PDA

View Full Version : John Doolan

hibees 7062
18-02-2016, 05:34 PM
See the state he was in on the Sky video . Different class :not worth

pedroorange1875
18-02-2016, 05:39 PM
Some managers coaches etc come here and do their best they can in their profession.
But sometimes we get coaches etc who do their best and get hibs..they become one of us...John Doolan is one of us...simply gets what being a hibee is

hibees 7062
18-02-2016, 05:42 PM
Some managers coaches etc come here and do there best they can in their profession.
But sometimes we get coaches etc who do their best and get hibs..they become one of us...John Doolan is one of us...simple

Can't remember an assistant manager show his love for us as he does

brog
18-02-2016, 05:52 PM
I met his best mates at Hoylake for The Open just after he'd taken the job. They said he was a great guy, hugely enthusiastic & despite the shambles they'd found on arrival, no goalie for one, he was confident they would turn things around. i won't go into personal details but he joined us to share AS vision & restore a great club, he certainly didn't join us for financial reasons!
Doing a great job & very popular with the players, just like Maurice Malpas actually! :wink:

Weststandwanab
18-02-2016, 06:03 PM
I met his best mates at Hoylake for The Open just after he'd taken the job. They said he was a great guy, hugely enthusiastic & despite the shambles they'd found on arrival, no goalie for one, he was confident they would turn things around. i won't go into personal details but he joined us to share AS vision & restore a great club, he certainly didn't join us for financial reasons!
Doing a great job & very popular with the players, just like Maurice Malpas actually! :wink:

Maurice who ?

hibees 7062
18-02-2016, 06:03 PM

Or Billy Brown

hibees 7062
18-02-2016, 06:04 PM
Maurice who ?

On the wireless now

The Harp Awakes
18-02-2016, 07:12 PM
I met John Doolan after the St Pats branch meeting a few weeks back. A top bloke who is clearly passionate about the club. He made plenty time to speak to everyone. :aok:

Benny Brazil
18-02-2016, 07:23 PM
When they did the Open training session at ER just after Stubbs and co joined the club my son was down the front getting autographs, John was standing a bit further back just letting the players and Stubbsy get photos taken etc so I shouted him over to get a photo with my son and he was brilliant - spent a bit of time talking to my son about football who he played for, what position etc - was really down to earth and happy to chat - can see why Stubbsy wanted to bring him with him.

davym7062
18-02-2016, 07:41 PM
He was right in front of us at the semi final he was running about mad when the goal went in!

Brightside
18-02-2016, 07:45 PM
When they did the Open training session at ER just after Stubbs and co joined the club my son was down the front getting autographs, John was standing a bit further back just letting the players and Stubbsy get photos taken etc so I shouted him over to get a photo with my son and he was brilliant - spent a bit of time talking to my son about football who he played for, what position etc - was really down to earth and happy to chat - can see why Stubbsy wanted to bring him with him.
He's a big fan of youth football. Loads of time to chat about it. Good man.

lucky
18-02-2016, 08:03 PM

Love wee stories like this. But what's great about Hibs just now there are lots

sleeping giant
18-02-2016, 08:03 PM
See the state he was in on the Sky video . Different class :not worth

What video mate ?

18-02-2016, 08:04 PM
Think his reaction sums up what we were all feeling on Tuesday. Keep up the good work John.

Cabbage East
18-02-2016, 08:09 PM
No link?

18-02-2016, 08:17 PM
No link?

Don't know about a sky link but on BBC highlights if you go to 4.30

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/35598951

hibees 7062
18-02-2016, 08:32 PM
What video mate ?

Sorry it's not the sky one , he's seen punching the badge jumping about mad . Trying to find it

See above post

hibees 7062
18-02-2016, 08:33 PM
Don't know about a sky link but on BBC highlights if you go to 4.30

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/35598951

Class that's the one :thumbsup:

FromTheCapital
18-02-2016, 08:39 PM
I made a thread about him a few months ago.
His entire attitude and enthusiasm towards the club is so refreshing.
Him, Stubbs, Andy Holden, Graeme Mathie and not to forget, Leeann Dempster are doing fantastic things at the club.
When Stubbs leaves the club, unless he decides to go with him, I would not be surprised if Doolan was offered the job.
He's never off the touchline and haven spoke to him previously, his football knowledge is second-to-none and he is completely down to earth.
I love the way that after both derby matches, he looked at the Hibs crowd and thumped the badge on his chest.
A top man and a proper Hibee :aok:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-02-2016, 08:40 PM
Time for a song? :greengrin

leithsansiro
18-02-2016, 09:31 PM
Looks every inch like a Hibs man. Salutes the crowd, hails the support and really seems like he "gets" us. He will, however, move with Stubbs if and when he leaves us for someone bigger.

Leith Mo
18-02-2016, 09:34 PM
Foresters Portobello all three flatmates been in a couple of times and always happy to say hello (without people being intrusive on them). Ooh to be a Hibee!

Benny Brazil
18-02-2016, 09:52 PM
Love wee stories like this. But what's great about Hibs just now there are lots

Agree lucky - its sometimes just small things like this that make a big difference to supporters and the relationship between the club and the fans

SMAXXA
18-02-2016, 10:12 PM
Can't remember an assistant manager show his love for us as he does

Hes not the assistant Taff is he's a coach

truehibernian
18-02-2016, 10:15 PM
Foresters Portobello all three flatmates been in a couple of times and always happy to say hello (without people being intrusive on them). Ooh to be a Hibee!

Do they still do filled rolls at the bar ? Used to play golf at Mussie and nip in there purely for the rolls and a pint !

monktonharp
19-02-2016, 12:10 AM
Foresters Portobello all three flatmates been in a couple of times and always happy to say hello (without people being intrusive on them). Ooh to be a Hibee!they're from that area at the moment:wink: and had a blether with them myself while trying not to be intrusive. all 3, would chat about football anytime to anyone. great guys, and just love what they are doing, along with getting results they want. big Taff is a character himself,built like a tank but a gentle giant. Mr. Doolan, is a scally with attitude:greengrin great guy

DAVE1875
19-02-2016, 04:38 AM
Time for a song? :greengrin

Doolan, pat the badge. Doolan, Doolan, pat the badge :wink:

tamig
19-02-2016, 07:14 AM
I made a thread about him a few months ago.
His entire attitude and enthusiasm towards the club is so refreshing.
Him, Stubbs, Andy Holden, Graeme Mathie and not to forget, Leeann Dempster are doing fantastic things at the club.
When Stubbs leaves the club, unless he decides to go with him, I would not be surprised if Doolan was offered the job.
He's never off the touchline and haven spoke to him previously, his football knowledge is second-to-none and he is completely down to earth.
I love the way that after both derby matches, he looked at the Hibs crowd and thumped the badge on his chest.
A top man and a proper Hibee :aok:

Nothing untoward but just wondering if George Craig was deliberately excluded from your list?

Eaststand
19-02-2016, 07:25 AM
I reckon GC's name is sometimes overlooked simply because he does all his (excellent) work behind the scenes, but he's another very important part of our well run football operation.

I've heard George Craig speaking a couple of times and he's another guy who very passionate about our Club, and he live's and breathe's football :not worth

GGTTH

AinsterHibs
19-02-2016, 08:40 AM
Do they still do filled rolls at the bar ? Used to play golf at Mussie and nip in there purely for the rolls and a pint !

Nah, it's gone all posh now.

Now it's craft beers, and wasabi nuts - the meals are great (if not a wee bit on the expensive side).

:flag:

FromTheCapital
19-02-2016, 11:36 AM
Nothing untoward but just wondering if George Craig was deliberately excluded from your list?

Escaped my mind, to be honest. Every single one of them is doing great things :aok:

Leith Mo
19-02-2016, 02:01 PM

Not sure as has gone a bit upmarket.Also I meant that our coaching team are flatmates not that I would have any lodgers in my house!

monktonharp
19-02-2016, 02:14 PM
Not sure as has gone a bit upmarket.Also I meant that our coaching team are flatmates not that I would have any lodgers in my house!never say never. money talks:wink: