PDA

View Full Version : A couple of observations from last night

scoopyboy
17-02-2016, 06:44 PM
Apologies if covered elsewhere;

1. Souttar came on as a sub, I thought he was cup tied.

2. Couldn't see Jason on the park during SOL, was that a rule that he wasn't allowed on the pitch as he'd been sent off?

matty_f
17-02-2016, 06:46 PM

1. Souttar came on as a sub, I thought he was suspended.

2. Couldn't see Jason on the park during SOL, was that a rule that he wasn't allowed on the pitch as he'd been sent off?

Would be good if they awarded us the game 3-0 instead of 1-0, means we could give them their two offside goals and still have pumped them :faf:

Blaster
17-02-2016, 06:46 PM

Souttar was on the bench for the first game and never came on J so couldn't have been suspended

DaveF
17-02-2016, 06:48 PM

1. He was fine to play. Been discussed on other threads.

2. I dunno? Did Augustyn come out for the Hearts celebrations.......oh wait.....:greengrin

SaulGoodman
17-02-2016, 06:50 PM
In regards to number 2, can remember Suarez getting lauded about like a hero after his Handball at the World Cup in 2010 so not sure what the rules are in regards to coming back out at FT.

scoopyboy
17-02-2016, 06:52 PM
Souttar was on the bench for the first game and never came on J so couldn't have been suspended

When he signed I heard him in a radio interview stating he didn't realise he was cup tied.

PS I changed the original OP from suspended to cup tied.

Jack
17-02-2016, 06:57 PM
As far as I am aware once a player has been sent off its down the tunnel and no return.

Not sure how that would work in a cup final with the player not being able to collect his medal but that's my understanding.

scoopyboy
17-02-2016, 07:04 PM
As far as I am aware once a player has been sent off its down the tunnel and no return.

Not sure how that would work in a cup final with the player not being able to collect his medal but that's my understanding.

That seems to ring a bell

wookie70
17-02-2016, 07:06 PM
Perhaps that is why Stokes went down the Tunnel before Sunshine on Leith as Jason might have been sitting on his own. Never noticed at the match but some knob invaded the pitch after the game and was in the centre circle shaking players hand. Gonna just no, I get it when kids do it but surely ridiculous for a grown man.

Mark79
17-02-2016, 09:54 PM
I seen cummings walking down main stairs at reception with dempster in tow a minute after full time. Still had all his gear and football boots on. Not sure if he was darting down to join the team or not.

KWJ
17-02-2016, 10:09 PM
Perhaps that is why Stokes went down the Tunnel before Sunshine on Leith as Jason might have been sitting on his own. Never noticed at the match but some knob invaded the pitch after the game and was in the centre circle shaking players hand. Gonna just no, I get it when kids do it but surely ridiculous for a grown man.

Was the only spoiler of the night of 2007 celebrations. Wait for a ****** age at ER only for it to last just a few mins as hundreds of folk feel the need to run on the park.

matty_f
17-02-2016, 10:10 PM
Was the only spoiler of the night of 2007 celebrations. Wait for a ****** age at ER only for it to last just a few mins as hundreds of folk feel the need to run on the park.

:agree: selfish idiots ruined it for everyone.

wookie70
17-02-2016, 10:28 PM

I was absolutely loaded with the flu that night so was relieved when it was called off as I wasn't going to be able to stay much longer. Come to think of it I missed the 6-2 game because of flu and couldn't lift my head of the pillow for the goals. I wasn't well at all last night with a perforated infected ear and chest infection. If anyone is ill before the Cup Final give me a shout and I'll try to meet up so I can catch it. Looks like being ill is more successful than lucky socks.

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-02-2016, 07:39 AM
I remember in 2006 when Hearts bought, sorry won the Scottish cup and Hartley was sent off at the end of extra time. He was back on the pitch celebrating so obv different rules in a final. Cummings was maybe sorting out guestlists for George St during SOL [emoji28]