PDA

View Full Version : Watching the first game again...........

crewetollhibee
18-02-2016, 09:37 AM
Flicking through the first game again, I couldn't help myself and concentrated more and more on THEIR goals. Watching the antics of Neilson, Nicholson and the mutants in the stand gave me a wee warm glow, knowing what was to come. Worth a look folks................

Spike Mandela
18-02-2016, 11:00 AM
.....watch it with a nice chilled glass of Schadenfreude.

SouthMoroccoStu
18-02-2016, 11:38 AM
So much over celebrating! Bit of an over reaction, you'd have thought they'd won it!

:greengrin

Col2
18-02-2016, 11:44 AM
Watched the 2nd half last night of the first game and still amazed how little they were in it for the 2nd half.

One thing I noticed for the first time is - watching the equaliser, you can see in top corner Boyle (I think) jumping into the crowd when Hanlon scores!!! It's absolutely brilliant!! I am saying its Boyle as its one of the subs with a hat on.

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-02-2016, 11:47 AM
Watched the second half again on Tues night after getting home from ER due to no highlights of the second game. Enjoyed Hanlon's equaliser ever more [emoji16]

steve75
18-02-2016, 11:51 AM
Watched the 2nd half last night of the first game and still amazed how little they were in it for the 2nd half.

One thing I noticed for the first time is - watching the equaliser, you can see in top corner Boyle (I think) jumping into the crowd when Hanlon scores!!! It's absolutely brilliant!! I am saying its Boyle as its one of the subs with a hat on.

It was Boyle :agree:

https://twitter.com/MartinBoyle9/status/696649386441449472

Smartie
18-02-2016, 11:56 AM
Now that we've done the business in the replay I can safely say that Hanlon's equaliser has shot into my top 3 all-time moments following Hibs.

It would have been devalued a bit if we'd messed up the replay but now we've made it past them we can appreciate how superb it really was.

hibee-boys
18-02-2016, 12:55 PM
They feel bad enough right now, imagine if we went on to win it this year (bit to go yet obviously) how bad they would feel, giving up a 2 nil lead with 10 mins to go!😁

Kato
18-02-2016, 01:35 PM
As they were going off at half time they were high fiving, laughing ad shaking hands. Hibs players didn't look well pleased at that. Serves them right and long may that arrogance stay with them.

Col2
18-02-2016, 02:02 PM
I think we will get through quarter final and meet Dundee in the Semi. Don't book any holiday for mid May...

JimBHibees
18-02-2016, 02:20 PM
As they were going off at half time they were high fiving, laughing ad shaking hands. Hibs players didn't look well pleased at that. Serves them right and long may that arrogance stay with them.

High sixing surely. :greengrin

Kato
18-02-2016, 02:49 PM
High sixing surely. :greengrin

:wink:

BS44
18-02-2016, 04:04 PM

In the first replay of Hanlon's equaliser there is a small group of dogs in the top right of the screen, one of them starts clapping and celebrating when Alexander saves from the header but watch him when the ball goes in........

Roughly six minutes in.

Out of the cup 2 2 Hibs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e13KjAdArvc)

Eaststand
18-02-2016, 04:18 PM
Something I've started to notice is how often Liam Henderson plays lovely wee disguised dinky passes into our front line - he's got a great way of playing those passes and it really wrong foots the opposition - look at his body shape when he plays the chip to his left into Jason for our first goal, Superb :not worth

I'm sure I heard the hertz keeper saying where the ++++ did that come from :na na:

GGTTH

18-02-2016, 05:41 PM
Now that we've done the business in the replay I can safely say that Hanlon's equaliser has shot into my top 3 all-time moments following Hibs.

It would have been devalued a bit if we'd messed up the replay but now we've made it past them we can appreciate how superb it really was.

Absolutely!

And as another poster mentioned, its fantastic watching the hearts fans giving it the "GIRUY" signs to us after they score now that we know what went onto happen :greengrin

rcarter1
18-02-2016, 06:58 PM
Something I've started to notice is how often Liam Henderson plays lovely wee disguised dinky passes into our front line - he's got a great way of playing those passes and it really wrong foots the opposition - look at his body shape when he plays the chip to his left into Jason for our first goal, Superb :not worth

I'm sure I heard the hertz keeper saying where the ++++ did that come from :na na:

GGTTH

Henderson is a class act. A little 'smart' at times when tackled, but a brilliant player to have around. I love the ambition in the way he and the others play their passes. I can see now why we don't get as much joy playing packed defences, but against sides giving us a bit of space it can be really effective.

Eaststand
18-02-2016, 07:10 PM
Henderson is a class act. A little 'smart' at times when tackled, but a brilliant player to have around. I love the ambition in the way he and the others play their passes. I can see now why we don't get as much joy playing packed defences, but against sides giving us a bit of space it can be really effective.

Yep, I agree with that and the only wee flaw in his game is that he tries too hard too early in some games,
and maybe burns himself out a bit. Great attitude and player though

GGTTH

Broken Gnome
18-02-2016, 08:47 PM
A lot of fun to be had watching this back knowing how well it all ended. Something I've found interesting however is watching Stevenson kick the ball away a hell of a lot further down the pitch than Cummings or Augustyn managed to, without picking up a yellow card. If you go to 4:50 on this link you can see for yourself (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e13KjAdArvc).

Since we're looking for consistency in refs, would you say that Thomson got it wrong by not booking Lewis, or that Beaton lost the plot by giving second yellows to either player on Tuesday? Interested for your thoughts.

Major difference is that we were behind in example one and ahead in example two.

rcarter1
18-02-2016, 08:48 PM
A lot of fun to be had watching this back knowing how well it all ended. Something I've found interesting however is watching Stevenson kick the ball away a hell of a lot further down the pitch than Cummings or Augustyn managed to, without picking up a yellow card. If you go to 4:50 on this link you can see for yourself (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e13KjAdArvc).

Since we're looking for consistency in refs, would you say that Thomson got it wrong by not booking Lewis, or that Beaton lost the plot by giving second yellows to either player on Tuesday? Interested on your thoughts.

Having looked back at the Cummings sending off, it looks as if the ref allows himself to be influenced by the Hearts players. Having said that, given he's just sent off their guy for similar, I think he kind of had to. Both crazy bookings/reds really, but he would argue that he is going by the book (not that I know what the book says).

The Stevenson situation looks a little different as he kicks it away before the ball is dead, so would have been even harsher to pick up a booking?

hibby6270
18-02-2016, 08:50 PM

Since we're looking for consistency in refs, would you say that Thomson got it wrong by not booking Lewis, or that Beaton lost the plot by giving second yellows to either player on Tuesday? Interested for your thoughts.

Augustyn's 2nd yellow was harsh but by letter of law was dissent.
Cummings kicking ball away just gave Beaton ideal opportunity to even things up.
Being honest, if anyone "deserved" a 2nd yellow it was Oxley for his master class in time wasting.:not worth:top marks:thumbsup:

rcarter1
18-02-2016, 08:54 PM
Cummings kicking ball away just gave Beaton ideal opportunity to even things up.
Being honest, if anyone "deserved" a 2nd yellow it was Oxley for his master class in time wasting.:not worth:top marks:thumbsup:

I thought he was on for a booking too. Had he been booked already? His kick outs weren't too impressive either. But otherwise he was faultless in terms of keeping.

Broken Gnome
18-02-2016, 09:01 PM
Fair enough, but isn't 'dissent' the act of kicking the ball away irrespective of the scoreline? If you take the context of being a goal ahead into account, then I'd call it time-wasting instead.

It is, but it's the same reason why you might not get booked in the first minute for the same offence that would get you a yellow in the 70th. Context plays a big part in it.

Oxley was never going to get a second yellow on Tuesday, for example. But could've been given a yellow for any goal kick he took his time over after Beaton originally carded him.

Smartie
18-02-2016, 09:14 PM

I actually didn't think his time wasting was that bad up until he was booked and that his booking was harsh.

He then seemed to go into time wasting overdrive and really pushed his luck on a few occasions.

Very lucky to stay on the park imo. I don't know if a goalkeeper has ever been sent off for 2 yellows for time wasting but if it didn't happen on Tuesday then it never will.

S4uzee
18-02-2016, 09:16 PM
Let's not forget the hearts fans singing the Stubbsy song and "Robbie Robbie number 1" when two nil up 🙈🙈