PDA

View Full Version : cummings red card

biffo1875
17-02-2016, 06:16 PM
just wondering if hibs have a right to appeal ?both cards quite soft .or is it a case of two yellows and no right to appeal ggtth

matty_f
17-02-2016, 06:17 PM
Can't appeal if it's yellow cards.

The_Sauz
just wondering if hibs have a right to appeal ?both cards quite soft .or is it a case of two yellows and no right to appeal ggtth
No appeal for a yellow

djs69
Two yellow so can't appeal, and tbh they were both correct decisions, he left the park to noise up the Jambos and he did kick the ball away

ekhibee
17-02-2016, 06:27 PM
I'll be the devil's advocate here and say he should have kept his gob shut and he'd have stayed on the park. The Hearts one I can't make my mind up about. When the player got the red he didn't seem to argue about it, but it did seem a bit harsh, particularly as he was throwing the ball in the direction of where the free kick was going to be taken. I suppose the ref saw it differently.

Jones28
17-02-2016, 06:28 PM
Two yellow so can't appeal, and tbh they were both correct decisions, he left the park to noise up the Jambos and he did kick the ball away

Two silly bookings

ancient hibee
17-02-2016, 06:30 PM
I'll be the devil's advocate here and say he should have kept his gob shut and he'd have stayed on the park. The Hearts one I can't make my mind up about. When the player got the red he didn't seem to argue about it, but it did seem a bit harsh, particularly as he was throwing the ball in the direction of where the free kick was going to be taken. I suppose the ref saw it differently.

At the match I immediately thought he'd be going off for that.Seeing the highlights it doesn't look as bad.Just shows if the atmosphere/situation affects a supporter like that it's probably tenfold for players and refs.

Lee
17-02-2016, 06:32 PM
He didnt leave the field of play for the first one....celebrated in front of the unwashed, yes, but no "giruy" more a "how you like them apples" :)

DaveF
17-02-2016, 06:33 PM
He didnt leave the field of play for the first one

Yes he did. Standing right in front of the advertising boards.

Lee
17-02-2016, 06:36 PM

Ah, okay....I thought he was on the edge of the pitch rather than off it.

1van Sprou7e
17-02-2016, 06:36 PM

This first would be considered a very harsh booking in most countries, the fact that most people in Scotland are saying that it was the right decision shows how normal it now feels to get booked for celebrating

I think a few years ago that would never have been a yellow, he only stood there for about 2 seconds if that

MWHIBBIES
17-02-2016, 06:37 PM
2 stupid, pointless bookings.

Lee
17-02-2016, 06:37 PM
Its a stupid rule than you can contest a red but not a yellow (especially in scenarios where the yellow results in a suspension)

DaveF
17-02-2016, 06:39 PM
This first would be considered a very harsh booking in most countries, the fact that most people in Scotland are saying that it was the right decision shows how normal it now feels to get booked for celebrating

I think a few years ago that would never have been a yellow, he only stood there for about 2 seconds if that

I totally agree and I think someone else pointed out in another thread and there were about 4 sevco players over the hoardings when they scored the late winner last night - I very much doubt they were all booked.

His 1st booking last night was a joke and the officials here need to lighten up.

Joe6-2
17-02-2016, 06:39 PM
Can't appeal if it's yellow cards.

Another ridiculous law!

Smartie
17-02-2016, 06:41 PM
It was possibly the most idiotic red card I've seen a Hibs player get. Understandable maybe given his history with them but it really was totally unacceptable.

Getting booked after a few minutes? Did he HAVE TO celebrate in front of them? There were enough stands full of happy hibbies that he could have celebrated in front of.

The first booking prevented him from getting stuck into some challenges during the first half when they were tippy-tappying about at the back.

Then to kick the ball away just minutes after he'd seen one of their players get sent off for the same THEN give the ref a bit of lip? Stark, raving bonkers.

We got away with it, we won in the end. But if we hadn't this place would have a totally different slant on the whole affair.

I hope someone at Hibs has a word with him, because I wasn't amused…...

Onion
17-02-2016, 06:46 PM
Two silly bookings

Go even further... had Hibs gone on to lose last night he would rightly have been fined by the club. He's a great lad and I wouldn't swap him for any other striker in the league, but JC would do well to have a beer and chat with a certain John McGinn, another young player who's going places but looking every inch the model professional. JM gets chopped down by hammer-throwing Yams all game but just gets up, dusts himself down and takes the piss out of the next Yam who should just be grateful for being on the same pitch as him.

One day, all these hammer-throwers will be able tell their grand kids, I once played in the same game as the great McGinn :thumbsup::greengrin

Just don't think you understand ......

Big L
17-02-2016, 06:49 PM

He didn't leave the park and he was there for less than 2 seconds, their is no way he desrved a yellow card IMO.

JimBHibees
17-02-2016, 06:52 PM
It was possibly the most idiotic red card I've seen a Hibs player get. Understandable maybe given his history with them but it really was totally unacceptable.

Getting booked after a few minutes? Did he HAVE TO celebrate in front of them? There were enough stands full of happy hibbies that he could have celebrated in front of.

The first booking prevented him from getting stuck into some challenges during the first half when they were tippy-tappying about at the back.

Then to kick the ball away just minutes after he'd seen one of their players get sent off for the same THEN give the ref a bit of lip? Stark, raving bonkers.

We got away with it, we won in the end. But if we hadn't this place would have a totally different slant on the whole affair.

Yes could easily have been the classic hero to zero if Hearts had equalised.

djs69
17-02-2016, 06:53 PM
He left the pitch, you can clearly see that, and you can't be seen to wind up opposing fans , he's been booked a couple times for that in that past

JimBHibees
17-02-2016, 06:55 PM
He didn't leave the park and he was there for less than 2 seconds, their is no way he desrved a yellow card IMO.

He did leave the pitch however still think the booking was soft. Compare what he did to what Nicholson did in the first game and the same punishment.

ancient hibee
17-02-2016, 07:00 PM

The most stupid booking since Gordon,O'Rourke and Edwards were all booked for dissent protesting when a goal was chalked off for offside (wrongly)against Cowdenbeath. We were five or six up at the time.

Personally I've no time for players who want to noise up enemy supporters-it's unprofessional and as in this case often rebounds.

Incidentally he was definitely off the pitch.

Andy74
17-02-2016, 08:13 PM

Yep. Thought both bookings were stupid. When they get a red just before and you kick the ball away you know what's coming.

I hope we fine players that get bookings that are not related to tackling.

ekhibee
17-02-2016, 08:16 PM
At the match I immediately thought he'd be going off for that.Seeing the highlights it doesn't look as bad.Just shows if the atmosphere/situation affects a supporter like that it's probably tenfold for players and refs.
Yep, I was exactly the same at the game, but afterwards I just wasn't so sure. The Hearts player definitely threw it forcefully and I guess that's what the ref's seen, but he didn't seem to complain much about the red card, the rest of the Hearts players did. If I was them I'd probably appeal it, cos it'd be difficult proving that he was throwing it at somebody, and he was throwing it towards the right place. The Cummings one seemed to be a case of what you were describing about being caught up in the occasion. It seemed to be done and dusted, no harm done, but I don't know if one of the Hearts players said something to him which got Cummings back up and he started talking back at the ref.

Hibs Class
17-02-2016, 08:20 PM
He didnt leave the field of play for the first one....celebrated in front of the unwashed, yes, but no "giruy" more a "how you like them apples" :)

It doesn't matter whether he left the field of play or not. Laws state that leaving the pitch is not in itself a booking.

lyonhibs
17-02-2016, 08:39 PM
Ah, okay....I thought he was on the edge of the pitch rather than off it.

There's a difference between the green grass area and "the field of play" as defined in this scenario.
Once you cross the white line to celebrate, you're off "the field of play" and liable for a yellow, depending on what you do once there and how much of an arse the ref is.

Unless you play for the Old Firm obviously.

Diclonius
17-02-2016, 08:45 PM

Cummings always celebrates in front of opposition fans, especially in big games. That's his thing, don't mind it - it's what we'd all want to do were we in his position.

He could be a bit more subtle about it though.

greenlex
17-02-2016, 09:12 PM
He was stupid. The bit I really didn't like was the half dozen or so Hearts players round the ref getting in his face to book him for it. Dreadful club from top to bottom.

Jonnyboy
17-02-2016, 09:17 PM
He was stupid. The bit I really didn't like was the half dozen or so Hearts players round the ref getting in his face to book him for it. Dreadful club from top to bottom.

:agree: This

GreenLake
17-02-2016, 09:43 PM
It was fun to watch him bait the raging bile filled jambos close to where he stopped - goading them like agitated zombies. He spread out his hands to each side in a clear gesture against self-touching to their fans.

Colr
17-02-2016, 10:10 PM

Did he shake his cock about at them?

The_Sauz
17-02-2016, 11:07 PM
In a goal celebration, a ref will not class the goal line as the field of play and will not book a player, but if he goes over or passes the advertising boards, he will then book you for time wasting :agree: got told that from a friend who was a grade 1 *** (it's ok, he is not a hibby or a member here, although I have called him worse on a golf course) :greengrin

SonOfDavidFrancey
17-02-2016, 11:29 PM
Not the messiah, a very naughty boy. Don't think anyone neutral could deny that both cards were justifiable if harsh. The hearts boy's first was the worst offence but the second not a yellow at all.

basehibby
17-02-2016, 11:31 PM

To be fair - the Hertz guy's 2nd yellow was the most bizzare - he chucked the ball right to where the free kick was to be taken and it was a daft decision from the ref for me. And you can definately see from the highlights that it affected his decision re Cummings' 2nd yellow - you can see he's about to ignore it until the Yams surround him - he then books one of them for telling him his job before proceeding to do exactly as he was telt!

To be even handed in the analysis, there was a Yam who actually should have got sent off for a second yellow earlier on after his second professional foul of the game. The ref bottled it on that occasion though - so any Yamtarded numpties watching in can wind their necks in :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
18-02-2016, 12:52 AM
that hertz number 7 was an utter disgrace in running over to the referee to whinge and show JC the card, graceless little pwick, and as that for that miss by keatings jeezo

HibeesLA
18-02-2016, 03:13 AM
It doesn't matter whether he left the field of play or not. Laws state that leaving the pitch is not in itself a booking.

It is during normal play, if being done to deceive players or the officials. Law 12 - Fouls and Misconduct - Cautionable offenses:

- deliberately leaving the field of play without the referees permission.

However, you are correct that leaving play isn't Cautionable for goal celebrations, as long as they return to the field in a reasonable time. The same section does list what is Cautionable during goal celebrations, and the referee would have deemed It to be a gesture that was provocative.

If he'd done it at a game against Alloa, maybe not, but against the Hearts, then it takes on a different meaning.

Unfortunately, I think the Referee was right under the current interpretation of the laws of the game.

crash
18-02-2016, 06:01 AM
The most stupid booking since Gordon,O'Rourke and Edwards were all booked for dissent protesting when a goal was chalked off for offside (wrongly)against Cowdenbeath. We were five or six up at the time.

Personally I've no time for players who want to noise up enemy supporters-it's unprofessional and as in this case often rebounds.

Incidentally he was definitely off the pitch. cant remember us playing cowdenbeath when Gordon and Edwards were with us.

SeanWilson
18-02-2016, 06:02 AM
There is no way a player should be booked for that celebration and the fact that a bunch of grown men/woman are defending the decision is really sad. He scored another goal against our biggest rivals, who just so happen to be the team who almost ruined his career; in a Scottish cup replay.... I'd consider his celebration as tame. He didn't go past the advertising boards and was literally stood with his arms out for 3-4 seconds as if to say 'I'm the man' before walking away with his team mates. Provocative? Maybe. However if football has come to not being aloud to noise up your opposition, I'm not interested.

Keith_M
18-02-2016, 06:32 AM
I have to say that I think the current rule, booking players for leaving the field of play, is utterly stupid and is not consistently enforced. In addition, Cummings did NOT gesture to the Hearts Fans in any manner, which makes the booking worse.

Having said that, Stubbs needs to make it clear to every player that, while this daft rule IS in place, they need to stick by it. Celebrate in front of your own Fans and don't leave the pitch. It surely can't be that hard to do.

SonOfDavidFrancey
18-02-2016, 07:42 AM
There is no way a player should be booked for that celebration and the fact that a bunch of grown men/woman are defending the decision is really sad. He scored another goal against our biggest rivals, who just so happen to be the team who almost ruined his career; in a Scottish cup replay.... I'd consider his celebration as tame. He didn't go past the advertising boards and was literally stood with his arms out for 3-4 seconds as if to say 'I'm the man' before walking away with his team mates. Provocative? Maybe. However if football has come to not being aloud to noise up your opposition, I'm not interested.

That's fine so long as you are prepared to accept the possibility that celebrating in front of opposition fans can cause disorder etc.

hibbytam
18-02-2016, 07:47 AM
Not the messiah, a very naughty boy. Don't think anyone neutral could deny that both cards were justifiable if harsh. The hearts boy's first was the worst offence but the second not a yellow at all.

My interpretation of the hearts one is that the lad was booked for dissent, not throwing the ball away. That would make it a definite yellow.

Think JCs one was far more harsh, it's not like he's booted it in the other direction, and if the hearts players hadn't surrounded the ref, nothing else would have happened.

heretoday
18-02-2016, 07:53 AM

Well, yes......but!

SeanWilson
18-02-2016, 08:01 AM
That's fine so long as you are prepared to accept the possibility that celebrating in front of opposition fans can cause disorder etc.

so f'n what? are we not involved in a competitive sport? a game where we are trying to beat the opposition?

dangermouse
18-02-2016, 08:02 AM
My interpretation of the hearts one is that the lad was booked for dissent, not throwing the ball away. That would make it a definite yellow.

Think JCs one was far more harsh, it's not like he's booted it in the other direction, and if the hearts players hadn't surrounded the ref, nothing else would have happened.

JC did kick the ball away from the touchline to the halfway line when it went out for a goal kick. I think that was what enraged the Hearts players to surround the ref and the reason for his second yellow.

blackpoolhibs
18-02-2016, 08:35 AM
To be fair - the Hertz guy's 2nd yellow was the most bizzare - he chucked the ball right to where the free kick was to be taken and it was a daft decision from the ref for me. And you can definately see from the highlights that it affected his decision re Cummings' 2nd yellow - you can see he's about to ignore it until the Yams surround him - he then books one of them for telling him his job before proceeding to do exactly as he was telt!

To be even handed in the analysis, there was a Yam who actually should have got sent off for a second yellow earlier on after his second professional foul of the game. The ref bottled it on that occasion though - so any Yamtarded numpties watching in can wind their necks in :greengrin

That was Beaton managing the game apparently?

matty_f
18-02-2016, 08:42 AM

They do that all the time. Absolutely horrible, and completely devoid of class.

J-C
18-02-2016, 08:48 AM
Two stupid booking for Cummings and Stubbs will have every right to bollock him for it, a needless suspension at a time when we need him badly.

Bristolhibby
18-02-2016, 10:13 AM
I have to say that I think the current rule, booking players for leaving the field of play, is utterly stupid and is not consistently enforced. In addition, Cummings did NOT gesture to the Hearts Fans in any manner, which makes the booking worse.

Having said that, Stubbs needs to make it clear to every player that, while this daft rule IS in place, they need to stick by it. Celebrate in front of your own Fans and don't leave the pitch. It surely can't be that hard to do.

Next goal he scores at that end, he should make a point of running the length of the pitch (like a reverse Benji) to celebrate with the FF Hibbies.

J

Brightside
18-02-2016, 10:40 AM
I hear the SFA are going to introduce a Celebration Zone for players.

Oranje39
18-02-2016, 11:44 AM
No one's fault but his own, he knows the rules.

J-C
18-02-2016, 03:13 PM
Just watched the replay on BBC website, the ref was doing nowt to Cummings before all the Hearts players surrounded him, even his assistant was just standing there pointing to the goals for a bye kick, truly bizarre minute or so from the official.

hibeesjoe
18-02-2016, 03:30 PM
If we manage to progress past Inverness then I'd rather we miss Cummings for that game and then be back for the semi. Am I right in thinking if he played and got a yellow he would have missed the semi?

Pete
18-02-2016, 03:31 PM

Let's think about why celebrations like that are bookable offences. It's the same logic used when they tell you not to eat anything when your next to a cage in a zoo.

There should be any celebration allowed within the bounds of decency and personal responsibility should come in to it as far as the fans are concerned. It's a big pantomime and if you can't control yourself to the extent that you cause disorder then you shouldn't be there. I enjoy all these "provocative" celebrations and this is another example of the authorities in this country treating us like idiots. It's as if they collectively don't trust us not to do something really stupid so they put these stuffy, draconian rules down for our "safety".

Luzern67
18-02-2016, 03:37 PM
His first one is a booking, I thought the hearts guys second booking was ridiculous, a wee bit of common sense, not something the refs are blessed with. Once he sent him off he left himself no option but to send Jason off which was an equally soft booking

SeanWilson
18-02-2016, 03:58 PM
Let's think about why celebrations like that are bookable offences. It's the same logic used when they tell you not to eat anything when your next to a cage in a zoo.

There should be any celebration allowed within the bounds of decency and personal responsibility should come in to it as far as the fans are concerned. It's a big pantomime and if you can't control yourself to the extent that you cause disorder then you shouldn't be there. I enjoy all these "provocative" celebrations and this is another example of the authorities in this country treating us like idiots. It's as if they collectively don't trust us not to do something really stupid so they put these stuffy, draconian rules down for our "safety".

That's exactly the point i was trying to make... and with that said, his celebration was extremely tame when is comes to 'pantomime villain'... Complete nonsense of a booking.

Jim44
18-02-2016, 04:12 PM
They're discussing his red card on FF and are delighted about it but they are also warming to Sevco going after him in summer.

Smartie
18-02-2016, 04:14 PM
Just watched the replay on BBC website, the ref was doing nowt to Cummings before all the Hearts players surrounded him, even his assistant was just standing there pointing to the goals for a bye kick, truly bizarre minute or so from the official.

I agree that it looks a bit like that and that it is hard to take, but (giving him a MASSIVE benefit of the doubt and I admit I'm playing devil's advocate a bit here) -

I thought the referee did well to take his time over the big decisions the other night. There were no red cards in the air before anyone's had a chance to think. He took his time EVERY time there was the possibility of a contentious second yellow card. He took his time at the offside goals.

I think this is good refereeing.

It might look like he's responding to gestures from the mutants - I think he's analysing what he thinks he's seen before making a call.

Contrast that with McGinn's red card earlier this season. the card was out before anyone had any time to think and the decision was later rescinded. If the referee had waited before making that decision would he still have sent him off? If he did, would it have been because he would inevitably have been surrounded by Falkirk players protesting?

Smartie
18-02-2016, 04:18 PM
They're discussing his red card on FF and are delighted about it but they are also warming to Sevco going after him in summer.

Aw FFS, not again.

Looks like we're going to have to make do with a straight swap for Griffiths, Broony, Stokes and Henderson for him then, after they've unsettled him with another nonsensical offer.

ancient hibee
18-02-2016, 04:54 PM
cant remember us playing cowdenbeath when Gordon and Edwards were with us.

I think you're right-feeling Cowdenbeath went down the season before.On thinking about it pretty suret was actually Dumbarton.

Diclonius
18-02-2016, 05:17 PM
I hear the SFA are going to introduce a Celebration Zone for players.

For Old Firm West/East the celebration zone exceeds the boundaries of the stadium.

Big L
18-02-2016, 05:25 PM
I thought both yellow cards were soft, I thought the yams one was to. What I think is absolutely ridiculous is why the powers that be didn't put JC on a longer contract 2 year ago, and I'm even more pissed off that JC is not showing a bit of gratitude by signing the bumper deal thats on the table.

ancient hibee
18-02-2016, 05:33 PM
I thought both yellow cards were soft, I thought the yams one was to. What I think is absolutely ridiculous is why the powers that be didn't put JC on a longer contract 2 year ago, and I'm even more pissed off that JC is not showing a bit of gratitude by signing the bumper deal thats on the table.

Another jokester.

wookie70
18-02-2016, 06:03 PM
The thing that annoys me most about Cummings second booking was he kicked it relatively softly to within 10 yards of a Hearts player. That player ignored the ball and ran 20 yards to the ref. The goalie ran 30 yards to the ref. Patterson ran 20 yards past the ref and then 20 yards back and he never even seen the incident. 7 Hearts players went to the ref and Jaunma was booked. Eventually 50 seconds after Jason kicked the ball away he was shown a red. It took more than a minute after the card for Alexander to take the goal kick. So Hearts go crazy at Jason wasting 5 seconds or so and this causes a 2 minute delay in the game being restarted. The whole incident was caused by the ridiculous sending off of Augustyn who threw the ball directly back to where it needed to go. Yes it was done with a bit of aggression and dissent but Juanma had been gesticulating at the officials every time he was caught offside and that is a lot. Earlier in the game Hearts had blocked free kicks being taken about 4 or 5 times and Walker picked the ball up and walked away and then threw it further away without even a talking too.

The most important part of being a ref is consistency and at least Beaton is consistently inconsistent and awful.

18-02-2016, 06:32 PM
Hopefully this will be another step in Jason's growing up process. Two bookings that should have been avoided.
Stubby......have a word in his ear. He's no good to the Team having an early bath.

When he scores just tell him to stay on the pitch and run to the Hibs fans - pretty simple really.
If he'd done that he'd be playing in the 1/4 final and not reducing our chances of getting through to the semi final.

That aside still confident we can get through v ICT. Another game at Fortress Easter Road and hopefully a few thousand of those who were at the Hearts game will realise the difference it makes playing in front of a good home support. We need a few more 12th men/women and children turning up on a regular basis, especially in this season so we ensure we get promoted. For those who came along on Tuesday and who haven't been coming so regularly I hope to see you again, starting Sunday v Alloa.

Big L
18-02-2016, 07:21 PM
Another jokester.

WTF. Are you saying you don't want him to stay or wish he was on a longer contract which by the way expires next summer!

Aldo
18-02-2016, 07:34 PM

2 years is a long long time in football for a young player. It's make or break for some of them. Jason still is far from the finished article and Tuesday night showed signs of this but with the help of others I've no doubt what so ever he's going to turn into a very very good player.

As for gratitude I personally think you should shout a bit towards him. A young lad with a big responsibility on his shoulders and for me he's doing tremendously well. Sit back and enjoy him whilst he is here because regardless of signing a new contract if he keeps sticking them in the onion bag a team will make the club and Jason a offer neither can refuse and he'll be gone!

So your pissed. Well if you keep posting like that then there will be a lot more pissed off folk!

Greenworld
18-02-2016, 08:42 PM
Where does the field of play end he was outside the lines of the pitch so left the field of play. .....he was stupid go and celebrate with us

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

matty_f
18-02-2016, 08:55 PM
The thing that annoys me most about Cummings second booking was he kicked it relatively softly to within 10 yards of a Hearts player. That player ignored the ball and ran 20 yards to the ref. The goalie ran 30 yards to the ref. Patterson ran 20 yards past the ref and then 20 yards back and he never even seen the incident. 7 Hearts players went to the ref and Jaunma was booked. Eventually 50 seconds after Jason kicked the ball away he was shown a red. It took more than a minute after the card for Alexander to take the goal kick. So Hearts go crazy at Jason wasting 5 seconds or so and this causes a 2 minute delay in the game being restarted. The whole incident was caused by the ridiculous sending off of Augustyn who threw the ball directly back to where it needed to go. Yes it was done with a bit of aggression and dissent but Juanma had been gesticulating at the officials every time he was caught offside and that is a lot. Earlier in the game Hearts had blocked free kicks being taken about 4 or 5 times and Walker picked the ball up and walked away and then threw it further away without even a talking too.

The most important part of being a ref is consistency and at least Beaton is consistently inconsistent and awful.

I made that point about the Yams kicking the ball away without penalty as well. I genuinely don't have an issue with Jason getting booked for it IF other players were treated the same AND if the ref had done it without being told to by nippy pain in the arse Yams.

Captain Trips
19-02-2016, 10:24 AM
Both 2nd yellows IMO were a joke, there were far worse tackles going in that went unpunished at times.

blackpoolhibs
19-02-2016, 11:26 AM
I cant believe he never speared a couple of them with the corner flag after scoring, thats another chance missed.

You wont always score against them Jason.

--------
19-02-2016, 11:38 AM
2 years is a long long time in football for a young player. It's make or break for some of them. Jason still is far from the finished article and Tuesday night showed signs of this but with the help of others I've no doubt what so ever he's going to turn into a very very good player.

As for gratitude I personally think you should shout a bit towards him. A young lad with a big responsibility on his shoulders and for me he's doing tremendously well. Sit back and enjoy him whilst he is here because regardless of signing a new contract if he keeps sticking them in the onion bag a team will make the club and Jason a offer neither can refuse and he'll be gone!

So your pissed. Well if you keep posting like that then there will be a lot more pissed off folk!

Sitting out the Quarter-final will be as good a lesson as he'll get - especially if we don't go through.

Stubbs won't have to say a word to him.

As for his contract status, I totally agree. If he's as good as he looks (and I think he is) he'll be with a bigger, better-paying club sometime in the near(ish) future. He's entitled to consider all his options, and whil I would say he'd probably be wise to stay at ER for another couple of years, especially if next year we're in the Prem, if the right offer comes along, he'll be daft to turn it down. A footballer's career is short at best, and one bad injury can end it completely.

And like you, I've never been able to work out why a player should feel all warm and loyal to folks who miss no opportunity to vent their spleen and put them down on forums like this one.