PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Cup QFs - TV times?

Diclonius
18-02-2016, 08:46 PM
Anyone know when we expect to hear who's on TV and who's not?

Can see the BBC/Sky falling over themselves to put on the OF snoozefest ties, so hopefully we'll get Saturday at 3pm. Can't see the game any other day. :aok:

3pm
18-02-2016, 09:04 PM
We'll be on TV if there are 3 games. Certainty.

DH1875
18-02-2016, 09:15 PM
Anyone know when we expect to hear who's on TV and who's not?

Can see the BBC/Sky falling over themselves to put on the OF snoozefest ties, so hopefully we'll get Saturday at 3pm. Can't see the game any other day. :aok:

Problem with that though is that there's 3 games on the telly. Our games a cert to be on the Sunday.

Malongoals
18-02-2016, 09:19 PM
Sky Sports have the rights to two games, BBC Scotland one. Both the Premiership and Championship have a full fixture schedule during the midweek before the 5th March, so I'd be surprised if any of the three televised games are put on Friday night.

If I was to put a bet on, it'd be Celtic v Morton at Saturday lunchtime, and then a double-header of our game against Caley Thistle and Rangers v Dumbarton/Dundee on the Sunday

Alfred E Newman
18-02-2016, 09:30 PM
[QUOTE=Malongoals;4591614]Sky Sports have the rights to two games, BBC Scotland one. Both the Premiership and Championship have a full fixture schedule during the midweek before the 5th March, so I'd be surprised if any of the three televised games are put on Friday night.

If I was to put a bet on, it'd be Celtic v Morton at Saturday lunchtime, and then a double-header of our game against Caley Thistle and Rangers v Dumbarton/Dundee on the Sunday[/QUOTE

No doubt our game will be one of the lunchtime games so as the Caley fans have to leave Inverness at 6 am .

Malongoals
18-02-2016, 09:32 PM
[QUOTE=Malongoals;4591614]Sky Sports have the rights to two games, BBC Scotland one. Both the Premiership and Championship have a full fixture schedule during the midweek before the 5th March, so I'd be surprised if any of the three televised games are put on Friday night.

If I was to put a bet on, it'd be Celtic v Morton at Saturday lunchtime, and then a double-header of our game against Caley Thistle and Rangers v Dumbarton/Dundee on the Sunday[/QUOTE

No doubt our game will be one of the lunchtime games so as the Caley fans have to leave Inverness at 6 am .

Definitely, anything that helps 'the People' make their game in comfortable time

Hero76
18-02-2016, 09:34 PM
We will be Sunday lunchtime or 3pm there's no way the weegie polis will allow celtic midday followed by Huns 3pm or vice versa .

Diclonius
18-02-2016, 09:37 PM
Certainly hope it's not Sunday - I'm away to Turin that day and despite the fact I haven't booked tickets yet, don't fancy getting in too late. :rolleyes:

SteveHFC
18-02-2016, 09:38 PM
Certainly hope it's not Sunday - I'm away to Turin that day and despite the fact I haven't booked tickets yet, don't fancy getting in too late. :rolleyes:

I've got another game that day and hopefully it's the saturday.

hfc rd
18-02-2016, 11:59 PM
I really hope it's a Sunday as I'm in Dortmund on the Saturday.

monktonharp
19-02-2016, 12:26 AM
Certainly hope it's not Sunday - I'm away to Turin that day and despite the fact I haven't booked tickets yet, don't fancy getting in too late. :rolleyes:Look, nobody else on here cares that you will be in Turin, in fact lots will say get tae France :wink: I, along with thousands of Hibernian fc fans, want our game to be on at fitba' time ala 3pm Setturday! However, I do recognise that the tv companies pull the strings these days thanks to erseholes in blazers.ICT fans have had a raw deal in the past, in respect of far too early KO's and having to travel too early/weather etc. we should be respecting that, although we want to empty them on the day.

monktonharp
19-02-2016, 12:33 AM
Sky Sports have the rights to two games, BBC Scotland one. Both the Premiership and Championship have a full fixture schedule during the midweek before the 5th March, so I'd be surprised if any of the three televised games are put on Friday night.

If I was to put a bet on, it'd be Celtic v Morton at Saturday lunchtime, and then a double-header of our game against Caley Thistle and Rangers v Dumbarton/Dundee on the SundayIf that were to end up the way it goes, it's easy to see who the real losers would be. Hibs fc v ICT. That Govan mob should be first, on safety grounds alone, less bevvy consumed therefor less greif but on the other point, the early travel required from the Highlands is hardly fair to either the team or fans. I want to beat them, fairly and squarely. if we cant, we don't deserve to be in the next round as we are HFC not to be confused with HMoFC:cb

DH1875
19-02-2016, 08:43 AM
If your getting the train down from Inverness on a Sunday I think the earliest you can make ER is about 1.30.

Gatecrasher
19-02-2016, 08:45 AM
Could be a Saturday night like the Hearts v Aberdeen game?

green&left
19-02-2016, 08:57 AM
If your getting the train down from Inverness on a Sunday I think the earliest you can make ER is about 1.30.

Hahaha you think the SFA give an absolute flying fk about that. The fixtures will be decided by some Sky director who couldn't even point to Inverness on a map!

renato
19-02-2016, 09:24 AM

That would be magic

Billy Whizz
19-02-2016, 09:32 AM

Good for us, maybe a bit unfair on Caley though

Danderhall Hibs
19-02-2016, 09:46 AM

What is fair for them? Saturday at 3?

Billy Whizz
19-02-2016, 09:48 AM
What is fair for them? Saturday at 3?

Would you fancy a 5.30 ko in Inverness

Blaster
19-02-2016, 09:51 AM

Be better than lunchtime Billy, no?

Billy Whizz
19-02-2016, 09:53 AM
Be better than lunchtime Billy, no?

Fair point, but would rather personally, get down the A9 in the light.
It's only 2 weeks until this game, would expect something today/Monday at the latest

Danderhall Hibs
19-02-2016, 09:54 AM

I'd prefer it to a 1230 ko on a Saturday or anytime on a Sunday. I'd also prefer it to a 745 on a Friday as well.

What do you think is the best option?

Blaster
19-02-2016, 09:55 AM
It's only 2 weeks until this game, would expect something today/Monday at the latest

Hope so, quicker we can get tickets on sale the better. Lots of tickets to be purchased in the next couple of weeks!!

Billy Whizz
19-02-2016, 09:56 AM
I'd prefer it to a 1230 ko on a Saturday or anytime on a Sunday. I'd also prefer it to a 745 on a Friday as well.

What do you think is the best option?

Saturday 3pm of course.
TO going to be really busy selling Cup final tickets and then hopefully a big crowd for this one.

Frazerbob
19-02-2016, 10:04 AM

Better than Sunday lunch time though. As has been mentioned, no trains or busses arrive in Edinburgh from Inverness (or Aberdeen) before around 1pm on Sundays.....which is a complete joke!

clashcityhibby
19-02-2016, 10:09 AM
so hope it's no the Sunday, promised me Ma I'd take her out for Mothers Day!! Saturday 5ish would be good.

Springbank
19-02-2016, 10:26 AM

Wouldn't surprise me if they announced it next week after all replays finished

Steve-O
19-02-2016, 11:17 AM
I would like a 7:30am kick off on the Saturday so it's 8:30pm here in NZ. No too much to ask surely?!

cloudy
19-02-2016, 12:43 PM
It's mothers day on the Sunday and my wife's birthday on the 13th. So if the game is played on the Sunday it may result in divorce

kaimendhibs
19-02-2016, 01:00 PM
3 pm on saturday or sunday please

Northern Hibby
19-02-2016, 01:00 PM
Hahaha you think the SFA give an absolute flying fk about that. The fixtures will be decided by some Sky dictator who couldn't even point to Inverness on a map!

Fixed that for you ;-)