PDA

View Full Version : Yams Robbie Neilson

Dashing Bob S
18-02-2016, 08:11 PM
The longer I spend on Kickback the more I like this guy. I'm starting to think that he really could be the man for Hearts and that they should keep him for years, giving him the chance to create a dynasty in tandem with the Queen of Hearts, Craig Levein.

It does no club any good to chop and change all the time.

JimBHibees
18-02-2016, 08:17 PM
The longer I spend on Kickback the more I like this guy. I'm starting to think that he really could be the man for Hearts and that they should keep him for years, giving him the chance to create a dynasty in tandem with the Queen of Hearts, Craig Levein.

:not worth :faf:

Billy Whizz
18-02-2016, 08:29 PM

Think any Manager under Potter will be a problem long term. Seemingly he only works with 3 agents, and he buys the players. Robbie has to coach the likes of the Nigerian left back that they signed. Seemingly Potter signed the wrong brother

Stax
18-02-2016, 08:29 PM

Not many people know but Robbie's actually a pure died in the wool Hibby. Personally, I think his cover has been blown as Levein is clearly an intelligent man.

Billy Whizz
18-02-2016, 08:30 PM
Not many people know but Robbie's actually a pure died in the wool Hibby. Personally, I think his cover has been blown as Levein is clearly an intelligent man.

His beard isn't Hibs class, it's a give away

3pm
18-02-2016, 08:31 PM
Think any Manager under Potter will be a problem long term. Seemingly he only works with 3 agents, and he buys the players. Robbie has to coach the likes of the Nigerian left back that they signed. Seemingly Potter signed the wrong brother

Should be Brian Potter rather than Harry Potter.

Tynecastle is The Phoenix Club (a ****hole that should be burnt down).

iwasthere1972
18-02-2016, 08:34 PM

It's no even a real beard either. Just the trimmings from Queen Budge's you know what.

Stax
18-02-2016, 08:35 PM
A beard Levein could only aspire to.

Ozyhibby
18-02-2016, 10:51 PM
http://martini.heraldscotland.com/sport/14287801.Gary_Naysmith_backs_Robbie_Neilson_to_bou nce_back_from_criticism_over_Hearts__cup_exit_to_H ibs/?ref=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
The old pals getting wheeled out to shore up his position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springbank
19-02-2016, 06:36 AM
http://martini.heraldscotland.com/sport/14287801.Gary_Naysmith_backs_Robbie_Neilson_to_bou nce_back_from_criticism_over_Hearts__cup_exit_to_H ibs/?ref=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

That's one reading of it

I think this is a "remember me, Come and Get Me" plea from Naysmith

If so, his agent is really very good - a very innocent-looking way to bring to Jambos attention that Naysmith is in the management game and wants on the radar

Pete
19-02-2016, 06:59 AM
They are sitting pretty in third and looking sharp as tacks. One foot either way on Tuesday when these crosses came in and we would probably be out.

Let the muppets hound them out I say. Who do they think they are? ****ing Real Madrid?

Ozyhibby
19-02-2016, 07:12 AM
They are sitting pretty in third and looking sharp as tacks. One foot either way on Tuesday when these crosses came in and we would probably be out.

Let the muppets hound them out I say. Who do they think they are? ****ing Real Madrid?

I agree. Nielsen has done a great job. Hope they hound him out.
Their recruitment does seem a bit haphazard though, hopefully that's what does for him in the end. They had a terrible January window.

Mikey09
19-02-2016, 09:52 AM
Potter rarely recruits well.

Juanma
Anderson
El Hass-what's his name
Pallardo
Oshiniwa
Soutar (he's young so might come good but having seen him not a player you would think wow)
Reilly (gets played out of position whenever he plays according to a yam I know)

Djoum for me is a really good player and so was Sow. The others above are bang average.

Geo_1875
19-02-2016, 09:57 AM

Juanma
Anderson
El Hass-what's his name
Pallardo
Oshiniwa
Soutar (he's young so might come good but having seen him not a player you would think wow)
Reilly (gets played out of position whenever he plays according to a yam I know)

Djoum for me is a really good player and so was Sow. The others above are bang average.

Don Cowie is another shocker.

Mikey09
19-02-2016, 10:03 AM

When thinking of Cowie's ability the same question pops up that I asked about Christoph Berra...

"HOW THE **** DID YOU MANAGE TO PLAY IN THE EPL?!!"

Ozyhibby
19-02-2016, 10:10 AM

That one seems crazy. Not so much the actual signing but the length of the deal.
That January window there was their first taste of working to a budget.
Previously they would have kept Sow and added others in an attempt to knock us out the cup. They would not have cared how much they were losing.
As it is, they have banked over a million for Sow but about £250k (maybe more) of it has now been cancelled out by getting knocked out the cup.

Thecat23
19-02-2016, 10:14 AM
I went onto KB this morning and holy **** they are hurting.

One guy says that Neilson had the tougher job when getting the hearts job as Stubbs had the better squad! Even though Hearts had a season to prepare and had a full team to pick from where Stubbs had a squad of just 8 players signed when he walked in.

At least one of them tried to explain this. Neilson is Potters puppet plain and simple. His record in big games is poor. It's about time these ****ing idiots stopped raving about what Stubbs is doing wrong and worried about themselves.

Stubbs is miles better and he'll go onto huge things, while Neilson will float about the SPFL at clubs like Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock etc..

And for those looking in... Yes we celebrated a Derby cup win hope that's ok with you knuckle dragging @rseholes. At least we didn't bring out a ****ing beer after getting a draw at ER. 😂😂

Onion
19-02-2016, 11:13 AM

IMO Neilson's a capable young manager who just needs proper guidance and support, but getting the opposite at Hearts. Think he'd do quite well elsewhere.

Hearts problem is their Hibernian obsession. Everything to do with that club revolves around Hibernian.

Despite winning the Championship, being 3rd in the Premiership, winning lots of games and heading for European football in their first season back after almost going out of business, they are STILL NO HAPPY. Why ? Because Hibs pumped them out of the cup (again). TG I'm a Hibby :flag:

Diclonius
19-02-2016, 11:17 AM
Any Hearts manager that struggles against Hibs is good in my book. :aok:

--------
19-02-2016, 11:28 AM
IMO Neilson's a capable young manager who just needs proper guidance and support, but getting the opposite at Hearts. Think he'd do quite well elsewhere.

Hearts problem is their Hibernian obsession. Everything to do with that club revolves around Hibernian.

Despite winning the Championship, being 3rd in the Premiership, winning lots of games and heading for European football in their first season back after almost going out of business, they are STILL NO HAPPY. Why ? Because Hibs pumped them out of the cup (again). TG I'm a Hibby.

:flag:

Yup. :agree:

Except that as long as Potter's around, Neilson will be nothing more than head coach subject to the vagaries of Potter's 'signing policy' (if you can call it that).

It's a bit like the old old days when some poor soul would be handed a list of 16 randomly-chosen players by the SFA Selectors and told to take them down to London and beat England. The players are Potter's and would fit into a Potter 4-6-0 line-up. Neilson has to make the best of it, and then when things go wrong, face the cameras and explain why the team didn't triumph easily.

Mind you, there are many, many Hibbies with as great an obsession about Hearts as they have about us. If we had LOST 1-0 on Tuesday, there would have been plenty on here expressing serious displeasure with AS and his players, regardless of the win over St Johnstone or the fact we're still well in the promotion race.

Going back to the old old days, before 1966 most Scots couldn't have cared less about the World Cup as long as the team beat England now and again. There are still lots of Hibs supporters whose main concern is 'What's going on at Tynecastle and who won the last derby?"

Jack Hackett
19-02-2016, 11:37 AM

One guy says that Neilson had the tougher job when getting the hearts job as Stubbs had the better squad! Even though Hearts had a season to prepare and had a full team to pick from where Stubbs had a squad of just 8 players signed when he walked in.

At least one of them tried to explain this. Neilson is Potters puppet plain and simple. His record in big games is poor. It's about time these ****ing idiots stopped raving about what Stubbs is doing wrong and worried about themselves.

Stubbs is miles better and he'll go onto huge things, while Neilson will float about the SPFL at clubs like Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock etc..

And for those looking in... Yes we celebrated a Derby cup win hope that's ok with you knuckle dragging @rseholes. At least we didn't bring out a ****ing beer after getting a draw at ER. 

:agree:

By the time they were relegated, hertz youngsters under Gary Locke had improved exponentially and finished the season strongly. They hit the ground running while we and der hun struggled. By the time the Championship season was over and the Potter/Neilson effect was kicking in properly, we were the form team. Their league position this season imo, is purely down to the fact that the Premier league is full of really crap teams.

Nielson will never make it as a top class manager. The situation between him and Potter is laughable in the extreme. Why doesn't Potter just admit what everyone knows and relegate Neilson to what he actually is...his assistant? After the debacle of his tenure as Scotland manager, Potter has kept his head well below the parapet....when do you ever see quotes or statements from the knob these days? There's a yellow streak running down his back you can see from the moon on a clear night. He's hiding behind Neilson, and while hertz remain near the top of a bad barrel, his hidey hole is safe. They'll get found out big time next season when we, and probably der hun, are back in the mix

Fife-Hibee
19-02-2016, 12:01 PM

And for those looking in... Yes we celebrated a Derby cup win hope that's ok with you knuckle dragging @rseholes. At least we didn't bring out a ****ing beer after getting a draw at ER. 😂😂

Like 😂😂

Geo_1875
19-02-2016, 12:02 PM
Neilson brings little to the table regarding coaching and team selection.

