PDA

View Full Version : Cup Top Up

Bighoose
18-02-2016, 07:35 PM
Didn't go for the Adult cup top up this season but I take it after Tuesday nights game, its more than paid itself.

Can anyone supply a breakdown of the top-up cost vs the price of the tickets.

Cheers

Weststandwanab
18-02-2016, 07:41 PM
Didn't go for the Adult cup top up this season but I take it after Tuesday nights game, its more than paid itself.

Cheers

It has been magic and another one to come

iwasthere1972
18-02-2016, 08:10 PM

Cheers

Oh please don't. Tried to get the CTU on the final day it was available but couldn't get through on the phone. Been to all the cup games as well.

Kojock
18-02-2016, 08:22 PM
We have had 6 home ties so far this season. Sevco, Petrofac. Montrose, Stranraer, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd League Cup and Ha Ha Harts in the Scottish with the ICT game still to come. Not bad for £50.

southfieldhibby
18-02-2016, 08:28 PM
Will have cost the club quite a wedge.

staunchhibby
18-02-2016, 08:39 PM
Yep been worth it this season.

Alfred E Newman
18-02-2016, 08:45 PM
£30 for the OAP version. When you allow for the cut price games in the early stages I had worked out that I was even before the Hearts game. So with the ITC game to come I reckon about £25 up.

O'Rourke3
18-02-2016, 08:56 PM

If there were 1000 CTUs then the club got 50,000 before the kick-off. Perhaps that gave the board enough money to re-sign Fonts, or create enough of a wage to,say, temp Darren McG to sign on? Then we go on a good run and fans drift slowly back. Then we start beating premiership sides and suddenly everyone starts to dip back? I think the club made it's money back with the last 3 cup ties....

3pm
18-02-2016, 08:58 PM
Fair play to everyone who took one. Everyone knows the rules.

Nice for some fans to get a good deal for a change. Wish I had taken it myself.

Diclonius
18-02-2016, 08:59 PM
Definitely not getting a CTU next season, we're guaranteed to go out in the first round of both cups away.

Alfred E Newman
18-02-2016, 09:49 PM
Definitely not getting a CTU next season, we're guaranteed to go out in the first round of both cups away.

If that happens we should get a refund.

Coults1875
18-02-2016, 09:54 PM

Surely the amount of money coming in from the number of cup games from non CTU fans etc overshadows the total amount not accounted for when fans that are lucky enough to have chosen the CTU attend each match? Let's be real here there is no way the board expected us to get this many home matches in both cups.

hibby6270
18-02-2016, 10:00 PM
We have had 6 home ties so far this season. Sevco, Petrofac. Montrose, Stranraer, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd League Cup and Ha Ha Harts in the Scottish with the ICT game still to come. Not bad for £50.

Early Bird purchase meant it worked at only £30, so even better value. Under a fiver per game.

Yeah - I know - doing the club out of much needed revenue but there have been seasons I've not bothered with CTU and still paid my way at cup games.

In a strange twist, this season's CTU seems to have made up for the last 2 seasons higher than could have been expected cost of full ST. Swings and roundabouts as they say.

Winston Ingram
18-02-2016, 10:01 PM
I'm really surprised more people didn't take it. Our 1st 2 fixtures were home cup ties

Ken
18-02-2016, 10:16 PM
I'm really surprised more people didn't take it. Our 1st 2 fixtures were home cup ties

Exactly, the Challenge Cup and the League Cup games were already drawn so the chances of it not being worth the money this season were slim to none.

I've decided all the money I've saved on cup top up this season will be additional money I put to HSL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
18-02-2016, 10:45 PM
I wonder how they'll price it next season? Obviously a big loss this year and we'll be guaranteed a set number of games in the new League Cup won't we?

Danderhall Hibs
18-02-2016, 10:46 PM
I've decided all the money I've saved on cup top up this season will be additional money I put to HSL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done :aok:

greenlex
18-02-2016, 10:50 PM
Always take it. Some I win and some I lose. Be about even over the piece.

CentreLine
18-02-2016, 11:09 PM
It is not possible to get a top-up without first being a season ticket holder. I have no idea how many people have it but let's work with the thousand at, let's pick an average figure £260 for the ticket. Then stick in, lets suggest £40 average for top-up. Then the figures start to stack up.
Some people seem to be Green with envy because a few took a chance and make up reasons why the club must be suffering some huge loss. I don't think the number crunchers will be too troubled by how well the contributions from STs has been used, nor the additional early revenue the CTU offered.
Well done to every supporter whether they have only bought a mug from the shop or gone to one or two games, right to those who contribute substantial sponsorship. Every one of us contributed something to the progress being made by our club.
But for goodness sake, I wish the noisy minority would stop finding excuses to moan about others and just get on with supporting the club

Where does it end? Do we greet about players ticket allocations, or the supporters who take corporate packages. Perhaps the players' agents or the press who get in free. The list goes on if you really want it to.

Pete
18-02-2016, 11:11 PM
It's got to be better value than the Tynecastle equivalent has been for the last four years.

Scouse Hibee
19-02-2016, 12:16 AM

It hasn't cost the club a penny, made them a lot of money though.

marinello59
19-02-2016, 07:28 AM
It hasn't cost the club a penny, made them a lot of money though.

Exactly. A win win situation.

mjhibby
19-02-2016, 07:58 AM
The cup runs have ensured we will make a sizable profit this season which will mean a lot when it comes to signing new players hopefully in the spl and ensure our time outside the spl hasn't hurt us financially as much as it could have.

Onceinawhile
19-02-2016, 08:10 AM
Why are people still complaining about this?

A few people took a gamble and won. They've lost in plenty other years.

They backed the club and deserve a few cheap tickets.

We'd have made a nice wedge on Tuesday regardless.

Hibee_Craig7062
19-02-2016, 08:27 AM
Think some folk may be shocked in a month or two if the club announce no CTU for next year. I feel that is a distinct possibility.

SeanWilson
19-02-2016, 08:32 AM

Half the gate on Tuesday was likely somewhere around 200-250k and completely unexpected revenue.

Cup top up gave the club say 50k up front, if for arguments sake those 1000 didn't pay the CTU and they were all adults, that's somewhere around 165k down (assuming they all attended and adults).

The club are financially up.

Gatecrasher
19-02-2016, 08:35 AM
The CTU is great, I have been taking hibs up on it for a few years now. when we are drawn at home theres no need to worry about ticket prices or anything, you just stroll up with your ST as if it were a league game.

Rangers £21
Montrose £15
Stranraer £15
Aberdeen £20
Dundee Utd £20
Hearts £28
Inverness £15-20?

Scouse Hibee
19-02-2016, 08:42 AM
Think some folk may be shocked in a month or two if the club announce no CTU for next year. I feel that is a distinct possibility.

Why? The club haven't lost money on the CTU because of the cup runs they have made money and plenty of it, I don't understand how people don't get that.

marinello59
19-02-2016, 08:54 AM
Why? The club haven't lost money on the CTU because of the cup runs they have made money and plenty of it, I don't understand how people don't get that.

I reckon the club will be heavily promoting next seasons cup top up on the back of the cup runs. It really has been a good news story, it can't be seen as anything other than that

Danderhall Hibs
19-02-2016, 08:59 AM
I reckon the club will be heavily promoting next seasons cup top up on the back of the cup runs. It really has been a good news story, it can't be seen as anything other than that

Obviously my (logical) mind disagrees that the club are "up" however I wonder what they'll do next year as there are a guaranteed number of LC games so if they have a CTU there may be a jump in price.

Danderhall Hibs
19-02-2016, 09:00 AM

They would've made more without it - I don't know how folk don't get that.

SON OF PADDY
19-02-2016, 09:28 AM

I personally think all CTU holders should be rewarded with a Free one next season.😝😝💰💰💰💰💰💰

Scouse Hibee
19-02-2016, 09:34 AM

Without what.......the cup run or the CTU? Either way you're are speculating and wrong.

CapitalGreen
19-02-2016, 09:35 AM

How do you know that? If Stubbs didn't have the extra money in the summer from CTU to bring in players we may not have had a team capable of beating 4 top league opponents?

SeanWilson
19-02-2016, 09:35 AM

That's not an argument though. It's hearsay.

You have no idea how many of those 1000 would have bought tickets had they not had the top up.

Im sure the club have people who are strategising, making sure we're in a win win with these kind of offers. At the end of the day, a cup run is a bonus for a football club, they can probably offset the CTU against the fact at least another 1000 fans will be buying tickets for any fixtures further than the two that pays for CTU... Any replay makes the club a mint and they get an extra 50k in the coffers upfront....

The argument against CTU is nonsense and I'd be very surprised if it wasn't offered again.

Scouse Hibee
19-02-2016, 09:41 AM

You have no idea how many of those 1000 would have bought tickets had they not had the top up.

Im sure the club have people who are strategising, making sure we're in a win win with these kind of offers. At the end of the day, a cup run is a bonus for a football club, they can probably offset the CTU against the fact at least another 1000 fans will be buying tickets for any fixtures further than the two that pays for CTU... Any replay makes the club a mint and they get an extra 50k in the coffers upfront....

The argument against CTU is nonsense and I'd be very surprised if it wasn't offered again.

Yep agreed, the projected budget would have been blown apart by the cup run, the factor of CTU's was already in that budget along with pricing strategy and everything else, the club haven't lost a penny on it they have made plenty, just getting those CTU through the door on cup match days would also have made money. The cost per head of actually getting someone through the turnstile has well been covered.

Danderhall Hibs
19-02-2016, 09:45 AM

Everything about this is hearsay - the 1000 all paying £50 is another bit.

I won't be surprised if it's offered again but I think it'll cost a lot more due to the guaranteed home fixtures next season.

SeanWilson
19-02-2016, 09:47 AM
Everything about this is hearsay - the 1000 all paying £50 is another bit.

I won't be surprised if it's offered again but I think it'll cost a lot more due to the guaranteed home fixtures next season.

Wrong, the hypothetical figures are hearsay... the fact the club are not financially down due to CTU and in fact, more than well up due to our cup run is FACT. :aok:

Danderhall Hibs
19-02-2016, 09:58 AM
Wrong, the hypothetical figures are hearsay... the fact the club are not financially down due to CTU and in fact, more than well up due to our cup run is FACT. :aok:

I accept I'm assuming that the attendances would've been the same if no CTU (it is only a max 1000 folk we're saying we would've been down per match). but I still don't accept that the club are up on this deal.

Words like "lost" and "down" haven't helped the argument but I still think the club would've made more if no CTU.

Blaster
19-02-2016, 10:02 AM
I accept I'm assuming that the attendances would've been the same if no CTU (it is only a max 1000 folk we're saying we would've been down per match). but I still don't accept that the club are up on this deal.

Words like "lost" and "down" haven't helped the argument but I still think the club would've made more if no CTU.

It's hypothetical mate. Without the upfront money from the CTU we maybe wouldn't have afforded a certain player and as a result no had as many games

Hibs have made good money from the cups this year and that's the main thing for me

FranckSuzy
19-02-2016, 10:09 AM
It's got to be better value than the Tynecastle equivalent has been for the last four years.

:faf:

This season was the first time I've taken the CTU and as others have said, when it was announced that the first two cup games were at home, it was a no-brainer. It can be a gamble but them's the breaks :greengrin

Kojock
19-02-2016, 10:30 AM
If we did sell 1000 CTU,s then the club has only 'lost' on 500 of them.

Lucius Apuleius
19-02-2016, 10:38 AM
The only game where it could be said the club "lost" money was the hertz game as these seats could have been sold. They could have been empty at all the other games.

SeanWilson
19-02-2016, 10:52 AM
The only game where it could be said the club "lost" money was the hertz game as these seats could have been sold. They could have been empty at all the other games.

However that isnt true, the bigger the gate, the more hibs are making. Take the hypothetical 1000 CTU's - say 2/3 were adult and 1/3 is child = 18,666 + 4,666 = £23,332 - half to hearts = 11,666 'lost CTU revenue'

The gate was 19500is so 18500 with same logic is - 345,333 + 86,333 = 431,666 - half to hearts = 215,833

No matter what way you look at it, hibs cannot be down on a cup run, unless our gate is ridiculously low for some reason.

Scouse Hibee
19-02-2016, 10:59 AM

But they were sold to people with CTU's so they never lost money at all, they made money from those seats too.

Scouse Hibee
19-02-2016, 11:07 AM
Hibs do the maths, look at the most amount of home cup games we can possibly have, decide the absolute minimum they need per head entering the stadium then set the price of the CTU based on a projection of how many we will sell.

Geo_1875
19-02-2016, 11:11 AM
Hibs do the maths, look at the most amount of home cup games we can possibly have, decide the absolute minimum they need per head entering the stadium then set the price of the CTU based on a projection of how many we will sell.

It's arithmetic.

Billy Whizz
19-02-2016, 11:13 AM
It's arithmetic.

No it's guess work

Scouse Hibee
19-02-2016, 11:13 AM
It's arithmetic.

Sorry to hear that mate, heard it can be pretty painful.

SeanWilson
19-02-2016, 11:19 AM
No it's guess work

LOL! its projection... they're running a business.

The main source of revenue is the customer. The business who's main source of revenue is the customer must try any way it possibly can to gain the business on a 'retained' basis. Offering a value for money addition to the value for money yearly subscription, may well both sweeten the deal for potential retained business, at the same time as adding additional upfront cashflow.

It's a great deal, rewarding the loyalty of the fans and ultimately a great deal for the club.

Geo_1875
19-02-2016, 11:22 AM
LOL! its projection... they're running a business.

The main source of revenue is the customer. The business who's main source of revenue is the customer must try any way it possibly can to gain the business on a 'retained' basis. Offering a value for money addition to the value for money yearly subscription, may well both sweeten the deal for potential retained business, at the same time as adding additional upfront cashflow.

It's a great deal, rewarding the loyalty of the fans and ultimately a great deal for the club.

Word for word what I was in the middle of typing..... :wink:

CallumLaidlaw
19-02-2016, 11:37 AM
Good to see this argument has cropped up again.

So do we think that when the draw was made and we got ICT in the next round, LD was sitting going "oh no, we've got to let those pesky Cup top up's in for free again"

Every round of the cup where we've had a home tie, the club have MADE money. That is a fact. And they ALSO benefitted from a certain number of Season ticket holders paying £50/£25 upfront at the start of the season which helped the club budget for the coming season.

As has been said, there is no guarantee that someone would have attended all the cup games anyway. I personally have missed the Rangers game due to my daughters birth and the Aberdeen game due to being away with work, so my seat, and my sons, were unused. The stadium was far from full for those games so it made no difference me not being there.

And yes maybe we'll see a slight increase to £60 but I fully expect the club to push their promotion of this with the fact that "last year fans benefitted from 7 home games in the cup"

Peevemor
19-02-2016, 11:43 AM
Apart from anything else, the cup top-up this year has been a great advert for the same deal next season. CTU sales will no doubt increase but the number of home cup games could easily fall (even with decent runs).

Swings and roundabouts, innit?

Brightside
19-02-2016, 11:54 AM
This has just got to be wind-up.
CTU is a gamble for those of us that do it. This year it has worked out well other years it hasn't. It secures additional funds for the manager. I suggest everyone that can afford it should buy it. Remember you have to buy a Season Ticket first tho eh.. :wink:

grammyb111
19-02-2016, 11:56 AM

Hearts don't do one for some reason, probably because no-one would've taken it based on the last couple years :greengrin

My missus and I were two of those who 'gambled' on the CTU, this year we 'won' next year we might lose. Neither of us made the Dundee Utd game, she didn't make the Stranraer one and it's likely I'd have not gone to that one either without having already paid for my ticket. It still works out as a good deal for us, but I'd also not be surprised if they made it more expensive next year.

My suggestion would be something like: Make CTU £60 and say that if we have less than three home cup matches CTU holders are entitled to one free adult ticket to a category B game. From there I'd imagine most ST holders would take them up on it and the club wouldn't lose out.

Scouse Hibee
19-02-2016, 12:02 PM
Hearts don't do one for some reason, probably because no-one would've taken it based on the last couple years :greengrin

My missus and I were two of those who 'gambled' on the CTU, this year we 'won' next year we might lose. Neither of us made the Dundee Utd game, she didn't make the Stranraer one and it's likely I'd have not gone to that one either without having already paid for my ticket. It still works out as a good deal for us, but I'd also not be surprised if they made it more expensive next year.

My suggestion would be something like: Make CTU £60 and say that if we have less than three home cup matches CTU holders are entitled to one free adult ticket to a category B game. From there I'd imagine most ST holders would take them up on it and the club wouldn't lose out.

NO, The incentive for buying the cup top up is already in place!

Danderhall Hibs
19-02-2016, 03:38 PM
Good to see this argument has cropped up again.

So do we think that when the draw was made and we got ICT in the next round, LD was sitting going "oh no, we've got to let those pesky Cup top up's in for free again"

Every round of the cup where we've had a home tie, the club have MADE money. That is a fact. And they ALSO benefitted from a certain number of Season ticket holders paying £50/£25 upfront at the start of the season which helped the club budget for the coming season.

As has been said, there is no guarantee that someone would have attended all the cup games anyway. I personally have missed the Rangers game due to my daughters birth and the Aberdeen game due to being away with work, so my seat, and my sons, were unused. The stadium was far from full for those games so it made no difference me not being there.

And yes maybe we'll see a slight increase to £60 but I fully expect the club to push their promotion of this with the fact that "last year fans benefitted from 7 home games in the cup"

I think you're looking at it in a different way. The club have made money but they could've made more is the way I'm looking at it.

Also I think it could be more than £60 as we're guaranteed a minimum of 2 (?) home LC games.

Kojock
19-02-2016, 03:51 PM
The CTU has been on the go for a few seasons now if it wasn't financially viable for Hibs why do they continue with the offer ??

19-02-2016, 04:00 PM
It's the gamble you take at the start of the season. Those who bought it this year are well up on the deal but other seasons you might get no homes ties.

CapitalGreen
19-02-2016, 04:00 PM
I think you're looking at it in a different way. The club have made money but they could've made more is the way I'm looking at it.

Also I think it could be more than £60 as we're guaranteed a minimum of 2 (?) home LC games.

Can you address the point that the added revenue during the summer allowed us to build a team capable of sustaining a successful cup run(s)?

It is the same reason the club offers early-bird discounts on season tickets.

Winston Ingram
19-02-2016, 04:05 PM

Half of the gate always goes to the away team. I'm not sure what happens with the share of the cup top tickets. On top of that, there's no guarantee that the people who bought the cup top ups would have attended the games without it.

Iggy Pope
19-02-2016, 04:13 PM
Always take it. Some I win and some I lose. Be about even over the piece.

Likewise. It's not that much of a punt and feels much better than handing it to Ladbrokes.
I can understand money being tight when people are doling out for the Season Ticket, but if it's affordable its recommended.
The club won't lose out. As someone said, the last few games have been payback for those that committed. If Arbroath or Stranraer had pumped us out (or Raith Rovers away indeed) then we wouldn't be having the discussion and CTU would be stuck in the cupboard until the next early bird promo.......

marinello59
19-02-2016, 04:20 PM

Using your logic the club are losing money on Season Tickets as they are cheaper than walk up prices. You have to consider the total price that people paid for a ST with CTU. Basically they have paid a bit extra for an old fashioned season ticket that covers all games as they used to do. The club has lost nothing.

stantonhibby
19-02-2016, 04:21 PM
Early Bird purchase meant it worked at only £30, so even better value. Under a fiver per game.

Yeah - I know - doing the club out of much needed revenue but there have been seasons I've not bothered with CTU and still paid my way at cup games.

In a strange twist, this season's CTU seems to have made up for the last 2 seasons higher than could have been expected cost of full ST. Swings and roundabouts as they say.

Was there an early bird offer for the CTU - I thought it was just a flat £50 ?

Danderhall Hibs
19-02-2016, 04:26 PM
Using your logic the club are losing money on Season Tickets as they are cheaper than walk up prices. You have to consider the total price that people paid for a ST with CTU. Basically they have paid a bit extra for an old fashioned season ticket that covers all games as they used to do. The club has lost nothing.

It's not that much cheaper to buy a st than it is to pay at the gate.

Danderhall Hibs
19-02-2016, 04:26 PM
Can you address the point that the added revenue during the summer allowed us to build a team capable of sustaining a successful cup run(s)?

It is the same reason the club offers early-bird discounts on season tickets.

How much extra revenue was it? Who did we buy with it?

It's a wee bit hypothetical isn't it? :greengrin

matty_f
19-02-2016, 04:30 PM
The cup top up is a win-win for the club and (sometimes) those of us that take a punt on it.
The club does make money on it, potentially they could make more without it, but equally they could make less without it.

Regardless, it has been fantastic value this season.

hibee
19-02-2016, 05:32 PM
I don't really think the club can have lost much money from this.

I've had a cup top up for as long as it's been available but gave it up last season, nothing to do with money though.

I didn't enjoy the season we were relegated for obvious reasons and began to dread going to Easter Road on a cold dark night for a cup game plus the kids have things on most nights so I gave up the cup top up. It was either that or just give up entirely!

When I was only buying for myself it was an easy choice but now that I'm buying 3 ST's it's more of a gamble especially if the kids can't make all the midweek games.

Glad I made the decision and stuck with the team though!

marinello59
19-02-2016, 06:30 PM
It's not that much cheaper to buy a st than it is to pay at the gate.

It's still cheaper so as I said, by your logic the club have lost money on every season ticket.
Did you get a cup top up yourself by any chance?

Alfred E Newman
19-02-2016, 06:45 PM
Is my CTU valid for the forthcoming cup final?

FranckSuzy
19-02-2016, 06:51 PM
Is my CTU valid for the forthcoming cup final?

:agree: Yes, if it's switched to ER :greengrin

Alfred E Newman
19-02-2016, 06:55 PM
:agree: Yes, if it's switched to ER :greengrin

:thumbsup:

emerald green
19-02-2016, 07:12 PM
The simple solution for anyone with a beef about the CTU is to buy one next season, along with a season ticket of course. But please don't then complain if Hibs don't get a home draw in the cup competitions.

DaveF
19-02-2016, 07:21 PM
The simple solution for anyone with a beef about the CTU is to buy one next season, along with a season ticket of course. But please don't then complain if Hibs don't get a home draw in the cup competitions.

Absolutely.

I didn't go for it this season but have been to every match bar the Petrofac one, so Hibs have made money out of me. That's my tough luck and Hibs good fortune. Fine by me, and don't see why anyone is grumping about it.

emerald green
19-02-2016, 07:27 PM
Absolutely.

I didn't go for it this season but have been to every match bar the Petrofac one, so Hibs have made money out of me. That's my tough luck and Hibs good fortune. Fine by me, and don't see why anyone is grumping about it.

:agree: That's pretty much how I see it DaveF. :aok:

HibsNutter
19-02-2016, 07:39 PM
We bought the top up and attended matches like Montrose, Stranraer to begin with. The attendance at the Montrose game was just over 5k. We may be getting value, but the ones who are really ripping the club for money are the fans who can't be bothered turning up to games like that and run of the mill league games. Shame on us for taking advantage of a deal advertised by the club that allows us to attend every game. :na na:

Danderhall Hibs
19-02-2016, 09:35 PM
It's still cheaper so as I said, by your logic the club have lost money on every season ticket.
Did you get a cup top up yourself by any chance?

Different debate but is a ST cheaper? 16 home games at £21 plus 2 at £27 (is that right) isn't much more than my ST.

It's irrelevant if I got the CTU - I'm debating about the club bringing less in than they might've.

Danderhall Hibs
19-02-2016, 09:36 PM
Absolutely.

I don't see anyone grumping either. Just offering a different opinion.

DaveF
19-02-2016, 09:45 PM
I don't see anyone grumping either. Just offering a different opinion.

Same thing :greengrin

Allant1981
20-02-2016, 08:40 AM
Different debate but is a ST cheaper? 16 home games at £21 plus 2 at £27 (is that right) isn't much more than my ST.

It's irrelevant if I got the CTU - I'm debating about the club bringing less in than they might've.

Its not really irrelevant, you are going on about the club losing money but if you have bought one then clearly trying to get a reaction from people, personally i think the ctu is great from the club. Havent bought one for years myself but may be persuaded after this year!!

blackpoolhibs
20-02-2016, 08:49 AM
Exactly. A win win situation.

:agree: We used to budget if my memory is right, that we'd reach the last 16 of each cup competition. :confused: Obviously with the final of the league cup to come, and a quarter final at least in the Scottish, money will be up this season. :top marks

Ringothedog
20-02-2016, 08:59 AM

The prices are 22/28,this would mean paying £408 as a pay at the gate customer, if you pay less for your season ticket then you are "doing" the club out of money,or is it just CTU' s that cost the club money ?

Every cup game Hibernian make a clear profit, the club are allowed to take 20% of the gate receipts as expenses, a further 5% of the gate receipts goes to the organisation running the competition,then the rest of the gate receipts are split 50/50.

Lucius Apuleius
20-02-2016, 10:48 AM
But they were sold to people with CTU's so they never lost money at all, they made money from those seats too.

Missing what I'm saying. I said " could be seen to",if I remember correctly. What I mean by that is if those with STs and CTUs had mused any of the previous games then it would have made no difference as there were plenty seats empty and unsold, whereas at the yam game it was a sell out so seats could have been resold. I know what I mean. 😋