PDA

View Full Version : Home Grown Players - the truth

Famous Fiver
18-02-2016, 10:31 AM
Another thought about Tuesday night.

They got all the plaudits for their promising young home grown players for a couple of seasons. Held up as a shining example for others to follow.

What happened on Tuesday night? On the pitch we had Gray, McGregor, Hanlon, Stevenson, Henderson, McGinn,Thomson,Cummings, Boyle, Carmichael, Keatings, with Fyvie and McGeoch unavailable through injury. All Scottish born and bred players. That's thirteen and don't know if I've missed anybody out.

What did they have?

A bunch of no mark foreigners.

I rest my case, m'lud.

Ozyhibby
18-02-2016, 10:35 AM
Another thought about Tuesday night.

They got all the plaudits for their promising young home grown players for a couple of seasons. Held up as a shining example for others to follow.

What happened on Tuesday night? On the pitch we had Gray, McGregor, Hanlon, Stevenson, Henderson, McGinn,Thomson,Cummings, Boyle, Carmichael, Keatings, with Fyvie and McGeoch unavailable through injury. All Scottish born and bred players. That's thirteen and don't know if I've missed anybody out.

What did they have?

A bunch of no mark foreigners.

I rest my case, m'lud.

Funny thing is, their best players are Patterson, Nicholson and Walker. Not so much on Tuesday right enough. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack Hackett
18-02-2016, 10:35 AM
Case proven. Guilty of gross delusions of bigness

hibees59
18-02-2016, 10:36 AM
There's another thread about this. To be fair, they had quite a few Scots on the pitch as well.

BSEJVT
18-02-2016, 10:38 AM
Funny thing is, their best players are Patterson, Nicholson and Walker. Not so much on Tuesday right enough. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were bought in at youth level through bungs and pay no-one else was getting near paying

They *****ed away a fortune and have had very little return for it in terms of sales.

Now that they no longer have that cash and Harry Potter is running the show that will grind to a halt

Geo_1875
18-02-2016, 10:50 AM
The "Famous" are well known for grooming youngsters.

Spike Mandela
18-02-2016, 10:53 AM
The "Famous" are well known for grooming youngsters.

:yamlaugh:

Ged
18-02-2016, 10:57 AM
There's another thread about this. To be fair, they had quite a few Scots on the pitch as well.

They did indeed. The cream of the crap ones.