They are Potters players and tactics all day long.

4 Big guys at the back who can launch a ball 80 yards but fall to the ground holding their face if they lose a header.

2 Big guys at the front who can challenge for a long high ball but fall to the ground holding their face if they lose a header.

2 Big guys in front of the defence who can kick and elbow the opposition all day but fall to the ground holding their face if the opposition come within a yard of them.

2 Big pacey guys who play for the scraps from the long high balls between defence and attack but fall to the ground holding their face................

1 Goalkeeper who can launch a bye-kick 80 yards.

iwasthere1972
19-02-2016, 12:07 PM
Not very often that I do this but I went on Kickback last night and by the way a lot of people were describing Stubbs and Neilson I thought for one minute that I was on Hibs.net. The sensible ones that post on Kickback can see what an excellent coach Stubbs is and recognise that he's responsible for firing the team up whereas before that we went into matches expecting to lose. Tuesday night is hurting them bad. Brilliant.

In Stubbs we trust.

AndyM_1875
19-02-2016, 12:26 PM

By the time they were relegated, hertz youngsters under Gary Locke had improved exponentially and finished the season strongly. They hit the ground running while we and der hun struggled. By the time the Championship season was over and the Potter/Neilson effect was kicking in properly, we were the form team. Their league position this season imo, is purely down to the fact that the Premier league is full of really crap teams.

Nielson will never make it as a top class manager. The situation between him and Potter is laughable in the extreme. Why doesn't Potter just admit what everyone knows and relegate Neilson to what he actually is...his assistant? After the debacle of his tenure as Scotland manager, Potter has kept his head well below the parapet....when do you ever see quotes or statements from the knob these days? There's a yellow streak running down his back you can see from the moon on a clear night. He's hiding behind Neilson, and while hertz remain near the top of a bad barrel, his hidey hole is safe. They'll get found out big time next season when we, and probably der hun, are back in the mix

Michael Stewart called out Levein some time ago when he said he was in his perfect role at Hearts, one of power without responsibility.
Levein is on the Board at Hearts as DoF and will cheerfully throw Neilson to the wolves when results go against Hearts even though he appears to do all the player recruitment and probably tells Neilson what team to pick.

Hearts are well clear in third and should qualify as Scotland's cannon fodder for the early rounds of the Europa League so yay to them for that but next season is a different prospect entirely. You will likely have Hibs and Rangers both in the top flight along with a strong Aberdeen and Celtic will have a fire lit under them by the presence of Rangers. Throw in the Highland sides who are both strong and there is a real challenge there for Hearts. Operating at the same budget level as just now will be impossible if they are building the stand which Budge quite rightly won't pay for. That money will have to come from the FoH.

JimBHibees
19-02-2016, 01:05 PM
Not very often that I do this but I went on Kickback last night and by the way a lot of people were describing Stubbs and Neilson I thought for one minute that I was on Hibs.net. The sensible ones that post on Kickback can see what an excellent coach Stubbs is and recognise that he's responsible for firing the team up whereas before that we went into matches expecting to lose. Tuesday night is hurting them bad. Brilliant.

In Stubbs we trust.

Without being funny any reasonable football fan couldnt help but see the total contrast in playing styles especially in the first half on Wednesday. On another day and similar to the last time we played at ER we could and probably should have been 3 up by half an hour gone. The sight of a supposed future Scotland player time after time launching a punt up the park so that 2 tall centre forwards could maybe get a flick on or win a second ball really was a step back in time IMO. The fact they are 3rd in the top league is depressing especially given they have a number of decent players.

Thecat23
19-02-2016, 01:16 PM

Agree with everything you have said. 👍🏼

Smartie
19-02-2016, 01:19 PM
His derby record is pretty shocking though.

Must be getting close to Malofeev territory now?

Smartie
19-02-2016, 01:22 PM
Michael Stewart called out Levein some time ago when he said he was in his perfect role at Hearts, one of power without responsibility.
Levein is on the Board at Hearts as DoF and will cheerfully throw Neilson to the wolves when results go against Hearts even though he appears to do all the player recruitment and probably tells Neilson what team to pick.

Hearts are well clear in third and should qualify as Scotland's cannon fodder for the early rounds of the Europa League so yay to them for that but next season is a different prospect entirely. You will likely have Hibs and Rangers both in the top flight along with a strong Aberdeen and Celtic will have a fire lit under them by the presence of Rangers. Throw in the Highland sides who are both strong and there is a real challenge there for Hearts. Operating at the same budget level as just now will be impossible if they are building the stand which Budge quite rightly won't pay for. That money will have to come from the FoH.

:agree: Good post.

Since narrowly avoiding the clutches of the grim reaper it has all gone one way for Hearts - fair play to them for seizing the initiative and capitalising on their good fortune.

They have MASSIVE challenges that lie ahead - exactly as you suggest. It will be very interesting to see how they cope, particularly if we continue to appear to be doing ok.

greenginger
19-02-2016, 01:27 PM

The FoH money is to be used to pay-off Budge's loan that bought the club and allow the FoH to take possession of the club.

I'm sure the FoH pledgers would rather they took care of the stand in their own time, once they had control as per their agreement.

I kinda get the feeling Mrs Budge loves the limelight and won't go quietly.

SlickShoes
19-02-2016, 01:28 PM

Despite winning the Championship, being 3rd in the Premiership, winning lots of games and heading for European football in their first season back after almost going out of business, they are STILL NO HAPPY. Why ? Because Hibs pumped them out of the cup (again). TG I'm a Hibby :flag:

Haunted by a dead club, must be a hard life for them.

If we had won the league last season, currently sat 3rd in the SPL while Hearts were still in the championship and they had put us out the cup it'd be annoying but hardly a worry. Rivalries are healthy but being completely obsessed like they are with hibs is bonkers.

Geo_1875
19-02-2016, 01:32 PM
The FoH money is to be used to pay-off Budge's loan that bought the club and allow the FoH to take possession of the club.

I'm sure the FoH pledgers would rather they took care of the stand in their own time, once they had control as per their agreement.

I kinda get the feeling Mrs Budge loves the limelight and won't go quietly.

That was the original plan but aren't they using the FoH money for wages and other running costs? I doubt Budgie's holding has reduced any since she took over.

greenginger
19-02-2016, 02:15 PM
That was the original plan but aren't they using the FoH money for wages and other running costs? I doubt Budgie's holding has reduced any since she took over.

I think the first 2 seasons the FoH money went to working capital for the club , but after that it would be used to payoff Mrs Budge's outlays and lead to FoH taking control.

I can't see the D.D.s, continuing for ever just to bring glory to Mrs B.

Dashing Bob S
19-02-2016, 02:18 PM
:agree: Good post.

Since narrowly avoiding the clutches of the grim reaper it has all gone one way for Hearts - fair play to them for seizing the initiative and capitalising on their good fortune.

They have MASSIVE challenges that lie ahead - exactly as you suggest. It will be very interesting to see how they cope, particularly if we continue to appear to be doing ok.

Agree completely. They've been running on the momentum from their death bed reprieve and are now stuttering badly and have to mount several walls. At the end of the Romanov (and to a lesser extent Mercer) high spend eras, they saw it as as a way to 'get the soul of the club back', hoping that they'd keep the (relatively meagre, given their expenditure) levels of success.

Within their shaky financial model they won't have the same cash levels, the Rangers experience have shown that there are no white knights or major overseas investors attracted to Scottish football, and they have the timebomb of stadium development/replacement to contend with.

I think Budge has probably got one, possibly two at the most, smokescreen changes in management, before they start turning on her and demanding that they spend money she or they don't have. Then she'll be looking for payback on the loan and handing over to FOH as soon as possible. Then the real fun begins.

brog
19-02-2016, 02:32 PM

Juanma
Anderson
El Hass-what's his name
Pallardo
Oshiniwa

I agree re Djoum but I actually think Pallardo is a decent player if used correctly. Problem is Yams system always requires them to have a minimum of 2 cloggers in midfield. With the departure of Gomis & absence of Buaben Pallardo had to step up! TBH I wouldn't be surprised if Yams form falls away now, they're a one trick pony & their intimidation tactics can only work so often!

CraigHibee
19-02-2016, 03:31 PM
i concur, chewbacca must stay :flag::flag:

Diclonius
19-02-2016, 03:34 PM
I agree re Djoum but I actually think Pallardo is a decent player if used correctly. Problem is Yams system always requires them to have a minimum of 2 cloggers in midfield. With the departure of Gomis & absence of Buaben Pallardo had to step up! TBH I wouldn't be surprised if Yams form falls away now, they're a one trick pony & their intimidation tactics can only work so often!

Hopefully we've now instigated their decline, as we did to Aberdeen earlier (though they did recover).

Ozyhibby
19-02-2016, 04:00 PM
I think the first 2 seasons the FoH money went to working capital for the club , but after that it would be used to payoff Mrs Budge's outlays and lead to FoH taking control.

£1m on completion of the CVA
£1.4m 2014/15
£1.4m 2015/16
£2.5m in the 2/3 years after that.
Only when every last cent of this is paid are FoH given control of Hearts.
About 2019/20

FoH are bringing in about £1.2m a year which is fantastic but obviously those dates will need pushed a bit as it is less than they hoped for.

Keith_M
19-02-2016, 04:20 PM
Totally agree, he should be given a five year contract extension.

