Gray. MacGregor. Fontaine. Stevenson

Thomson

Boyle mcginn

Keatings

Stokes. Dagnall

3 at the back should be plenty for today. We can play an attacking left sided player with Stevenson being out, rest Gray and batter a few goals in.

I'd play Stokes though - we need to get him properly fit and on a goal scoring run.

Aldo
21-02-2016, 09:19 AM
If players are tired, then cut back on training. Nothing wrong with loading the bench and giving players a run out once the game is won.

Think Stubbs during the post match interview indicated that due to the fixture schedule it was light training and bounce games between the players to keep them on their toes and ticking over!

Aldo
21-02-2016, 09:23 AM
At this moment in time in the season we should be playing the strongest team possible with us looking at one game at a time.

We should have more than enough to beat Alloa but they must be respected and not taken lightly.

smithy_hibees
21-02-2016, 09:28 AM
VIRTANEN
Fonts McGregor Gunnarsson

McGinn Bartley Thomson

Hendo

Keatings Stokes Boyle

Alloa are to going sit back and we have good enough players step in and surely any player would be dieing get in the team at the moment...

theonlywayisup
21-02-2016, 09:50 AM

Agree. think 4 out of those 5 are certain to play today. Don't think both Boyle and Carmichael will start.

EH54
21-02-2016, 11:23 AM
Got a spare ticket in East if there is any takers free of charge it is a ST though so can meet behind goals or outside turnstiles a 5mins before kick off no loyalty points though :)

Allant1981
21-02-2016, 12:48 PM
Agree. think 4 out of those 5 are certain to play today. Don't think both Boyle and Carmichael will start.

Both starting

hibby6270
21-02-2016, 05:24 PM

You were pretty much spot on. You're not Alan Stubbs by any chance?:wink::wink:

hibby6270
21-02-2016, 05:26 PM
Rested: Gray for Gunarrson, Hanlon for Fontaine, McGinn for Carmichael, Keatings for Cummings. Bartley first half, Thomson second half.

Good shout. That was almost how it worked out.
Was surprised there were so many changes but they all did well today.:thumbsup: