PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been amongst the opposing teams fans whilst watching Hibs?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-02-2016, 11:39 AM
Have you and did we win/lose and what was it like?

Maybe you couldn't get a ticket for the Hibs end or you were going with someone that supports the other team.

I couldn't do it, if it was against Hearts, Rangers or Celtic... Couldn't keep my mouth shut! :greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
18-02-2016, 11:44 AM
Done it years ago at ER versus them. I was in the West lower(not to far from where I sit now) and I'm sure it was 3-0 to them before halftime. Left at halftime, utterly bogging experience.

CallumLaidlaw
18-02-2016, 11:47 AM
The only time I've ever done it, I was about 10/11. I was living in England at the time and my dad worked with a Rangers fan, so me, my dad, the rangers fan and his son went to Ibrox. I think it finished 0-0 and I was probably too young to realise what we were doing. Strangely tho, my son is now 11, and I dont think he could ever sit amongst the away fans.

It is something I could never ever do now. I'd rather rely on the radio than have to sit amongst the Hearts fans at a Derby. The thought of being amongst them if they scored genuinely turns my stomach.

I sat in a neutral zone at the 2013 cup final due to winning hospitality tickets and that was bad enough.

HappyHibby93
18-02-2016, 11:48 AM
Did it at Dunfermline about 10 years ago. My pals dad was the pars physio so we got to look around the changing rooms and stuff. Quite cool as I was just a laddie. 1-1 draw in the Scottish Cup. I do believe we lost the replay at ER. No surprise there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevie Reid
Once. Got comp tickets from a former Hibs player for Ibrox main stand in December 2006 when we were going well under Collins and Rangers were struggling under Le Guen. We were 3 down in half an hour. Never again - we weren't sat with the hordes of regular fans, but was still utterly horrendous.

HoboHarry
Sat in the Celtic end at parkhead when we drew 1-1 and Marc Libra (spelling?) scored. He should have got a second to win it as well and it was tough staying quiet 😀

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-02-2016, 11:53 AM
Sat in the Upper Deck of The Broomloan Stand @ Ibrox when we lost 1-0 to them years ago, I got sussed pretty quickly but managed to avoid any hassle by keeping them up to date with events at Tynecastle as Aberdeen pumped them 4-0 which reinforced Rangers league title chances. 24 years ago on 11th Jan 1992, scary how time flies.

GreenLake
18-02-2016, 12:01 PM
Been among the Jambos a couple of games but I don't remember Hibs scoring and still don't know if I would have been able to contain myself if we did.

MartinfaePorty
18-02-2016, 12:01 PM
Parkhead early 2000s when we were going well and away end sold out very quickly. Mate got sussed when the usual dubious penalty was awarded, but no bother, although getting humped 3-0 might have helped. Only other time I can remember was at East End Park maybe 5 years ago when got free tickets for the main stand and lost 1-0 to Dunfermline. Again, no bother, even though there were a few of us, but it's not something I'd like to repeat.

hibs0666
18-02-2016, 12:02 PM
Done it once at Ibrox and we got beat 4-0. It was horrible but I reckon I'd do it again in an extreme emergency.

HibbyScott
18-02-2016, 12:04 PM
Once year's ago against Livingston at Almondvale - we somehow managed to get hospitality tickets for the match.

We ended up beating them - from memory I think 2 or 3 nil, and a few guys from my school a few rows behind us were trying to get us kicked out! :greengrin

Richibee
18-02-2016, 12:04 PM
1991 League Cup Final v Dunfermline.
Non ticket so massive queues at turnstiles. Just as we got to the front they shut the gates. Friendly Glasgow bobby suggested we hide our scarves and run round to the Dunfermline end. Just made it in before the police at that end realised what was going on!

easty
18-02-2016, 12:05 PM
Sat in the home end at Falkirk and Dundee for Hibs games, years back now. For Falkirk I couldn't get a ticket in the Hibs end, cup game, we pumped them. The Dundee game was a freebie, sitting with a Dundee season ticket holder who had a spare ticket, can't remember when it was, or what the score was...

hibbycraig
18-02-2016, 12:05 PM
I had to do it a couple years ago at Inverness. Steward says I was too drunk and wouldny let me in. Got in their end for a 10er student ticket. We hot pumped 3 nil tho

gogs_t
18-02-2016, 12:06 PM
Did it once at Ibrox many years ago. Went through with my mate and some of his bluenose buddies. We were sussed pretty easily as we both jumped up when Jackie McNamara scored and a quick look around reminded us of where we were and that it wasn't one of our better moves!

There were a few grumbles from the bears around us but one of the bluenose buddies was about 6ft 6" and built like a brick ****house. He stood up and asked in no uncertain terms if there was a problem with his mates sitting beside him. The grumbles soon stopped but it was probably fortunate for us that they put 3 past us that day!

Greencore
18-02-2016, 12:07 PM
Lol, I got dared when I was younger to go in the Livingston end at ER. That was an experiance.. Hibs won and I acted angry but deep down I was smiling!

steakbake
18-02-2016, 12:08 PM
Pittodrie v Aberdeen some time ago now. Suntan Jimmy was their manager. We still had Fletcher and Riordan. Riordan scored a pen late in the game to make it 2-1. I was surrounded by absolutely furious Aberdeen fans because whoever the ref was that day, was having a complete shocker.

ALF TUPPER
18-02-2016, 12:09 PM
No cant say I have done that.

However, bless me father for I have sinned ..........

I went to Love Street on 3 May 1986. :greengrin

happiehibbie
18-02-2016, 12:10 PM
done it many times !

Rangers main stand ( spotted by Tam Mc Court and he seemed to tell everyone in the ground staff )

Hearts end Many times due to my friend you all love to hate never paid once tho !

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-02-2016, 12:13 PM
Sat in the home end at Falkirk Hibs cup game, we pumped them.

I was in the home end for that game too, forgot all about it, 1-5 :rolleyes: IIRC.

Kojock
18-02-2016, 12:14 PM
Went to hospitality at Palmerston when we played QoS in the Scottish Cup. As we were returning to the lounge after the match two guys started fighting you won't be surprised to learn that one was a Smeltic supporter and the other a Hun.

Stoney Hibee
18-02-2016, 12:16 PM
Have not done this as an adult but when i first started going when i was 6 my Dad would usually sit in the main stand no matter where the game was, I remember being in the Main Stand at Ibrox, Love Street, Pittodrie, both Dundee grounds, Muirton Park, Annfield (Stirling), Hampden (1980 SC Semi) to name a few.

I remember one of the first times i was in with the Hibs fans, it must have been early to mid 80's , we were at one side and they were at the other side and my recollection was of complete mayhem!!

Craigmount Hibs
18-02-2016, 12:19 PM
Pitoddrie 4 years ago - the season we just avoided relegation, when Dunfermline went down. The game was on a weds night and I got offered a freebie corporate ticket last minute, but didn't know that the only seats we could watch the game in were in their north stand.

Hibs were 2-0 up after 20 mins (Sean O'Hanlon scored - remember him?) and we went buns in the back of the upper tier. Natives not at all happy, but stewards just told us to "calm the celebrations" when we showed we had corporate tickets.

Game finished 1-2 and last half hour was like Tuesday night. Nae nails left.

iwasthere1972
18-02-2016, 12:21 PM
Twice and both by accident. :doh:

First time against Rangers at Ibrox in 1969 when I was only thirteen. Think I went by myself despite being told by my dad that I wasn't going especially against the Huns. Got to Ibrox, paid to get in and quickly noticed that all the other Hibs supporters were at the other end of the pitch behind the Broomloan goals. IIRC Peter Marinello scored first to put us 1-0 up and I gave a big cheer and whatever else you do when celebrating a goal. Got some scary looks from the locals especially the one with the tache. Didn't know woman could be so frightening. Had to celebrate twice more as the Hibees pumped them 3-1 in their own backyard.

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=78040

Second time was a home match against Dundee United just before Christmas in 83 or 84. At that time I wasn't living in Edinburgh (lived in Guernsey since 1976) and I just made it up for an occasional match. Went to Easter Road and paid my entrance into the Dunbar End not knowing that there was now segregation and it was the Dundee United end. All fenced off and I was stuck were I was. Think it may have ended 0-0.

Laurs
18-02-2016, 12:24 PM
Aw i have and it was terrible. My ex boyfriend was a jambo and as a birthday gift took me to the new years derby in the asbestos stand (hence the ex) hibs were 4-2 I was delighted then that wee weirdo Graeme Weir scored 2 to make it 4-4. I was about greeting. They really are a disgusting mob

The Sundance Kid
18-02-2016, 12:26 PM
Only time I can think of was at Palmerston Park for a Scottish Cup quarter final against Queen of the South under John Collins. Didn't get tickets for the away end but had family friends in Dumfries who got us tickets for the home end. We won 2-1 with Murphy scoring a 30 yard thunderbolt and Thomas Sowunmi scoring the winner and his only goal for us. Main memory was the home crowd being absolutely terrified whenever Sproule got the ball and shouting for the left back to take him out at every opportunity

Iggy Pope
18-02-2016, 12:29 PM
A few times under the guise of 'hospitality' but the topper was the 3 nil under Calderwood at Greyskull.
Got my team sheet signed by the full squad (thanks to Garry O'Hagan) and raised £100 for the Dnipro Kids when I auctioned it on here. Win/Win :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
18-02-2016, 12:30 PM
1991 League Cup Final v Dunfermline.
Non ticket so massive queues at turnstiles. Just as we got to the front they shut the gates. Friendly Glasgow bobby suggested we hide our scarves and run round to the Dunfermline end. Just made it in before the police at that end realised what was going on!

still pees me of to this day that a group of us had to go watch the game in a local boozer due to our end being full, thousands of empty spaces in the Dunfy end :(

marinello59
18-02-2016, 12:30 PM
Did it once at Ibrox many years ago. Went through with my mate and some of his bluenose buddies. We were sussed pretty easily as we both jumped up when Jackie McNamara scored and a quick look around reminded us of where we were and that it wasn't one of our better moves!

There were a few grumbles from the bears around us but one of the bluenose buddies was about 6ft 6" and built like a brick ****house. He stood up and asked in no uncertain terms if there was a problem with his mates sitting beside him. The grumbles soon stopped but it was probably fortunate for us that they put 3 past us that day!

1981 Cup game by any chance?
I went to that game on my own and despite having a Hibs scarf wrapped round my neck I was pointed towards the turnstiles for the lower Broomloan stand. When I realised I was in the wrong section I asked the stewards if they could just let me in to the upper stand where the Hibs support was.Being less than helpful they told me I would have to leave and pay my way back in. Being young and stupid I thought, stuff it, I'll just head to my seat, scarf still on.
Until we scored I was getting a pretty easy time of it. I got hit with more than a few pies when I jumped up to celebrate but I think we were 2-0 down by that one so it could have been worse. I dread to think what would have happened if we had won.

SuperAllyMcleod
18-02-2016, 12:35 PM
Twice - both against Celtic.

First time was with my Dad when the old Father and son gate operated in the South Stand. A League cup tie and we didn't realise that it was allocated to the away fans. Unbelievably, there was only one other Hibby in there and he was sat next to us. We know this as we scored first and he was the only one to jump up and celebrate. The abuse that he got when every one of Celtics four goals went in was pretty spectacular.

Second time I went to Parkhead with a Celtic supporting mate and had to stand in silence as Kano scored the only goal of the game - couldn't keep the smile off my coupon though [emoji4]

G-Reg
18-02-2016, 12:38 PM
Had to do it a few times.
1st time I was just a nipper and it was Hibs v Celtic game at ER in the 80's. a family friend (celtic fan) took me along as my dad wasn't well I can't remember the score but I know we put the ball in the net because I got a clip round the ear for celebrating.

I was a guest at a corporate table for the derby when Kevin Kyle scored at the death it was horrible I made sure I opened all the bottles of wine at the table even though nobody was drinking them.

Had to sit in the Falkirk shed type gazebo thing a few years ago too because I missed out on an away ticket turned out the random next to me had done the same.

Last season at the 2-0 win at Ibrox I couldn't get a ticket for the away end so me and another hibs mate sat in their end, when the 1st goal went in I jumped up but masked my celebration with a shout of "we're better than this lot COME ON"

Greencore
18-02-2016, 12:38 PM
Aw i have and it was terrible. My ex boyfriend was a jambo and as a birthday gift took me to the new years derby in the asbestos stand (hence the ex) hibs were 4-2 I was delighted then that wee weirdo Graeme Weir scored 2 to make it 4-4. I was about greeting. They really are a disgusting mob

A friend of mine (hibby) went in the hertz end for this game (couldn't get a ticket for the hibs end) and when we went 4-2 up he said **** it and started celebrating. They scored the 4th and dog piled on him.....

The Gorf
18-02-2016, 12:39 PM
Took my son when he was small to Pittodrie. Asked a steward if there was a family stand and proceeded to go to it. Couldn't understand why all the Hibees were in another stand and then suddenly we looked all around us. Red everywhere. We won by the way. Must have been the mid nineties.

JimBHibees
18-02-2016, 12:40 PM
Can remember going into the Dunbar end for a Rangers game just after we won the League cup in 91. Was a league game and came up from college at the last minute with a Killie fan so went in there as couldnt get tickets for Hibs end. Not a pleasant experience and even more so when Hibs dominated the first half and Goram made an amazing save from Wright, could feel myself jumping up. Rangers went on to win 3-0 but never again.

JimBHibees
18-02-2016, 12:45 PM
Can remember going into the Dunbar end for a Rangers game just after we won the League cup in 91. Was a league game and came up from college at the last minute with a Killie fan so went in there as couldnt get tickets for Hibs end. Not a pleasant experience and even more so when Hibs dominated the first half and Goram made an amazing save from Wright, could feel myself jumping up. Rangers went on to win 3-0 but never again.

Another time was went to a game at Parkhead v Celtic it was meant to be the last game that McStay was playing and ended up in the jungle with 2 college mates who were Celtic fans. Hibs won 2-1 I think with pretty sure Kane and Evans scoring. Managed to keep under cover but big smile at the end.

s2hart
18-02-2016, 12:49 PM
A guy I used to work with was a season ticket holder at Ibrox, he had a spare ticket for the game at Easter Road(2-1 I think, Kevin Harper scored the winner) I was too late to get a ticket so took him up on his offer, never again, they really are a bunch of knuckle draggers, I was near the back of the old uncovered seated Dunbar end but what a sight seeing the 3 full stands jumping at the winner. I quickly tried to leave at the end as they where all starting to fight amongst themselves, as I got out it was kicking off outside, with bricks and all sorts flying, one of the barriers was knocked over so quickly legged it in to the Hibs crowd, lucky I knew a few boys in the front row before I got accused of being a hun. An experience I couldn't do again!!

gogs_t
18-02-2016, 12:50 PM
1981 Cup game by any chance?
I went to that game on my own and despite having a Hibs scarf wrapped round my neck I was pointed towards the turnstiles for the lower Broomloan stand. When I realised I was in the wrong section I asked the stewards if they could just let me in to the upper stand where the Hibs support was.Being less than helpful they told me I would have to leave and pay my way back in. Being young and stupid I thought, stuff it, I'll just head to my seat, scarf still on.
Until we scored I was getting a pretty easy time of it. I got hit with more than a few pies when I jumped up to celebrate but I think we were 2-0 down by that one so it could have been worse. I dread to think what would have happened if we had won.

That's the one. To this day I've no idea why we went in with his Ranger buddies even though they said we'd be okay sitting with them - and to be honest they were right. But only because they won!

Mark79
18-02-2016, 12:55 PM
Kevin harpers last game for us at St Johnstone. Queues getting in midweek and I sat down only to realise it was mixed seating for some reason.

Craig_HFC
18-02-2016, 01:10 PM
I was in the home end for that game too, forgot all about it, 1-5 :rolleyes: IIRC.

Yep, I was in the home end too. Couldn't get a ticket for our end.

I was in the wee gazebo stand they used to have behind the goals.

kaimendhibs
18-02-2016, 01:16 PM
Was in the Gazebo for cup game at Falkirk. Beat them 5-1 I think, first goal deek thru goalies legs

Geo_1875
18-02-2016, 01:19 PM
I was in the Celtc end for the 72 cup final. We got there late and just followed the crowd in green.

Used to go to the Jungle at Parkhead in the mid-70s with a crowd from college. Worst was the abandoned game in 75 when we were 2-0 up.

JimBHibees
18-02-2016, 01:22 PM
I was in the Celtc end for the 72 cup final. We got there late and just followed the crowd in green.

Used to go to the Jungle at Parkhead in the mid-70s with a crowd from college. Worst was the abandoned game in 75 when we were 2-0 up.

Cant remember there being ends as it was just pay at the gate and go where you want. 106k crowd can remember it being a bit quiet when Hibs scored, made a few coins as was a kid as the Celtic fans around us nicely/patronisingly (take your pick) gave me a few coins whenever Celtic scored.

Geo_1875
18-02-2016, 01:29 PM
Cant remember there being ends as it was just pay at the gate and go where you want. 106k crowd can remember it being a bit quiet when Hibs scored, made a few coins as was a kid as the Celtic fans around us nicely/patronisingly (take your pick) gave me a few coins whenever Celtic scored.

The traditional Celtc/Rangers ends of Hampden applied in those days but no segregation.

StewMartin
18-02-2016, 01:30 PM
Was in the Hearts end for the Millenium Derby which was rather pleasing. Got complimentary ticket from Gary Locke (who is actually a top bloke) knowing I was a big Hibby! Enjoyed the after match banter with Michael O'Neil in the Players Lounge who was a guest of Darren Jackson (who played with them at the time) though tried hard to keep the smirk off his face!

Dashing Bob S
18-02-2016, 01:32 PM
Tynecastle, Ibrox, Pittodrie, Dens, East End Park. Fun when winning, ugly when losing.

hibees 7062
18-02-2016, 01:38 PM
Done it once at Ibrox and we got beat 4-0. It was horrible but I reckon I'd do it again in an extreme emergency.

Same , we drew 1 - 1 and my partner got a bottle on her head when we scored

LustForLeith
18-02-2016, 01:53 PM
Never supporting HIbs but spent a period of time working at football games at Tynie where I had to sit in amoungst the fans.

I remember a midweek game against Motherwell where they went onto win but Stephen Hughes scored a screamer of a goal for Well that I may have jumped up and celebrated.

portycabbage
18-02-2016, 02:00 PM

4-4 game was my first time in the PBS!

I once went in the home end at St Johnstone, pretty tame really, one woman behind me kept squeaking "c'mon sainties" every 2 mins, and Tony Rougier equalised from the spot at the end.

Ringothedog
18-02-2016, 02:04 PM
Done it against Dundee United twice, Celtic, Rangers and Falkirk. Each and every time our end was sold out.

PeeKay
18-02-2016, 02:18 PM
Ah, you youngsters! When I first started going to ER there was no segregation and it was quite common to be amongst opposing fans whilst watching Hibs. I only once felt in any danger - at a game against Celtic, and following a game surrounded by huns my mate found his cagoule pocket filled with p!ss. He hadn't noticed in the crush.
I was surrounded by yams at the 0-7 game (well, until they starting drifting away) and that was the best experience of my life!

tamig
18-02-2016, 02:18 PM
At Ibrox in the mid-90s. There was a mess up getting tickets from ER so a guy working in the weej got us tickets for the Broomloan Road stand. Not a pleasant experience. There were four of us and we were all called Billy for the day. We lost the game 2-0 so there was no real test for us - other than sitting on our erses when oldhun scored. 😳

CRAZYHIBBY
18-02-2016, 02:29 PM
I went in the wrong end at a dunfermline game during the early 2000s.....me and a mate were there for the first time and we were late.....we saw a crowd of hibs fans going into the stadium and just followed them. .....turned out it was hibs casuals and it was the home stand. We sat for the whole match surrounded by police telling us to sit down and shut up......think it was a draw

magnificent_seven
18-02-2016, 02:43 PM
Done it a few times, never seen us win. First time was at Ibrox when we got beat 4-0, a couple of weeks before the 2001 final. Sat with my dads mate in the club deck. Showed him up a few times during the game! Done it again at Ibrox for a Scottish Cup game, we got beat 1-0 and I was in the Govan rear. Worked in Glasgow and decided just to go in the Rangers end last minute. Honestly thought I would have been killed if they knew I was a Hibs fan. The last time was against Celtic, again a last minute choice to go to the game. I think it was Jason Cummings debut and we got beat 1-0 iirc. Absolutely lashed it down and hit soaked sitting in the Celtic stand behind the goals. So my record is 3 games, 3 defeats, scored none and conceded 6!

Flynn
18-02-2016, 02:51 PM
I'm a carer and a few years ago I took one of my favourite clients to see Hibs v Rangers. We got beat 3-0 and had to endure a lot of Sectarian songs and general sub human behaviour.

I love the guy to bits but I told him I could never do that again. Was bloody awful.

I also support a young Hearts fan. One of the first things I said to him when we first met was that I can never take him to a derby. I did see them beat Motherwell near the start of the season, though.

MM19
18-02-2016, 03:07 PM
My husband and me ended up in the main stand at Ibrox when Joe Harper scored the winner about 1975. It was really difficult no to jump up when we scored. Just had to sit with big smiles on our faces.

HibbyDave
18-02-2016, 03:24 PM
Felt like being in the away end when I just watched the "Periscope" thread from the Hurts fans end.....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

bigwheel
18-02-2016, 03:25 PM
My husband and me ended up in the main stand at Ibrox when Joe Harper scored the winner about 1975. It was really difficult no to jump up when we scored. Just had to sit with big smiles on our faces.

there wasn't really any segregation in those days...typically at that time Hibs fans would be mingling with the locals in the enclosure below the main stand ...unthinkable now

Brizo
18-02-2016, 03:31 PM

First time was with my Dad when the old Father and son gate operated in the South Stand. A League cup tie and we didn't realise that it was allocated to the away fans. Unbelievably, there was only one other Hibby in there and he was sat next to us. We know this as we scored first and he was the only one to jump up and celebrate. The abuse that he got when every one of Celtics four goals went in was pretty spectacular.

Second time I went to Parkhead with a Celtic supporting mate and had to stand in silence as Kano scored the only goal of the game - couldn't keep the smile off my coupon though [emoji4]

I was at that game as well , maybe 84 or 85 ? Was sat in the lower tier of the Celtic main stand and leapt out my seat when Kano scored only to realise I was the only person celebrating. Got a few strange looks but no abuse... no doubt would have been a whole different story if id been in the Jungle:greengrin

MM19
18-02-2016, 03:31 PM
there wasn't really any segregation in those days...typically at that time Hibs fans would be mingling with the locals in the enclosure below the main stand ...unthinkable now

I know we went to all the away games in the early 70s but we weren't in the enclosure but in the actual seats and it was all huns round us. They started arguing with each other when Harper scored. When we played them in the League cup at Ibrox we were at the top of the main terracing when Alex Cropley scored the winner. Think there was 80,000 there that night. We had won the first leg so a draw would have done us. We were surrounded by huns in that game too.

Tom Hart RIP
18-02-2016, 04:31 PM
Was the the lower section of the old/current stand at tynie at the Gordon Hunter game. Limited number of Hibs tickets available due to construction issues. I hadn't missed a derby in 25 years and had been at every one of the 22 in a row. Lots of Hibs fans did the same bit were thrown out when they were found out for cheering. I kept quiet. The Hwarts fans were raging at full time. I then walked round to Gorgie Road where I met up with the Hibs fans and went mental. Enormous weight off our shoulders.

Tom Hart RIP
18-02-2016, 04:34 PM

Me and my mate sneaked off work and went to the Kano game where we ended up in the main stand near the corner flag. Every time we got a corner we hid our faces in case boss saw us on television. P

LaMotta
18-02-2016, 04:36 PM
Sproule Hat-trick game at Ibrox in the Govan Stand- it was class!

Bishop Hibee
18-02-2016, 04:43 PM
Only time I've done it was at Pittodrie 1985/6 season. We were on an 11 game unbeaten run so made a weekend of it visiting a mate at uni up there. Me, him and his now wife, all Hibbys, went in the home end with a few of his Dons supporting pals. We got pumped 4-0 and Neil Cooper conned the ref into getting Gordon Durie sent off. Never again!

mim
18-02-2016, 04:45 PM
Raith Rovers cup tie at ER. I live in Kirkcaldy and got a couple of freebie tickets from the Sponsor. Not a problem, cos we would win anyway. Sneaked out at 3-2 down ☹

ACLeith
18-02-2016, 04:48 PM
2006-7 Scottish Cup quarter final v QOS at Palmerston, we won 2-1. Standing behind the goal. Even though on best behaviour, some round about were suspicious, but there was no problem with them at all. The game was given away though when Boozy was getting booked for a foul and the QOS supporter I was with - and who had got me a ticket as our stand was sold out - turned and asked me who the Hibs player was!