Diclonius
19-02-2016, 04:26 PM

At least it's not as bad as John McGlynn.

Keith_M
19-02-2016, 04:29 PM

They had McGlynn,
Super John McGlynn,
I just don't think they understand...

lord bunberry
19-02-2016, 04:42 PM
Stubbs owns the caveman and his puppet master FACT.

Super_JMcGinn
19-02-2016, 05:12 PM
Caveman coming up on STV shortly, apparently to tell the Hearts fans to get real :greengrin

HibbiesandtheBaddies
19-02-2016, 05:14 PM
The boy oozes Hertz class.

Definitely oozes something.

lord bunberry
19-02-2016, 05:15 PM
Caveman coming up on STV shortly, apparently to tell the Hearts fans to get real :greengrin
I wonder if he'll say that his team now has to live within its means and the days of spending other people's money to win derbys is over :greengrin

greenginger
19-02-2016, 05:24 PM
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;4592368]£1m on completion of the CVA
£1.4m 2014/15
£1.4m 2015/16
About 2019/20

FoH are bringing in about £1.2m a year which is fantastic but obviously those dates will need pushed a bit as it is less than they hoped for.

Certainly no funds in there for Budge's new Mega stand.

I wonder if they might try and bring in a developer to fund and build the new stand who would then recoup over 30 years or so of increased income from extra seats and corporate. A sort of PFI for the private sector.

The Chris Stewart Group already owns a bit of the footplate but could be a risky venture and a millstone round the Yams necks.

emerald green
19-02-2016, 05:24 PM
Any Hearts manager that struggles against Hibs is good in my book. :aok:

I agree, but they don't tend to last very long in their post. Did they not sack Jumbo Jim right after the 6-2 thrashing?

Off the bar
19-02-2016, 05:32 PM

I kinda miss John McGlynn and his unique fashion sense.

WoreTheGreen
19-02-2016, 05:35 PM
The rest of the Adams family are glad he's home

Smartie
19-02-2016, 07:52 PM
They had McGlynn,
Super John McGlynn,
I just don't think they understand...

:singing:

He's Vlad Romanov's man,
His dress sense is shan,
They had super John McGlynn

:singing:

Deansy
19-02-2016, 08:02 PM

There were more than one or two - 'That's it for me, until they get things sorted out, they can kiss my attendance and D/D goodbye' - statements on FUDBACK after Tuesday. Been saying it for ages. they've rode their luck since dubiously avoiding extinction but once they hit a bad-patch .................................

All their support under 40-45 have NEVER experienced a Hearts-team 'Playing within it's means' - it's going to be great to observe !

Bostonhibby
19-02-2016, 08:12 PM
£1m on completion of the CVA
£1.4m 2014/15
£1.4m 2015/16
About 2019/20

The FOH guys are being taken for a much more transparent ride than the one Romanov took them on, Jeez I will give them a fair few grand if I get a 6% interest p.a and a guaranteed share in the real development value of the land if they fail to cough up, No other assets are worth having but its a real pity Budge already sewed the main deal up, Suckers, absolute suckers.

McD
20-02-2016, 07:49 AM

Will ill they be allowed to play European matches at the PBS?

Not sure UEFA will be as forgiving as the council....so they'll have to pay to hire another ground....pretty sure st Johnstone said they actually lost money playing in the Europa league not long ago...what a wee shame :greengrin

Eyrie
20-02-2016, 10:00 AM

Not sure UEFA will be as forgiving as the council....so they'll have to pay to hire another ground....pretty sure st Johnstone said they actually lost money playing in the Europa league not long ago...what a wee shame :greengrin

St Johnstone's problem was due to the travel costs, so let's hope Hearts get a tie with a team from Kazakhstan or Moldova.

greenginger
20-02-2016, 10:58 AM

What I can find from the UEFA site is that for the first 2 qualifying rounds ,a category 2 stadium is required, a Category 3 stadium for 3rd qualifying round, and then category 4 is required.

What I can't find out is what category a Piggery falls into. :greengrin

hibee_nation
20-02-2016, 11:09 AM
What I can find from the UEFA site is that for the first 2 qualifying rounds ,a category 2 stadium is required, a Category 3 stadium for 3rd qualifying round, and then category 4 is required.

Is there a class ****hole they might just scrape into that

dchibs
20-02-2016, 12:36 PM

im sure its category -7.

SuperAllyMcleod
20-02-2016, 02:10 PM

I've been wondering if they will be allowed to play at all - I thought you got an automatic 3 year ban if you suffered a financial 'event'?

I assume that they can as no one in the media has even mentioned this.

Jack Hackett
20-02-2016, 02:22 PM
I've been wondering if they will be allowed to play at all - I thought you got an automatic 3 year ban if you suffered a financial 'event'?

I think the ruling is that you have to produce 3 years of audited accounts before you can enter

theonlywayisup
20-02-2016, 07:15 PM
I'm really disappointed that he is having such a bad time. It really does seem that everybody is against him, especially the refs! FFS his team dominated the derby from the 4th minute, but still couldn't beat a lower league team. Now they've been, unfairly, beaten by the team marooned at the bottom. I enjoyed that one!!!!

Neilson's quotes from the BBC website:

"We didn't deserve to lose the game," said Neilson. "We had a man sent off, a shocking decision by the referee. I have got no idea what he was thinking about.

"He plays the ball and for some reason [the referee] gives him a second yellow card and puts himself in a really difficult position. He sends another guy off at the end similar to Tuesday night.
"If the referee referees it properly and doesn't give the second yellow then I think we go on and win the game."
Neilson spoke to referee Kevin Clancy in his room at full-time but was unimpressed with the response.
"You can't speak to the referee, it's a waste of time sometimes," Neilson added.
"He just said in his opinion it was a second yellow, but my opinion was it wasn't. People watching it on TV will see it but at the end of the day he makes the decision and we just have to get on with it."

McD
20-02-2016, 07:16 PM

Wouldnt that just be hilarious :greengrin

Col2
20-02-2016, 07:18 PM
3 year ban in Europe I think is only for liquidation but I might be wrong. How funny would that be?

Billy Whizz
20-02-2016, 07:45 PM
3 year ban in Europe I think is only for liquidation but I might be wrong. How funny would that be?

And when we win the scotish cup, might put them in at earlier round as well

Andy74
20-02-2016, 08:18 PM

It might be but Id take being clear in 3rd in the top league just now to be fair.

green.and.white
20-02-2016, 08:22 PM
It might be but Id take being clear in 3rd in the top league just now to be fair.

This, some people seem to be getting carried away laughing at Hearts

Smartie
20-02-2016, 08:35 PM

This may sound mental but I'd rather be in our position right now than theirs.

Hoofball every week, out of the cups, a tricky financial future where they will have to work out how to build at least one new stand and a poor derby record.

vs

In one cup final, still in the other cup, carrying a strong title challenge which even if it ends up unsuccessful may end up leading to promotion via the playoffs, not lost in 5 derby games, infrastructure in place and requiring minimal investment going forward?

Obviously I'd rather be 3rd in the top league but imo that's all they've got on us at the moment.

Brightside
20-02-2016, 08:36 PM
The new signing to replace Sow is getting slatted on the forum....many calling for him to be sent back!

jgl07
20-02-2016, 08:38 PM
That is much what many have been saying on Kickback since last Tuesday.

Pete
20-02-2016, 08:44 PM

On a hibs forum as well. Mental.

Billy Whizz
20-02-2016, 08:49 PM
The new signing to replace Sow is getting slatted on the forum....many calling for him to be sent back!

Just shows you that the January window is not the best time to buy players

hibbymick
20-02-2016, 09:01 PM
Im giving Hearts no credit whatsoever, the state of our top league is the worst ive ever seen.

Thecat23
20-02-2016, 09:02 PM
We have shown that if we had to play teams from the top league we could more than handle our own. I'd honestly say we have a top 5 squad easily.

Hearts fans are right to be pissed off as they should be closer to second after that start they had. But the football is rotten and it's punt the long ball.

There is tough times ahead for them with trying to pay for a stand along with paying Budge back and then having money to invest in the team.

Overall Neilson for me has about 30% control of team affairs with Potter running the rest. The **** is starting to hit the fan with being out both cups and the season already over. They won't catch the Dons and I don't think they will lose third place although I'd love to see that happen.

Thecat23
20-02-2016, 09:04 PM
Im giving Hearts no credit whatsoever, the state of our top league is the worst ive ever seen.

100% spot on. The top flight is honking just now and we have shown we can beat anyone in that league. Could we do it most weeks? Yes!

Sir David Gray
20-02-2016, 09:04 PM
We have shown that if we had to play teams from the top league we could more than handle our own. I'd honestly say we have a top 5 squad easily.

Hearts fans are right to be pissed off as they should be closer to second after that start they had. But the football is rotten and it's punt the long ball.

There is tough times ahead for them with trying to pay for a stand along with paying Budge back and then having money to invest in the team.

Overall Neilson for me has about 30% control of team affairs with Potter running the rest. The **** is starting to hit the fan with being out both cups and the season already over. They won't catch the Dons and I don't think they will lose third place although I'd love to see that happen.

It would be beautiful if Ross County could pip them to third place. :greengrin

Thecat23
20-02-2016, 09:05 PM

Not going to lie, the smile on my face would be hard to wipe off!! 😂

Diclonius
20-02-2016, 09:18 PM

Normally I'd be saying the same, but we've beaten them recently so it's justified IMO. :agree:

green.and.white
20-02-2016, 09:29 PM
Normally I'd be saying the same, but we've beaten them recently so it's justified IMO. :agree:

Justified more, I suppose, by the way we brushed Dundee Utd aside with ease in the League Cup

Jack Hackett
20-02-2016, 09:31 PM

I'm watching their game on Alba now and they are awful....How we didn't get a barrowload of goals against this shower of s**** puzzles me. 3rd in the premier? Pfftt! Shows how bad the Premier is

Hibernia&Alba
20-02-2016, 10:10 PM
Some of our neighbours are distinctly unhappy with Worzel Gummidge, which is PLEASING! :agree:

Jack Hackett
20-02-2016, 10:37 PM
Some of our neighbours are distinctly unhappy with Worzel Gummidge, which is PLEASING! :agree:

Paranoia and infighting running riot on the multiple threads concerning him over there

One of my my favourites

Malinga the Swinga

Posted Today, 22:43
Yeah, give it a minute or so and the other rats will be around to add their wonderful comments. Most likely it is the same 10 or so people with more than one account, arranged through .net private board, to have some so called fun stirring up Hearts fans. Add to them the hard of thinking and mouth breathers, and it is party central time.

So there you have it....Please stop stirring things up :tsk tsk::slipper:

Hibernia&Alba
20-02-2016, 10:40 PM
Paranoia and infighting running riot on the multiple threads concerning him over there

One of my my favourites

Malinga the Swinga

Posted Today, 22:43
Yeah, give it a minute or so and the other rats will be around to add their wonderful comments. Most likely it is the same 10 or so people with more than one account, arranged through .net private board, to have some so called fun stirring up Hearts fans. Add to them the hard of thinking and mouth breathers, and it is party central time.

So there you have it....Please stop stirring things up :tsk tsk::slipper:

Those pesky Hobos causing trouble :greengrin. Poor guy is falling to pieces.

Bostonhibby
20-02-2016, 10:43 PM
I think the ruling is that you have to produce 3 years of audited accounts before you can enter
They should be okay then so long as the years are 1927, 1934 & 1952. Audited accounts may well be in existence for those years

Thecat23
20-02-2016, 11:00 PM
After Neilson saying "they dominated the game" I thought I'd check the stats.

Possession 50/50

Shots.. Utd 11- Hearts 6

Shots on target.. Utd 4 - Hearts 3

Corners.. Utd 8 - Hearts 3

Fouls.. Utd 18 - Hearts 15.

All joking aside why is he just lying? Same with Tuesday saying "they dominated from the 4th min".

The man is losing the plot he really is.

iwasthere1972
20-02-2016, 11:22 PM

Looking at the league table it's more likely that St Johnstone could beat them to third place if they could go on a good run while the Jambos couldn't buy a win. Buy a win. Now that would be something they've never done before unless anybody knows different.

lord bunberry
20-02-2016, 11:34 PM

Possession 50/50

Shots.. Utd 11- Hearts 6

All joking aside why is he just lying? Same with Tuesday saying "they dominated from the 4th min".

I'll tell you why, it's because he's a deluded hearts *******.

Mikey09
20-02-2016, 11:35 PM
Dunno if it's the man-flu drugs but I actually feel a tiny bit sorry for Neilson. He is a young coach being used as a front man for Potter and Budgie. He has no say in signings etc. When the hoards turn on him he will be punted by Potter and Budgie and another puppet brought in to be used the same way. Potter has THE perfect job for his ego.

truehibernian
20-02-2016, 11:48 PM

Possession 50/50

Shots.. Utd 11- Hearts 6

Anyone who thinks Neilson is behind their plight is losing the plot TC - Levein wanted Cowie for Dundee Utd and I think gave him his international caps - anyone who thinks Neilson picks the side or has a say in signings is ignorant from a Hearts persuasion.

We even scouted Sow for them......his sale pre derby handed us a psychological edge too, especially signing Stokes.

Levein = industrial football for seasons to come for them. John Souttar ?? If you spend money you'd get Spittal, not him - Hearts having Levein as their DoF will be their downfall so long may they employ him.

Mind the Boro scouts need their eyes tested if they want McGhee - he's one of the worst young players I've seen - utterly bemused at who has elevated his status to 'top youngster' - he makes Brad McKay look like Vincent Kompany !!

TAHibby
20-02-2016, 11:56 PM
Neilson's out his depth it seems, truly bizarre comments made after recent matches. Dominated today's game, did ye aye?

iwasthere1972
20-02-2016, 11:57 PM
Dunno if it's the man-flu drugs but I actually feel a tiny bit sorry for Neilson. He is a young coach being used as a front man for Potter and Budgie. He has no say in signings etc. When the hoards turn on him he will be punted by Potter and Budgie and another puppet brought in to be used the same way. Potter has THE perfect job for his ego.

