PDA

View Full Version : Slightly Disappointed

Dashing Bob S
17-02-2016, 03:17 PM
Now that the dust has settled, and while delighted to go through, I'm a tad miffed we didn't bang a few more in the basket. Still, we're in the quarters, roll on ICT.

CallumLaidlaw
17-02-2016, 03:19 PM
Now that the dust has settled, and while delighted to go through, I'm a tad miffed we didn't bang a few more in the basket. Still, we're in the quarters, roll on ICT.

When it comes to beating them, any way will do. Look at 2006. We absolutely hammered them with the most comfortable 1-0 win ever. :greengrin
Anyway, if we'd been 3-0 up, what would we have all done with our fingernails for the last 20 minutes. :greengrin

SeanWilson
17-02-2016, 03:19 PM
Could easily have been 3 or 4 for us... Having said that, in ears gone by, those two offsides would never have been called. Savour the win 👍

Diclonius
17-02-2016, 03:23 PM
I'm still yet to see in person Hibs going two goals ahead against Hearts.

Ah well, we still won. Who cares. :greengrin

Leithenhibby
17-02-2016, 03:25 PM
When it comes to beating them, any way will do. Look at 2006. We absolutely hammered them with the most comfortable 1-0 win ever. :greengrin
Anyway, if we'd been 3-0 up, what would we have all done with our fingernails for the last 20 minutes. :greengrin

There will be plenty opportunities between now and the end of the season. :greengrin

Another one or two would have been nice.....

iwasthere1972
17-02-2016, 03:26 PM

Well considering they dominated most of the two games, I'm just thankful that we sneaked it in the end.

Thought the singing at the end was a bit OTT and we should have showed more respect to Heart of Midlothian FC. After all they do own us. It was however a nice gesture by our fans at the end to wave those jolly nice Hearts fans goodbye and wish them a safe journey home.

Give me the Robbie Neilson direct style hoofball football any day over this silky passing pish that we have to endure week in week out under Stubbs.

Lucky green and white heather, lucky green and white heather.

Ozyhibby
17-02-2016, 03:28 PM
Keating miss with the last kick of the ball was a shocker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
17-02-2016, 03:30 PM
Some good points here. Eighteen months ago we'd have lost that game due to our inability to dig in and defend. Hearts would have grabbed an equaliser at least, and probably done us with a late winner or grabbed one in extra time.

We don't wilt now. You could see the frustration on the Yam faces as it dawned on them that they will now actually have to work for anything they get from us in a derby.

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-02-2016, 04:02 PM
Some good points here. Eighteen months ago we'd have lost that game due to our inability to dig in and defend. Hearts would have grabbed an equaliser at least, and probably done us with a late winner or grabbed one in extra time.

We don't wilt now. You could see the frustration on the Yam faces as it dawned on them that they will now actually have to work for anything they get from us in a derby.

Spot on. A couple of years back we would have had a 'Phil Stamp' type moment where they somehow, from nowhere, score two late goals. No longer jumbos.

Vini1875
17-02-2016, 04:06 PM
I know what you mean. I said at the time that one more goal for us and they would crumble. As it was there always a chance we might have lost a late goal. We seem to have a knack of closing out games though even at one-nil. Don't think 3-0 would have flattered us, given the chances we had.

Coults1875
17-02-2016, 04:09 PM
Keating miss with the last kick of the ball was a shocker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought boyle had a better chance at a goal by taking it himself.

SeanWilson
17-02-2016, 04:22 PM
I thought boyle had a better chance at a goal by taking it himself.

he did, however as far as cut backs go... it was an absolute peach - could not have set him up any better. hey ho... luckily it was the last kick of the match!

Arch Stanton
17-02-2016, 04:30 PM

Indeed.

But at least we can be happy that they didn't benefit from Saturday's sprinklergate fiasco.

1van Sprou7e
17-02-2016, 04:46 PM
he did, however as far as cut backs go... it was an absolute peach - could not have set him up any better. hey ho... luckily it was the last kick of the match!

Agreed, great ball by Boyle

I'm pretty pissed Keatings didn't score though, would have been some ending to see a second goal from a hearts reject sink them

Islington Hibs
17-02-2016, 04:55 PM
I thought it a great game- real end to end nail biting stuff. We have a skilful set of players who can pass intelligently and can get stuck in. How many times can we say that over the last 20 odd years. I think we shaded it- both their goals were, in my view, offside, albeit marginal, sure they pressured us quite a bit in the second half, but they had to. They didn't really threaten often. We are now unbeaten against them in 5 (again not something we can often say) and in my view if we were in the SPL we would be up there with Aberdeen and Hearts.

It also shows if we really can consistently get our act together the club still has massive potential. Great stadium, large passionate support.

A great evening out. Not disappointed at all. :wink:

LustForLeith
18-02-2016, 08:33 AM
I'll gladly take a one nil win over them thanks to a scuffed own goal but I think we're due them a hammering.

If Cummings has scored that one when he raced through and with the way Hearts were playing (nervous, misplaced passes) I think we would have destroyed them.

Oh well. Roll on the next derby.

heretoday
18-02-2016, 08:55 AM
Cummings was through twice and Keatings had that howler of course but one out of four ain't bad in the circumstances!

zlatan
18-02-2016, 10:17 AM
Although ultimately irrelevant now I do hope that miss doesn't do much more damage to Keating's confidence.

Andy74
18-02-2016, 10:26 AM
Spot on. A couple of years back we would have had a 'Phil Stamp' type moment where they somehow, from nowhere, score two late goals. No longer jumbos.

Never mind a couple of years ago - we had Ozturk last year.

SeanWilson
18-02-2016, 10:32 AM
I thought it a great game- real end to end nail biting stuff.

My mrs said much the same on the way home... i was gutted that i had to spend the last 25 minutes or so trying to stop myself having a heart attack... she thought the fact that we managed to hold them off in a nail biting finally made the game all the better...

End of the day, we should have made it far more comfortable for ourselves - JC should have put away the second, Stokes on another day would have scored his main chance and Keatings sitter was a joke but hey ho... hibs victory and we go again!

Famous Fiver
18-02-2016, 10:56 AM
Talking about lucky wins....

I remember a match when Hearts rattled the post early on, missed a couple of good chances but what then happened?

We scored SEVEN!!!!!

GGTTH

AlbertK86
18-02-2016, 11:07 AM
Cummings was through twice and Keatings had that howler of course but one out of four ain't bad in the circumstances!

Also had Stokes worked his way through in first half then missed with a tame shot.

Add in McGinn effort - volley just passed post and Carmichael volley just passed post near end and that was seven close run chances

HiBremian
18-02-2016, 11:25 AM

If Jason had more confidence in his right peg he'd have scored a hat-trick. Both these chances went begging as he tried to play the ball with his left.

--------
18-02-2016, 11:39 AM

For those who think the present crop of Jumbos are only semi-evolved, THIS is Phil Stamp.

A 'cultured' footballer only in the context of a Petri dish ....

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000Mo3HfepnhSQ/s/650/Phil-Stamp-5-vass.jpg

--------
18-02-2016, 11:41 AM
Talking about lucky wins....

I remember a match when Hearts rattled the post early on, missed a couple of good chances but what then happened?

We scored SEVEN!!!!!

GGTTH

And I mind one when we had four chances in the first 12 minutes and scored them all.

And didnae score again for the whole of the rest of the game ....

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-02-2016, 12:39 PM
For those who think the present crop of Jumbos are only semi-evolved, THIS is Phil Stamp.

A 'cultured' footballer only in the context of a Petri dish ....

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000Mo3HfepnhSQ/s/650/Phil-Stamp-5-vass.jpg

Has anyone ever seen Phil Stamp and Phil Mitchell in the same room at the same time? Just putting that one out there