PDA

View Full Version : We have beaten more teams from the so called big leaugue than Dundee United

Ronniekirk
18-02-2016, 11:08 PM
Sure I read that we had beaten more Teams from the League above us than Dundee United have .
Shows that we are more than capable of holding our own in that leaugue and speaks volumes about the turn around in the way the club is being run now .
Credit where Credit is due ,and hope some of the fans who came back midweek will come along and back the Team on Sunday ,as they deserve increased attendances .
Stubbs has said the only way to get increased attendances is for the team to do thier part and keep winning games , so it's now over to the Fans to do thier bit and get behind the Team in bigger numbers , the Team really deserve this now
I had already bought my ticket before the Hearts game so hoping for a decent crowd which for Alloa would be anything over 10 000

Silky
18-02-2016, 11:11 PM
I heard that, Ronnie. Fantastic achievement from everyone atbthe club. Just shows the level we are at now. So much good stuff happening.

NorthHibees
18-02-2016, 11:13 PM
That is quite impressive.

wookie70
18-02-2016, 11:15 PM
Not sure beating more teams in the big league than Dundee Utd would guarantee us of any success given their predicament. However, we have clearly shown we have a team that can compete and beat teams in the higher league on a one off basis. I suspect we would be top half in that league with this squad but no way of knowing. Of course if we do get promoted then I will hope we get a stronger squad especially considering the money brought in from our Cup runs.

Sir David Gray
18-02-2016, 11:16 PM
It's level

We've both beaten four Premiership sides this season;

Hibs

Hearts
St Johnstone
Aberdeen
Dundee Utd

Dundee Utd

Motherwell
Ross County
Kilmarnock
Partick Thistle (Scottish Cup)

Although we have got a 100% record!

GreenArmyyy!
18-02-2016, 11:17 PM
If hypothetically we were in the same league we would be one point behind Dundee Utd with 20 games in hand!

Super_JMcGinn
18-02-2016, 11:26 PM
Sure I read that we had beaten more Teams from the League above us than Dundee United have .
Shows that we are more than capable of holding our own in that leaugue and speaks volumes about the turn around in the way the club is being run now .
Credit where Credit is due ,and hope some of the fans who came back midweek will come along and back the Team on Sunday ,as they deserve increased attendances .
Stubbs has said the only way to get increased attendances is for the team to do thier part and keep winning games , so it's now over to the Fans to do thier bit and get behind the Team in bigger numbers , the Team really deserve this now
I had already bought my ticket before the Hearts game so hoping for a decent crowd which for Alloa would be anything over 10 000

We deserve way much more, but sadly it won't happen. It's a pity a lot of the voices on here who have an opinion won't be in attendance.

Ronniekirk
18-02-2016, 11:30 PM
We deserve way much more, but sadly it won't happen. It's a pity a lot of the voices on here who have an opinion won't be in attendance.

Am sure when Ms a Dempster was sitting in the Dug Out soaking up the Atmosphere and listening to Sunshine on Leith getting belted out that very topic would of been exercising her mind
Look out for some announcements soon :rolleyes:

Pete
18-02-2016, 11:34 PM

Bus #2 will be a laugh.

monktonharp
18-02-2016, 11:35 PM
It's level

Hibs

Hearts
St Johnstone
Aberdeen
Dundee Utd

Dundee Utd

Motherwell
Ross County
Kilmarnock

Although we have got a 100% record!this in itself, gives me great pride and hope. If D.Utd can beat the staggies, why cant we on the 13th. ? don't know how the bookies will see it but I assume there will not much between us, by their reckoning. ah well, just another SPL team to beat:wink: seriously though, this team of ours deserve something special this year.

matty_f
18-02-2016, 11:38 PM
Bus #2 will be a laugh.

Dinnae. I'm on bus #2.

portycabbage
18-02-2016, 11:49 PM
this in itself, gives me great pride and hope. If D.Utd can beat the staggies, why cant we on the 13th. ? don't know how the bookies will see it but I assume there will not much between us, by their reckoning. ah well, just another SPL team to beat:wink: seriously though, this team of ours deserve something special this year.

We put County out the league cup last season, although I think they weren't doing as well then. If we play well there's no reason why we can't beat both RC and ICT, which would make it half the teams in the league above us that we've beaten this season. So far it's P5 W4 D1 L0 F10 A3.

Ronniekirk
19-02-2016, 09:48 PM
We put County out the league cup last season, although I think they weren't doing as well then. If we play well there's no reason why we can't beat both RC and ICT, which would make it half the teams in the league above us that we've beaten this season. So far it's P5 W4 D1 L0 F10 A3.

Given the fact we haven't been scoring lots of goals the 10 for and only 3 against is impressive in itself

Nutmegged
19-02-2016, 10:13 PM
So called big League, like it or not in Scotland it is the big League and until we're back in it having a cheap pop at it doesn't exactly shine a bright light on us.

Thats Sevco patter mate.

Ronniekirk
19-02-2016, 10:43 PM
So called big League, like it or not in Scotland it is the big League and until we're back in it having a cheap pop at it doesn't exactly shine a bright light on us.

Thats Sevco patter mate.

The point being made is that at the present time we have a squad that is more than capable of holding Their own when coming up against teams from the league above us .
It says more about the quality of player we have ,and how they are coached ,managed and how the team spirit is excellent and that we have players with a desire to be winners .
It's not Sevco patter its Hibs Class

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

portycabbage
19-02-2016, 10:44 PM
Given the fact we haven't been scoring lots of goals the 10 for and only 3 against is impressive in itself

Tuesday was the first time in the 7 games v top league teams (since start of last season) we haven't scored 2 or 3 goals.

Ronniekirk
19-02-2016, 10:53 PM
Tuesday was the first time in the 7 games v top league teams (since start of last season) we haven't scored 2 or 3 goals.

Was meaning more we haven't been turning teams over in the championship by big scores that often ,which makes our stats again teams from the top tier all the more impressive if that makes sense

portycabbage
19-02-2016, 11:53 PM
Was meaning more we haven't been turning teams over in the championship by big scores that often ,which makes our stats again teams from the top tier all the more impressive if that makes sense

I agree, was just adding another stat v top tier!

We've only scored more than once in 2 of our last 7 league matches (v Sevco and St mirren), so maybe it's those teams being more defensive against us than top tier sides.

jgl07
20-02-2016, 01:22 AM
It demonstrates a couple of things.

Firstly Rangers may be better at dealing with some of the Championship sides than Hibs, but Hibs seem better equipped against better Premiership teams.

Secondly the gap between the Premiership and Championship teams in terms of quality is narrowing. Since relegation, Hibs have only lost to one Premiership team (Dundee United on penalties) and have beaten five Premiership teams. I think you could substitute a number of top six Championship sides for bottom six Premiership teams without noticing the difference.

lyonhibs
20-02-2016, 06:17 AM
Dundee United are especially gantin this season mind. This kind of stat highlights that even more clearly.

Definitely enough roughly similar quality teams for a 16/18 team top flight though.

Onion
20-02-2016, 06:24 AM

Large part of our success this season is down to momentum and winning habit. We've almost forgotten how it feels to lose and, as seen against the Yams, this Hibs team has no wish to be reminded. Drive, character and resilience we've not seen in a Hibs team is years.

At the business end of the season, every single win affects the next so IMO beating ICT in the SC Quarters will have a big impact on our chances in the LC Final following week.

Yorkshire HFC
20-02-2016, 06:27 AM
If hypothetically we were in the same league we would be one point behind Dundee Utd with 20 games in hand!
But we're not in the same league as them unfortunately - and hopefully we won't be next season either. The cups have been great this year, but I've little enthusiasm for games against Alloa, Livingston etc.

Onceinawhile
20-02-2016, 09:14 AM
It's level

Hibs

Hearts
St Johnstone
Aberdeen
Dundee Utd

Dundee Utd

Motherwell
Ross County
Kilmarnock

Although we have got a 100% record!

I'd argue we have an 80% record as we've won 4 from 5.

We would only be a point behind Dundee Utd in the league, with 20 games in hand.

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-02-2016, 09:40 AM
None of the teams from the top tier have sat in against us and asked us to break them down. We play better against teams that think they can beat us.

Scottie
20-02-2016, 09:48 AM
I'd argue we have an 80% record as we've won 4 from 5.

We would only be a point behind Dundee Utd in the league, with 20 games in hand.
And if Butcher was still in charge we would still be relegated with 20 games in hand.

mutley
20-02-2016, 11:35 AM

Include the draw against Hearts and we would be equal with 19 games in hand (I'm too lazy to work out the goal difference)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emerald green
20-02-2016, 02:10 PM
I wonder how the Arabs will get on today against the Yams after being publicly slaughtered by their chairman?

John Rankin also quoted in the paper this morning saying that some DU players are "downing tools". Sound familiar?

Gmack7
20-02-2016, 05:02 PM
Not now we haven't 😀

Sir David Gray
20-02-2016, 05:05 PM
I'm afraid it's now 5-4 in Dundee Utd's favour.

:greengrin

mutley
20-02-2016, 05:05 PM
I wonder how the Arabs will get on today against the Yams after being publicly slaughtered by their chairman?

John Rankin also quoted in the paper this morning saying that some DU players are "downing tools". Sound familiar?

Haha downed tools and still beat hearts

theonlywayisup
20-02-2016, 08:59 PM
Hibs

Hertz
St Johnstone
Aberdeen
Dundee Utd

Dundee Utd

Motherwell
Ross County
Kilmarnock
Hertz

Corrected!!!

Onceinawhile
21-02-2016, 12:38 AM
Ffs hibees. Relegation form.

We'd better beat the teuchter twins in March or we're struggling.

emerald green
21-02-2016, 11:36 AM
Haha downed tools and still beat hearts

:agree: Very pleasing.