Well perhaps if he knew that he wouldn't have a say in any of the signings etc and he was there just to be CL's puppet then he should have had the respect for himself and turned the job down.

As far as feeling sorry for him. No way. At least Gary Locke was more honest in his interviews when talking about Hibs and wasn't as deluded as Robbie Neilson. All this we dominated the game patter that he's coming out with all time is beginning to grate on me. Even the dumbest of Jambos can see what he is.

Deansy
21-02-2016, 02:25 AM

What I don't understand is the fact there's O (Nowt, F***-all, zero, nixie-pooh etc) posts on this article - you'd think that with Hearts being such a 'Big Team', the forum would be swamped with people interested ?. Even just one out of the 400,000, surely ??

SouthMoroccoStu
21-02-2016, 05:59 AM
We even scouted Sow for them......his sale pre derby handed us a psychological edge too, especially signing Stokes!!

Really? I didn't know we were looking at Sow!

Thecat23
21-02-2016, 06:27 AM
Really? I didn't know we were looking at Sow!

The deal was done until Butcher was sacked. Sow was offered to Dundee as well as another Prem team. But wanted to stay in Edinburgh and went to Hearts.

SouthMoroccoStu
21-02-2016, 06:32 AM
The deal was done until Butcher was sacked. Sow was offered to Dundee as well as another Prem team. But wanted to stay in Edinburgh and went to Hearts.

Huh - I didn't know that

Cheers Cat

3pm
21-02-2016, 06:38 AM

Good - he was pish!

Geo_1875
21-02-2016, 07:28 AM
Good - he was pish!

Would've been Butcher's ideal target man for keeper's goal kicks.

Danderhall Hibs
21-02-2016, 08:08 AM

Possession 50/50

Shots.. Utd 11- Hearts 6

Looks like a part of his problem is he can't detach himself from reality. Just imagine his video analysis - "boys you were barry on Saturday, I'm not changing a thing for next week, just keep being dominant"

Danderhall Hibs
21-02-2016, 08:09 AM
Huh - I didn't know that

Cheers Cat

:agree: Butcher confirmed it on Sportscene the other week.

Aldo
21-02-2016, 08:17 AM
Yeah I'd love to be sitting 3rd in the top league but at this moment in time I'm enjoying the ride we are on.

I want to be in the top league without a shadow of a doubt but we are building a very very good team when we win the league this season and get promoted.

Neilson or anyone associated with those roasters will never ever give any other team credit especially after a defeat even though the Stats prove otherwise.

I say let him and anyone associated with the club with NO SHAME say what they want. It'll make them look like even bigger Fuds than they already are.

lapsedhibee
21-02-2016, 08:18 AM
Looks like a part of his problem is he can't detach himself from reality.
:hmmm: :wink:

Ozyhibby
21-02-2016, 10:18 AM
Anthony Brown of the Scotsman going into bat heavily for Neilson this morning on Twitter. He must be under some serious pressure.

grunt
21-02-2016, 10:32 AM
Is it now acceptable for managers to openly criticise referees?
I thought this was frowned on by the authorities.
Perhaps it's ok for certain managers and not for others ...

Aldo
21-02-2016, 10:34 AM
Is it now acceptable for managers to openly criticise referees? I thought this was frowned on by the authorities. Perhaps it's ok for certain managers and not for others ...

Need. Some seem untouchable when it comes to this however the powers that be are making a rod for their own back if nothing is done and sets the standard.

Thecat23
21-02-2016, 11:12 AM
Looks like a part of his problem is he can't detach himself from reality. Just imagine his video analysis - "boys you were barry on Saturday, I'm not changing a thing for next week, just keep being dominant"

A problem most of their fans have as well.

Jack Hackett
21-02-2016, 11:29 AM
:hmmm: :wink:

I don't think he's spotted it yet :greengrin

Eyrie
21-02-2016, 11:44 AM

I wouldn't complain if they do that every week and get the same result each time.

GreenLake
21-02-2016, 05:41 PM
Potter will have been busy planning things out well ahead. Player transfers and training goals with everything to timelines plotted out on a Guntt Chart.

Springbank
21-02-2016, 06:34 PM
Looking at the league table it's more likely that St Johnstone could beat them to third place if they could go on a good run while the Jambos couldn't buy a win. Buy a win. Now that would be something they've never done before unless anybody knows different.

I'll be careful here and say "not saying Thomson would've said yes"...but if ever there was a man in Scottish football who would have tried to bribe a referee it would be Vladimir Romanov.

The kujabi red card and penalty looks like a nice little earner for a compliant official, from a distance

grunt
21-02-2016, 06:57 PM
Potter will have been busy planning things out well ahead. Player transfers and training goals with everything to timelines plotted out on a Guntt Chart.:greengrin