But although QOS fans are just as passionate about their team as we are, there is a world of difference between that experience and being in with certain other sets of fans! Hopefully I fall off my perch before I ever have to experience that :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
18-02-2016, 05:01 PM
Cant remember the year, but it was when they were rebuilding Ibrox. Our bus broke down outside the boozer and we didn't get to the ground till about half time .... it turned out what would have been the away end was now the preserve of the knuckle draggers .... I was so pissed from the extended stay in the pub that health & safety had gone oot the windae, I stood there, scarf on shouting c'mon Hibs. They must have thought I was mentally deranged because I didn't get a kicking :greengrin

The 2nd time we broke down at the Forth bridge on the way to Tannadice so me & my mate went to Tynecastle to watch Aberdeen play the Yams, it was all good fun watching them getting pumped until my mate pointed out my Hibs scarf which had unwound from under my jumper and was hanging down to my knees ..... luckily nobody else noticed :greengrin

O'Rourke3
18-02-2016, 05:58 PM
3 times.

1) Away at Aberdeen in the 1-1 draw in their Championship and our relegation season 1980. I was at Uni in Eberdeen and simply went to the wrong end with a mate. Only really noticed when we jumped up going in front and no-one else did. No problems though. Andy Watson scored a raker of an equaliser in that game for them so I imagined that was the player we were getting a few years later......

2)SC Semi at Hampden versus Livvy. Wasn't sure I'd be able to go till the day before. Had planned to get in to Edinburgh on the morning to get a ticket and a bus. Woke up to find the hamster was deid and had to do a quiet burial and tidy up before the bairn got back. So had to run to Almondvale and sort it out there. Early goal was great, able to sit on hands after that without drawing attention. Could not make the final so didn't miss out on a voucher.....

3) Darren Jackson penalty at Ayebrokes. Mate's works debenture seats. Great view of the game. Some real unconstructed individuals in suits and ties in the club deck. Again easy to sit on hands.... Big grin going home too :wink:

Sir David Gray
18-02-2016, 06:04 PM
The disabled section in the old west stand at Easter Road used to be mixed and that was bad enough. I have never sat in the opposition's end at a game though and I never will.

Hillsidehibby
18-02-2016, 06:27 PM
Tynecastle. New Year Derby with mates. Beat 2-0 Worst experience ever listening to the deluded ar$eholes.

Parkhead. Cup tie. 0-0 Was fine until my mate started responding to comments about Hibs.Mickey Weir in particular. Lucky to not get a doing. Casuals saved us that day.

Pittodrie. Got beat 4-0. Hibs scarves on. Got slagged to **** but no hassle.

Ibrox. 1-1. Ibrox was being rebuilt. We jumped up when Arthur Duncan scored, surprisingly didn't get any bother.

KWJ
18-02-2016, 06:36 PM
Forthbank with a load of other Hibees as we beat Stirling Albion in the Scottish Cup during the foggy match on the run to the 2000 Final. Had nae idea what was going on. Some Albion fans in suits were not best pleased.

Lago
18-02-2016, 06:40 PM
Railway stand at Starks Park, boy was it hard literally had to sit on my hands and make disappointing sounds when Hibs scored.

Killiehibbie
18-02-2016, 06:43 PM
Tynecastle, Tannadice, Pittodrie, Ibrox quite a few times, Parkhead and a couple of League Cup finals.

Hillsidehibby
18-02-2016, 06:50 PM
Tynecastle. New Year Derby with mates. Beat 2-0 Worst experience ever listening to the deluded ar$eholes.

Parkhead. Cup tie. 0-0 Was fine until my mate started responding to comments about Hibs.Mickey Weir in particular. Lucky to not get a doing. Casuals saved us that day.

Pittodrie. Got beat 4-0. Hibs scarves on. Got slagged to **** but no hassle.

Ibrox. 1-1. Ibrox was being rebuilt. We jumped up when Arthur Duncan scored, surprisingly didn't get any bother.

All in the 80's when I was younger and daft. Would never do it these days!!

Jim44
18-02-2016, 06:53 PM
Tynecastle, Tannadice, Pittodrie, Ibrox quite a few times, Parkhead and a couple of League Cup finals.

When I was about 9 years old (many moons ago ) my dad, a real Hibby worked at sea and rarely ever got to the football. My uncle was a real Jambo and used to take me to Tynecastle every other week with my Jambo cousin. Little did my uncle know that my dad had brainwashed me into being a Hibby and I had to pretend to clap enthusiastically for them. When my old man got a job ashore two or three years later, I had to sheepishly tell my uncle where my alliegence lay. Being a rare breed, a decent Jambo, he said he felt sorry for me, that I would regret it for the rest of my life but wished me well in my life-sentence of supporting Hibs.

Killiehibbie
18-02-2016, 06:54 PM
All in the 80's when I was younger and daft. Would never do it these days!!Much safer doing it now than back then, maybe because i'm not young anymore.

Benny Brazil
18-02-2016, 06:56 PM
Done it once at Ibrox, round about the time Gazza joined them, went through with mates on the off chance we could get tickets for the Hibs section - we all ended up in different parts of the ground - I was in amongst the Huns on my jack jones at the bottom of the Broomloan - worst experience of my life - had a huge fat sweaty Hun beside me who kept hugging me everytime the Huns scored (think we got beat 3 or 4 nil).
Never been back to Ibrox since.

JoeTortolanoFanClub
18-02-2016, 06:57 PM
Millwall v Hibs. Pre-season "friendly" at the old Den. 1990 I think. Horrible.

Killiehibbie
18-02-2016, 07:02 PM
When I was about 9 years old (many moons ago ) my dad, a real Hibby worked at sea and rarely ever got to the football. My uncle was a real Jambo and used to take me to Tynecastle every other week with my Jambo cousin. Little did my uncle know that my dad had brainwashed me into being a Hibby and I had to pretend to clap enthusiastically for them. When my old man got a job ashore two or three years later, I had to sheepishly tell my uncle where my alliegence lay. Being a rare breed, a decent Jambo, he said he felt sorry for me, that I would regret it for the rest of my life but wished me well in my life-sentence of supporting Hibs.
It must've been like getting released from prison when your dad got a job on dry land.

