PDA

View Full Version : Sam Martinez 106 today

hibee_girl
18-02-2016, 09:44 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/sam-martinez-106-hopes-this-is-hibs-year-1-4033672

:thumbsup::flag:

mim
18-02-2016, 10:02 AM
Happy Birthday, Sam :flag:

NAE NOOKIE
18-02-2016, 10:06 AM
Happy birthday Sam :party:

Jonnyboy
18-02-2016, 10:13 AM
Happy Birthday Sammy 🎂

Fife-Hibee
18-02-2016, 10:28 AM
Good stuff :) Happy birthday Sam :)

hibs0666
18-02-2016, 10:28 AM
Much respect and Many Happy Returns.

Ozyhibby
18-02-2016, 10:39 AM
Happy Birthday Sam.
His son was in my class at school. Good lad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
18-02-2016, 11:09 AM
Is he the guy who missed the bus home from Arbroath and just walked home?

phoenixfire
18-02-2016, 11:14 AM
Happy birthday Sammy a true Hibernian legend:flag::thumbsup:

mim
18-02-2016, 11:21 AM
Happy birthday Sammy a true Hibernian legend:flag::thumbsup:

He's ages with you, isn't he? :wink:

cabbageandribs1875
18-02-2016, 11:27 AM
what an amazing age to reach, he will have out-lived all his old friends from when he travelled on maud's hawkhill branch bus, happy birthday sammy :agree:

Oscar T Grouch
18-02-2016, 11:36 AM
Happy birthday Sammy :thumbsup:

wookie70
18-02-2016, 11:37 AM
Love the story of how he became a Hibs fan. The welcoming nature of our support who have managed to move away from bigotry and racism far faster than other clubs needs to be celebrated. Well done Sam and well done to whoever comped him the ticket.

Pedantic_Hibee
18-02-2016, 11:41 AM
Many happy returns to Jonnyboy's great grandson....

Iggy Pope
18-02-2016, 11:49 AM
Happy Birthday, Hawkhill legend and the most exotic Hibby my young eyes had ever clapped on.

emerald green
18-02-2016, 01:08 PM
106 today. That's some innings. Congratulations & happy birthday.

brog
18-02-2016, 02:07 PM
Is he the guy who missed the bus home from Arbroath and just walked home?

Thats the story but IIRC it's a tad apocryphal. Sammy was actually in the company of a dear departed Hibs Legend, Wattie Robb & they did indeed set off walking. However Wattie's days as a highly toned athlete were a few years in his rear mirror by this time & he was soon flagging. Luckily they found a workmen's hut & settled down for the night. In the morning they made their way home but by public transport I believe. Anyway, the facts should never get in the way of a good story & wonderful news that Sammy is still with us.
Happy Birthday Sammy!

iwasthere1972
18-02-2016, 03:09 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/sam-martinez-106-hopes-this-is-hibs-year-1-4033672

:thumbsup::flag:

Wish they would do away with the comments on all features especially Hibs related. The usual 1902 rubbish. Don't these maroon assholes have better things to do. I hate them more as each day goes by.

Nice story anyway. 106 as well and still going strong. We should all club together to get him to the final. Limousine to Hampden and back, hospitality ticket and all the other trimmings.

Hibernia&Alba
18-02-2016, 03:22 PM
Love the story of how he became a Hibs fan. The welcoming nature of our support who have managed to move away from bigotry and racism far faster than other clubs needs to be celebrated. Well done Sam and well done to whoever comped him the ticket.

:top marks

And 106 - amazing! Many happy returns to him.

lord bunberry
18-02-2016, 03:59 PM
Thats the story but IIRC it's a tad apocryphal. Sammy was actually in the company of a dear departed Hibs Legend, Wattie Robb & they did indeed set off walking. However Wattie's days as a highly toned athlete were a few years in his rear mirror by this time & he was soon flagging. Luckily they found a workmen's hut & settled down for the night. In the morning they made their way home but by public transport I believe. Anyway, the facts should never get in the way of a good story & wonderful news that Sammy is still with us.
Happy Birthday Sammy!
Thanks, I thought it was the same guy.

Golden Bear
18-02-2016, 04:15 PM
Happy Birthday Sam - have a great day and here's to the next one hundred years!:

:cheers:

Sammy7nil
18-02-2016, 07:12 PM
My dad got stranded in montrose with Sam after missing the supporters nnbus back following a Scottish cup game.
Happy birthday Sam

trev the hat
18-02-2016, 07:47 PM
Happy Birthday Sam, hope you had a fantastic day !!
GGTTH

Mr White
18-02-2016, 07:48 PM
Legend. Happy birthday sam :thumbsup:

Stantons Angel
18-02-2016, 07:50 PM
Happy Birthday Sammy!

I travelled with Sammy for many years on the Hawkhill bus to games and was with him that night and it was a game at Montrose that he went awol!

He wasnt with Wattie but with a pal of his he used to travel with. When they didnt return to the bus Maude sent a few of us out looking for them. Unknown to us they were sitting in the supporters club blethering about Hibs and missed the bus home.

They walked a good way and did shelter for the night, getting a lift from a heavy goods lorry driver over the Forth Bridge to Edinburgh next morning.

Sammy has always been a good Hibbie and a true gentleman and a good pal of mine.

Happy Birthday Sammy i hope you have a great day!

18-02-2016, 07:55 PM
Congrats Sam. Great to see you have your own thread on this forum. A story worth telling. :flag:

Deansy
18-02-2016, 08:13 PM
Wish they would do away with the comments on all features especially Hibs related. The usual 1902 rubbish. Don't these maroon assholes have better things to do. I hate them more as each day goes by.

Nice story anyway. 106 as well and still going strong. We should all club together to get him to the final. Limousine to Hampden and back, hospitality ticket and all the other trimmings.

Yeah, yesterday, the morning after we beat them - again - you couldn't find one of them !. Today, they've crawled back out from whatever they were under and it's back to normal - any and everything Hibs-related - ATTACK !!. Makes no difference to them that they shame their club by their pettiness and bile - as long as they don't have to face up to anyone, they will continue. I think the term 'Keyboard Hardman/men' was created with them in mind !

ALF TUPPER
20-02-2016, 06:29 AM
Happy Birthday Sammy! Hope u have a great day !

bruno
20-02-2016, 06:48 AM
I travelled with Sammy for many years on the Hawkhill bus to games and was with him that night and it was a game at Montrose that he went awol!

He wasnt with Wattie but with a pal of his he used to travel with. When they didnt return to the bus Maude sent a few of us out looking for them. Unknown to us they were sitting in the supporters club blethering about Hibs and missed the bus home.

They walked a good way and did shelter for the night, getting a lift from a heavy goods lorry driver over the Forth Bridge to Edinburgh next morning.

Sammy has always been a good Hibbie and a true gentleman and a good pal of mine.

Happy Birthday Sammy i hope you have a great day!
What a great story
a great achievement to reach a healthy and still mobile 106 years
All the best Sammy hope you and your friends and family have a good night

Galahibby
20-02-2016, 11:56 AM
Happy belated birthday Sam, hope you enjoyed your party :flag:

Bay Area Hibees
20-02-2016, 11:07 PM
Legend , get him on the pitch at half time for upcoming game? Should be national news !