������������

mutley
17-02-2016, 11:21 AM
I saw that earlier, Hilarious

GGTTH

Pretty Boy
17-02-2016, 11:24 AM
'Form is temporary but 5-1 is permanent'

Awww wee snooksie wooksie is all cosy in his blanket.

Wee team mentality.

Craig_HFC
17-02-2016, 11:25 AM
I can never understand why they keep going on about our victory against Killie in the LC final...

Mark79
17-02-2016, 11:33 AM
Second comment says "we are getting as bad as them about 7 nil" ironic when his avatar is a 5-1 badge.

Wierdos

Drumlanrig
17-02-2016, 11:40 AM
Just had a look over on some of their threads and that Maroon Lesions guy is one sad mad individual!

They must surely lock him up at night? All he goes on about is 1-5, he's posted thousands of times and its always the same!

Nurse..... !

Waxy
17-02-2016, 12:43 PM
One day we'll pumped them in a cup final. It's the law of averages. But we will ALWAYS be the first Edinburgh club to win the Scottish cup. That cannot be changed.

TheMentalHibees
17-02-2016, 03:37 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160217/202ed8e117f56798e580cbc2f82214ea.jpg

Lot of this going on over there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SaulGoodman
17-02-2016, 03:55 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160217/202ed8e117f56798e580cbc2f82214ea.jpg

Lot of this going on over there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Class! Stolen for Twitter :greengrin

AndyM_1875
17-02-2016, 04:06 PM
5-1 eh? The pathetic comfort blanket.

What they don't seem to elaborate on is that having had a team they couldn't afford & sometimes pay for two decades how they went bust 12 months later after said 5-1. That their club was deservedly dragged through a mile of s**t and they had to go through the humiliation of being seen to stiff dozens of creditors and a CVA. And they got off very lightly when you consider what Rangers (horrible as they are) got put through.

Tainted much? Clowns.

Pete
17-02-2016, 04:12 PM
That 5-1 legion guy comes across as someone who hasn't developed adult characteristics.

definitely a child who is starting to annoy those who remember more than the cheating years.

Hibernia&Alba
17-02-2016, 05:14 PM
I don't have a problem with their banging on about 5-1 all the time. They know it hurts us, and that's what's banter and rivalry is all about. I admit it still bothers me and will continue to do so until it's avenged. It was the worst matchday experience of my life and was an embarrassment to every Hibs fan. We still love giving them 6-2 and 0-7, and rightly so; don't let them forget. Let them have 5-1; it happened and that's that. I just hope I'm around to see the tables turned in a cup final against them.

Their big team/wee team pish really is poor banter, though.

superfurryhibby
17-02-2016, 05:26 PM
I don't have a problem with their banging on about 5-1 all the time. They know it hurts us, and that's what's banter and rivalry is all about. I admit it still bothers me and will continue to do so until it's avenged. It was the worst matchday experience of my life and was an embarrassment to every Hibs fan. We still love giving them 6-2 and 0-7, and rightly so; don't let them forget. Let them have 5-1; it happened and that's that. I just hope I'm around to see the tables turned in a cup final against them.

Their big team/wee team pish really is poor banter, though.

Bloody hell, I'm not alone.

It's what sporting rivalry is all about. No passion, no point. Hibs fans who've reached a certain age have the scars, they will always nag away.. fFortunately, there are some rather satisfying laments I can sing to myself and there is the odd moment that will forever bring joy.

Me, I've packed away the bowls and yes, Big Team...ma erchie.

Hibernia&Alba
17-02-2016, 05:39 PM
Bloody hell, I'm not alone.

It's what sporting rivalry is all about. No passion, no point. Hibs fans who've reached a certain age have the scars, they will always nag away.. fFortunately, there are some rather satisfying laments I can sing to myself and there is the odd moment that will forever bring joy.

Me, I've packed away the bowls and yes, Big Team...ma erchie.