Jonnyboy
18-02-2016, 07:08 PM
When I used to do the commentary for Hibs TV, there were a few grounds that you were in amongst the home fans. Worst were Rangers, where you were a target for abuse; Hearts, where you were surrounded by puddle drinkers and ICT where the punters sat in front of us kept turning round and asking us questions. When I pointed to the fact I was wearing headphones with a mic they thought I was saying I couldn't hear them and so they asked their questions in a louder voice :greengrin

brianmc
18-02-2016, 07:22 PM
Sat in the Club Deck at Ibrox using a mate's spare season ticket a few years back. Only just managed to contain myself when we scored (a raker fae Tam McManus I think) mainly because it was a long, long way down to the pitch.... And I didn't fancy trying to fly there!
Was at tynie ages ago as well, hertz v dnipro(I think) sitting in the old benches next to the 'shed'. Boy gets tripped in the box, I jump up shouting PENALTY!! Look around me at the bewildered looks on the puddle drinkers faces, then realise it's johnny foreigner who's been hacked down by one of the maroon balloons. Oops.
Ref gives the Pen as I slowly sink back into my seat.

Stantons Angel
18-02-2016, 07:32 PM
My wee escapade happened many years ago on a"cauldron of hate" down Ibrox way.
It was around the time they started making the Rangers v Hibs games all ticket.
I went to Glasgow with my friends and when walking up to the stadium i realised id left my ticket at home!!

I got a ticket from their ticket cabin opposite the Broomloan Stand for the Rangers area opposite. It was really awful to be beside these "people" the dregs of society. I had to endure their bigoted comments on our religious history, heard language id never heard before and watched grown men froth at the mouth!
I literally had to sit on my hands and really had to try to keep my mouth shut!

Then Keith Houchen scored and this resulted in a hail of spit and bile from those surrounding me that day.
Trying to keep the smile from my face was so difficult but i managed it!

When the final whistle blew i was out of there in a flash. I will never go in beside them again. NEVER!

Alfred E Newman
18-02-2016, 07:38 PM
Under the covered main terracing at Ibrox for a Scottish cup tie in 1969 along with 69000 others. When Jimmy O'Rourke equalised there was 3 other pairs of arms in the air and a lot of growling from the bears. We eventually lost 3-1 and I eventually disappeared in a sea of red white and blue and thankfully not black and blue.

jgl07
18-02-2016, 07:44 PM
Myself and my son went to Motherwll back in the mid-1990s when Hibs and Motherwell were first and second in the Premier League. We go stuck in heavy traffic, I think that the Gyle was opening that day. Then there was a flood on the road causing more delay. I had not been to their ground before and parked in the wrong place. By the time we arrived and found we were at the wrong end, the match had been running for 35 minutes so we dived into the standing area behind the goal.

Darren Jackson had scored to put Hibs 1-0 up early on. We had to be careful despite the end being a bit sparsely attended. There was a geriatric hooligan in front of us. He eventually got lifted for throwing a cup of tea at the Hibs full back - I think it was Graham Mitchell - in the first half.

Motherwell had a decent team back then with Paul Lambert in central midfield. They pressed hard for an equaliser but Michael O'Neill put through a superb pass for Hibs to get a late second goal right in front of us.

We did go to the home end at Tynecastle once a few years earlier when someone else got the tickets. It was grim with a Hearts 2-0 win. The Gunts showed their usually classlessness by never even acknowledging the existence of Hibs on the loudspeakers. No announcement of who was playing. The whole thing was to act as a cheerleader for Hearts. It was probably Scott Wilson on the tannoy.

leggeto
18-02-2016, 07:49 PM
At the 2-2 game last week,was murder when loosing but worth it watching the legion in the roseburn going mental at the 2nd,and just as pleasing listening to the yams all around me spewing blood,hehehe
Although it was like being in north korea

Eyrie
18-02-2016, 07:54 PM
Did a few times at Parkhead because my best mate from uni was a Celtc fan. Had to be sensible enough to watch what I said and did but other than that it was OK.

Closest I came to any bother was in the early 90s. I'd gone straight from work (suit, tie, smart coat) and we were standing in the Jungle when the guy behind yelled for someone to break Mickey Weir's legs. I turned round and said "Can you no appreciate skill?" and turned back to the game. Found out from my mate afterward that he looked round just as I'd said it and the guy looked like he wanted to hit me before muttering something instead about me being a nutter. Apparently you didn't dress like that in the Jungle and didn't say things like that unless you could look after yourself.

mca
18-02-2016, 08:10 PM
Myself and my son went to Motherwll back in the mid-1990s when Hibs and Motherwell were first and second in the Premier League. We go stuck in heavy traffic, I think that the Gyle was opening that day. Then there was a flood on the road causing more delay. I had not been to their ground before and parked in the wrong place. By the time we arrived and found we were at the wrong end, the match had been running for 35 minutes so we dived into the standing area behind the goal.

Darren Jackson had scored to put Hibs 1-0 up early on. We had to be careful despite the end being a bit sparsely attended. There was a geriatric hooligan in front of us. He eventually got lifted for throwing a cup of tea at the Hibs full back - I think it was Graham Mitchell - in the first half.

Motherwell had a decent team back then with Paul Lambert in central midfield. They pressed hard for an equaliser but Michael O'Neill put through a superb pass for Hibs to get a late second goal right in front of us.

We did go to the home end at Tynecastle once a few years earlier when someone else got the tickets. It was grim with a Hearts 2-0 win. The Gunts showed their usually classlessness by never even acknowledging the existence of Hibs on the loudspeakers. No announcement of who was playing. The whole thing was to act as a cheerleader for Hearts. It was probably Scott Wilson on the tannoy.

Came up From Devon and I Got Arrested at that game... :wink: For Drinking a Can of Lager.. I Didn't Know the Laws Had Changed...

Squealing pig
18-02-2016, 08:11 PM
Many times in first division. Raith falkirk stirling in cup.livi final .

zlatan
18-02-2016, 08:37 PM
Ibrox as a kid with the old man, we left at half time.

Twice at Parkhead with a Celtic supporting mate. We spoke quite openly both times and never once had issues, in fact ended up having quite a good chat both times. First match was 3-2 Celtic, Maloney scored a free kick to win and I'm sure Fletch scored a peach for us to equalise. Other game was an atrocious showing from us not long before the 2013 cup final, Celtic won 3-0 without leaving second gear.

iwasthere1972
18-02-2016, 08:45 PM
At the 2-2 game last week,was murder when loosing but worth it watching the legion in the roseburn going mental at the 2nd,and just as pleasing listening to the yams all around me spewing blood,hehehe
Although it was like being in north korea

Shame you didn't periscope it. I couldn't have sat in amongst them so well done. The Roseburn Stand was rocking when we scored that second. Can you confirm that all the Yams were on their phones to Paddy Power at 2-1 trying to cash out and that's the real reason they were so quiet. Bish, bash, bosh.

DH1875
18-02-2016, 08:51 PM
Been in the celtic end a parkhead a few times. Was never a problem though as we never scored. Been in the Rangers end a few times as well. Worse one was when they humped us 7-0. It was freezing and all I wanted to do was go home but my hun mates were loving it and I had to wait for the lift.
I used to travel with my hun mates to all our games with them and even sat in the away end at ER a couple of times. Had to stop it though as 1) they took a right kicking from the CCS once and the driver ended up in hosplital so they weren't happy and 2nd) was in the rangers end at ER when they missed the penalty and then had to retake it only for Leighton to then save it. Hardest thing I've ever done and vowed never to do it again.

Hibrandenburg
18-02-2016, 08:55 PM
In amongst the Huns at Ibrox when Gordon Rae scored on what I seem to remember being his debut.

Aldoo
18-02-2016, 09:04 PM
Starks park with my Kirkcaldy based father in law and nephew for the 2-1 league win earlier this season.

Listened (quite smuggly) to their fans moaning all game about how the ref was giving hibs everything and found myself actually agreeing with them which is strange as I've spent my entire life believing all refs are 'anti-Hibs.'

Just shows you how easy it is to get sucked into the beliefs of the majority.

Was hard staying still when mcginn rocketed the opener into the top corner.

Fishwicke
18-02-2016, 09:06 PM
Remember an away game in Inverness, two hibbies refused admission, under the influence they said. Just after kick off saw two fans in the home end waving to us. Yip your right they got in to the home end no problem.

Leith Mo
18-02-2016, 09:07 PM
On the Leith Hibs bus a trainee priest from Ireland - Eugene - came up from St Mary's Star of the Sea to Marinello's bar. Bus going to Celtic and he says he'd been on the Kop the North Bank and of course the East Terracing but as a Celtic fan had always wanted to go on the Jungle so would someone go with him in case he missed the bus to get home. I went along told all the Bhoys around us the craic and getting on fine. I'm cheering on the original Greens (reminding them of their history whilst at it) & no hassle. John Collins picks the ball up just inside our half beats 2/3 of them and lets go a beauty into the top corner from 30 yards. I'm up and down the wee space I've got telling them "come on that's class and you can't argue with that" - no bother from any of them couple of "dinnae worry son he'll be in Paradise soon enough" - only for a wee Weegie lassie aged about 7 to shout at me "Away tae f*** ya Hibee b******!" at which wee all fell about laughing.

Hillsidehibby
18-02-2016, 09:16 PM
On the Leith Hibs bus a trainee priest from Ireland - Eugene - came up from St Mary's Star of the Sea to Marinello's bar. Bus going to Celtic and he says he'd been on the Kop the North Bank and of course the East Terracing but as a Celtic fan had always wanted to go on the Jungle so would someone go with him in case he missed the bus to get home. I went along told all the Bhoys around us the craic and getting on fine. I'm cheering on the original Greens (reminding them of their history whilst at it) & no hassle. John Collins picks the ball up just inside our half beats 2/3 of them and lets go a beauty into the top corner from 30 yards. I'm up and down the wee space I've got telling them "come on that's class and you can't argue with that" - no bother from any of them couple of "dinnae worry son he'll be in Paradise soon enough" - only for a wee Weegie lassie aged about 7 to shout at me "Away tae f*** ya Hibee b******!" at which wee all fell about laughing.

Love this post

Hillsidehibby
18-02-2016, 09:19 PM

George??

Leith Mo
18-02-2016, 09:24 PM
George??

No not Mashie! Him Gary & Sean wished me luck as they waved me goodbye! Morris -

dalgetybayhibee
18-02-2016, 11:09 PM
Was in the Rangers so called family stand at last game in December, was only there as my mate is one of them and only way to get a ticket never again was so bad.

Peevemor
18-02-2016, 11:19 PM
My ex father in law was a mega hun and had seats in the Waddle suite at Ibrox. It was 'different'. I usually ended up sitting in front of the sports hacks and Jim Traynor in particular - he was always asking his colleagues what had just happened, who done what, etc.

Dr_Regal
18-02-2016, 11:26 PM
Aye, I was in the Merkland stand at Pittodrie with my friend and his dad, when we won on penalties back in 97. What a noise the the hibs fans made that night.....
I think we had two of the away sections that night as well.

Also, was in the Dunfermline end at the Skol cup final, all you could see was a sea of green. Dad is a Pars fan, I shortly after chose Hibs.

Edit: I thought of another. Brockville with my Papa around 1990, the old family stand. There was a rope separating the fans back then. There was an absolute eejit of a Hibs fan swearing up a storm. I was 6 back then and hadn't heard most of what he was saying. Total tosser.

joebakerforever
19-02-2016, 12:14 AM
I will always remember being amongst the enemy on 27/8/1994 being seated in the upper middle of the new Wheatfield Stand for it's official opening, when Gordon Hunter scored the only goal and ended our 22 game non winning streak against them.

I'm still amazed at my self control when he scored and "sympathising" with those around me at full time.

I can still recall that when Gary Mackay got his marching orders for pushing Brian Hamilton off the pitch later on, the neolithic Jambo sitting next to me commented "that wisnae effing subtle, was it ?".

As I was unable to get time off from work to try to get an away ticket, unbeknown to me, my late mother, then 71, went out to Tynie and queued for 3 hours to get me that ticket.

Thanks again Ma :not worth

Pedantic_Hibee
19-02-2016, 06:12 AM
Geebsy game at Tynecastle.

Two weeks ago at Tynecastle. Sat in contented silence when Hanlon scored the equaliser and punched the barrier in front of me. Jambos may have thought it was a punch of rage. It wasn't. Get it wrapped right roond ye ya mutant freaks.

I should sit in their end more often.

Keith_M
19-02-2016, 06:25 AM
2004 Cup final v Livi, left the ticket buying to my Dad. Despite Hibs getting increasingly more tickets by the day and ending up with 38,000, he still didn't mange to get to the Ticket Office before they were all sold out and we had to get tickets for the Livi end.

I've never left the ticket buying to him ever again....

Frazerbob
19-02-2016, 09:44 AM
Plenty times in hospitality but that doesn't really count. Also done it a few times at Scotland away games. Tw0 of note were in Prague in 99. We went 2-0 up against the then 3rd best team in the World. I was loving it and noising up the locals around me with some good natured ribbing....which they took with good grace.......then they scored three times to win and the entire section jumped on me. I had to just take it and congratulate them but through gritted teeth!

The other time was at Wembley for the Euro 96 game, sat in the very front row on the goal line where Seaman saved the pen in full Scotland regalia. Not a pleasant experience!

Iceman1875
19-02-2016, 10:18 AM
Once. Sat is with the rangers fans on Barry Fergusons return to Ibrox around 2006/7? Hated it. Especially the fact we got beat that day too.

At Easter Road we play...

Laurs
19-02-2016, 11:25 AM
4-4 game was my first time in the PBS!

I once went in the home end at St Johnstone, pretty tame really, one woman behind me kept squeaking "c'mon sainties" every 2 mins, and Tony Rougier equalised from the spot at the end.

I seem to remember their being a mixed family section at St Johnstone. I was there once, hibs scored from a free kick after their man got sent off and a St J fan threw the ball back and dislocated his shoulder. Felt for the poor guy.

erin go bragh
19-02-2016, 02:29 PM
My first ever Hibs game was against Celtic at ER . My mother took me and as she had never been at ER before , she followed the green scarfs . Yes we ended up in the Celtic end . We lost 2-0 with my mother trying to get me to clap when they scored ( no danger ) We laugh about it now but at the time it was brutal .

GGTTH

Iggy Pope
19-02-2016, 02:43 PM
In amongst the Huns at Ibrox when Gordon Rae scored on what I seem to remember being his debut.

League debut:wink:
I was there too. Des Bremner got the 2nd in a 2-0 win and it was at a time when you were surrounded by Huns no matter where you sat in their cesspit.

Weststandwanab
19-02-2016, 02:44 PM
My first ever Hibs game was against Celtic at ER . My mother took me and as she had never been at ER before , she followed the green scarfs . Yes we ended up in the Celtic end . We lost 2-0 with my mother trying to get me to clap when they scored ( no danger ) We laugh about it now but at the time it was brutal .

GGTTH

Twice. First with eldest daughter in Corporate Hospitality against us which we lost two nil but a peach of a free kick from Nakamura.

Kick off was 12'30 so we got the meal after the game whilst watching on tv a certain person managing Birmingham getting relegated.

Whilst having the excellent meal some dude came up and said hello and had no idea who he was.

Eventually he realised we were not Celtic supporters and turns out he was the reserve keeper in the 67 team !

Yawn.

Second time was at Ibrox against us when we won 2 0 with LS getting the second.

It was magic as I got to sing sack the board with the bears although I did get some strange looks.

patch1875
19-02-2016, 03:07 PM
I was in with the yams at Easter Road when I was about 8yo my big sisters boyfriend was one and that's the only way I could go.cant remember the game much sure it was either a friendly or east of Scotland shield game, I think Jackie McNamara scored with a late winner?

Hibernia&Alba
19-02-2016, 03:13 PM
I never have been, actually. I couldn't watch a game whilst being unable to support the team. Even if it was a cup final, I'd rather watch on telly with Hibs fans than sit amongst the opposition.

jarre1875
19-02-2016, 03:24 PM
I have pnce back in the 80s. At tynie. We were 2 down n Joe McBride scored 2 to get a draw. It was pretty hairy but i won my bet and we didnt lose

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Itsnoteasy
19-02-2016, 04:57 PM
Standing at top of Mcleod St 01-01-98 no ticket. This guy holds a ticket aloft for sale 10 mins before kick. I get in a bid with another guy. I eventually stick £30 in boys hand and grab the ticket. I then sprint down to school end " think this could have been 1st time when the away fans swapped ends from Gorgie" . I hand over ticket at turnstile to be politely told that is for the asbestos stand. Oh s**t I thought to myself. Lets go for it. I am standing in queue when a guy behind taps me on the shoulder, I turns round and was greeted by an old school buddy "what you doing here ya Hibby barsteward. Fulton scores twice I'm the only one not moving. Then Andy Walker scores, keep calm, then Pat Mcginlay equalises, I lept out ma seat uncontrollably shouted YES and run like **** to nearest exit, then headed for away stand to celebrate.

Never Again

Greentinted
19-02-2016, 05:55 PM
I have done it as a regular punter but having spent many years working at both Easter Rd and Tynie I always opted to work the away sections at ER. If we were getting beat I could scuttle away somewhere and hide but when winning, particularly in bigger games, the schadenfreude was too delicious not to want more. I mind many times during a derby dancing on the concourse wi a couple of colleagues in the South Stand and substituting the words 'gerrit up ye' for 'dara-rada' in 500 Miles to the faces of many a bemused Merrick comin ootay the lavvies.

Another highlight was the Ulises De LaCruz derby when a lone Hearts guy on approaching the turnstile 5 minutes after kick-off asked "any score pal?". I slung him a deefie, walked back inside through the exit doors, waited til he paid his £20 and came out the other side and told him, "aye, 1-0 Hibs, De LaCruz 2 mins". He just scowled, turned round and walked oot.
Happy days!

Big L
19-02-2016, 06:38 PM
Centre srand at tynie 7-0 game, just walked in when Jimmy O' rourke put the first one away, couldn't get a seat, plenty seats at half time though, in fact I thought I had the stand to myself!!

Hibernia&Alba
19-02-2016, 06:44 PM
Centre srand at tynie 7-0 game, just walked in when Jimmy O' rourke put the first one away, couldn't get a seat, plenty seats at half time though, in fact I thought I had the stand to myself!!

Pleasing :thumbsup:

Galahibby
20-02-2016, 12:03 PM
Have been in the Celtc end at Parkhead with my brother and his mates a few times, and once sat in the death trap with my Jambo ex husband. Can't say I'd rush to do it again. (sit in their end or marry a Jambo!) :embarrass: