PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS...

RSS Bot
17-02-2016, 05:20 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6210)

TAHibby
17-02-2016, 05:51 PM
Could have done with this 4 years ago!

Monts
17-02-2016, 06:43 PM
What's the benefit to having a society? I'm a student with a season ticket already. Is it purely to get other students interested? And if so are there any incentives?

bob12345
17-02-2016, 06:52 PM
It's a good idea, there are so many foreign students who could be tempted to support us whilst in the capital.

TAHibby
17-02-2016, 07:23 PM
What's the benefit to having a society? I'm a student with a season ticket already. Is it purely to get other students interested? And if so are there any incentives?

I think that's pretty much it tbh. Amazed there's an Aberdeen one at Edinburgh already but no hibs

Speedy
17-02-2016, 07:34 PM

Personally I didn't have many (i.e. less than 3) Hibs supporting friends at uni.

If there was a society I could've met Hibbies who I could have gone to the game with, so would've gone to more and may well have kept my season ticket at the time.

frazeHFC
17-02-2016, 09:36 PM
At Dundee and within just my mates there's 4 of us that are keen Hibs fans, and I know a few other that post on here have been here within the past few years. Maybe 3 years ago would have interested but pointless now, for me anyway.

I think more than anything a society would be decent to get a group going on the train/ car share etc, or to meet up for any games on tv that people couldn't make.

Benjeloon
17-02-2016, 10:44 PM
I started at Edinburgh Uni last year and was amazed that there was an Aberdeen FC Society (who I spotted had their banner out when we gubbed them earlier this season) and noth a Hibs one!

I personally think its a great idea, particularly in Edinburgh as there are a huge amount of students from outwith Scotland that are football daft and would no doubt be interested in having a 'Scottish team'.

Diclonius
17-02-2016, 10:56 PM
Great idea. I'm at Stirling Uni, will be in touch re setting one up there.

danhibees1875
17-02-2016, 11:13 PM
I tried to start an Edinburgh Uni Hibs society a couple of years back, never really got running though. I was told similar had happened a few years previously too. Certainly didn't have any statements on the main site though - hopefully the extra backing from Hibs is all that is needed to get things going! Good luck! :thumbsup:

Frogga
18-02-2016, 08:40 AM
I was involved in a short lived one when I was at Edinburgh Uni in 2009/10. The main issue was that we already all had people we went to the games with so there wasn't really any benefit to us having the society and people lost interest quickly. If Hibs can offer incentives or something like that then it might work!

marinello59
18-02-2016, 09:18 AM
I was involved in a short lived one when I was at Edinburgh Uni in 2009/10. The main issue was that we already all had people we went to the games with so there wasn't really any benefit to us having the society and people lost interest quickly. If Hibs can offer incentives or something like that then it might work!

They should offer an incentive like cheap season tickets.:greengrin
It might not be for you but for others it could increase the sense of togetherness. Having a recognised group of your peers to watch televised matches together with for instance would be no bad thing. It might even result in students from out with Scotland adopting Hibs as their Scottish team. We are on the up at the moment, it's a good time to try and get others in to join the party. The benefits may not all be tangible but anything that raises our profile has to be a good thing.