Aye, it's just one we have to take. But, if in ten years time they're still going on about 5-1, after being owned by Hibs in the interim, let them have it. We can't change that result, but we can make sure it doesn't happen again.

Sudds_1
17-02-2016, 05:48 PM
Love that post "....form is temporary but 5-1 is permanent"

...............................So is 7-0

MWHIBBIES
17-02-2016, 05:58 PM
They all think we were really hurt by that cup final, honestly I couldn't care less. The chances of us winning were very slim and I knew it, I was over it before I was back to the car. Livi one was worse.

Hibernia&Alba
17-02-2016, 06:07 PM
They all think we were really hurt by that cup final, honestly I couldn't care less. The chances of us winning were very slim and I knew it, I was over it before I was back to the car. Livi one was worse.

We all see things different, MW, and I wish I could have your nonchalance about that awful day, but it scunnered me and is still bothersome. The Livingston league Cup Final was woeful, but wasn't in the same league as 2012 for me. We were underdogs, aye, but the performance and result were totally unacceptable. Craig Thomson played his part of course, but the lack of pride in the green jersey was unforgivable. One good thing (amongst many) that Stubbs has done is put resilience in the team. In years gone by there's no way we'd have come back from 0-2 at Tynie.

bigwheel
17-02-2016, 06:09 PM

I'm the same I have to admit...the Livi one hurt me deeper...the 5-1 game has had really no impact on me since that day...

Pete
17-02-2016, 06:11 PM
We all see things different, MW, and I wish I could have your nonchalance about that awful day, but it scunnered me and is still bothersome. The Livingston league Cup Final was woeful, but wasn't in the same league as 2012 for me. We were underdogs, aye, but the performance and result were totally unacceptable. Craig Thomson played his part of course, but the lack of pride in the green jersey was unforgivable. One good thing (amongst many) that Stubbs has done is put resilience in the team. In years gone by there's no way we'd have come back from 0-2 at Tynie.

Bloody hell mate I'm trying to picture you typing that with your handkerchief and beauty spot.

They cheated financially and the ref was bent. It's all banter but unlike our 0-7 there is an easy riposte. :thumbsup:

Hibrandenburg
17-02-2016, 06:12 PM
The 5-1 thing does bug me but I'm not losing sleep over it. I know it's tainted, they know it's tainted but more importantly they know that I know they know it's tainted.

lucky
17-02-2016, 06:15 PM
Them giving 1-5 and us 0-7 is what it's all about. At this moment in time their hurt is greater cos last night and the last 5 derby matches are fresher in their minds. Yes we got gubbbed in a cup final but then again most Scottish teams have. The semi sensible puddle drinkers understand that the tide has turned our way in derby matches. Their joy that day was great for them but this season has a chance to be the greatest in our history. But as Hibbies we often expect the worst but Stubbs and his team are fighters and I think we've got a great chance of glory.

Andy74
17-02-2016, 06:18 PM
Out overall record since the 5-1 must be quite decent?

Waxy
17-02-2016, 06:19 PM
Reckon they go on about 5-1 so much because of the 0-7.. I wouldnt swap it for 0-7.

Hibbyradge
17-02-2016, 06:28 PM
Out overall record since the 5-1 must be quite decent?

I read that it's 5-5-5 actually.

matty_f
17-02-2016, 06:31 PM
I read that it's 5-5-5 actually.

This Hibs team definitely have the measure of that Hearts team though. Undefeated in the last 5 against them, with 2 wins amongst that and Hearts very fortunate to get draws in the others (and I include the 2-2 in that one, we were the better team in that game).

Neilson tried to tell the radio listeners that switching the play was the way to beat Hibs - my questions is, how the **** would he know?

snooky
17-02-2016, 06:36 PM
'Form is temporary but 5-1 is permanent'

Awww wee snooksie wooksie is all cosy in his blanket.

Wee team mentality.

Naw that wisny me, mate.

Did they launch 'Newbie' after he posted the giant hi-BEE? :greengrin
Brilliant, agent Newbie :aok:

Hibernia&Alba
17-02-2016, 06:39 PM
Bloody hell mate I'm trying to picture you typing that with your handkerchief and beauty spot.

They cheated financially and the ref was bent. It's all banter but unlike our 0-7 there is an easy riposte. :thumbsup:

Of course they were financially cheating, Peter, but, like their big cousins in Govan who did the same, they don't care. They (though not all of them) don't care about the small businesses, charities and individuals who were screwed over. If every club acted as they did, there would be carnage in the game, but they don't care about that, nor can the record books be changed. Aye it sticks in the craw, but that's the way it is. The Maroonics can have 5-1; we as a club were at a very low ebb at that point, but the present is looking pretty good for us. The potential is clear for all to see: a good manager for the first time in ages and once again it becomes clear how big we could be in Scottish football. We move forward and aim to be the top club outwith the Old Firm - but by doing it fairly.

ehf
17-02-2016, 06:42 PM

:agree: The 5-1 game was completely tainted and counts for nothing. We had a crap team and a clueless manager but their players were being paid with money that was stolen from Lithuanian savers, the UK taxpayer, the City of Edinburgh Council Taxpayer and numerous small local business. And the contest was skewed even further by that blatantly corrup cheat Thomson. In no sense was it a sporting contest at all. Whereas 0-7 and 6-2 (and I would add the 0-3 Millenium derby) were pure.

Kato
17-02-2016, 06:48 PM
The 5-1 thing does bug me but I'm not losing sleep over it. I know it's tainted, they know it's tainted but more importantly they know that I know they know it's tainted.

This. Its' why they are so angrily persistent with it. Repeat the score often enough and imagine people will forget what their club was up to in the background.

Their owner from that day still has an interpol warrant out for his arrest on charges of embezzlement and money-laundering. Says it all. It's what they won WWI for, so they could allow crook after crook to run their club.

Hibernia&Alba
17-02-2016, 06:49 PM
:agree: The 5-1 game was completely tainted and counts for nothing. We had a crap team and a clueless manager but their players were being paid with money that was stolen from Lithuanian savers, the UK taxpayer, the City of Edinburgh Council Taxpayer and numerous small local business. And the contest was skewed even further by that blatantly corrup cheat Thomson. In no sense was it a sporting contest at all. Whereas 0-7 and 6-2 (and I would add the 0-3 Millenium derby) were pure.

Oh I agree, mate, but try telling that to anyone who isn't a Hibs fan (especially a Maroonic) and try changing the record books. Sadly, it doesn't change the fact that they took the cup home, nor that we were left to pick up the pieces. I only hope that justice is done someday.

superfurryhibby
17-02-2016, 06:54 PM
Funny, all the posts with it counts for nothing, tainted , cheats ect , etc. The Jambo's probably enjoy all that more than any other response?

5-1 happened, we never won the cup yet again. It hurt like ****. Recognise it and get over it. Denial only preserves the inner bitterness. Embrace and then cleanse it.

Pete
17-02-2016, 07:10 PM
Oh I agree, mate, but try telling that to anyone who isn't a Hibs fan (especially a Maroonic) and try changing the record books. Sadly, it doesn't change the fact that they took the cup home, nor that we were left to pick up the pieces. I only hope that justice is done someday.

We had pieces to pick up long before that final and don't need to avenge anything. People are going on about it like it was some unspeakable act that requires therapy.

Relax :thumbsup:

Hibernia&Alba
17-02-2016, 07:11 PM
Funny, all the posts with it counts for nothing, tainted , cheats ect , etc. The Jambo's probably enjoy all that more than any other response?

5-1 happened, we never won the cup yet again. It hurt like ****. Recognise it and get over it. Denial only preserves the inner bitterness. Embrace and then cleanse it.

Yup, the records can't be changed, despite everything that has been accurately described by others, and it's probably true to say they get all the more satisfaction from that. Anyway **** them; they know the tide is moving in our direction.

Islington Hibs
17-02-2016, 07:15 PM
'Me and my mate were in the Hibs end as well. Nothing surprising, like all football fans they thought there was a conspiracy against them when it came to refereeing. They loved to shout hoof every time Hearts played a long ball and they were absolutely over the moon to win and of course they should be.

I went to Man U vs Real Madrid CL semi final at Old Trafford around about 1999. What I remember most is that even when Madrid went 3 goals ahead on aggregate, the Man U fans genuinely still believed they could do it. I was amazed, but that came from years of watching their team do it. The Hibs fans were beside themselves in the second half last night, they could not believe how little possession they had and fully expected Hearts to eventually score and win. It comes from years of watching Hearts do it to them no matter the circumstances. Part of their delight came from the fact that they actually held out.

One guy in our row went to the toilet 7 times in the second half and every time mentioned he couldn't cope with this, I can't go through it again he said. '

Interesting post from Kickback - and not totally wrong. the boot used to be on the other foot. We are now 5 unbeaten against them-confidence is building....

17-02-2016, 07:21 PM
The penny is finally dropping for some of them now that they can't keep hiding behind 5-1. Unfortunately many of them are still in the "oh but but 5-1" brigade.

If in doubt just shout "5-1 and 1902" and everything will be ok :aok::ostrich::lolyam:

hibsbollah
17-02-2016, 07:29 PM
I'm the same I have to admit...the Livi one hurt me deeper...the 5-1 game has had really no impact on me since that day...

Agree. I strangely have a (brief) great memory of 2012, the pre match atmosphere was unbelievable, the singing, the sunshine on Leith, we seemed so much louder than them, proper Hampden roar and I couldn't hear my daughter speak standing next to me. Of course the 90 mins was a nightmare.

The Livvy final was just soulless abject misery throughout. One of the few times in my life I drank Carlsberg Special Brew. That bad.

MWHIBBIES
17-02-2016, 07:33 PM

5-1 happened, we never won the cup yet again. It hurt like ****. Recognise it and get over it. Denial only preserves the inner bitterness. Embrace and then cleanse it.What if it really doesn't bother or hurt me? I genuinely don't care and or think about that day at all. It was a horrible 90 minutes to me, nothing more.

Pretty Boy
17-02-2016, 07:36 PM
5-1 hurt like **** but does it bother me when they sing it, signal it or shout it at me now? Nope, not a bit.

If it has taught me anything it's how little all the wind ups about 7-0 actually bothered them after the 1st few years, probably not a lot.

lucky
17-02-2016, 08:03 PM
The 1-5 happened regardless how it was paid for. But now they are realising that they have to pay for players themselves their team is not so strong. Can you imagine how ***** they'd be if the FOH were not putting £125k a month into the club. Remember they've got to start paying back Budgie soon. Their budget is going to be reduced further with that and the supposed new stand. For me they enjoyed their day in 2012. We are going enjoy 2016 and more going forward as its 5 unbeaten and counting.

Hibernia&Alba
17-02-2016, 08:08 PM
The 1-5 happened regardless how it was paid for. But now they are realising that they have to pay for players themselves their team is not so strong. Can you imagine how ***** they'd be if the FOH were not putting £125k a month into the club. Remember they've got to start paying back Budgie soon. Their budget is going to be reduced further with that and the supposed new stand. For me they enjoyed their day in 2012. We are going enjoy 2016 and more going forward as its 5 unbeaten and counting.

:top marks

Alex Trager
17-02-2016, 08:15 PM
Love that post "....form is temporary but 5-1 is permanent"

...............................So is 7-0

Haha that's what I thought when I read it earlier.

17-02-2016, 08:39 PM
Remember there was clowns over on keekback claiming 5-1 "shook the world"

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf: