PDA

View Full Version : Penalty shout in the first half

Monts
17-02-2016, 01:44 PM
My mate and I were out our seats in the ff shouting for a penalty, but the rest of the stadium seemed a bit subdued. Was it just a case of us not seeing it right from the far end or was there actually something in it?
I've not seen it mentioned at all.

steakbake
17-02-2016, 01:46 PM
At one point, I was full sure I saw a handball in the box when there was a stramash in the box following a corner. That was in the second half, but given no-one else reacted, I guess it was nothing.

Onceinawhile
17-02-2016, 01:46 PM
When Cummings was clean through?

Never a penalty, Keeper got the ball. It was pretty much in line with me.:aok:

lord bunberry
17-02-2016, 01:47 PM
When Cummings was clean through?

Never a penalty, Keeper got the ball. It was pretty much in line with me.:aok:
No it was on the far side of the box

Bracksy
17-02-2016, 01:48 PM
No it was on the far side of the box
pretty sure its the McGregor (could be wrong) blocked off in the box off the ball? really shortly after we scored

Monts
17-02-2016, 01:54 PM
pretty sure its the McGregor (could be wrong) blocked off in the box off the ball? really shortly after we scored

Yes this is the one I was referring to. Didn't make that clear in my first post.

JimBHibees
17-02-2016, 01:55 PM
Personally thought that was a pen.

mentalhibee
17-02-2016, 02:00 PM

I sit up the end and I thought it was defo a pen.

Just Jimmy
17-02-2016, 03:22 PM
I sat right in line with the goal line in the west lower and we didn't have a legit claim that i can recall.

Cummings absolutely should have killed it to make it 2-0.

Mikey09
17-02-2016, 03:26 PM
Yep. McGregor nicked the ball past the yam defender and he was sent tumbling. Stonewaller from what I saw. Was right after we scored and Beaton shat it. Would love to see a replay of it.

Craigmount Hibs
17-02-2016, 05:24 PM
Yep. McGregor nicked the ball past the yam defender and he was sent tumbling. Stonewaller from what I saw. Was right after we scored and Beaton shat it. Would love to see a replay of it.
Agree. I was almost right in line with it - definite penalty. Shame the ref was a tube.

rcarter1
17-02-2016, 06:12 PM

I thought it looked a penalty at the time from the upper right hand corner of the west stand.
Replay on Hibernian TV ( where you can watch the whole game replayed) suggests the players collided, but the replay shows McGregor had touched the ball first. Looks a bit weird, and as the Hearts player never dived in it looks a fair collision. Technically I would think it was a penalty but not too surprised it wasn't given.