PDA

View Full Version : Fixture congestion and Sevco home game now in April

GreenCastle
19-02-2016, 11:25 AM
Just checked the fixtures and looks like a very busy run in in next couple months -

Few things to note...

Seems getting to the Scottish Cup QF will allow more rest before the League Cup final - players like Cummings will miss this game (suspended) - but be fresh for the final.
April looks very busy - along with Sevco possibly winning title at ER!!
Depending how we progress in Scottish Cup and how the league goes - we could be in for a busy few weeks at the end
The playoffs are going to be so tough for whoever is involved - limited rest and important games

21st Feb - Hibs v Alloa
24th Feb - Hibs v Morton
27th Feb - Dumbarton v Hibs

1st March - Queen of South v Hibs
5th / 6th March - Hibs v ICT - Scottish Cup QF
13th March - Hibs v Ross County - FINAL
19th March - Raith v Hibs
26th March - Hibs v Dumbarton

2nd April - St Mirren v Hibs
9th April - Alloa v Hibs
15th April - Hibs v Falkirk
(16th / 17th April - Scottish Cup Semi Final)
19th or 20th - Hibs v Sevco
23td April - Morton v Hibs
30th April - Hibs v Queen of the South

Play Offs - Championship Final Leg 1 - 11th May
Championship Final Leg 2 - 15th May

Scottish Cup Final - 21st May

Play Offs - Premiership Playoff Leg 1 - 19th May
Premiership Playoff Leg 2 - 22nd May

hibee_girl
19-02-2016, 11:27 AM
I read on the evening news website today that our home game against Dumbarton on March 26th could also be moved due to international call ups

GreenCastle
19-02-2016, 11:27 AM
I read on the evening news website today that our home game against Dumbarton on March 26th could also be moved due to international call ups

That's right - u21 game with several of our players playing.

Ozyhibby
19-02-2016, 11:29 AM
Looks like we'll get a full 3 weeks off before the Scottish cup final. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blaster
19-02-2016, 11:31 AM
Do we not have the Livingston game from cup final weekend to be slotted in too?

hibee_girl
19-02-2016, 11:36 AM
Do we not have the Livingston game from cup final weekend to be slotted in too?

:agree:

hibbysam
19-02-2016, 11:45 AM
Just checked the fixtures and looks like a very busy run in in next couple months -

Few things to note...

Seems getting to the Scottish Cup QF will allow more rest before the League Cup final - players like Cummings will miss this game (suspended) - but be fresh for the final.
Depending how we progress in Scottish Cup and how the league goes - we could be in for a busy few weeks at the end
The playoffs are going to be so tough for whoever is involved - limited rest and important games

21st Feb - Hibs v Alloa
24th Feb - Hibs v Morton

9th April - Alloa v Hibs

One thing noticeable:

Before we play Raith on the 19th March, We will have played 4 league games to Rangers' 5. Meaning that morning we will have 2 games in hand. It is imperative that we win all 4 games, very winnable games as well. If we can pick up 12 points, Rangers have QOTS(A) St Mirren(H) Raith(H) Morton(H) and Falkirk(A). This is the section of games, IMO, that will make or break our title charge. If Rangers pick up full points, they will then have a decent cushion, probably enough to see us off, not that I would give up hope, I just feel we have to show signs of eating into that deficit shortly. If we can still be at 8 points behind that night, with 2 games in hand and Rangers to play, I would be very confident of overhauling them.

Although April will be tiring, if we are in a title challenge, with 1 trophy in the bag and another Semi-final/Final to play, the players would relish it and would be running on adrenaline which would see us over the line hopefully.

Billy Whizz
19-02-2016, 11:53 AM
That's right - u21 game with several of our players playing.

The under 21's game is on the Thursday night, although it's away. Maybe could move the home Dumbarton game to the Sunday?

O'Rourke3
19-02-2016, 11:55 AM
There was something yesterday on the BBC gossip that since Hibs and them were both in the quarters and one or both might be involved in the play-offs work was starting on contingency.

Sent via the bushes @ EM

Onion
19-02-2016, 12:00 PM
One thing noticeable:

Before we play Raith on the 19th March, We will have played 4 league games to Rangers' 5. Meaning that morning we will have 2 games in hand. It is imperative that we win all 4 games, very winnable games as well. If we can pick up 12 points, Rangers have QOTS(A) St Mirren(H) Raith(H) Morton(H) and Falkirk(A). This is the section of games, IMO, that will make or break our title charge. If Rangers pick up full points, they will then have a decent cushion, probably enough to see us off, not that I would give up hope, I just feel we have to show signs of eating into that deficit shortly. If we can still be at 8 points behind that night, with 2 games in hand and Rangers to play, I would be very confident of overhauling them.

Although April will be tiring, if we are in a title challenge, with 1 trophy in the bag and another Semi-final/Final to play, the players would relish it and would be running on adrenaline which would see us over the line hopefully.

If Hibs were to win both cups and get promoted through the Playoffs, it will have been the club's greatest ever season bar none. Greater than anything the FF or TTs achieved (given the state of the club 18 moths ago).

Saying that, with the fixture congestion, there's just as much chance of us failing on all 3 fronts. Momentum is everything.

Diclonius
19-02-2016, 12:20 PM
If Hibs were to win both cups and get promoted through the Playoffs, it will have been the club's greatest ever season bar none. Greater than anything the FF or TTs achieved (given the state of the club 18 moths ago).

Saying that, with the fixture congestion, there's just as much chance of us failing on all 3 fronts. Momentum is everything.

I'll take the League Cup and promotion. Still got a long way to go before we even think about the Cup.

Actually, I'll just take promotion.

Back Lounge
19-02-2016, 12:22 PM
The under 21's game is on the Thursday night, although it's away. Maybe could move the home Dumbarton game to the Sunday?

The 21s are playing on the Tuesday as well. Both games are qualifiers.

GreenCastle
19-02-2016, 01:04 PM

Still promotion - goal at the start of the season
Cups - 2nd priority

However...I think I would rather win the League Cup then the Championship - though still want promotion.

The Scottish Cup - complete bonus of a cup - still some tough teams left in it - we need the Old Firm to be put out for us to have a real chance.

renato
19-02-2016, 01:09 PM

Few things to note...

21st Feb - Hibs v Alloa
24th Feb - Hibs v Morton

9th April - Alloa v Hibs

If we end up in the playoffs in 2nd place, that gap until 19th May (effectively 3 weeks from final league game) could derail us again, much like last season. It would be much fairer if the 3rd vs 4th playoff happened sooner than 11 days after season ends.

This of course assuming the team finishing 2nd isn't in the SC final :greengrin

HiBremian
19-02-2016, 01:36 PM
If we end up in the playoffs in 2nd place, that gap until 19th May (effectively 3 weeks from final league game) could derail us again, much like last season. It would be much fairer if the 3rd vs 4th playoff happened sooner than 11 days after season ends.

This of course assuming the team finishing 2nd isn't in the SC final :greengrin

Pretty sure they take place on 4th and 7th May. Match on 11th would be the first tie involving Hibs or The Hun, ie whoever finishes in 2nd place.

KeithTheHibby
19-02-2016, 01:39 PM

Still promotion - goal at the start of the season
Cups - 2nd priority

However...I think I would rather win the League Cup then the Championship - though still want promotion.

The Scottish Cup - complete bonus of a cup - still some tough teams left in it - we need the Old Firm to be put out for us to have a real chance.

Maybe one half and even then you only have to look at recent results to see that on their day teams can beat anyone.

Ozyhibby
19-02-2016, 01:46 PM
I think winning the league cup is now indirectly important for our promotion chances. As stated above, momentum is key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geo_1875
19-02-2016, 02:05 PM
If we keep winning in the Scottish Cup and reach the play-offs we could be playing until early July.

dangermouse
19-02-2016, 02:36 PM
If we keep winning in the Scottish Cup and reach the play-offs we could be playing until early July.

Rest the players in June for final promotion push in July, I like your thinking :wink:

Craig_HFC
19-02-2016, 02:38 PM

Our season could finish after we're due to play in any European qualifiers

:greengrin

Smartie
19-02-2016, 02:41 PM
This is why we've got the squad we do.

It would be a big ask and a tough shift for the same 11 players to do it every week.

Gunnarson, Fontaine, KT, Boyle, Keatings and Dagnall will all play a very big part in this run in somewhere.

TBH now that I look at it and seeing how short of midfield options we looked towards the last 10 on Tuesday I would love to have Sam Stanton and Jordon Forster still at the club too.

GreenCastle
19-02-2016, 03:35 PM
This is why we've got the squad we do.

It would be a big ask and a tough shift for the same 11 players to do it every week.

Gunnarson, Fontaine, KT, Boyle, Keatings and Dagnall will all play a very big part in this run in somewhere.

TBH now that I look at it and seeing how short of midfield options we looked towards the last 10 on Tuesday I would love to have Sam Stanton and Jordon Forster still at the club too.

When do the loan deals end?

Also Danny Handling and Farid possibly to come back..

Smartie
19-02-2016, 03:54 PM
When do the loan deals end?

Also Danny Handling and Farid possibly to come back..

Pretty sure they're both until the end of the season.

Diclonius
19-02-2016, 03:58 PM
Hibs in the playoff final, Scottish Cup final with Euro 2016 kicking off the week after. What a time to be alive. :wink: