PDA

View Full Version : James Keatings

FromTheCapital
18-02-2016, 12:56 PM
Was gutted for the lad after Tuesday night.
I was watching him at half-time, killing the ball with his first touch and firing balls across the park right on to another subs foot and I couldn't help but think "what a player he is!"
We've all seen his qualities this season, especially in his mini-run of form when he bagged 7 goals in a few games.
His left leg is an absolute beauty but he just seems really shot of confidence.
Personally, I would start him on Sunday against Alloa and hope he bags some goals because the lad is a quality player and he will be a great asset to have for the run-in if Stubbsy and the boys can get his confidence up and banging in the goals again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bracksy
18-02-2016, 01:01 PM
totally with you on this, as much as i dont care what the score was against that mob and the main thing is we went through but i was gutted for him when he missed that!

hes a good player and will defo get goals for us!
:flag:

Stevie Reid
18-02-2016, 01:02 PM
No doubt at all that he has quality. Things will improve for him.

California-Hibs
18-02-2016, 01:03 PM
I really really like him! As you say, some left foot! Would of been absolutely sweet if he had tucked away that chance right at the end, but I agree, start him on Sunday, the guy has proved already at is that he can score goals!

Ozyhibby
18-02-2016, 01:12 PM
I hope he gets it right but no way he deserves a start on Saturday. We can't afford to take any team lightly. It's up to keatings to earn a starting place and misses like Tuesday are not helping.

Bracksy
18-02-2016, 01:14 PM
I hope he gets it right but no way he deserves a start on Saturday. We can't afford to take any team lightly. It's up to keatings to earn a starting place and misses like Tuesday are not helping.

good job we are playing sunday then :wink:

Bracksy
18-02-2016, 01:15 PM

but also agree with your point, got to earn you place regardless of who the opposition is

The_Sauz
18-02-2016, 01:24 PM
He looked absolutely gutted at full time and when they done the lap of honour :agree:

The Sundance Kid
18-02-2016, 01:35 PM
John McGinn also commented in his post match interview that Keatings was very disappointed he hadn't stuck away his chance at the end. Now played 12 games without a goal so could really do with getting back on the scoreline to get his confidence back as the player we've seen in the last month or so is almost unrecognisable to the one who scored 5 goals in 2 games back in November

Onion
18-02-2016, 01:38 PM
He looked absolutely gutted at full time and when they done the lap of honour :agree:

Understandable, strikers live off goals and it was up there with one of the biggest misses I've ever seen at ER. He'll be having nightmares about that one for a while, just lucky it didn't affect the outcome.

StevieC
18-02-2016, 01:54 PM
I agree with most of what is said .. and would add that he is pretty good in the air considering his size .. but he was also murder in the game against Falkirk, so depends where he is played and what is expected of him.

Mikey09
18-02-2016, 02:00 PM
Would like to see him and Stokes play in the ICT game. Play him up front and you'll get goals out of him.

Waxy
18-02-2016, 02:29 PM
For the 5 minutes he was on he chased and hurried their defenders into poor passes just when thats what was needed.Pity he missed his chance but hey ho he's still a hero.

JimBHibees
18-02-2016, 02:33 PM
Just needs a goal obviously one of these either hot or cold strikers. Once he gets one he will be back at it, probably a dip in confidence. Was in early on Tuesday and was watching the shots and he was by far the best finisher in the shooting drill, looked razor sharp.

FromTheCapital
18-02-2016, 02:33 PM

Understand this view point as well mate.
Personally, I think Alloa at Easter Road is a game that we should comfortably win and I think Keatsy would relish the chance to get out there against them and try and bag a few goals.
I would not be surprised if he doesn't start though because like you said, he has to show Stubbs why he should be in the team.

JimBHibees
18-02-2016, 02:36 PM
Understand this view point as well mate.
Personally, I think Alloa at Easter Road is a game that we should comfortably win and I think Keatsy would relish the chance to get out there against them and try and bag a few goals.
I would not be surprised if he doesn't start though because like you said, he has to show Stubbs why he should be in the team.

Without being funny and dont want to tempt fate given their result last week however if we cant rotate some of the squad after a punishing run of games recently for a home game v Alloa when will we be able to.

FromTheCapital
18-02-2016, 02:40 PM
Without being funny and dont want to tempt fate given their result last week however if we cant rotate some of the squad after a punishing run of games recently for a home game v Alloa when will we be able to.

Agree mate.
Alloa is sometimes a tough place to go given the tight pitch and the surface but at Easter Road, we should be able to rotate players and give them a rest whilst beating Alloa with ease, in my opinion.

oneone73
18-02-2016, 02:49 PM
Jack Ross has improved Alloa no end - they drew with Sevco last weekend, remember. They will be no pushovers

J-C
18-02-2016, 03:25 PM
Alloa game gives us a chance to rest a few weary legs, there may be a reason Keatings hasn't played higher than this league, as good a striker he is he's still very inconsistent and goes through spells of being either top notch or god awful, maybe it's the top notch that's due as the god awful has been there for a good few games now, we need some goals from him again.

J-C
18-02-2016, 03:27 PM
Jack Ross has improved Alloa no end - they drew with Sevco last weekend, remember. They will be no pushovers

On their plastic pitch narrowed as much as allowed by the rules to cram the middle, I think they rode their luck that day, seemingly The Rangers should've scored a bundle, hit the woodwork loads of times.

theonlywayisup
18-02-2016, 03:30 PM
The positive about him missing was that, if he had, the Jambos didn't get the opportunity to leave early before SoL started. If he scored, they would have left and it would have been 1-2 minutes before the celebration ended and the match restarted.

One of the Pleasing things about Tuesday was seeing the maroon ones jumping over seats in a vain attempt to get out before the singing started.

greenlex
18-02-2016, 03:33 PM
At one point when he was warming up in front of the FF. He was telling the ball boy to take his time after the lad had hurriedly threw the ball to Akexander. Liked that.

brog
18-02-2016, 03:34 PM

I agree with this 100% I'd like to see a few of the fringe players given a game including the likes of Boyle, Keatings, Gunnar & particularly Carmichael. Re Keats, he was appalling at Falkirk, for some reason he was totally out of it but he certainly deserves another chance.

JimBHibees
18-02-2016, 03:56 PM
I agree with this 100% I'd like to see a few of the fringe players given a game including the likes of Boyle, Keatings, Gunnar & particularly Carmichael. Re Keats, he was appalling at Falkirk, for some reason he was totally out of it but he certainly deserves another chance.

Agree the guys on teh fringe should be absolutely bursting for a start especially with squad places in the final up for grabs.

Dashing Bob S
18-02-2016, 04:02 PM
Keatings will be back. One goal and he'll be off scoring regularly.

MWHIBBIES
18-02-2016, 05:25 PM
Would like to see him and Stokes play in the ICT game. Play him up front and you'll get goals out of him.He wasn't playing upfront when he was scoring goals for us.

TonyStokeprano
18-02-2016, 05:35 PM
correct me if im wrong but did we not miss a similar sitter at the end of the 2-1 derby ( butchers first derby) think it might have been heffernan

The Sundance Kid
18-02-2016, 05:39 PM
correct me if im wrong but did we not miss a similar sitter at the end of the 2-1 derby ( butchers first derby) think it might have been heffernan

It was Collins