PDA

View Full Version : Favourite examples of Yam straw clutching

AngusHibby
18-02-2016, 04:10 AM
Mine has to be this effort from one desperate soul as he blows the dust off the record books and points out that overall hearts have won more derbies and are thus the biggest team in Edinburgh.

lyonhibs
18-02-2016, 04:13 AM
Mine has to be this effort from one desperate soul as he blows the dust off the record books and points out that overall hearts have won more derbies and are thus the biggest team in Edinburgh.

If one was as obsessed with numbers and size as Hearts fans are, it's not a bad argument.

...WentToMowAnSPL
18-02-2016, 04:49 AM
If one was as obsessed with numbers and size as Hearts fans are, it's not a bad argument.
going by the who would be seen dead wearing the bloodied turd uniform it lacks merit ...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Pete
18-02-2016, 05:46 AM

How many of those wins were courtesy of their overspending though?

Some of us get a bit worked about that subject and don't like our fellow hibs bringing it up though. Silly me. :rolleyes:

Bostonhibby
18-02-2016, 05:59 AM
How many of those wins were courtesy of their overspending though?

Some of us get a bit worked about that subject and don't like our fellow hibs bringing it up though. Silly me. :rolleyes:
Nae mention of the huge number of bumped creditors in the wee yam boys list. Surely just an oversight as its a big number and it's accurate as it's their own disclosures. Something else that's historically significant and sets them apart.

Lest they forget.

ArmadaleHibs
18-02-2016, 06:01 AM
I'm still not sure we're they get that they are a "bigger club". A hatful of wins doesn't make you "BIGGER".

It's something they have banged on and on about in the last several years. You can't under any circumstances be bigger than anything when you've avoided your tax, avoided paying local businesses and indeed went into administration. I would suggest a reality check but then again they never see the reality in anything. And if they are as they say "bigger" then they're not handling the tag very well as our so called "smaller than them" team have just tucked the big fellas in our back pocket, AGAIN.

I personally think there's nothing between the clubs in size including past now and future. Oh wait, were better.

Ggtth

Carheenlea
18-02-2016, 06:33 AM
I like the fact that they see themselves a much bigger club than the likes of ourselves and Aberdeen. Their delusions of grandeur makes them feel superior, while everyone else looking at them...:lolyam:

Keith_M
18-02-2016, 06:35 AM
I like the fact that they see themselves a much bigger club than the likes if ourselves and Aberdeen. Their delusions of grandeur makes them feel superior, while everyone else looking at them...:lolyam:

It's the old 'tallest person in a room full of dwarves' argument.

Anyway, which one of the two clubs is now unbeaten in the last FIVE derbies?

:wink:

Pete
18-02-2016, 07:00 AM
Nae mention of the huge number of bumped creditors in the wee yam boys list. Surely just an oversight as its a big number and it's accurate as it's their own disclosures. Something else that's historically significant and sets them apart.

Lest they forget.

The straw clutching and comfort blankets are out in force on kickback too. 5-1 threads mixed with ones asking what's wrong with them have turned the board into a car crash. They simply don't know how to handle this defeat.

There were posts last night saying that direct debits were getting cancelled and season ticket holders were going to boycott but in true secret police fashion, they've disappeared. Threads deleted, bans dished out, sweep under the carpet, nothing to see here. They can't hide the fact that some fans are waking up.

Expect more obnoxious crap and lashing out at hibs as it gradually dawns on them that they are nothing special.

LaMotta
18-02-2016, 07:04 AM
Another straw clutcher is the claim that Sunshine on Leith is a dirge of a song.......

Some of them absolutely cannot hide their envy of the overwhelmingly positive comments a rousing Hibernian chorus of SOL gets from media and other teams fans alike!

Just get yer maroon tinted paedo specs off and admit its amazing!!

Onceinawhile
18-02-2016, 07:04 AM
'that was their cup final' has been popular on kickback.

Having checked - I'm fairly sure our cup final is v Ross county.

Liberal Hibby
18-02-2016, 07:20 AM

I saw he mentioned 1985/6 as one of seasons Hearts won three out of four derbies, drawing the fourth. Wasn't that the magnificent season for them when they won the league by a single point? Does anyone have footage of their league winning celebrations to cheer them up?

Waxy
18-02-2016, 07:55 AM
I saw he mentioned 1985/6 as one of seasons Hearts won three out of four derbies, drawing the fourth. Wasn't that the magnificent season for them when they won the league by a single point? Does anyone have footage of their league winning celebrations to cheer them up?
Enough tears that day to make tynecastle unplayable.

matty_f
18-02-2016, 08:06 AM

:faf: Fannies - that'll be our actual cup final!!

What it probably means was that was their cup final. It was a season-ending defeat for them. They've tied up third already, the only interest they had left was the cup.

Col2
18-02-2016, 08:12 AM

What it probably means was that was their cup final. It was a season-ending defeat for them. They've tied up third already, the only interest they had left was the cup.

Yup. They know they can sleep walk to a 3rd position (no chance of 2nd and no chance Ross County will catch them). Tynecastle will see no more sell outs and it will dawn on those paying £50 a month to fund the club (with little return) that they will need to save money for the next big European trip aka 1st round Europa qualifying in Siberia early June. Season Over.

Yuillsy
18-02-2016, 09:01 AM

I'm sure a read on here before about a pub discussion between some Hibbys and a few yams. Yam quoted exact same fact "in 85/86 we were unbeaten against you, won 3 drew 1 so we're the better side" Hibby replies "Aye but If you had won 4 you would've won the league".
Needless to say it was greeted with a stony silence from said yams!!!!😂

Bostonhibby
18-02-2016, 09:38 AM
Another straw clutcher is the claim that Sunshine on Leith is a dirge of a song.......

Some of them absolutely cannot hide their envy of the overwhelmingly positive comments a rousing Hibernian chorus of SOL gets from media and other teams fans alike!

Just get yer maroon tinted paedo specs off and admit its amazing!!
That's okay, they don't have to sing it if they don't want to. There are some pretty good Ronnie Corbett tunes out there

lapsedhibee
18-02-2016, 09:45 AM
I'm sure a read on here before about a pub discussion between some Hibbys and a few yams. Yam quoted exact same fact "in 85/86 we were unbeaten against you, won 3 drew 1 so we're the better side" Hibby replies "Aye but If you had won 4 you would've won the league".
Needless to say it was greeted with a stony silence from said yams!!!!
Strange, where a 1-0 defeat in a derby brings out a rash of historical data from hurting yams, that none of them allude to the 1-0 defeat in a derby which cost them the league the last time before 1986 that they nearly won it.

:not worth Willie Hamilton
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Z0Qa7sjDg

Famous Fiver
18-02-2016, 09:47 AM
A thought struck me on Tuesday night.

As well as paying for season tickets and merchandise, more than 8,000 of them are paying direct debits, but for what?

Originally supposed to reimburse Queen Ann, it is currently being used to fund a procession of no mark foreigners.

The Budge debt remains, she is getting 7% her cash, their ground is a car crash, and their hard earned money is being p*ssed against the wall.

Are there no ends to lengths of human stupidity?

Tobias Funke
18-02-2016, 09:51 AM

"If one was obsessed..."

This is a football forum mate, not an episode of Downton Abbey.

Cauld Bovril
18-02-2016, 09:51 AM

Some of the posts on that Sky Sports thread had me cringing. Grown men giving it the "aye but we're the big team" guff. If they weren't fans of "the famous", I'd be genuinely worried about their mental health.

CallumLaidlaw
18-02-2016, 10:07 AM

This is the team remember that treat the derby as THE biggest game of the season (rightly or wrongly) so to come out with rubbish like that is so ironic.

--------
18-02-2016, 10:14 AM
"If one was obsessed..."

This is a football forum mate, not an episode of Downton Abbey.

Well, as a purist and pedant of any years standing (bring back the terraces!) I have to point out that the correct usage is "if one were obsessed ..."

Modern education! :rolleyes:

--------
18-02-2016, 10:24 AM
Strange, where a 1-0 defeat in a derby brings out a rash of historical data from hurting yams, that none of them allude to the 1-0 defeat in a derby which cost them the league the last time before 1986 that they nearly won it.

IIRC there wasn't nearly as much big team/wee team nonsense spouted in those days.

And a lot less hostility between the supporters ...

That's one of the best goals, and one of the best performances, I've ever seen.

As Pat said, Willie was a great player, but one who needed discipline.

Not a long list of players who can truly be said to have bossed a game against the Real Madrid of Puskas and Santamaria ....

... and we DID enjoy that result to the full - AND the one on the last day of the season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-93_7Gz5FTQ

Just a pity Waddell was one of THEM ...

Mikey09
18-02-2016, 10:28 AM
I find them funny.

Anyone who bleats on about being "the big team" and "the famous" are doing it to convince THEMSELVES!!

They're like a fat, bald middle aged man buying himself a wee sports car to convince himself he's not an ugly, boring auld fud that no one really gives a **** about. Yams really are a special breed...

Andy74
18-02-2016, 10:32 AM

It was great to get the result but in the scheme of things was the least important game to win between now and the end of the season for us. Enough of us said it before the games too.

SuperAllyMcleod
18-02-2016, 10:45 AM

Who was the Jambo No 3? He seems to celebrate when Hibs score! [emoji4]

SuperAllyMcleod
18-02-2016, 10:48 AM
I find them funny.

Anyone who bleats on about being "the big team" and "the famous" are doing it to convince THEMSELVES!!

They're like a fat, bald middle aged man buying himself a wee sports car to convince himself he's not an ugly, boring auld fud that no one really gives a **** about. Yams really are a special breed...

The WEE team play at Tynecastle - according to this song anyway-

Away up in Gorgie at Tynecastle park
There's a wee fitba' team that will aye make its mark.

End of discussion! [emoji57]

lord bunberry
18-02-2016, 10:50 AM
Listening to them pretending they're not bothered about losing on Tuesday night because they won 5-1 is hilarious, watching them do their wee 5-1 gestures as they left the stadium was even funnier. What do they think we're going to do when we see them doing it? Stop celebrating and say oh aye I'd forgotten about that game. Plums. For any mutants looking in, we're not bothered, we're laughing at you.

lapsedhibee
18-02-2016, 10:58 AM
... and we DID enjoy that result to the full - AND the one on the last day of the season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-93_7Gz5FTQ

You'd think, wouldn't you, that the Hearts fans would have been devastated by that outcome? Luckily though they'd beaten Killie 5-1 in April 1938 so they weren't bothered one bit!

NAE NOOKIE
18-02-2016, 11:11 AM
Look .... we can only dream and there's no point kidding ourselves on :bitchy:

The whole football world knows them as 'the famous'

They are unique for a club of their size in being able to persuade their fans that any trophy they cant win must be beneath them ... so much so that when they reach the semi or final of it their fans don't even bother taking up all the available tickets. I understand that Man Utd are looking at this model to stop their fans going on and on about not winning stuff.

They are about to build a huge new stand which will have hospitality that may or may not look onto the pitch, but will no doubt include the innovative wind tunnel design of the Gorgie and Roseburn stand concourses. The biggest design issue occupying their fans is of course that it must increase stadium capacity to at least one more seat than that of the club they are not at all obsessed with.

I wish I supported a big club http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/boo%20hoo.gif

Springbank
18-02-2016, 11:23 AM

I was Hibs mascot the day we drew 0-0 with them, which became the day we denied them the league

It was the first time the east terrace was opened with its new roof, and sandy Clark missed an open goal for Johnny Yam, Billy Bremner style, a yard from goal at the cowshed end.

Forget Beckenbauer or Rumminegge, Mathaus, Mueller or Muller.
Schadenfreude is the best companion that Germany has given to the world of fitba

Edson Arantes
18-02-2016, 11:56 AM
I find them funny.

Hey!

my dad is fat and bald.

Lovely wee sports car too..:greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-02-2016, 01:14 PM
I watched a full strength Man City, in front of a packed Etihad, wildly celebrating making their league cup final a few weeks ago yet Hearts fans claim they are above winning their equivalent league cup [emoji23] Yeeeeah, sure Jambos [emoji106][emoji85]

Geo_1875
18-02-2016, 01:37 PM
I watched a full strength Man City, in front of a packed Etihad, wildly celebrating making their league cup final a few weeks ago yet Hearts fans claim they are above winning their equivalent league cup [emoji23] Yeeeeah, sure Jambos [emoji106][emoji85]

You play the game to win medals. Just ask Gary Mackay.