PDA

View Full Version : Travel from Oban to Hampden

mghibs
18-02-2016, 07:05 PM
A friend of mine is wanting to travel to the cup final from Oban, however is struggling to find a way. Was wondering if anyone was traveling from there and able to give him a lift there and back? This would be very much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Pointer
19-02-2016, 10:09 PM
There was a fireman at the airport in 2012 who was a Hibby but I don't know if he's still there. Phone Dixie who's the receptionist and ask her. Sorry can't remember his name but could be Dave.

lyonhibs
19-02-2016, 10:19 PM
A friend of mine is wanting to travel to the cup final from Oban, however is struggling to find a way. Was wondering if anyone was traveling from there and able to give him a lift there and back? This would be very much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean apart from the 4 or 5 times daily trains/buses that run??

Sadly my son to be in-laws show no interest in football, let alone Hibs or I'd offer their services!!

offshorehibby
20-02-2016, 06:26 AM
You mean apart from the 4 or 5 times daily trains/buses that run??

Sadly my son to be in-laws show no interest in football, let alone Hibs or I'd offer their services!!

Lunch time is the first public transport out of Oban on a Sunday

lyonhibs
20-02-2016, 09:18 AM

Ahhh if it's up and down in a day then yeah, you're struggling.

Denverhibby
20-02-2016, 01:37 PM

Come the Saturday. Stay at the capital hotel in corstophine, get on the corstophine Hamden bus your sorted

NYHibby
21-02-2016, 08:44 AM
Come the Saturday. Stay at the capital hotel in corstophine, get on the corstophine Hamden bus your sorted

Or just spend the night in the city that the game is being played in...

- A resident of Glasgow

heretoday
21-02-2016, 10:22 AM
Get the train on Saturday. Stay over in Glasgow. Get next available train back.

When we were in Oban last summer we were told that they were considering scheduled flights at some point in the future from Oban Airport to Glasgow. Sadly, not in time for the final.

Tommy75
21-02-2016, 09:15 PM

Do you know if there are still spaces on the Corstorphine bus?

Denverhibby
21-02-2016, 11:38 PM
Do you know if there are still spaces on the Corstorphine bus?

He had a few left yesterday. Pm keiththehibby, he's the one running the bus.